Subject: "(AUTO) [ENTROPY] Riigda the Watcher of the Storms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135336
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 17-Oct-18 04:32 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135336, "(AUTO) [ENTROPY] Riigda the Watcher of the Storms"

Wed Oct 17 16:28:36 2018

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Riigda perished, never to return.

Race:frost
Class:ranger
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:ENTROPY, the Barons of Chaos
Hours:103

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Riigda (Anonymous)Fri 19-Oct-18 10:47 AM
Charter member
#135341, "Grew boring"
In response to Reply #0

Wasn't rolled as a Baron, but came upon Gilverspitz at some young rank and was IC really impressed by Magic, thus became a seeker of the tower and got inducted as a non-mage (which IMHO fits the Barons perfectly to do something random like that.)

Sadly, Entropy has no PK powers, and the build was not particularly powerful on its own. Thus fighting villagers consisted primarily of prepping and them running close to death. Unprepped, Riigda was easy toast. I thought enlarged giant bearcharge would be more reliable, but unfortunately it's more like triplag, not permalag. Maybe if I went mountaineer, but not convinced. And don't even get me started on elves evading and me looking dumb.

RP-wise it also grew very stale sadly. Maybe it's just me unable to hack Rahsael's religion, but the combination of a dead end there plus no folks in the cabal to RP with assured this death.

TLDR: Entropy needs real powers. Working mirror would be a start. Removing crap timers, saves and restrictions on disperse and randomize would make it almost viable. Making garble not easy to save against would also help. As it stands, there's no reason to play Entropy unless you're a masochist and don't care for powers.

RahsaelSat 20-Oct-18 02:24 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135345, "RE: Grew boring"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 20-Oct-18 02:26 AM

Hate to break it to you and everyone else, but I don't think any coders feel much like touching Entropy powers right now. If it feels like the bastard stepchild of cabals, well, it kind of is. But it also is the only cabal with basically no rules and Rahsael's warm, open and friendly presence. Some people think that's fun(?). Maybe the powers will change or get boosted in the future, maybe not. But don't count on that.

I liked Riigda. You seemed to be having fun when I saw you. Every once in a while, I'd catch something I wasn't crazy about. Please don't use "yo" as a greeting But generally you mixed it up and added some chaotic fun to things.

You never hit a dead end in my religion, if that's any consolation. I had set you to a task, from what I remember, but I'm not sure if you had ever worked out how you were going to accomplish it. Glancing at your history, the first time we talked about religion stuff was at your 70-hour mark in early July. You stopped logging in around 100 hours in mid-September, so your playtimes were a little bit sparse.

At that same time, I was dealing with some troubling (but now resolved!) health issues AND my work was blowing up, so my times were a bit low, too. Sorry you fell through the cracks. I promise that I don't give the cold shoulder to players trying to follow me. If it isn't working out, I'll tell you so in no uncertain terms.

Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135336 Previous topic | Next topic