Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Undaraxyl Mal'Akith Verth the Rave..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135214
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 26-Sep-18 08:00 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135214, "(AGE DEATH) [SCARAB] Undaraxyl Mal'Akith Verth the Ravenous Mummy, Proven in Blood, Flame of the Scarab"

Wed Sep 26 19:59:48 2018

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Undaraxyl perished, never to return.

Race:mummy
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:1360

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Truly outstanding, Mcbeth, 03-Oct-18 06:42 PM, #23
Reply You've stored leaderspot for way too long, Frumi N/T, Kstatida, 01-Oct-18 04:03 PM, #14
Reply Just gotta call BS on that., Undaraxyl (Anonymous), 03-Oct-18 01:49 PM, #18
Reply So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!, Undaraxyl (Anonymous), 29-Sep-18 12:44 PM, #10
Reply RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!, TJHuron, 29-Sep-18 02:26 PM, #11
Reply Way too nice!, Wilice (Anonymous), 30-Sep-18 08:40 PM, #12
Reply You ignored my applicant for almost 3 weeks., ibuki, 01-Oct-18 07:22 AM, #13
Reply RE: You ignored my applicant for almost 3 weeks., Rahsael, 01-Oct-18 05:49 PM, #15
Reply RE: You ignored my applicant for almost 3 weeks., Undaraxyl (Anonymous), 03-Oct-18 01:56 PM, #19
Reply RE: I hope if you died at my hands, that you got someth..., Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 01-Oct-18 06:19 PM, #16
Reply I remember, Undaraxyl (Anonymous), 03-Oct-18 02:04 PM, #20
     Reply Please oh please post the logs!, Mcbeth, 03-Oct-18 06:37 PM, #22
     Reply Logs are always welcome, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 03-Oct-18 09:09 PM, #24
Reply RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!, Thaedan (Anonymous), 01-Oct-18 09:58 PM, #17
Reply RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!, Fugmada (Anonymous), 07-Oct-18 12:25 AM, #25
Reply Made me unblock this site just to pay my respects., TMNS, 16-Oct-18 09:45 PM, #27
Reply RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!, Ishuli, 18-Oct-18 03:43 PM, #28
Reply Overall a fantastic character, and you should be proud., k-b, 28-Sep-18 10:55 AM, #6
Reply ."I always felt like a Scarab was supposed to be.....", Athioles, 29-Sep-18 12:03 AM, #7
     Reply Maybe u shoulda kept reading...nt, k-b, 29-Sep-18 01:08 AM, #9
Reply your wraithform is down dude, Gillador (Anonymous), 27-Sep-18 10:21 PM, #5
Reply Well Done!, Blkdrgn, 27-Sep-18 01:11 PM, #4
Reply You made history!, Rahsael, 26-Sep-18 11:06 PM, #2
Reply Great job and great character. Well done! nt, Polmier (Anonymous), 27-Sep-18 10:02 AM, #3
Reply IMO the extension for undead should be longer., Athioles, 29-Sep-18 12:06 AM, #8
Reply Technically Drekvah age died as a lich six years ago., KoeKhaos, 10-Oct-18 06:09 PM, #26
Reply Holy smokes!, Saagkri, 26-Sep-18 08:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Holy smokes!, Undaraxyl (Anonymous), 03-Oct-18 02:06 PM, #21

McbethWed 03-Oct-18 06:42 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135270, "Truly outstanding"
In response to Reply #0

Great character. Like others have said, your emotes were just perfect.

In a lot of ways I can track my learning and growth as a player by using my fights against Undaraxyl as a benchmark... are you sure you "only" had 18 months? I'd swear it was more like 30-36!

Many of my more memorable moments as Lea, Talimor, and Drissa came against you. Whenever you were on I knew that if you had enough time to raise an army that there would be a hell of a fight to be had. I also played alongside you very, very, briefly as a Scarab initiate and loved what I saw from the other angle as well.

KstatidaMon 01-Oct-18 04:03 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135255, "You've stored leaderspot for way too long, Frumi N/T"
In response to Reply #0

N/T

Undaraxyl (Anonymous)Wed 03-Oct-18 01:49 PM
Charter member
#135264, "Just gotta call BS on that."
In response to Reply #14

RT News?
Fail to see how I 'stored leadership' when there were no other 'Leader' positions filled in the cabal for a significant portion of my time? It also sounds like you, others too, don't understand the roles of the Trinity.

Undaraxyl (Anonymous)Sat 29-Sep-18 12:44 PM
Charter member
#135229, "So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!"
In response to Reply #0

I have no idea where to begin here, maybe 18 months ago I rolled? So no way I am going to mention everyone that came and went. Please feel free to chime in.
This char helped save my sanity through a year or so of crazy work commitments that screwed with my day hours. My Mummy time was a way to shut off my
brain and tune out of the stress of the job.

So with that. The bad: Probably not the best Scarab ever, as evidenced by my failure to get Scara to give me any tattoo love (Someday I figure out
what it takes). Then there is my sense of fairplay, I try not to piss on people's cheerios, try not to multikill (Although there are always those Shamanman
types that just keep coming), rarely loot (I think I had pretty much the same gear for 100s of hours at a time). Sometimes that would make me not a good Scarab
because I got irked when people didn't reciprocate. Hey we're all human! But to K-B's comments - I did take items and hold them, I'm not sure Scarab is not
supposed to NOT to take items, since Venara and Malch and plenty of others would and did. However I was fine with the orc chiefs (I think I had solid ententes
with 3 or 4) to hold them, while I got to feed. As to 'not moving' some of that might be perception, it would usually take me a solid hour min to assemble an army.
Which would involve going and getting corpses, then I'd return to the temple to keep building, especially when I was expecting the Maran horde to raid. Which
may have looked like I just wasn't out and about, to those who were camping on the docks with gel!

Anyway the good: I was aiming to be that ancient ever-present evil, that lurked ominously in the imaginations and lore. The kind of thing parents scare thier
children with into behaving. I hope that it came through with those that took the time to actually interact with me. There are a whole bunch of players that
I love playing with and against. Twist's incarnations constantly raised my tacticts. Venara and Malch (who are a couple of great Imm additions) were great to
tag along with, some solid game knowledge that I didn't know came from them.

Notables:
Take your pick of the multitude of Twist incarnations. There wasn't many PC builds I could usually handle solo, but a couple of Twist's were in that list.

Maran:
Drissa was a beast, sad you up and left. I over extended myself a couple of times with you and paid the price. When you came with others there wasn't much
I could do.

Yanni - boy I hate dispell! 1:1 the best you usually could do was wreck my army. With others, yeah I didn't fare so well.

Aurew = Flying healer boy! You are the ultimate back up man. So many folks have you to thank for surviving my scourges.

Wilice - you are coming into your own it seems, your build seems designed to frustrate the hell out of me, and add in your flying medic I just burned through preps.

Jeunne - Catching me unprepped was alwasy painful, but you learned pretty quickly to exit stage left when my maladicts landed.

Merelith - 1 on 1 I usually had the upper hand, but having you in the mix with others and things got dangerous, especially after you got Captain.

Empire:
Some were cool foes, some were just pissy. Shove is the bane of Necros at times.
I had some interesting tension relations with a couple of Emperors and tried to coax a few Anathema into Scarab.

Outlander:
There were a multitude of great outlander enemies over the years.

Tribs:
Several necro tribs tried to be super chummy with Undara, some she was curious about, others she would have happily waxed. One of them got me when I got cocky and
like most times I died, didn't prep all the way. Then there was the day that I discovered specter disrupt works on undead! I had always thought you couldn't disrupt PC
undead higher level than you. NOPE! Just goes to show that there is always somehing new to learn in CF. Then poor Luci I think was on the edge of peeing
his pants when ever I was near him, I always got the feeling he had, flee/quaff return, typed in ready to go, because he never knew whether I was going to kill him or not.

Battle:
Again a multitude of cool antagonists. Berserkers are again the bane of necros, as they can unleash a ####-ton of damage so fast, and ones that could lag you even a little,
could blast through 1500 hp in no time if they caught you with your bandages down. I thing I probably died more to Berserkers than anyone.

Scarabs:
My fellow Scarabs, boy I wish there were more of us at times! When the Trinity was on we tore it up. Malc was just a wrecking machine, Venara was a wealth of info and
great RP. Jeede just racked up bodycounts all over. I saw some frustrated posts about me blowing off applicants and I have to say that's just a crock of ####. I always
gave attention to Apps, but when you have a pack of Maran hunting you across Thera it's kind of hard to have a fireside chat. Also the Flame isn't supposed to be inducting,
that's the Voice's role. I think I pulled the trigger on maybe two apps, because they were waiting for some time and were just stand out. One came to nothing, the other
I hope will continue on kicking ass, GO GILLY! Thanks for the Wrathform reminders! I always tended to leave is as the last prep up as nothing sucks more than getting into
a fight with 1 hour left and it dropping in the middle.

Entropy:
Crossed paths with a few, Gilver was always an interesting one. There are some folks I never knew if they were Entropy or not. There was one shapeshifter who introduced
himself with "Hello Undaraxyl, my pappy always told me...don't make enemies of ravenous undead mummies, so however I can be of service!?" I chortled no end.

To everyone else on whom I fed, thanks for keeping me going! I would have been so sad to con die, so thanks to the Imms for the ritual. Still haven't completely
figured out how it decides to give you the boost, though I have my suspicions. I do wish undead could get just a little boost from leadercon.

Probably the longest lived char I have played, I think I've age died a couple of others. I do enjoy the transitions of age in chars as it gives you a chance to
continue to evolve and change. Being undead gave me a nice switch from cold evil drow bitch, to ominous creepy. I keep playing this game, for many reasons:
The mental escape from work and stress.
The adrenaline of a good pk win/loss/escape.
The delight of RP from people, and how creative they can be.
The ability to exercise my creative muscles in developing an immersive character.

My goal is always to create a char that adds to the game, while I can PK, its not my kill count that makes me happy (Although this is probably my highest, I
walked away from a bunch of easy frags, or people I realized were AFK. Sorry Tien, by the time I realized, you had already been scourged, and its not often people
would survive that), I hope I achieved that with Undaraxyl. I hope if you died at my hands, that you got something out of the experience. I hope that if you were
an ally that I taught you something. If you were an enemy, I hope that I challenged you. I got to explore a bunch of places I had never been, though the one Inferno
run didn't go great, and Silent closed. I think the one place I didn't go was Octagonal.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed Undaraxyl as much as I did. Keep CF Great!

TJHuronSat 29-Sep-18 02:26 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135230, "RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!"
In response to Reply #10

Fought you over a couple characters, most notably as Oxias and Annalaethina. You generally had the upper hand against Oxias but I have to admit that one time I got both you and Sevina and then again when you unghosted and I was still stuck in the Steppes was probably one of my all time favorite CF pk moments. You were lots of fun to match up against. Well done on a long lasting and excellent character in all aspects of the game!

Wilice (Anonymous)Sun 30-Sep-18 08:40 PM
Charter member
#135245, "Way too nice!"
In response to Reply #10

I'm a nobody. But I wanted to be persistent against you. I've killed a few mummies in the past and it takes a bit of luck, persistence, and wearing them down. So I was happy to go at you as much as possible.

I think Aurew only aided me once or twice, I'd just go blow through gold to heal up and come back against you. Although Aurew is pretty awesome.

Anyway, Undraxyl was super great! I remember with on of my characters last year I gave you a good run, only for you to come back and one-round me with a sick scroll. That. Was. Legit.

Your emotes were awesome, too.

JOB WELL DONE.

ibukiMon 01-Oct-18 07:22 AM
Member since 30th Oct 2005
122 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135250, "You ignored my applicant for almost 3 weeks."
In response to Reply #10

When I tried making a Scarab there were 3 people in the cabal including you, the only leader. You generally gave no response at all to any attempt to interact through tells or in person. When you occasionally did, it was with a single one or two word answer and then silence for the rest of that login. You were paying enough attention to show up sometimes when I would tell you the location of an enemy or to finish a weakened outer. I was on at the same time as you ten times over twenty days with no sign of anything else from you.

RahsaelMon 01-Oct-18 05:49 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#135256, "RE: You ignored my applicant for almost 3 weeks."
In response to Reply #13

The Flame *can* induct, but is generally discouraged from doing so.

Undaraxyl (Anonymous)Wed 03-Oct-18 01:56 PM
Charter member
#135265, "RE: You ignored my applicant for almost 3 weeks."
In response to Reply #13

>When I tried making a Scarab there were 3 people in the cabal
>including you, the only leader. You generally gave no response
>at all to any attempt to interact through tells or in person.
>When you occasionally did, it was with a single one or two
>word answer and then silence for the rest of that login. You
>were paying enough attention to show up sometimes when I would
>tell you the location of an enemy or to finish a weakened
>outer. I was on at the same time as you ten times over twenty
>days with no sign of anything else from you.

I refer you to the info in my farewell along with Rah's confirmation that the Flame is not supposed to be the one inducting. (Not to say that I didn't, again see my goodbye note)

So how many hours were you a pledge? I estimate I spent 130-160 hours as an active pledge while there were at least two of the three leader spots filled. You need to understand Scarab is not Trib. It does and should take a little more to get inducted. So I kept on keeping on, doing the kind of things a Scarab should, and eventually the induct arrived. Sorry you are so irate about it, and I don't get what you don't understand.

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Mon 01-Oct-18 06:19 PM
Charter member
#135257, "RE: I hope if you died at my hands, that you got someth..."
In response to Reply #10

Like I said before, I learned that before logging on to CF, I should pay attention to notices at my front door saying that "power will be out at 11am-4pm this day".

I don't have the log since I relogged from a tablet to get my things, but I remember you dropped a phrase about the kobold pots or something that was probably a tiny factor that made me reactivate.

Undaraxyl (Anonymous)Wed 03-Oct-18 02:04 PM
Charter member
#135266, "I remember"
In response to Reply #16

When I caught the tell I was super bummed at the though of what, in my opinion, was an great character was going to be gone.
SO go go Gravesight and a creative why to tell the light-shod horsey-man where to go. I was happy you stuck around as we had some awesome back and forth fights after that.

And though I didn't chime in on your farewell thread, let me say now, you were a rock solid character. Your build poured damage when you caught me unawares. That fight in High Lord's was epic, only Scanlon sword saved me from your killing hit, only to dump me on the nasty pirate ship on Despair, but you earned that one, perfect tactics in a nasty trap.

I have lots of logs so let me know if you want them posted.

McbethWed 03-Oct-18 06:37 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#135269, "Please oh please post the logs!"
In response to Reply #20

nt

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Wed 03-Oct-18 09:09 PM
Charter member
#135278, "Logs are always welcome"
In response to Reply #20

Glad you enjoyed the fights, I wasn't sure if you did but you damn sure were challenging even 2vs1.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 01-Oct-18 09:58 PM
Charter member
#135258, "RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!"
In response to Reply #10

Great job. Think you're the last person I interacted with as a mortal who was still around. Still a little mad I rolled the dice and lost on that PWK at the gargoyle. Win some, lose some.

Here's me hoping you come back with something equally great.

Fugmada (Anonymous)Sun 07-Oct-18 12:25 AM
Charter member
#135290, "RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!"
In response to Reply #10

Great ally! Was always great running with you. Although it seemed most would leave when we were both running around.

TMNSTue 16-Oct-18 09:44 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#135334, "Made me unblock this site just to pay my respects."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Tue 16-Oct-18 09:45 PM

You were a tough mofugga, and you came up in a really competitive time with some really great characters, and you still managed to somewhat seperate yourself.

I always had fun fighting you (except that one time in Imperial lands where I went to smoke a cig and you brutalized me heh) and I was very happy I got you solo even if I did get lucky and catch you only semi-prepped.

If more people can/will play chars like this CF would return to the "glory days".

PS I think you made Brondalorm's role if I'm not mistaken.

IshuliThu 18-Oct-18 03:43 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#135338, "RE: So Long and Thanks for the Flesh!"
In response to Reply #10

You lived a long time. I actually enjoyed watching you a lot when you were super close to condead, since it was always a gamble. Yet somehow, every time, you made it longer and longer!

-Ish

k-bFri 28-Sep-18 10:55 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#135225, "Overall a fantastic character, and you should be proud."
In response to Reply #0

However, I do take a few issues with how you played this Scarab, and the direction the cabal took directly under your leadership. I always felt like a Scarab was supposed to be a lone warrior. You against the world, only killing and spreading the truth matters. However, you repeatedly relied on orcs to do a lot of your heavy lifting. Going as far as to not even move for hours until someone else (usually an orc) would log on. You also cared a lot about taking items and holding those items, which again goes against what I always felt the spirit of the cabal was. I.E. #### cabal wars and all that ####, we're (Scarabs) all about killing and being badasses and truth and all that ####.

Now. Having said my criticisms. Undaraxyl was a long-lived, well RP'd, badass that stood the test of time. I enjoyed being your enemy through 3 or 4 relatively long-lived characters. I enjoyed the challenge you presented as an enemy, and overall I think we ended up even on killing each other. But again, that was over several characters of mine. I don't think I ever once spoke to you directly, but that's probably a failure of mine. I should have tried to engage you so I could have a chance to peek into your RP perspective as well.

Overall, well done. And I hope to see you back soon.

AthiolesSat 29-Sep-18 12:03 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#135226, "."I always felt like a Scarab was supposed to be.....""
In response to Reply #6

I stopped reading there. no1curr.gif

Unda was awesome.

k-bSat 29-Sep-18 01:08 AM
344 posts
#135228, "Maybe u shoulda kept reading...nt"
In response to Reply #7

Nt

Gillador (Anonymous)Thu 27-Sep-18 10:21 PM
Charter member
#135223, "your wraithform is down dude"
In response to Reply #0

I am going to miss you. You had the emotes on lock. They were detailed, expressive, and well used. We had some fun logins together just rolling through all sorts of action. I also had the pleasure of interacting with many previous chars as an enemy where you always had class but I didn’t get to see the creepy side.

BlkdrgnThu 27-Sep-18 01:11 PM
295 posts
#135220, "Well Done!"
In response to Reply #0

I've been your ally, your enemy and even the one Mummy that defeated you. You were creepy and your emotes were wonderfully. I think I didn't get to talk to you much though. When you were online you were a force to be reckoned with and congrats being the first to age die an undead. That is amazing. 1360 hours dayum. GLWYN.

RahsaelWed 26-Sep-18 11:06 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#135216, "You made history!"
In response to Reply #0

You're the first undead to age die. Congrats!

I played as a mort with you on both sides and thought you were a great big baddie. Very good creepy flavor. I'm also impressed at how close you came to con death before turning it around - and how you pulled off like 600 more hours.

Really enjoyed watching you. Great job!

Polmier (Anonymous)Thu 27-Sep-18 10:02 AM
Charter member
#135218, "Great job and great character. Well done! nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

AthiolesSat 29-Sep-18 12:06 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#135227, "IMO the extension for undead should be longer."
In response to Reply #2

I mean, Unda was originally a drow and didn't live too terrible much longer than she would have without the becoming.

2000+ hours for those who can keep the con!

KoeKhaosWed 10-Oct-18 06:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
#135300, "Technically Drekvah age died as a lich six years ago."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 10-Oct-18 06:09 PM

Granted, it wasn't because of spending well over 1000 hours in game which is quite a lot of time playing a single character!

SaagkriWed 26-Sep-18 08:15 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#135215, "Holy smokes!"
In response to Reply #0

Quite a run! Have enjoyed Undaraxyl over many characters. Acra, Serris, Odoe and more.

Nice going!

Undaraxyl (Anonymous)Wed 03-Oct-18 02:06 PM
Charter member
#135267, "RE: Holy smokes!"
In response to Reply #1

>Quite a run! Have enjoyed Undaraxyl over many characters.
>Acra, Serris, Odoe and more.
>
>Nice going!

All standout shifters! We had some fun times!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135214 Previous topic | Next topic