Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rassel the Hand of the Unseen" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134826
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Aug-18 04:08 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134826, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rassel the Hand of the Unseen"

Mon Aug 13 04:07:10 2018

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Rassel perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:241

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ErgushTue 14-Aug-18 06:01 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134831, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Rassel the Hand of the Unseen"
In response to Reply #0

I would say that I enjoyed the conversations I had with Rassel. Thanks for that, and come on back to the tree!

GLWYN

Ischer (Anonymous)Mon 13-Aug-18 12:52 PM
Charter member
#134829, "Damn It Man"
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed you and your roleplay.

You were so handicapped by the build though so I do understand you deleting.

GLWYN

QuixoticMon 13-Aug-18 09:47 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134830, "I really liked Ischer, Japhire, and Trunkarra."
In response to Reply #1

Pure beasts, and it is really hard to have a meaningful presence in a pk mud if you can't kick some butt.

Ischer, I liked my role, too.

I was also pleasantly surprised at my ability to get weapons off of mobs. Gentlewalk + bindhands or sleeping disarm made gearing much easier than I expected.

I loved the few times I was able to truss someone up and call beasts on them. That was everything I had hoped.

There were several things that just did not work out as planned, though.

First, the points on the QHCF thief generator are off, so my build plan was screwed up.

Second, getting Devious Versatility is stupidly hard now that role and imm exp are two separate requirements rather than one combined requirement. This prevented me from addressing the build issues.

Third, I had thought binding would work better when I had mastered binding through drag, but that was just not the case. When everything hangs on your ability to knock your foes out, you are fubarred when you cannot do so. Add to that the need to land bind hands AND bind legs for your skillset to shine, and pk frustration will appear. I also do not like ganking, so playing something so squishy as a thief is difficult for me.

Great cabal, and thieves are viable in it, much to my surprise, but my build turned out to be sub-optimal.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134826 Previous topic | Next topic