Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meerindi the Warden of the Winds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134329
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Jun-18 09:32 PM
Member since 05th Oct 2024
17216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134329, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meerindi the Warden of the Winds"

Tue Jun 12 21:30:06 2018

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Meerindi perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:124

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Drissa (Anonymous)Tue 12-Jun-18 10:04 PM
Charter member
#134330, "Wtf"
In response to Reply #0

Not what I expected to see on the forum tonight. Why, not enough enemies? Fort ranger woes? Really bummed to see this, I liked Meerindi a lot.

Meerindi (Anonymous)Wed 13-Jun-18 12:05 PM
Charter member
#134335, "RE: Wtf"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 13-Jun-18 12:13 PM

I am glad you liked the persona, I enjoyed the character, but am wholey disappointed in the Beast Master and Mountaineer. Which started to affect the persona and roleplay. So it was time to move on. This was also my first character in over a year, so expected pains. I'll be back, and maybe it will be another experiment, or something I have experience with a functional.

Delete Reasons:
1) Boreal wind ONLY works in mountains.
2) Cloud of Wasps hits, slows, and paralyzes the Ranger too when you are fighting the person you cast it on.
3) Bearcharge, kick, knee elbow are the only options for attacking with claws (h2h) entangle is the one spell.
4) Bearchage was extremely unreliable for damage let alone how bad it could lag you. It never lagged when I wanted it to. Which left me with lash.
5) Wolves failed to call except once. It also doesn't follow the ranger should the person teleport, recall, gate etc. So it is very situational.
6) Called Bear can't swim so you need to give them a raft.
7) Serpent kinship rarely works in most terrains, it has 2 rounds of lag with a few different types of possible affect. The vast majority of the time it just did light to moderate damage.
8) extremely susceptible to entwine as in you will die and quick... better have a return talisman.

Loved how well it tanked NPCs with a staff in the wilderness. In the end, there are too many things I didn't like about the class to continue. It just seemed a waste of time and I already put 125 hours into it. Maran powers would have given me crushing hands but that would have jacked up my beastmaster predatory stance, or force a 1h weapon which would have been inferior in my opinion. I feel a warrior is far and wide the better choice.

I felt many people were cautious of me, and my aggressiveness, but they could all run away... or simply jump to a civilized room and crush me... it was that drastic of a change.

I really loved the leadership in Fortress. Drissa, Aehwic, Cardinal who starts with an A (sorry). You guys are great characters. Your willingness to help and teach other players is commendable. I completely agree with the don't kill good at all rule. We are the example of utterly good not the standard good.

Fugmada, thanks for keeping at it and taking losses on the chin and pressing forward. Have fun chief!

There are some obvious fresh faces out there and I welcome you with open arms, thanks for playing this fun game. I recommend you constantly ask questions in and out of game. Almost everyone will share information in one way or another.

Edit P1: Add about affecting RP.

-flsoWed 13-Jun-18 05:07 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134337, "Beastmaster was and still is absolute garbage at hero"
In response to Reply #2

You should have known better!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134329 Previous topic | Next topic