Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Bollus the Grand Mistress of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134233
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 03-Jun-18 06:20 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134233, "(AUTO) [None] Bollus the Grand Mistress of Changelings"

Sun Jun 3 06:19:14 2018

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Bollus perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:60

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What forms? Drop some feedback! (N/T), Wasted, 07-Jun-18 07:06 PM, #3
Reply Forms, Saagkri, 07-Jun-18 07:28 PM, #5
     Reply It's like you only get mantis when you're already an ai..., Relio, 08-Jun-18 08:28 AM, #6
     Reply Good feedback. Thanks! N/T, Wasted, 08-Jun-18 12:29 PM, #7
Reply Mine. Didn't like forms. n/t, Saagkri, 07-Jun-18 06:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Mine. Didn't like forms. n/t, incognito, 07-Jun-18 06:28 PM, #2
          Reply I don't think I ever attacked Chamst..., Saagkri, 07-Jun-18 07:10 PM, #4

WastedThu 07-Jun-18 07:05 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134275, "What forms? Drop some feedback! (N/T)"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 07-Jun-18 07:06 PM

N/T

SaagkriThu 07-Jun-18 07:26 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#134277, "Forms"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 07-Jun-18 07:28 PM

Bollus (Gnome defense/air)

Level 15: Araile lizard
Level 21: Brown bear
Level 23: Firefly
Level 30: Bobcat
Level 33: Shikra
Level 42: Mongoose
Level 47: Vulture

Bobcat and shikra are both great forms. In this case, somewhat redundant since they are both super dodgy. Would have prefered a polar bear (dam redux) with the Shikra or a burrowing owl/boulder hawk with the bobcat.

Vulture is not a bad air form IMHO. I'd prefer an eagle and maybe a falcon, but I can live with a vulture (Kycue had one).

Mongoose was the problem for me. Maybe a fine form in certain situations, but as someone who typically travels alone, it doesn't work. There are too many mobs I need to be able to kill (that cast area spells) that it would take the mongoose hours to kill if it could at all. And forget about PKing a rager. I'd still have to A/B/S for the fight as a mongoose since an errant blow while wounded could kill me if I didn't. Super dodgy/low dam forms are great when ranking, not so much at hero. I would have kept/played out a porcupine or pachyderm.

I also recently deleted an Air/Utility shifter because I got a mantis instead of a spider/raccoon/monkey or cat. The mantis as an air major is such a waste of a 2nd tier form when there are very useful 2nd tier utility forms.

I'll add, I love gnomes. But, I don't like the time it takes to rank them (when you might scrap the char at hero) and they are tougher to rank solo at low levels because of blunt vuln. 6 pracs a level and skill learn bonus makes them really hard not to play.

RelioFri 08-Jun-18 08:28 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
#134286, "It's like you only get mantis when you're already an ai..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

WastedFri 08-Jun-18 12:29 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
#134293, "Good feedback. Thanks! N/T"
In response to Reply #5

N/T

SaagkriThu 07-Jun-18 06:15 PM
801 posts
#134271, "Mine. Didn't like forms. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

incognitoThu 07-Jun-18 06:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134274, "RE: Mine. Didn't like forms. n/t"
In response to Reply #1

Were you the shifter that tried to pk Chamst when I was hunting the drow ranger? On the great reef, after I healed you north of seantryn?

Or were you the shifter on the battlefield who left in peace in the same situation?

If you were the one that tried to kill me, your location was given away by the fact that you were carrying a fresh ranger-made steak from the coral head that you didn't have earlier.

SaagkriThu 07-Jun-18 07:10 PM
801 posts
#134276, "I don't think I ever attacked Chamst..."
In response to Reply #2

Especially if you had just healed me. I vaguely recall a fight in the Battlefield that I did not engage in, but I don't know if it's the time you're talking about.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134233 Previous topic | Next topic