Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of the Ba..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134186
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 28-May-18 10:32 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134186, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of the Battlefield, Commander of Battle"

Mon May 28 22:28:15 2018

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Grord perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:427

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bleh!, Ysaloerye, 04-Jun-18 09:44 AM, #8
Reply Self mutilation on the forums sucked, Drissa (Anonymous), 02-Jun-18 01:01 PM, #5
Reply Was waiting for a farewell before replying., Zah (Anonymous), 02-Jun-18 01:49 AM, #4
Reply A word of advice, Kstatida, 04-Jun-18 03:50 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of th..., Trunkarra (Anonymous), 31-May-18 01:34 PM, #3
Reply This., Daphedee, 02-Jun-18 04:54 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of th..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 29-May-18 09:26 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of th..., Dhuzir (Anonymous), 29-May-18 08:03 AM, #1

YsaloeryeMon 04-Jun-18 09:44 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134243, "Bleh!"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry we never connected. I did warn you my hours of interaction have been limited and probably won't improve for another month or two.
Wish I had a chance to watch and interact, I did connect with Jor and others on the politics and what not.
Wish you had stuck it out some more, but when it's not fun anymore it's not fun. 427 is a respectable time for a berserker, since it involved a lot of dying, but leader con makes it better.

I'd agree with some of the others on the thread, try to keep your frustrations off the forums in the future.

Drissa (Anonymous)Sat 02-Jun-18 01:01 PM
Charter member
#134223, "Self mutilation on the forums sucked"
In response to Reply #0

I couldn't tell in game if you were a fantastic role-player of a dimwit fire giant or just a whiner. I get a kick out of people who blame every death on bad luck either way. Come back with a non villager, perspective is good.

Anyway, other than that you were fine, even good from what I saw. Sneaky to escape a few times I thought you might be dead to rights. Entwine/call blood/flurry while in the village is deadly as always, made me glad to have the hand spec for stun. And, that time on the road you whacked me and the squire was hilarious.

Zah (Anonymous)Sat 02-Jun-18 01:43 AM
Charter member
#134209, "Was waiting for a farewell before replying."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 02-Jun-18 01:49 AM

But it doesn't look like one is coming? Seems odd for such a long lived leader character.

As I player I enjoyed having Grord around. You were very deadly, weren't afraid to die and a great presence in the Village. Zah however didn't like Grord much, for obvious reasons, but the passive aggressive relationship we shared made for some fun interactions.

One thing I would comment on, you clearly know a lot about the Battle cabal and I have no doubt you have plenty of experience there from prior characters. This is great, but you need to be conscious of who your character is. One of the main reasons why we got off on bad footing (Galgeron mentioned this too) was you came in with this know it all attitude. Which is fine when you're older and Commander, but in this case you you were a level 20 something recruit telling a battle hardened, centuries old Commander of Battle how to do his job.

It also felt like you knew at hero you would smash me (and you did) and therefore took that stance in our interactions. The reality is for most your time in the Village Zah would have squashed you if not for IMM protection. You didn't act this way (at least that's how I perceived it) and this behaviour annoyed Zah greatly.

Anyway, the above is all meant to be constructive, please don't take it personally.

GLWYN

KstatidaMon 04-Jun-18 03:50 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134240, "A word of advice"
In response to Reply #4

You're the mightiest warrior on earth. Who cares about imm protection? Boot the dumbass and deal with concequences

Trunkarra (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-18 01:34 PM
Charter member
#134199, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of th..."
In response to Reply #0

From the little I interacted with Grord, I really have no critique for the character itself and I really liked him. You seemed to mix it up a lot and looked to be having a good time and I was glad that I got to go on that little explore trip with you before you deleted.

My only advice to you, as a player, would be to not be as vocal on the forums with an active leader char, especially when agitated. Your frustrations with bat/summonables is definitely understandable (I was on the wrong side of it plenty myself), but being so involved in OOC discussions and letting emotions come through and bleed onto your otherwise really cool character can tend to cheapen it a bit.

Despite the above, I thought Grord was great and I'm pretty sure the only hate anyone can muster for him is from the OOC spill-over mentioned above, which is a damn shame. Good luck with your next!

DaphedeeSat 02-Jun-18 04:54 PM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134229, "This."
In response to Reply #3

I was a big fan of Grord earlier on, but the gameplay posting really made the line between IC persona and OOC discontent blurry.

My advice next time is to better try to roll with the punches and take adversity as it comes, instead of voicing your disgruntlement so loudly (and repetitively) with an active character on the forums.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Tue 29-May-18 09:26 AM
Charter member
#134192, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of th..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry for the confusion early on when I rated your initial role entry. When I sent you that tell, I was trying to directly reference the section where you talked about erupting like a volcano. I would quote the section I'm talking about, but I don't have access to your role any more now that you've deleted. It was definitely not intended to be a criticism or to reference any past characters.

Dhuzir (Anonymous)Tue 29-May-18 08:03 AM
Charter member
#134189, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grord LavaSurge the Legend of th..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, nice hours and a nice character. Man did you beat me almost each time we met. If you'd have chose a bit different tactics, I think I would've died more often, don't remember if you ever killed me. I'd love to hear some feedback of our fights, especially the last time we met at the Palace when Drissa rushed in, were you just shrugging off my maledicts or were they actually doing something to you?

And if you felt any frustration with Erhiadkeb, you should've seen how it went for me. I probably died 10 times to him, most of the times I didn't hit him more than once or twice and got one command through.

GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #134186 Previous topic | Next topic