Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kosten the Champion of the Virtues" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133945
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-May-18 03:24 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133945, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kosten the Champion of the Virtues"

Tue May 1 15:20:02 2018

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Kosten perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:94

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Thaedan (Anonymous)Wed 02-May-18 10:06 AM
Charter member
#133951, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kosten the Champion of the Vir..."
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed your role.

JavaWed 02-May-18 01:30 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#133952, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #1

Honestly, I was kind of surprised. It wasn't my favorite role that I've written by a longshot, so I was surprised to see it get love twice on role contests (your honorable mention, plus a win on the next one). I guess we all have different tastes though.

I really wish I could have stuck it out, but the build combined with the consistent lack of PK enemies just made for a long series of very boring sessions.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Thu 03-May-18 08:14 AM
Charter member
#133958, "RE: Thanks!"
In response to Reply #2

Been a while since I've read it, but here's what I remember liking:

1. It was long enough, but not too long. You didn't go on and on with unnecessary detail, but still managed to convey all the things one normally wants to convey with a back story.

2. It was well written, in terms of grammar, sentence structure, etc. A role doesn't have to be that way in order to be "good", but it never hurts.

3. The way you explained your character's sphere, class, etc. weren't heavy handed. Many people check those boxes, but do so in a way that makes it obvious they're just checking boxes. You explained same things, but in a way that was a little more understated.

4. Your back story was extremely credible. Many roles provide explanations for character traits, but sometimes they strain credulity. Yours was very believable.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133945 Previous topic | Next topic