Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nikria Indagator the Lady of the F..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133926
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 30-Apr-18 05:24 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133926, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nikria Indagator the Lady of the Falling Leaves"

Mon Apr 30 17:21:36 2018

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Nikria perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:106

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nikria (Anonymous)Mon 30-Apr-18 08:52 PM
Charter member
#133929, "Some comments"
In response to Reply #0

Deleted due to too many Fort at the moment. That was the primary reason. There's simply no one to fight, short of entwining and flurrying berserkers, which is not the best of ideas for the build.

Another reason was a bit of frustration at the success rate of lash. I guess I'm spoiled by warriors and orcs where lash succeeds 90% of the time. With this ranger, it was (or felt like) 30-40%, which is far too low.

The reason I needed reliable lash at all was due to a lack of any other good active skills. Mosquitoes pretty much never landed in the hero ranges, so I stopped bothering with trying. Serpent strike at hero for the win? Yeah, not going to work.

The build idea (swamp explorer) was crushing hand talismans together with pursuit and snare.

Unfortunately, to actually lightforge what you want takes about three full mana cycles (exhaust all 500sh mana, camp to full, repeat twice). And then it crumbles before you get a chance to use it. Not sure what the crumble timer is, but it's far too small. In addition, all talismans are named the same, but the only two useful spells out of like ten are wrath and crushing hand. And of course, crushing hand is by far the rarest to forge. On top of that, it forges at level-10, so good luck lagging a hero with a 40-level spell.

Pursuit fired some, but I'd estimate the success at about 10-20% and it never fired against some builds in multiple fights. I suppose if I took the time and wasted an hour or two of someone's time to get it to 100%, then it'd be up to like 30%, but very disappointed overall.

So even with the dream piece of eq (lashing belt) I was hopeless even when I got to fight and lately couldn't get a fight outside of five berserkers (raiding fort against a ranger and a shaman).

The peeps were good, don't think I met a single griefer or some OOC angry tirade. Maybe I was lucky, maybe the playerbase matured, maybe the griefers took a break.

P.S. This is not really a whine, I had very good PK record I think, especially for the build relying on lash for kills. Most of kills were pre-belt and pre-maran.

Drissa (Anonymous)Fri 04-May-18 03:18 PM
Charter member
#133986, "RE: Some comments"
In response to Reply #2

I very much enjoyed you, good luck with whatever's next. Having tried ranger/fort a few times myself I will never go back so props for sticking it out a while.

Borlan (Anonymous)Mon 30-Apr-18 06:12 PM
Charter member
#133928, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Nikria Indagator the Lady of t..."
In response to Reply #0

You too huh? You seemed to be doing pretty well with a tough combo, GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133926 Previous topic | Next topic