Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miyama ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133818
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 24-Apr-18 07:24 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133818, "(CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Eye of the Scarab"

Tue Apr 24 19:23:02 2018

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Enhal perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:269

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Oh you bastard!, Ehlonyra (Anonymous), 28-Apr-18 05:25 PM, #28
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..., Drissa (Anonymous), 27-Apr-18 04:55 PM, #26
Reply evaded throw lag, Twist, 27-Apr-18 08:57 PM, #27
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..., Zhelrix (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 12:51 PM, #19
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..., Twist, 26-Apr-18 11:20 AM, #23
Reply I felt really bad..., Raonis (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 08:47 AM, #15
Reply Also..., Raonis (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 08:49 AM, #16
Reply RE: I felt really bad..., Twist, 26-Apr-18 11:21 AM, #24
Reply What's your opinion on alleged lag consistency issue? N..., Kstatida, 25-Apr-18 03:44 AM, #13
Reply RE: What's your opinion on alleged lag consistency issu..., Twist, 25-Apr-18 09:05 AM, #18
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..., Durnot (Anonymous), 24-Apr-18 07:56 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..., Twist, 24-Apr-18 08:43 PM, #6
Reply First assassinate assassin, Twist, 24-Apr-18 07:48 PM, #1
     Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, Grord (Anonymous), 24-Apr-18 08:05 PM, #3
     Reply That last death to you..., Twist, 24-Apr-18 08:42 PM, #5
     Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, Thaedan (Anonymous), 24-Apr-18 08:21 PM, #4
     Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, Twist, 24-Apr-18 08:45 PM, #7
          Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, Thaedan (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 01:10 AM, #11
               Reply No leader con. (nt), Twist, 25-Apr-18 09:04 AM, #17
               Reply A good example of why I con-died is in a log I just pos..., Twist, 26-Apr-18 11:13 AM, #21
     Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, TJHuron, 24-Apr-18 09:32 PM, #8
     Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, Twist, 24-Apr-18 09:50 PM, #9
     Reply Scary assassin, Zah (Anonymous), 24-Apr-18 10:57 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Scary assassin, Twist, 26-Apr-18 11:22 AM, #25
     Reply RE: First assassinate assassin, Zerin (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 03:22 AM, #12
     Reply Very skilled and deadly foe, Jharo, the squire (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 04:20 AM, #14
     Reply I'm usually an "easy in" leader, Gemmurra (Anonymous), 25-Apr-18 04:55 PM, #20
          Reply RE: I'm usually an , Twist, 26-Apr-18 11:18 AM, #22

Ehlonyra (Anonymous)Sat 28-Apr-18 05:25 PM
Charter member
#133906, "Oh you bastard!"
In response to Reply #0

Well of course I didn't like you, because you got me twice, once with the help of a certain dark-elf AP but still. I saw one of your assassinations up close and personal, slept you too, but it's an oddly ironic staple of bard life that short of fiending or the like sleeping a hidden foe is only useful for escape! Which isn't as easy given my rank at the time and where we were.

That being said I was happy to level out of your reach, though I saw and heard more than a few snippets of you in action again. Along with a specific thief and maybe one other hidden type, Enhal gave me reason to query those who could potentially see him to have some sense of whether I needed to watch myself out there.

Well played. A scarab assassin probably isn't supposed to be friendly, unless it suits some agenda they've in mind of course. Good luck with the next!

Drissa (Anonymous)Fri 27-Apr-18 04:55 PM
Charter member
#133890, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..."
In response to Reply #0

It's sad to be away from the game for a little while and see good enemies drop dead. And yes, when I make it back the rivers will be a little less of a second home with you gone.

We had some good brawls, I would love to see your log of the one time I got you as I was/am 99% sure I was lagged by an evaded throw (I logged it and can post once I make it home too).

TwistFri 27-Apr-18 08:57 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133894, "evaded throw lag"
In response to Reply #26

I did see the log you sent Umiron and I discussed with him and confirmed it seemed odd. I had a fight with one other guy a week or so later that seemed like maybe the same thing, but it's hard to tell on my end if someone is lagged out or panicked and typing the wrong thing. Still showed it to Umiron.

Nothing we can find seems to support it though.

Zhelrix (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 12:51 PM
Charter member
#133844, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..."
In response to Reply #0

Man... you were a scary dude!

Whenever you'd tell me you were stalking someone, I'd know that's one less person in my PK for me to worry about because they were just a dead man walkin'.

Good times PKing, although not as much as I would have hoped. We both seemed to work best as lone-wolf types, but the few times where group vs group battles would go down, it always ended in our favor. Very skillful and I thoroughly enjoyed all our interactions, ranking and otherwise. Thanks a bunch for also showing me a few things in game that I had long forgotten about.

Good luck with your next, sir! Keep the goodness comin'.

TwistThu 26-Apr-18 11:20 AM
3431 posts
#133864, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..."
In response to Reply #19

>Man... you were a scary dude!
>
>Whenever you'd tell me you were stalking someone, I'd know
>that's one less person in my PK for me to worry about because
>they were just a dead man walkin'.

I think I got less than 10 assassinates within the hero range. However I periodically got the kill even on a miss, because people assumed that I'd be running away so they'd try to lag me while I broke wrists and shoulders and stuff.

>Good times PKing, although not as much as I would have hoped.
>We both seemed to work best as lone-wolf types, but the few
>times where group vs group battles would go down, it always
>ended in our favor. Very skillful and I thoroughly enjoyed all
>our interactions, ranking and otherwise. Thanks a bunch for
>also showing me a few things in game that I had long forgotten
>about.
>
>Good luck with your next, sir! Keep the goodness comin'.

Yeah when we had group-on-group fights it was handy having full shields and being near quicksand/vortex etc.

Raonis (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 08:47 AM
Charter member
#133838, "I felt really bad..."
In response to Reply #0

You may not remember it, but we fought on eastern road soon after I came into your range after joining the village. You tripped me before I could backstab and I spent the whole fight fleeing and trying to run away. Did not use a single skill. Somehow I managed to pull out the victory. That was the most embarrassing kill I have ever gotten. So, sorry about that.

The third time we fought, you came with a merc that cheap shot me and you were well prepared. Stomped me good. Then you said something like "I told you I would not underestimate you again." Nicely done.

Did not see you much after that, but thanks for the memories, was lots of fun and you were a scary assassin.

Raonis (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 08:49 AM
Charter member
#133839, "Also..."
In response to Reply #15

The second time I killed you, I took some good daggers and a sword I think. When you killed me, you only took what I had taken, so thanks for that.

TwistThu 26-Apr-18 11:21 AM
3431 posts
#133865, "RE: I felt really bad..."
In response to Reply #15

>You may not remember it, but we fought on eastern road soon
>after I came into your range after joining the village. You
>tripped me before I could backstab and I spent the whole fight
>fleeing and trying to run away. Did not use a single skill.
>Somehow I managed to pull out the victory. That was the most
>embarrassing kill I have ever gotten. So, sorry about that.

It was an embarrassing death, too.

>The third time we fought, you came with a merc that cheap shot
>me and you were well prepared. Stomped me good. Then you said
>something like "I told you I would not underestimate you
>again." Nicely done.
>
>Did not see you much after that, but thanks for the memories,
>was lots of fun and you were a scary assassin.

Generally thieves did not fare well against me, which is why I got way too cocky fighting you on Eastern.

KstatidaWed 25-Apr-18 03:44 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133831, "What's your opinion on alleged lag consistency issue? N..."
In response to Reply #0

NT

TwistWed 25-Apr-18 09:05 AM
3431 posts
#133842, "RE: What's your opinion on alleged lag consistency issu..."
In response to Reply #13

I didn't see it with Enhal, though I did see some weird things re: wait_state stuff that I discussed with Umiron.

Durnot (Anonymous)Tue 24-Apr-18 07:56 PM
Charter member
#133820, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our fights and interactions as I have with all your other characters.

Well done.

GLWYN

TwistTue 24-Apr-18 08:43 PM
3431 posts
#133824, "RE: (CON LOSS) [SCARAB] Enhal the Dai Sensei of the Miy..."
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed all of our interactions too, as I seem to with your chars. Durnot is a really good villager, IMO. Keep up the good work.

TwistTue 24-Apr-18 07:48 PM
3431 posts
#133819, "First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #0

Ok Fort, you can stay off the river for a while now.

Lot of fun with this one. First time I played an assassin who really patiently stalked. First time I levelsat for an extended period. Those two really go hand-in-hand - assassinations at hero were really rare because everyone moves around so much/so fast that it is tough to get many stalks. Plus you get a bit of a reputation at hero levels, so people are way more cautious.

Also first Scarab. Learned a good amount about it. Still have a lot to learn.

Goodbyes:
Enemies: Most all of you were very classy and enjoyable to fight. As a Scarab I had a 'target rich environment' so I won't be able to list everyone.

Gemmurra: Thanks for the induct.
Undaraxyl: Fun times when we were on together, which was rare but cool nonetheless.
Zhelrix: We made a good team, thanks for the shields all the time and helping me get those last couple levels to hero.
Scarabaeus: Thanks for the talk and for sorta making me the Eye.

I don't have a lot of time for a big long post, so I'm going to wrap it up there.

I'll be posting logs whenever I have the time/inclination.

Grord (Anonymous)Tue 24-Apr-18 08:05 PM
Charter member
#133821, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #1

I'm glad I got to have that one on one with you, seems you only had a couple deaths left. Even with all the strengths I had, fighting the tranced scarab eye was close. Easily could have gone the other way.

You were classy with the loot, as I tried to be when you fell.

See you next time. Try a rager this time!

TwistTue 24-Apr-18 08:42 PM
3431 posts
#133823, "That last death to you..."
In response to Reply #3

I knew I had 2 deaths left, and you stood by and watched while I fought Ziv, despite it being in the ruins and you could have used the "Raid situation" reasoning. And I escaped despite another rager jumping me.

So after it was down to just you and me, I decided to give you a good shot at me rather than just avoiding you.

I screwed up though - like you said, could have gone either way. Once I broke your wrist I expected you'd start trying to flee, so I started throwing, for damage, as opposed to an axe kick and a few nerves to get the other sword out. Those one-handed flurries still hurt.

The entwine wore off and I could have tried to flee, but I figured parting blow might get me and if you missed/had a bad flurry I might still get you, so I stuck it out.

Last night was one of the most fun I had, with you three all coming at me and the Revenants and I scrambling around trying to defend.

Good times, good rager.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Tue 24-Apr-18 08:21 PM
Charter member
#133822, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #1

How'd you manage to con die?

TwistTue 24-Apr-18 08:45 PM
3431 posts
#133825, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #4

>How'd you manage to con die?

Well, a few things:
1. For a guy who had a role of "nothing in this world matters" I sure did try to retrieve against poor odds a lot.
2. I didn't generally try to assassinate and then run if I missed. Which caused a few deaths.
3. I died while trying to rack up exploration experience quite a few times.
4. I tried to, in general, push right to the limit if I had a chance of landing the kill. Several times this did, in fact, land me a kill while I had 5%. Other times it ended with me dead and the other guy at 5%.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 01:10 AM
Charter member
#133829, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #7

Still surprising to me given the class, your general ability, and leader con. Or did you only get that late in life?

More power to you, though.

TwistWed 25-Apr-18 09:04 AM
3431 posts
#133841, "No leader con. (nt)"
In response to Reply #11

TwistThu 26-Apr-18 11:13 AM
3431 posts
#133862, "A good example of why I con-died is in a log I just pos..."
In response to Reply #11

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=53&topic_id=3505&mesg_id=3507

Trying for the assassinate even though failing could be a certain death was something I was willing to do. The character's RP was that none of this world mattered - he actually knew, somehow, that none of this was "real." He didn't know specifics, it was just a "splinter in his mind."

TJHuronTue 24-Apr-18 09:32 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133826, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #1

How high did you get assasinate up?

How long did you level sit working on it?

TwistTue 24-Apr-18 09:50 PM
3431 posts
#133827, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #8

>How high did you get assasinate up?

88%

>How long did you level sit working on it?

I didn't really do all the tricks one can do to level sit. I moved right to 36 so I could work on the next kick (mountain storm I think) and then stayed there for a while. Most levels from there to about 44 or so was just a product of working on skills/exploring/retrieving etc, though there were a few times when I'd gain one level with some fellow Scarabs who needed a third or some such.

After 44 I'd hang around a while and then level up one or two at a time when it worked to be with Zhelrix or someone like that.

If I was going to truly try to get assassinate perfected, I'd probably sit at 35 forever, eating a mobdeath when necessary to stay there. It's just so much easier to find people who are relatively stationary that way, whether they are working on skills, farming gold, leveling...hero levels the movement gets so much more hectic.

Zah (Anonymous)Tue 24-Apr-18 10:57 PM
Charter member
#133828, "Scary assassin"
In response to Reply #1

I first learned of you from Twitter where you constantly seemed to be racking up kills.

Once you reached hero I don't think we fought too much, but I was certainly joining Fort for picnics on the river.

You did get me once with assassinate (I'm pretty sure it was you). I remember being genuinely surprised as I had just finished one of my above mentioned picnics, did you work out a way to stalk there or did i not wait long enough?

GLWYN

TwistThu 26-Apr-18 11:22 AM
3431 posts
#133866, "RE: Scary assassin"
In response to Reply #10

>I first learned of you from Twitter where you constantly
>seemed to be racking up kills.
>
>Once you reached hero I don't think we fought too much, but I
>was certainly joining Fort for picnics on the river.
>
>You did get me once with assassinate (I'm pretty sure it was
>you). I remember being genuinely surprised as I had just
>finished one of my above mentioned picnics, did you work out a
>way to stalk there or did i not wait long enough?
>
>GLWYN

You killed me once in the Temple, and I assassinated you, and that's all I remember.

As for the assassinate, I don't recall the specifics but when I get to that log, I'll post the whole stalking sequence so you can see how it happened.

Zerin (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 03:22 AM
Charter member
#133830, "RE: First assassinate assassin"
In response to Reply #1

I was surprised to see you con die as you wasn't seem to be dying much.

Jharo, the squire (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 04:20 AM
Charter member
#133835, "Very skilled and deadly foe"
In response to Reply #1

We had a good dance when you keep trying to retrieve. I did a few mistakes, forgot about
assassin's mark and kept trying to dirt kick you, but you switched in me every time and throwed
like sack full of potatoes. I was surprised that acrobatics is not working against Nage Waza
and did not see any edge to compensate it. Acrobatics blocked two throws from ten attempts,
that's kinda suck and makes me frustrating. If you had "ground fighter" that time, things
would had been much worse for me. Skilled assassin is very dangerous for thives. GLWYN.

Gemmurra (Anonymous)Wed 25-Apr-18 04:55 PM
Charter member
#133846, "I'm usually an "easy in" leader"
In response to Reply #1

We all come to have fun here. You have to be heavily obtuse or say/do something really wrong to not get an induct from me.

Seems you were suicidal at times, as evidenced by being a ghost a few times I saw, but I had no idea you were going to condie soon after being made a pseudo-leader.

GLWYN and I had zero idea you were Twist, seemed much more newbish to me.

TwistThu 26-Apr-18 11:18 AM
3431 posts
#133863, "RE: I'm usually an "
In response to Reply #20

>We all come to have fun here. You have to be heavily obtuse
>or say/do something really wrong to not get an induct from me.
>

Yeah but actually being online at the same time as you was the real challenge.

>Seems you were suicidal at times, as evidenced by being a
>ghost a few times I saw, but I had no idea you were going to
>condie soon after being made a pseudo-leader.

Not suicidal, but not really afraid to die, either.

>GLWYN and I had zero idea you were Twist, seemed much more
>newbish to me.

Heh thanks. I kinda was/am a newb when it comes to Scarab. Combine that with a willingness to end with a pkloss if it meant the chance to get the pkwin, and I'm sure it can look newbtastic.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133818 Previous topic | Next topic