Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Valtiare the Unholy Bishop" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133585
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 17-Mar-18 02:48 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133585, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCARAB] Valtiare the Unholy Bishop"

Sat Mar 17 14:46:57 2018

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Valtiare perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:200

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sad, but not surprised, Rahsael, 18-Mar-18 01:04 AM, #4
Reply Thanks, Valtiare (Anonymous), 18-Mar-18 01:13 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Thanks, Thaedan (Anonymous), 18-Mar-18 02:22 PM, #6
Reply Superb!, Zidiri (Anonymous), 17-Mar-18 10:01 PM, #3
Reply Aw thought we were going to bashy bashy smashy , Mozug (Anonymous), 17-Mar-18 08:52 PM, #2
Reply Steel balls, bud., Zerin (Anonymous), 17-Mar-18 03:06 PM, #1

RahsaelSun 18-Mar-18 01:04 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133590, "Sad, but not surprised"
In response to Reply #0

I was rooting so hard for you.

You mixed it up a ton, pulled off some cool wins, and are just great for the game. Unfortunately, the A-P class tends to reward the cautious and you had a lot of really tough days.

I think you were close to getting the religion but you seemed to get stuck on a few assumptions, and I could tell you started to lose a bit of interest in it even as you got close to really grasping it. You were so close!

Hope to see you back soon. You kept things lively and it was a pleasure watching you stir the pot.

Valtiare (Anonymous)Sun 18-Mar-18 01:13 PM
Charter member
#133593, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #4

This was my first serious attempt at an A-P, which has always been on my CF bucket list. I hadn't rolled a character for quite a while leading up to this one. I knew drow would be tough but figured I'd roll with it, shoot for the long-term upside in case things actually panned out.

In the end I was just too frail, too impatient/lazy to be as paranoid and conservative as seems be necessary to keep and build a truly powerful weapon. Plus I think the playerbase had too recently experienced Bakrmarr, felt like I was living in that shadow where a fairly large subset of the player base was dead set on ensuring that I didn't get grow a powerful weapon. I can understand why folks don't want another A-P steamrolling everyone, but some of those cheap deaths where people obsessively grabbed my weapon with 5-10 charges and ran off were pretty lame. I tend to want everyone to have fun and don't do that sort of thing to others unless it's really warranted (i.e., an overly powerful weapon or a jerk). But yeah, it's a slippery slope. I get it. Apparently that's just life as an A-P, hence why people tend to play them as they do...and delete them so often.

I set a personal goal to get ice control. I got fire, was getting fairly close to ice but just lost my motivation after losing my last decent weapon (thanks Matusquella). I grew really bored with gathering gold and preps, grumpy dying to the same few people that just seemed to want repeatedly cheap kills. Was time to be done. Plus I'm just ready to be outside enjoying spring.

Rahsael-- You were great. Very interesting religion with a lot of depth, was not what I expected going into it. I really enjoyed our interactions, though struggled a bit finding the next phase of how to RP it in a way that stayed in line with my take on Scarab RP (which involved not lying). People didn't seem to want to engage much in the way I was shooting for, in terms of post-death RP, which made it even harder. Anyhow, everything with you was a bonus.

Mozug-- You were awesome and cracked me up, Chief. Keep stomping them.

Orzmus-- Good luck if you're still around! Was going to give you a gift but didn't see you around in ages.

Despite some frustrations, I liked the A-P class more than I thought I would. I learned a lot. Maybe I'll try one again some day.

Thanks for the fun all.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sun 18-Mar-18 02:22 PM
Charter member
#133594, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #5

Just wanted to add: I will sac an AP's weapon every time, if it has charges, because you never know who's going to end up ridiculously strong. And I say that as someone who's a fan of not looting people heavily.

Zidiri (Anonymous)Sat 17-Mar-18 10:01 PM
Charter member
#133589, "Superb!"
In response to Reply #0

I know you were dying a lot but you always kept it cool and kept on going! Well played, sir!

Mozug (Anonymous)Sat 17-Mar-18 08:52 PM
Charter member
#133588, "Aw thought we were going to bashy bashy smashy "
In response to Reply #0

GLWYN

Zerin (Anonymous)Sat 17-Mar-18 03:06 PM
Charter member
#133586, "Steel balls, bud."
In response to Reply #0

Was always wondering what's your motivation as you seem to be dying even more than I do (and this is almost impossible haha).

Also as I understand drow a-p is a nightmare level to play. Good char.

GLWYN!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133585 Previous topic | Next topic