Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Seshaien the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133503
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 04-Mar-18 03:24 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133503, "(AUTO) [None] Seshaien the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Anathema to the Empire"

Sun Mar 4 02:20:08 2018

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Seshaien perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SeriphaxThu 08-Mar-18 07:00 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133530, "With apologies to Rahsael."
In response to Reply #0

Pretty unspectacular character all around. I really struggled to develop my role and in the end what I pushed out was underwhelming to say the least. First time heroing an assassin and I have to say that the class feels really versatile. The mechanical side of the character was enjoyable, as was the confidence that I had a chance against most enemies that I would face. Evil RP was something that I hadn’t done in a long time, so that was a big part of the struggle. Trying to be callous and cold without seeming like just another bitter butthole was also difficult. I tried but I’m sure at least a couple people thought that I was being just some irl butt hurt seeper, even though I had no reason (that they knew of) to be a dink. Oh well. I will return to the dark side at some point, but for now I’m going to do some stuff that comes more naturally so that I don’t end up feeling as though logging is a chore.

Not sure what anathema is about, because I was still inducted as of my last login. Not important but I’m curious about it all the same.

Not many to say goodbye to, most of the people I did get close to ended up deleting or dying well before me, but nonetheless:

Ilvandra- partly grew up together, enjoyed our hunts. You were someone that seemed to have a similarly cold and surgical outlook. Thanks for the gear before your Hari Kari, was some nice loot.

Solraen- You are a great role player, always a pleasure. I wanted to be closer to Sol and try and engineer a coup, but based on some religious differences I had to also be working to perhaps take you down at the same time. If I would have stuck it out the task would have been daunting, because evil or no, everyone loves you. If you keep playing I’ll keep wanting to run into your characters.

Glikhardiz- You are a really good player, that much is obvious. You get a lot of hate, but despite maintaining your ahole emperor role you were also good at trying to make sure everyone was taken care of and having the opportunity to have fun, even when your logins started getting a bit limited. So despite the fact that my character was going to try to ruin you, the player behind him had lots or respect for you. Thanks for everything you did.

Hetherian- Should have stuck with Lich, imo. You had some excellent points for choosing otherwise, but I really wanted to see another Lich, especially one with designs on the Throne. One of the people that Sesh actually had enthusiasm about endearing himself to.

Rahsael- Sorry, I know you were working on some questy stuff for me. Rahsael’s religion was the single greatest motivation that I had left for this character. Outside of that I was really struggling to maintain interest. I wrote a role that felt good, almost awesome. Then about four hours later I re-read it and had to adjust my impression to mediocre. It seemed almost cookie cutter-ish, which is the opposite of what I aim for in a role. Nonetheless I wanted to try out your jam so I kept going. I really liked the interactions with the doll and tried hard to also develop a bit of an antagonistic relationship with this minuscule and insignificant gatekeeper that kept taking light jabs at his character. In that regard I really loved the character, and all of our interactions. Also thanks for going out of your way to meet up with me much later than your usual time. Despite only meeting the couple times I did take a lot away from our talks, and am definitely more interested in your religion than I was before. Not my immediate next character, but the one that follows will be another Rahs follower, but hopefully this time with a different approach, and one that I can put more thought in to. Literally the only thing that I feel bad about in autoing this character is for letting you spend your free time on plans for someone I didn’t really want to play anymore. Thanks again, you put a lot into this game I can tell. It is really enjoyable for those of us on the receiving end.

Matrik-Thu 08-Mar-18 09:15 AM
Member since 21st Feb 2018
73 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133532, "Anathema"
In response to Reply #1

Pretty sure it's been mentioned in the past that if you are inactive long enough, you get demoted. Lowest rank becomes anathema?

Something like that. At the least, you probably weren't specifically kicked out by a player.

JormyrThu 08-Mar-18 10:19 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#133533, "Correct. Empire auto-demotes/anaths w/ enough time."
In response to Reply #2

It's why you more or less never see an AUTO Empire.

SeriphaxFri 09-Mar-18 01:00 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
#133535, "Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

RahsaelThu 08-Mar-18 01:01 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#133534, "No apology necessary"
In response to Reply #1

It's been a while since I read it, but I remember enjoying your role, for what it's worth.

I have a lot of fun interacting with players, and you were a standout during our initial conversations, so don't feel bad for "wasting" my time. You didn't.

I was really looking forward to having an Imperial follower, finally. I'm surprised that none have really panned out yet, considering how well the religion could fit with Empire.

Come back with another Rahsael follower someday! If evil isn't for you, remember that all alignments and ethos are welcome - and I've updated my helpfile to make that, and other things about the religion, a little more clear.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133503 Previous topic | Next topic