Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gringe the Vanquisher of Adversaries" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133417
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 21-Feb-18 05:48 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133417, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gringe the Vanquisher of Adversaries"

Wed Feb 21 16:45:18 2018

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Gringe perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:246

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You're a mean one, Mister Gringe, Quixotic, 23-Feb-18 06:52 PM, #3
Reply I don't play warriors..., Saagkri, 23-Feb-18 07:39 PM, #4
Reply Sorry our times didn't align more, Galgeron (Anonymous), 26-Feb-18 02:31 PM, #9
Reply I liked mr. Gringe. Sad to see you go., Zerin (Anonymous), 24-Feb-18 05:55 AM, #5
Reply r/mildlyinfuriating, k-b, 24-Feb-18 01:16 PM, #6
Reply Ha!, Valtiare (Anonymous), 25-Feb-18 10:59 PM, #8
Reply Sorry I wasn't there to rank you up..., Kyllothan (Anonymous), 26-Feb-18 04:28 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gringe the Vanquisher of Adversa..., Ishuli, 23-Feb-18 09:10 AM, #2
Reply What I see when a minotaur speaks. , Blkdrgn, 24-Feb-18 02:47 PM, #7
Reply Not completely surprised, Zah (Anonymous), 22-Feb-18 05:47 PM, #1

QuixoticFri 23-Feb-18 06:52 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133461, "You're a mean one, Mister Gringe"
In response to Reply #0

The ugly--
I hate minotaur speech and its impact on most verbal quests and vocalized passwords like for Hillcrest, Thar Acacia, and Organia. Forcing minotaurs to recall to Seantryn Modan is a punishment if they are to play at all aggressively. No one looted me to the pies, but playing an evil minotaur as a Battle scout is rough on a mediocre player like me. I really like scout skills in principle, but they are also niche compared to rager or defender. So many shamans relative to Battle players. Ick.

The bad--
I hate that 3/4s of today's playerbase has the ability to hide, and that the first two edges assassins take any more are nage waze and enhanced ground control. I miss having active, visible Battle imms on the cabal channel who are interacting with their players by threatening their short hairs and praising their successes. There were a few characters who I was tempted to put on ignore, but they are few and their personas are consistent across characters, so we can just dismiss them for what they are. Hero level Battle? Log in more, for although we do not fight en masse like the Imperial Council, we won't have a cabal if your logins are limited. That is why I never ranked up, as there was no consistent hero presence. I was preparing to do so with the folks who came up through the ranks during my lifetime, but then the rage deletes started.

The good--
Like always, I enjoy Battle and the people who play it. Swords with a minotaur are decent despite the mediocre 23 strength, being enlarged all the time was really useful, and having Valtiare spam iceball at his guildguard in Arkham only to have he guildguard retaliate with his own iceballs, and me the scout evading all those spells, well, that was the funniest pk I have ever had. Valtiare, you took your knocks, and although I would have enjoyed your character more if someone put a sock in your mouth, I admired how you kept aggressively going after people. Entropic Recruiter, Gilverstein or whatever, I really enjoyed our banter when I was young. Ishuli & Aiya, your storytelling & costume contest was the highlight of this character's life.

Thank you Zah for being the strong support and mentor.

SaagkriFri 23-Feb-18 07:39 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133462, "I don't play warriors..."
In response to Reply #3

But I've played assassins. It escapes me why they should be able to throw warriors and other assassins. Edge or no edge.

Galgeron (Anonymous)Mon 26-Feb-18 02:31 PM
Charter member
#133477, "Sorry our times didn't align more"
In response to Reply #4

I hope you didn't feel like I pushed you into scout. If so I'd like your honest feedback.

I enjoyed having gringe around when our times did overlap. I know the frustrations of Mino speak. They're the worst, by far, on ragers, since you can't just get a pass door potion.

I hope you come back to rager again and make a push up to hero. That or make a mage to come after my elven ass!

Zerin (Anonymous)Sat 24-Feb-18 05:55 AM
Charter member
#133464, "I liked mr. Gringe. Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

k-bSat 24-Feb-18 01:16 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#133465, "r/mildlyinfuriating"
In response to Reply #5

Put n/t in the title! *fistshake*

Valtiare (Anonymous)Sun 25-Feb-18 10:59 PM
Charter member
#133476, "Ha!"
In response to Reply #3

To set the record straight, I was just trying to GTFO that time in Arkham. It was one of those classic CF moments of total suck for me and total hilarity for you. Wish I had it logged.

I wake up in Arkham guild. I literally NEVER sleep in Arkham guild. I have like 70% hp to begin with, for whatever stupid reason in RL at the time I had rushed to quit there. Within literally 10 seconds of log-in I have a villager attacking my guild. Pretty sure you'd been there in Arkham after a conjurer, was just my dreadful luck. So I'm completely out of preps, no return potions, not ready to fight at all and not really got my mind in the game yet, so I just try to make a quick run for the Temple. That goes miserably of course, as you lag me immediately as I step out, while fighting the guild guard, who proceeds to iceball me in the process of getting my ass handed to me by you. And there goes my spear. I never casted any iceballs myself, just tried to run. So yeah, good times.

Sorry if my RP came off as sock-worthy. That was my own religious twist which is a bit of a delicate dance sometimes.

You were real tough. RIP. Your soul lives on. : )

Kyllothan (Anonymous)Mon 26-Feb-18 04:28 PM
Charter member
#133480, "Sorry I wasn't there to rank you up..."
In response to Reply #3

But I have little incentive to hero beyond bonus EP.

That said, I really enjoyed rolling with you, sans Mino speak. You were one tough cookie and always willing to throw down 2v2 or 2v3.

GLWYN!

IshuliFri 23-Feb-18 09:10 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#133452, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gringe the Vanquisher of Adversa..."
In response to Reply #0

I was impressed to see a Minotaur jump into a bit of poetry at the Feast of Beasts, but it was a pleasant surprise!

-Ish

BlkdrgnSat 24-Feb-18 02:47 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
295 posts
#133466, "What I see when a minotaur speaks. "
In response to Reply #2

Attachment #1, (gif file)

Zah (Anonymous)Thu 22-Feb-18 05:47 PM
Charter member
#133443, "Not completely surprised"
In response to Reply #0

I knew you were having a hard time as a Scout and regretted not going Berserker.

However you still seemed to be racking up quite a lot of kills, at least that's how it appeared on Twitter.

I am surprised at the number of hours you pulled, I haven't been able to log on as much as I would've liked lately but that's some serious play time.

I hope it wqsnt all bad and that you roll another Villager soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133417 Previous topic | Next topic