Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Arbrarn Green the Holy of Faith, Imp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133280
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 10-Feb-18 12:52 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133280, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Arbrarn Green the Holy of Faith, Imperial Priest"

Sat Feb 10 11:48:40 2018

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Arbrarn perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:123

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So longs. , Arbrarn (Anonymous), 11-Feb-18 08:08 PM, #3
Reply RE: So longs. , Gilversplitz liked you (Anonymous), 11-Feb-18 11:46 PM, #4
Reply RE: So longs. , Relio, 12-Feb-18 11:19 AM, #7
     Reply RE: So longs. , Gilversplitz likes to RP (Anonymous), 12-Feb-18 12:32 PM, #9
Reply RE: So longs. , Solraen (Anonymous), 12-Feb-18 02:30 AM, #5
Reply You got it all wrong!, Arbrarn (Anonymous), 12-Feb-18 11:10 AM, #6
Reply RE: So longs. , Heth (Anonymous), 12-Feb-18 11:57 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Arbrarn Green the Holy of Faith,..., Ishuli, 10-Feb-18 03:30 PM, #2
Reply Disappointed but not surprised., Daphedee, 10-Feb-18 02:10 PM, #1

Arbrarn (Anonymous)Sun 11-Feb-18 08:08 PM
Charter member
#133290, "So longs. "
In response to Reply #0

This character was a very mixed bag of highs and lows. The great parts were my interactions with various immortals, and various non-empire, non-fort characters. Definitely bagged some slick kills which is always fun. Downsides were mostly an Empire full of really sub par role-players and guys who like to post bullsheeite on forums with their active characters. All in all that made for an unfun group of people to play with. Fort gangs were expected and why I specifically rolled a venom/vengeance shaman. However, as Daphadee keenly pointed out the final prayer in the Vengeance path needs attention and while I'm sure Scarab will get to it eventually I didn't want to wait. I also didn't want to wait to be able to move up to High Priest, and given the way Glik runs things you can't RP/scheme your way into much so... meh.

I'm a CF OG, though I don't play nearly as many characters as I used to. I'm not into punishing myself for the hope of good things to come anymore. I'd rather delete and play console games or roll something else or read a book or take a hike or something, ya know?

A couple, two or three goodbyes.

Ishuli: Mega sad face. I promise you 100% I will be back with another follower. I loved your enthusiasm for all the studies of your followers, your constant encouragement and the balance between a sort of bookwormish librarian orderly person with a giddy, snarky, funny side. All in all, just great. Thank you very much.

Daphadee: I'm so glad I got stuck in the bowels of Thera! If I hadn't, we wouldn't have formed a relationship. Those were great interactions and I liked hearing your stories as well as playing the open-minded elf and the surly, ambitious duergar pals. If I could understand what your religion is about, I'd play a follower of yours too.

Hetherian: I get the feeling if you didn't leave me all alone with Mr. Incredible, I wouldn't be deleting now. "I'm blow."

Lots of other cool characters I ran across too, so please post and I'll respond.

Thanks, all.

Gilversplitz liked you (Anonymous)Sun 11-Feb-18 11:46 PM
Charter member
#133291, "RE: So longs. "
In response to Reply #3

Every time I logged on I was like "WTF! Why isn't this dude High Priest?".

You were a pretty cool dude. I liked our occasional banter and skirmishes. I was hoping to get the drop on you sometime and really give you a run for your money.

Its a damn shame the guys in your Cabal ruined it for you.

GLWYN... Maybe an Entropist?

RelioMon 12-Feb-18 11:19 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133295, "RE: So longs. "
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, that was some fun back and forth. Wish we could have fought more, but the "banter" was fun too. I had some division related zingers waiting.

It's always cool when you get to be the first something, so good luck being the first Entropic Recruiter. You might see me Entropy at some point. Some point when they get doppelgänger, transform, scourge of the violet spider or something useful. Boom!

Gilversplitz likes to RP (Anonymous)Mon 12-Feb-18 12:32 PM
Charter member
#133297, "RE: So longs. "
In response to Reply #7

PVP isn't a huge driving factor for me, so I'm less interested in starting fights I can't realistically finish. I was using up limited resources and getting laid up for 15+ ticks resting off maledicts, and you could word/tele no prob. I should probably code up a targeting system or chase aliases since they're all the rage these days.

There's been some bug issues with our Cabal powers, which has delayed their release.

I've found Garble and Disperse to be situationally useful.

I'm holding out hope for some really good stuff. Maybe a version of Improbability Tunnel that is shifter friendly (like Maran mages get instead of Zeal) since they don't cast offensive spells.

Or maybe not. I'm not really here for the frags.

Solraen (Anonymous)Mon 12-Feb-18 02:30 AM
Charter member
#133292, "RE: So longs. "
In response to Reply #3

Ah, man! I'm sorry I missed this one... We must seriously be on opposite time frames but I was so appreciative you took the effort to send me that missive to try and get the ball rolling. I heard a few whispers about an overthrow for the HP position and I was all for it, Solraen loves a bit of highly strung drama and I'm sure you would have fit the role better than I. Anyhow, good luck with your future endeavours.

Arbrarn (Anonymous)Mon 12-Feb-18 11:10 AM
Charter member
#133294, "You got it all wrong!"
In response to Reply #5

Obviously when I thought you were a complete no-show I was going to slide into the spot. Then Glik and Ishuli both said you were good, so I figured I'd maybe try to talk you into stepping aside somehow. But, I kinda gave up when I realized we were never going to see each other. I played with you a bit right when you first rolled as another character and I would have loved to get the Arpees going between these two, but alas. Good luck out there, buddy.

Heth (Anonymous)Mon 12-Feb-18 11:57 AM
Charter member
#133296, "RE: So longs. "
In response to Reply #3

Yeah I hear you on your complaints. Empire has been in a rut for awhile. I used to be a serial empire player but for quite some time it has been more about exploration / someone who can help Glik land PKS than the politics/intrigue/rp/war i used to love about the cabal.

I saw it coming myself wish i would've succeeded in undeath so we could've shaked things up! GLWYN

IshuliSat 10-Feb-18 03:30 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#133284, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Arbrarn Green the Holy of Faith,..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh no! I was such a fan of your personality, and your study seemed to be going so well.

Hope you post some 'goodbyes', since I'm curious as to what happened.

First person to ever get a hug from Ishuli? You deserve a badge.

-Ish

DaphedeeSat 10-Feb-18 02:10 PM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133282, "Disappointed but not surprised."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed interacting with you and you brought good things to the table. Too many writing assignments? Eye for an Eye? Wish you would have stuck it out.

GLWYN!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133280 Previous topic | Next topic