Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Sibrek Yristrsson the Holy of Faith, W..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132945
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 27-Dec-17 04:48 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132945, "(DELETED) [None] Sibrek Yristrsson the Holy of Faith, Wayfaring Fabler"

Wed Dec 27 03:45:42 2017

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Sibrek perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:146

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

McbethFri 29-Dec-17 02:06 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132974, "Cool role nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

MurphyFri 29-Dec-17 08:34 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132973, "This was meant to be a throw-away to try out shamans"
In response to Reply #0

Winning an RC threw a wrench into those plans because suddenly I had things to live up to. Then suddenly I had a busy job. Then I realized my character sucks.

My shaman experience reminded me of thieves. There was a million little things I hated about the class, among them:
* poor tanking and tiny hp pool
* low damage output even after dispel
* no lagging moves
* maledictions never landing
* mana always running out
* weird weapon selection (cleric with no mace? wat?)
* path supps & skills coming in at 1%

Like thieves, they can win through specific tricks such as fear poison, summon/dispel/bash ganging, or malice + healing curse... but, I expected for their heavy RP restrictions they would get a little more oomph in direct combat. Mighty war-priest, my ass.

I only kept playing, very sparsely, because I was reluctant to throw away someone else's investment into my character. I guess that wither incident was the last straw.

I've had fun interacting with people. Special mentions go to Scarlyd, Hanraldis, Eryari, Enifey, Zergul and Aiya.

Back to more palatable character classes when I've got time to play again.

RahsaelMon 01-Jan-18 02:49 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#132985, "RE: This was meant to be a throw-away to try out shaman..."
In response to Reply #3

I really liked your remarkably well-fleshed-out god idea and enjoyed trying to bring him to life. It was tough trying to match up times with you, or you would probably have gotten a lot more love.

I hope you enjoyed our interactions a bit, but I know it isn't fun to play a race/class combo that just doesn't click with you. It's never a good idea to stick with an unfulfilling character just because you feel someone else is invested (unless you think your dissatisfaction is only a passing phase.)

Anyway, thanks for bringing Vafud to Thera for a little while.

Good luck with your next!

Gilversplitz (Anonymous)Thu 28-Dec-17 07:28 PM
Charter member
#132957, "Drat!"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed the way you approached me, a level 1 gnome, and started roleplaying. I think the game could do with more of that.

You seemed pretty cool.

GLWYN

Hanraldis (Anonymous)Thu 28-Dec-17 04:59 AM
Charter member
#132953, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Sibrek Yristrsson the Holy of Fait..."
In response to Reply #0

Thank you, we used to speak and travel alot, it was a pleasure. GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132945 Previous topic | Next topic