Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Annalaethina Nol'fareiunduin the P..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132819
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 14-Dec-17 02:36 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132819, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Annalaethina Nol'fareiunduin the Pen of the Light, Marshall of the Fortress"

Thu Dec 14 09:30:23 2017

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Annalaethina perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:255

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes and such!, TJHuron, 14-Dec-17 07:11 PM, #5
Reply Sorry! I really liked Anna, Zah (Anonymous), 14-Dec-17 09:05 PM, #7
Reply Continued (having difficulties posting from mobile), Zah (Anonymous), 14-Dec-17 09:06 PM, #8
     Reply Appreciate that. Thanks, TJHuron, 14-Dec-17 11:15 PM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbyes and such!, Khellor (Anonymous), 15-Dec-17 01:35 AM, #10
Reply You bet!, TJHuron, 15-Dec-17 08:21 AM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes and such!, Cerybis (Anonymous), 15-Dec-17 03:46 PM, #12
Reply You jerk!, Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous), 14-Dec-17 03:01 PM, #4
Reply Deleted a reply..., Twist, 14-Dec-17 02:37 PM, #3
Reply Oh no! Why the delete?!?, Aikikiliki (Anonymous), 14-Dec-17 01:18 PM, #2
Reply Thanks!, TJHuron, 14-Dec-17 07:12 PM, #6
Reply Great Presence for Fort, Korsgaard, 14-Dec-17 01:05 PM, #1

TJHuronThu 14-Dec-17 07:11 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132829, "Goodbyes and such!"
In response to Reply #0

First a few comments on the character. I did not expect this character to turn out to be so much fun when I rolled up. I had been itching to try out a romantic bard w/ the edges for a long time. I initially intended to go h-drow imperial and changed my mind to Fort elf at the last minute and away we went.

As I said on QHCF I deleted mostly due to time constraints. I knew playing was suffering and had been considering the delete for a bit. I realize it did look like avoidance of Bakrmarr but I didn't really feel that way. I enjoyed the last couple log ins I had fighting him, save for constantly getting new prep bags and rings. The impossible challenge was kind of a rush!

I've never had a Maran before this. My only Fort experience was a squire to level 35 so I was kind of flying by the seat of my pants when it came to the RP of it. I was only basing it on what I knew of the Fort and what seemed logical. I probably did some things that were unusual but if I did no one told me out right. I was super surprised to get Marshall! That was awesome!

As far as the build, I know romantic elf bard isn't a PK powerhouse but it was fun to give it a try. I didn't expect to get tons of mileage out of grand nocturne or damage songs. I did, however, expect lullaby to work a lot better than it did. I was SUPER disappointed at its fail rate even after having all the edges. That is really my one bitch. There are classes that are so super powered but when you try to roll with a class with a niche ability and find that niche underwhelming it sorely makes the game seem unbalanced. As for the previously mentioned songs, they were as expected. OK vibrato damage, a dice roll with apocalyptic and mostly weak or middle of the road nocturnes. I should have used vibrato a lot more than I did but I like to roll the dice

On to the goodbyes, I guess:

IMMS

Ishuli: I just had to try a follower! I loved it too. It fit well with the role and was a lot of fun. I do regret not making it all the way to the end, getting tatted and putting the finishing touches on the work. I hope you can overlook that. You're an absolute awesome imm!

Korsgaard: I want to thank you so much for all the immteraction, support and shot at Maran and Marshall. Thank you!! You are terrific for the game and I have nothing but praise for you. Good luck with all the new followers! I am sorry I didn't help more of your followers finish their quests.

Rahsael: Thank you for the RC win. I'm glad you liked the role! I normally don't take tons of time writing them but there was a weekend a few months back that CF crashed and I needed to write the role. So I took my time writing it and had some fun doing it. I was really excited to see it was well received.

Daphedee: Thank you for all the fun chats! CF is better with you around!

Ergush: I just wanted to apologize for not participating in your contest. I did need to log off for a bit to go get dinner but could have pushed it. My issue was I had just been named Marshall and Korsgaard warned against killing others of the light. I knew there were already two participating and didn't want to push my luck! Seeing the logs later I wish I had because we'd have taken down that dirty mummy ;P

Fort:

Yanni: Yanni grew on me so much that you've truly become one of my favorites in a long time. Your RP is very well done. It isn't often that I start developing an actual mental picture of a character in CF but I did with you. That about the best compliment I can give you! You know your PK stuff too and it was lots of fun fighting with you. Man that day sucked when we were about to rush Bakrmarr and he rushed us instead. I thought we had a shot there! Sorry about the dragons...

Hunsodin: I already said your goodbyes on my thread but you deserve another one. You were a huge part in helping this character along and I just wanted to say thanks again. Great character.

Grumba: I really, really like Grumba and totally dug your enthusiasm. Keep it up! You're doing a hell of a job. As I said above, I was new to Fort, but, I was kind of confused by your Villager honor/parity thing you had going on. I get you can RP an honor bound guy so I figured to leave it at that. Everything I have known about Fort is that they don't care the numbers. They just want to destroy evil and if that means ganging the #### out of them so be it. Anyhow good luck and keep trucking!

Daezy: Let them eat cake! You were so awesome. It really sucked that you were booted from the Fort. I hope you make it back. Loved Daezy.

I feel like I'm missing a bunch more Fort folk. Sorry! I'm trying to finish this quickly. Please reply! No offense intended.

Others:

Garafuka: Dayum dude you could have made my life miserable. Thanks for not and being cool about the harps. I knew I had my work cut out against you but could never pull it off. Well done! Always loved Garf.

Cerybis: Thanks for all the great RP sessions. It was fun to have an enemy to bounce the theories of evil I was developing for Ish off of. The fights were fun too! Definitely lots of respect for Cerybis.

Bakrmarr: Man you are tough. Really tough. Sucks to see you go out that way with a powerful weapon. You were classy towards me and hope I gave you some good fights. Sorry it was only 2 charges. Bards are tough to land kills with. Especially a romantic elf.

Glik: I found our interactions a lot better this time around. Tough as ####, as always. As I said above I almost went imperial with this character! I've been curious about trying a character in your empire.

Vezrin: Always really, really tough. Slippery too! I still can't believe I didn't pay attention to my moves that time we fought outside of Voralia and Zah ended up killing me.

Zah: Speaking of that. I liked Zah up until you killed me. I thought it was really ####ing terrible Neutral Village Commander RP. First, I'm not a mage. Second, you knew I was engaged with Vezrin so it was 2 on 1 and arguably a parity break. Third, even though you walked into me thirsting, you had all the time in the world to flee but didn't. Smelled like Jerry taking a free frag and finally I defended Daezy like 15 RL minutes before all this went down, if you can even call it that. I more or less sang songs to deter you than try and kill you. Yeah, you did it, got away with it and can probably argue the gray area that makes it alright. I just would never do it. Aside from that Zah was alright.

Gemmurra: Sorry we didn't finish our chat. Part of Anna's role was about getting evil to talk about themselves so she could learn more for her study on evil. I was looking forward to hearing more about the Temple, not that you were going to win her over!

There are lots more, I'm sure. As I said in the Fort comments I'm trying to not make this take too long. Reply and I will! Later all.

Zah (Anonymous)Thu 14-Dec-17 09:05 PM
Charter member
#132831, "Sorry! I really liked Anna"
In response to Reply #5

I promise it was all IC, you ever get a chance to read my role one day you'll understand why.

Bloodthirst is a nasty business and perhaps something you could argue no good or neut should ever used. As said IC I waded through a dozen commoners and peacekeepers before you, Zah wanted blood and you were just another body in his way.

Zah (Anonymous)Thu 14-Dec-17 09:06 PM
Charter member
#132832, "Continued (having difficulties posting from mobile)"
In response to Reply #7

I didn't actually want to kill you, you'll notice in the log I didn't put through any commands and fully expected you to flee. It wasnt until afterwards it became obvious you were out of moves and couldnt.

Otherwise I really liked Anna. I had actually hoped that together we could take Bak down but our play times seemed to misalign.

Sorry again and good luck with your next.

TJHuronThu 14-Dec-17 11:15 PM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132834, "Appreciate that. Thanks"
In response to Reply #8

Water under the bridge.

I should never have gotten in that position in the first place and could have teleported out, anyhow. I guess I was miffed most about the conversation we had after especially since we had friendly history. It's all good now.

Best of luck to you going forward!

PS your build is great for taking down APs. Some combo of bloodthirst, eye jab and entwine. It might not have worked against Bakrmarr as he might have had too big of a weapon and knowing him you'd have had to been real clever to get it all on him.

Khellor (Anonymous)Fri 15-Dec-17 01:35 AM
Charter member
#132838, "RE: Goodbyes and such!"
In response to Reply #5

Hey! Good talk. Thanks for the time & not just throwing a crap excuse/answer at me. Glwyn

TJHuronFri 15-Dec-17 08:21 AM
1132 posts
#132842, "You bet!"
In response to Reply #10

Thank you for it too. It was quite fun and interesting. If I remember right it actually led me to put some policy in place as Marshall. I don’t think I ever mentioned it to you after.

Cerybis (Anonymous)Fri 15-Dec-17 03:46 PM
Charter member
#132846, "RE: Goodbyes and such!"
In response to Reply #5

Well, this is sad. Your RP was amazing at least when interacting with me. I always felt like those of the fortress or light gave me a cold
shoulder and would never try to understand me, but you did. Of course it was for your own desires and work, which is awesome, because we shared the same Goddess. It was always a pleasure fighting against you, and did you scare me with some of the phantoms, holy crap.

Yanni was your lil protector, and it made me sad that day when I tried bring you in and Yanni was like "Imma kill all your zombies with Pillar and there's nothing you can do about it". At that point I knew I couldn't fight Yanni with an army in the open.

When you were a criminal, I had to keep on my toes or It would have been bad with you sneaking up on me as you seemed to be able to fight me pretty well, surprisingly well for a bard. I'll miss our banter about evil and how the morality of it can be seen as many different ways and were always fun deep philosophical conversations.

GLWYN when you get the chance.

Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous)Thu 14-Dec-17 03:01 PM
Charter member
#132827, "You jerk!"
In response to Reply #0

We had sooo much to do. Now who am I gonna go dragon-hunting with!?!

I really really really liked Anna, like a lot. Like, lemme bare your children please.

Strong, fun to be around, competent, great leader, fantastic RP. Just nothing but nice things to say about Anna. I was looking forward to many fun adventures, but the holiday season really messed up my playtimes. I'm sorry I wasn't around as much at the end there. Please come back to the game soon. This game needs more Anna's. GLWYN.

TwistThu 14-Dec-17 02:37 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132826, "Deleted a reply..."
In response to Reply #0

...that someone had intended to be anonymous.

I personally didn't think it gave away a lot about the character, but it was clear that the poster had intended to be anonymous.

To that person, you can retry posting if you like!

Aikikiliki (Anonymous)Thu 14-Dec-17 01:18 PM
Charter member
#132822, "Oh no! Why the delete?!?"
In response to Reply #0

Really Appreciated having you around. Fort needs MORE strong members, not less!

TJHuronThu 14-Dec-17 07:12 PM
1132 posts
#132830, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #2

Very nice having you around. A shame we didn't get to do it together at hero! Would have been fun!

KorsgaardThu 14-Dec-17 01:05 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2017
76 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132820, "Great Presence for Fort"
In response to Reply #0

The Maran have really lucked out with great Leadership from their Marshalls and Captains. So it's a sad day to lose another great one!

You played a great character that boosted the cabal that much more, well done! Good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #132819 Previous topic | Next topic