Subject: "(DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13281
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 22-Dec-02 02:37 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2024
16960 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13281, "(DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"

Sun Dec 22 02:33:10 2002

11 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Nature on the Theran calendar Gholrhun perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:191
PK Ratio:71% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Louko (Guest), 30-Apr-05 09:59 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Jhyrbian, 22-Dec-02 05:27 PM, #13
Reply Who are you and what have you done with Jhyrbian!, Vahlen, 22-Dec-02 05:40 PM, #14
Reply Where the hell did you come from?~, Petriec (Guest), 02-May-05 09:35 AM, #28
     Reply You're looking at a thread that's from 2002, heh. Vahle..., DeathClaw22 (Guest), 03-May-05 05:14 PM, #29
Reply Jhyrbian, you flippin rock, Jhyrbian fan (Guest), 22-Dec-02 08:31 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Shamus (Guest), 22-Dec-02 03:04 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Yhorian (Guest), 22-Dec-02 03:12 AM, #2
     Reply Woo-hoo!, Blasd (Guest), 22-Dec-02 08:16 AM, #7
     Reply Shamus who?, Anith (Guest), 22-Dec-02 03:26 AM, #3
     Reply Not a nexan., Kragnar (Guest), 22-Dec-02 03:31 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Dark Knight (Guest), 22-Dec-02 03:52 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Orinah (Guest), 22-Dec-02 04:21 AM, #6
     Reply I'd lie if I say I will miss you., Vortigern (Guest), 22-Dec-02 08:21 AM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Intronan, 22-Dec-02 09:27 AM, #9
     Reply damn!, Grogim (Guest), 22-Dec-02 09:59 AM, #10
     Reply RE: damn!, Gholrhun (Guest), 22-Dec-02 01:31 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, HammerSong, 22-Dec-02 02:29 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Gholrhun (Guest), 22-Dec-02 06:44 PM, #15
          Reply Look kid..., Intronan, 22-Dec-02 07:42 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Look kid..., Dark Knight (Guest), 22-Dec-02 11:04 PM, #19
                    Reply RE: Look kid..., Gholrhun (Guest), 23-Dec-02 02:34 AM, #20
                         Reply RE: Look kid..., Javier, 24-Dec-02 09:22 PM, #26
     Reply Man....., Kavuul (Guest), 22-Dec-02 07:58 PM, #17
     Reply Bah!, Rustanviel (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:12 AM, #21
     Reply All those bandages and no goodbye!!! BAHHHHH!!, Namuzi (Guest), 23-Dec-02 08:18 AM, #22
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Kastellyn, 23-Dec-02 09:17 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster, Gholrhun (Guest), 23-Dec-02 04:49 PM, #24
     Reply Good job - I enjoyed fighting with you. nt, Koaeb (Guest), 23-Dec-02 06:02 PM, #25

Louko (Guest)Sat 30-Apr-05 09:59 PM

#37682, "Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply #0

Adam if you for some crazy reason get to read this, e-mail me
at augustofwind@hotmail.com, I want to talk to you bro

JhyrbianSun 22-Dec-02 05:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13282, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

I had to shake Thror and Intronan away from me using cunning dekes and backtracking through the less travelled pathes of CF! Everytime i logged in they wanted to give me a new skill or title, it was terrible!

The times that make the battlerager cabal the best damn cabal in the game:

There's the time you could be interviewing an applicant and Thror AND Intronan come down in the middle of the interview and give you a big thumbs up for the job you're doing. Then somedays you get called out of the blue to the circle of rites where you and the rest of your cabalmates dissect various scenarios pertaining to your everyday "battle" life on CF and the one who shows the most knowledge in the area of tactics is given a beautiful sword as a gift from the o'le mountain dwarf. Then you go and assassinate one orc and they take away your leader weapon, then you have to do something really drastic that bordered on idiocy with a pinch of suicidal tendency to get it back. Then you would hit the inn with your good pal Thror down a few pints, sit back listen to some stories with a living legend in Tobeldest. Constantly having Armitage, Hildebran or Whilemstift talking at you about stuff that always leads to fantastic roleplay scenarios and an overall good time. THEN you have the times when you're getting the living snot beat out of you and the Destructor has got your back giving you praise and that sense of grim determination of fighting tooth and nail that every rager should have. Then while you're interviewing applicants at the giant and he starts making fun of the applicant with you in a good natured way in essence scaring the crap out of the applicant. THEN you delete and tell me that Battle imms do not make the effort to interact with it's cabal.

Sorry buddy.
I could be real mean with my suggestions, but i won't be.
I'll give you one real tidbit that might help you out later on.

Don't play your battle rager expecting, looking or suggesting any sort of reward for yourself. Just play the best damn battlerager you can and you will be noticed. They're a thousand times more impressed with the guy who can die, regear and jump right back into the fray even more determined and happy than before with zero regard to any reward that he might be given for doing this than the guy who dies, deletes, never really gives himself a chance and then whines about the injustice of it all.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

VahlenSun 22-Dec-02 05:40 PM
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13284, "Who are you and what have you done with Jhyrbian!"
In response to Reply #13

You actually made sense without flaming for once
Anyway it is true what you said, those who don't try to gear themselves for interaction often come away with the game 100 times better. They enjoy their role for their own reasons with or without immteraction, and its a bonus when it does happen. And more times than not, it will come to you if you remain in that role.

Petriec (Guest)Mon 02-May-05 09:35 AM

#37702, "Where the hell did you come from?~"
In response to Reply #14

~

DeathClaw22 (Guest)Tue 03-May-05 05:14 PM

#37753, "You're looking at a thread that's from 2002, heh. Vahle..."
In response to Reply #28

nt

Jhyrbian fan (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 08:31 PM

#13283, "Jhyrbian, you flippin rock"
In response to Reply #13

Well said, having played a villager during your time, I know and can relate with everything you say, keep rockin.
JF

Shamus (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 03:04 AM

#13285, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Yes, I deleted. No excuses like the majority of others. I just got fed up with all the #####. The game is fantastical, I have been playing it for about 8 years. But, being a major lover of fantasy as opposed to reality, I realized I needed a more neutral power to divert my attention from grim reality(PS2, books, school, e.t.c) I had a hell of a long role, one I was proud of...which is probably part of the reason I deleted. 200 hours, nearly, and no special title, no tattoo(like the rest of my chars) no officer position, no anything. Which dampens my passion and inspiration for even playing. I killed many, a few killed me. Towards the end of my life I had many stupid deaths to enemies. But I still think my role and roleplay is justified in calling myself bloodbeak. I was also saddened at the lack of Immteraction this time around. Being a veteran of CF and the village, it surprises me to the lack of creative effort put in. *shrugs* A few times the destructor spoke up, that's about it. I prayed to my lord, several times, went to his shrine, several times. Had a nice role, followed it well. Played well. *grimace* Oh well.

Farewells:

Immortals:

Who? I spoke with Kastellyn early in my life about my, story finally beginning, but afterwords never had any words. I only approached Intronan regarding IC(in cabal) concerns, the effects nothing special. Thror? Your either wizinvis constantly, didn't like me, or were absent. Since I thought my role was original as all hell. *shrugs* Who doesn't? No others of special mention.

Cabals:

Battle:

Rodonar: I liked you the most of all the villagers. If I had to break it down, I couldn't. I just liked you. Your thoughts, your actions, everything. Good luck.

Guenrayn: At times I had much respect for you, at others none. Generally, you were a good general, and a good villager.

Grogim: Thought you were a bit judgemental of me. Considering you got to observe all my bad fights and none of my good. Regardless, war on. You have tough life ahead of yeh.

Sayangu: From what I knew of you, I liked you. Our times were very different, but a few times we got to mix it up together, and when we did, we never lost.

Trekalsh: Damned gut-cutter. Already said I liked ye in your goodbye as konnal.

Kiyhruus: Damned fool. You didn't even mention me in your goodbye.

Turetveskagg: Crazy bastard. Already said my goodbies to you as well. You were tough.

Eodid: My pledge...you seeem and are very smart. Tactically and logically. Perhaps you can bring some more honor to my name. Fight well, brother.

Kavuul: I hung with you alot at the end of my life. Probably the most. I hope you learned some things from me. I liked you. Enough said.

Tauser: You were quiet, too quiet.

Destructor, Hildebran, Whilhemstift, Armitage(rhuean), Giant, Pillar: Good knowing yeh, inanimates yet animates of the village. Mayhaps I'll be back, probably not. Not for some time. Village used to be the best. Still is the only reason I play CF. or rather, played.

Enemies:

Nexun:

Kragnar: Little bitch. Why couldn't you be like the old nexuns, honorable and courageous. *shrugs*

Lurdonis: See above.

Anyone else? Oh..faerk...see above.

Any mages from scion? None of any importance.

Warlocks:

Naocryn: I owned you.

Many others, names begin to blend in time.

Scion:

Trajeona: Didn't know you very well.

Anith: Your mongoose was too tough for me. Unlike shamus, who could have rocked your house. Fight well.

Vortigern: My arch rival. We fought many, many times. I think I had more victories, but who's counting.

Aginal: You slew me twice I think. You got lucky escaping me about the same number of times.

All other scions....helga, deveskrius, lar, frostagor, blah blah...you were nothing without the favor in your hands.

Maran/Paladins:

Alnallander: Didn't know you that well, but sorry for that bloodthirst death. Keep the light.

Phylanthorin: Well done. Respected you. Enough said.

Others:

My life was basically for the village. So none of note.

Straklaw: I liked you when we were growing up, you had something in you that made you seperate from most orcs. But when you got higher in ranks, you joined the rest of your race in relying on scions/magic to be stable.

Glorhiana: Drunken talks with you, mostly. They were nice though.

Soec: Sorry.

War on:
Sargon, Samas, Konnal, Shamus, Gerolden, Tholden, Vultros, Fulgor, Darlyal...e.t.c.......
--Gholrhun Bloodbeak.

Yhorian (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 03:12 AM

#13306, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go, its beginning to look like all the enemies i grew up with are leaving! Your one of the few ragers I actually killed (and damned quick both times looking at the logs). I'm not surprised u didn't mention Nexus in your goodbye post, as right now we're not much of a force to be contended with

I do feel sorry for those in the village, being in a cabal with most of the mud vs you can be hard and leave you lost for RP sometimes. Guess thats why you guys get 3 immortals regularly buzzing you all!

Just try not to have any hard feelings, alright? Those busy guys may have had u on their list but you didn't stick around long enough to get the spot light. One thing I have to quote from you post though...

>>All other scions....helga, deveskrius, lar, frostagor, blah blah...you were nothing without the favor in your hands.

Er... right. Aren't we all? Hell, me with no conjurations = no favours here!

Yhorian.

Blasd (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 08:16 AM

#13307, "Woo-hoo!"
In response to Reply #2

And, as usual, forgot about me. Bah. Less dangerous foes, easier to complete a quest (if I'll even gain one). I didn't count you as a very dangerous rager, like Turet. But fighting you I still didn't like much. Especially, when you are with other ragers. You made a nice zombie, though.

Anith (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 03:26 AM

#13305, "Shamus who?"
In response to Reply #1

*snicker*

Ahh well...another one bites the dust. You showed up to fight, and always hung around after falling.....Not whining about gear being returned was nice as well. Not sure how many times I got you....but one thing that I remember is you move damn Fast...my poor wings are always tired after a Gholrhun chase....Only one Rager is better...Drahk...that guy is a friggin Olympic Athlete and one heck of a fighter too....Since most of my kills are 'picking on the wounded'.....I have only respect for the majority of villagers I fight. (Few exceptions)

One day I will try a villager...hopefully one of you old farts will show me the ropes...but till then...its Mages for me..

Take care.

Kragnar (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 03:31 AM

#13304, "Not a nexan."
In response to Reply #1

Heh.

Dark Knight (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 03:52 AM

#13303, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #1

I beat you up solo when you were dumb enough to spam trip, course you cut link to clear your buffer. Class act overall, in that unsportsman-like non-class-act kinda way. You logging out after 5 minutes online when we were in power kinda makes you a hypocrit doesn't it?

Weren't you the one that deleted for lack of uber-quest weapon or somethin a while back with Shamus? Seeing your char gave me that impression. Most of the village I respect and have a lot of grit, I never got that impression of dedication from you.

Orinah (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 04:21 AM

#13302, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #1

You might possibly wish to seek therapy. If I recall correctly, your last to characters you whined on and on about how you deserved this, and you deserved that. You deserve nothing, not even the right to play. It's a privledge, and if the imms are too busy to pay attention to your two ten second prayers, well that's too bad. Here's an idea, play something other than a rager, or if you play a rager, play one with a little bit of balls that actually stays to retrieve after the first spell is cast. Then maybe you'll get some attention. Until then, quite you're damn whining.

Vortigern (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 08:21 AM

#13301, "I'd lie if I say I will miss you."
In response to Reply #1

Not that I did not liked your character...just that it gives me a chance to not con-die faster. Yes we fought many...sometimes I owned you...sometimes you did. I started to hate you ic that time we dueled at the giant and you thirsted on me *shrug* I was just not clear enough for the duel then. I'll see you soon in Hell...

IntronanSun 22-Dec-02 09:27 AM
25 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13300, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #1

It's rather rare I hear villagers complain about lack of imm interaction. Sorry you weren't around for it. It's there, maybe you just weren't there for it. Regardless, fine killer, overall fine villager. Just a thought, but instead of being upset at not getting the rewards you felt you deserved (officer, leader, whatever), maybe you should try a character who embraces the freedom that comes with that lack of responsibility. Just because you aren't titled, it doesn't mean your character isn't respected, or appreciated. Good luck.

Grogim (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 09:59 AM

#13298, "damn!"
In response to Reply #1

First of your characters I really liked and you were about to get the call up to be drillmaster. I spoke with Drahk about it and we thought we would let you get a little battle-seasoned at rank 51 for a bit before I sent the scroll to the Imms. Its a shame really.

Gholrhun (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 01:31 PM

#13299, "RE: damn!"
In response to Reply #10

Ah hell. Well, I guess the truth comes out posthumously. Thanks for your appreciation, I worked hard on Gholrhun. Good luck to yeh.

HammerSongSun 22-Dec-02 02:29 PM
679 posts
#13292, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #1

Maybe it's just me but I seem to think we've been over this before. I'll not rehash it but I will state one simple fact. The world does not revolve around you. CF won't either. The fact that you need to go public about the lack of attention you got is what I term 'pathetic.' I won't, nor do I feel any immortal should apologize for not meeting your standards. If we tried to do that for every player in the game, the game would no longer be fun.

Gholrhun (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 06:44 PM

#13293, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #12

Your right. I'm sorry. If I ever play a character again, I'll have no role, I won't roleplay, I'll just drift through the game and take everything for granted. I obviously have been wrong this whole time, what a fool I've been, actually thinking that a Divine presence is needed to make the world feel worth it.

IntronanSun 22-Dec-02 07:42 PM
25 posts
#13294, "Look kid..."
In response to Reply #15

Thror, Kastellyn and I spend a lot of time trying to make the village an enjoyable place in the CF world. If you don't enjoy it, don't come back. If you feel neglected, don't come back. If you have any negatives, don't come back to the village. Obviously we are not worthy of a player of your caliber.

Sorry we're not perfect in your eyes, and cannot devote all our attention to you. You know what the main pleasure of a good role on one of my characters is? The fact that I wrote a good role, and I roleplayed it well. If you follow your role, and roleplay well, it's its own reward. And if you do it right, people notice. But the most important thing should be that YOU take pleasure in what you do. What other people think of you should be a distant second.

p.s - In the future, in your posts, don't bother with sarcasm. You're not intelligent enough to pull it off.

Dark Knight (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 11:04 PM

#13295, "RE: Look kid..."
In response to Reply #16

Ignore him, you guys are awesome, the immortals are awesome. He's just a whiny self centered spoiled brat who's crying because he didn't get something special. He isn't an elite roleplayer, I've watched hundreds of chars over the years put up with far worse situations then him and not come out a dime on top for it and they take it all in stride without moaning about it because they weren't playing to be patted on the back by a father-like figure. Chin up Shamus, have some dignity.

Gholrhun (Guest)Mon 23-Dec-02 02:34 AM

#13296, "RE: Look kid..."
In response to Reply #19

You have me pegged, what can I say.(Sarcasm good enough this time?) Did I ever say that the immortals were doing a bad job? Did I ever say that I'm extremely dissapointed, dissatisfied, and completely berserkingly enraged because I didn't get any special attention? Hardly. Did I ever throw some gigantic, whining, screaming, crying, fit that indicates that I am a spoiled kid? I did say that it affected, to a minor degree, my inspiration. It's always nice to get recognized by the big guys who run things. I didn't say it should have happened. I didn't say it had to happen. I think you misconstrue my words and intention through my words. I respect the immortals and all the work they do.

JavierTue 24-Dec-02 09:22 PM
0 posts
#13297, "RE: Look kid..."
In response to Reply #20

Alright, yo

Go back to your first post and read the first paragraph and the paragraph about the immortals. Now read over what you wrote in the post I replied to. Then go back and read your first post again.

Kavuul (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 07:58 PM

#13291, "Man....."
In response to Reply #1

Really sorry to see you go man

I immensly enjoyed the traveling we did together and you taught me a whole lot. I had quite a few problems getting into the village, and when I got in without a sponsor I kinda latched onto you to become my mentor.

Thanks for the travels

See you in the fields

Rustanviel (Guest)Mon 23-Dec-02 04:12 AM

#13290, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #1

No farewell for your mentor! Good-bye from me on my page

Namuzi (Guest)Mon 23-Dec-02 08:18 AM

#13289, "All those bandages and no goodbye!!! BAHHHHH!!"
In response to Reply #1

nt

KastellynMon 23-Dec-02 09:17 AM
864 posts
#13287, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #1

Our first interaction was good, and I did really like your role. It was very unique, and I know I wasn't the only Imm to comment on it.

Sorry you didn't feel like you got your 'share' of interaction with the Battle Imms. All of us do make the effort to interact with all of the Villagers who are out there, but sometimes a character will just slip through the cracks. Its not your fault, and not ours, its just one of those things that happens. Play the character for yourself; enjoy it. That way if we don't end up able to interact with you a whole bunch (for whatever reason), you'll still have fun.

That's what its all about, after all.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Gholrhun (Guest)Mon 23-Dec-02 04:49 PM

#13288, "RE: (DEL) Gholrhun the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #23

Well said Chaser. I've always liked your comments. Your thoughts I agree with completely. Yep, we've had many good interactions with many of my characters, and I've enjoyed every one of them. I still remember that constitution quest with that bard that came to the village for Sargon. Good times. And yep, I didn't mean to insult the village Imms, or Imms in general, I was just saddened by the fact that this time around I didn't get any feelings of some of that extra "magic" the Imm's instill me with usually. Too bad your religion came up just after I had already created Gholrhun's role and everything. I have always been waiting for a religion from you. It looks very intriging. Thanks for the good times, Kastellyn.

Koaeb (Guest)Mon 23-Dec-02 06:02 PM

#13286, "Good job - I enjoyed fighting with you. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13281 Previous topic | Next topic