Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Talimor Al'aerethelir the Cham..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131708
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 05-Jul-17 09:04 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131708, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Talimor Al'aerethelir the Champion of the Virtues"

Wed Jul 5 21:03:07 2017

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Talimor perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:125

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply CF is awesome. Talimor's goodbyes:, Mcbeth, 18-Jul-17 06:23 PM, #6
Reply RE: CF is awesome. Talimor's goodbyes:, BUON (Anonymous), 21-Jul-17 08:11 PM, #7
Reply RE: CF is awesome. Talimor's goodbyes:, Illaeth (Anonymous), 22-Jul-17 06:15 AM, #8
Reply Big fan., Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous), 06-Jul-17 08:38 AM, #3
Reply Boo!, Ignolmeer, 05-Jul-17 10:13 PM, #1
     Reply "and perhaps this time roll with the punches of your ch..., Mcbeth, 05-Jul-17 10:45 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Ultimately facing getting uncaballed..., Ignolmeer, 06-Jul-17 01:18 PM, #4
               Reply Brother, god damnit tried to post anonymously failed mi..., Mamed, 08-Jul-17 03:51 AM, #5

McbethTue 18-Jul-17 06:23 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131841, "CF is awesome. Talimor's goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I was going to post this sooner but then my new character got going and any time I would have spent writing goodbyes went into playing and role writing for the new guy instead.

All in all an awesome experience. I learned a lot and was able to be fairly successful in pk, even if Glikhardiz beat me like a red-headed stepchild most of the times we ran into each other . As I posted on the other thread, I'm a big believer in deleting when the fun stops and it wasn't very fun instakilling some agro mobs in a new area and then having to do atonement for it. That wasn't the only reason I deleted... and Ignolmeer, the atonement quest was very reasonable.

For a short lived character I really felt like Talimor had a chance to interact with a bunch of meaningful characters. I'm generally super impressed with CF players, I don't think I'm as good a roleplayer as many of you. And, it's nice having a new mud home where people actually log in to PK.

Sorry if I forgot you, post and I'll reply! These are in no particular order...

Illaeth - thanks for the eagle staff hook up early in life, and for dragging me out to explore the areas we did. I wish we could have done more of that!

Kanlax - thanks for showing me the prep you did, and for being a long-lived, consistently RPed presence.

Thaedan - as Talimor said when you died, you were a true leader. I had Arim when you first rolled and had you pegged for the Captain spot back then. Glad you immed and eager to see what your religion looks like in days to come.

Cio - I always felt like we had a special bond since I was talking to you before your name change from Cofveve. Then when we started PKing together it was like we were on totally the same page from the very get-go. Not being able to run around fighting together with you is one of my only regrets about deleting!

Yanni - same thing as Cio, almost... we would have gotten there. We were a force together, didn't feel like there were any fights that would have been bad to take on. Congrats on Captain.

Soko - same thing as Cio and Yanni, almost... I was looking forward to more neuro/marshal rally ownage.

Buon - you are my favorite thing about CF. I owned you early in life on the matchup between our characters and you powered to hero, took some great legacies, made war master, and the tables started to turn a little... I never resented you bringing help, the fight was still pretty uneven unless you were prepped out the butt. It made me happy when you landed a few kills on me towards the end and we were swapping gear back and forth at 51 that I'd first taken off you at like 18.

Vramun - cool build, wish we'd had more fights.

Guais - thieves suck. Your character is great. That thrashing outside the end had me laughing IRL.

Hunsodin - you make a good Marshall. Monks are pretty sick when people fight them wrong, some of the things I watched you do at the Watcher made me wonder why anyone ever raids with you online.

Ignolmeer - no hard feelings, the religion was an overall super positive experience. I think you're doing good things as the Fort imm, too.

Tchakabum - you were cool.

Undaraxyl - I wish we'd had a few more fights. You're tough, and have outlived like three of my characters. Talimor handled you a lot better than Lea did.

BUON (Anonymous)Fri 21-Jul-17 08:11 PM
Charter member
#131853, "RE: CF is awesome. Talimor's goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #6

Thanks for the compliments! Talimor is such a strong build that Buon could not do much against you. You were always ready to throw down and I sometimes use that against you by bringing forces to you . We had some great fun! GLWYN!

Illaeth (Anonymous)Sat 22-Jul-17 06:15 AM
Charter member
#131854, "RE: CF is awesome. Talimor's goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #6

I really enjoyed Talimor. No matter what was happening, you had a great energy that made you really fun to be around. I was looking forwards to some future adventures but now I'll just have to wait until we cross paths again! Glad to hear your back out in the fields and enjoying yourself. Good luck with whatever comes next.

Yanni Sunburst (Anonymous)Thu 06-Jul-17 08:38 AM
Charter member
#131715, "Big fan."
In response to Reply #0

I always felt like we could accomplish anything when we were together. Your fighting style absolutely complemented my own, and I felt the same applied to you. I wish things had turned out differently, but that's how it goes. It was a pleasure. GLWYN.

IgnolmeerWed 05-Jul-17 10:13 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
#131710, "Boo!"
In response to Reply #0

I was truly enjoying this character, I'm sorry you didn't like the turn your character took after killing good spirits in the buried battlefield.

I hope you bring another solid character to the fields, and perhaps this time roll with the punches of your character's choices.

Good luck with your next!

McbethWed 05-Jul-17 10:45 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
#131711, ""and perhaps this time roll with the punches of your ch..."
In response to Reply #1

I usually pride myself on keeping IC and OOC separate, acting as my character would, and "rolling with the punches" - I try not to be the kind of guy to delete a good character after a heavy loot, and some downs to go with the ups are expected. But, during that last time in the Shrine while Ignolmeer was giving it to my character and the other I was leading, I wasn't having very much fun.

Obviously the way you reacted was completely in character. Unfortunately, for me as a player, having my character get read the riot act for running into a totally bogus new area without stopping to ask anyone if there were agro 1shot lighty mobs in there sucks, even if it's 100% in character. Sure, Talimor was probably being a bad Ignolmeerer by not having a round table about what dangers could lurk below before heading down there having properly analyzed the possibilities and prepared for the worst. But, eff that . Anyways, where are there any mobs like that elsewhere in the game other than cityguards while WANTED, which is a very different circumstance?

Ultimately, facing getting uncaballed or having to spend the next 1-2+ hours of gameplay doing something I didn't really want to equals delete delete at this stage in my life as a gamer. So, no hard feelings - you were doing what you had to do IC and I was doing what I had to do OOC. You will probably see me on a character that is more Lea than Talimor next!

I'll post some goodbyes for Talimor later. Glad you were enjoying him, I was too for the most part. After Talimor's experience, I'm not sure your religion or good-aura is for me, but I've wanted to play a follower since I had Lea and you provided some memorable moments for both of them.

IgnolmeerThu 06-Jul-17 01:18 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
#131721, "RE: Ultimately facing getting uncaballed..."
In response to Reply #2

I became aware of the good align fratricide issue with the Rahsael's new area shortly before going live. So from an ooc perspective I was prepared to give the muligan with an IC fix. Since then, the area was tweaked too.
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=68472&mesg_id

Which is why you two were giving a simple task of exploring the area to figure out what was going on and spread the word so it doesn't happen to anyone else... Which was a completely IC way to handle it.

IC Ignolmeer being upset you destroyed good spirits was to be expected. He gave a strickly guided discussion about going in to an unknown situation half-cocked. And ended it wish a smack to the back of the head to reinforce the learning.

Also, I'm going to clarify Fortress dogma in a post soon.

I would look forward to a Lea in the Citadel too, but you won't know until you try it. GLWYN!

MamedSat 08-Jul-17 03:43 AM
Member since 09th Dec 2003
132 posts
#131756, "Brother, god damnit tried to post anonymously failed mi..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 08-Jul-17 03:51 AM

Good character

Jeremiah

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131708 Previous topic | Next topic