Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Saeorad the Grand Master of Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131575
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 29-Jun-17 09:56 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131575, "(DELETED) [None] Saeorad the Grand Master of Artistry"

Thu Jun 29 09:53:29 2017

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Saeorad perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:267

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Saeorad the Grand Master of Artist..., Illaeth (Anonymous), 03-Jul-17 07:05 AM, #5
Reply Farewell., KoeKhaos, 03-Jul-17 05:51 AM, #3
Reply Thanks for doing it, Tyiquazza (Anonymous), 03-Jul-17 09:25 AM, #6
Reply RE: Farewell., Ishuli, 03-Jul-17 10:16 AM, #7
Reply Heh, Ghrimmli (Anonymous), 03-Jul-17 03:34 PM, #8
Reply I was really sad, Kstatida, 30-Jun-17 07:57 AM, #2
Reply It's funny., KoeKhaos, 03-Jul-17 06:15 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Saeorad the Grand Master of Artist..., sleepy, 30-Jun-17 12:20 AM, #1

Illaeth (Anonymous)Mon 03-Jul-17 07:05 AM
Charter member
#131645, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Saeorad the Grand Master of Artist..."
In response to Reply #0

I really appreciated what you were bringing to the game. My times can be pretty sporadic and was often disappointed to miss the contests but the ones I got to see were a blast. Also enjoyed our little adventures and was glad to help you out on your side project where I could. I only wished our times meshed a little better, I can't hardly imagine the mischief we could have inspired... Either way, I really hope to see you back in the fields when you get a chance. I'd definitely consider Saeorad a complete success and can't wait to see what's next.

KoeKhaosMon 03-Jul-17 05:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131643, "Farewell."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 03-Jul-17 05:51 AM

Saeorad was the result of some long pondering after my previous character. I took to heart the replies and critiques and also considered replies to other characters and things Imms said in posts in the gameplay section. As a result I had a primary goal with Saeorad. I wanted to see what I could give back to CF and encourage interactions and find a way to get more opportunities to get immexp to players. I also aimed to be laid back and interact with anyone who wanted to do so and try to start a sort of adventurers guild leader type vibe where I would aid anyone exploring in game who asked as well as deal with PK scenarios as if they were interesting learning experiences to Saeorad instead of any sort of anger. I don't think Saeorad ended up with too many enemies though and can't remember if/who actually did manage to kill him.

Rolecontests are awesome, but I feel that the players miss out a lot in them since we don't get to see these until a character gets a PBF. This hatched the idea of a contest that would be run in between role contests where players would actually interact with each other, learn a little bit about each other, have fun, and get rewarded. The short story contest. I designed it basically on an event called Pechakucha which is a TED talk type thing where a presenter has 20 slides with 20 seconds to talk about each slide. I hope it was fun and worked out interesting for people.

Thanks to Ishuli, who I didn't even know about before people in game talked about her, for helping me with the Rolecontests. I wasn't sure if I would get an Imm to help out on it or not so I really appreciate the work you put in to help me out on this project. Interestingly this actually was my first tattoo in over twenty years of playing CF so thanks for that too!

Thanks to all the participants and the audience members who attended as well. Without all of you this would have been a dismal failure and I was always fretting about having enough to make it interesting. Thanks also for putting up with my mistakes. I live in England and typically I was half asleep when the contests started!

I would have liked to continue the contests, if possible, for as long as I could, but alas life takes other strange turns. Some confusing and disappointing things have happened and as such I will be stepping away from CF for now. I had some side projects I will continue to work on in my free time that may one day be of interest/aid to CF indirectly, but they are not even close to being ready to announce yet but I will keep you all posted when they are!

Thanks to everyone and have fun doing what you do!

Tyiquazza (Anonymous)Mon 03-Jul-17 09:25 AM
Charter member
#131646, "Thanks for doing it"
In response to Reply #3

I really appreciated the opportunity to kinda step away from being an IC meanie, if only for a little while.

IshuliMon 03-Jul-17 10:16 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#131647, "RE: Farewell."
In response to Reply #3

Had a ton of fun with you. The first time we interacted was when you were in the past with the drunk elves, and I sort of harassed you with a mob. You not only ran with it, but twisted your role into it in AWESOME fashion. Not only did I enjoy that, but I basically watched you a lot afterwards due to it.

The contests were a ton of fun. You were fair, you worked hard on them, and did a great job gathering a crowd. You managed to twist it into an Ish-fashion in a nice way, since stories on their own don't interest her - but a competition that shows skill growth....You've got her attention!

Sincerely enjoyed Saeorad, and I hope you keep kicking butt.

-Ish

Ghrimmli (Anonymous)Mon 03-Jul-17 03:34 PM
Charter member
#131654, "Heh"
In response to Reply #3

Was super sad to see you had deleted, the one conversation we had let me figure out the rest, would have been fun to have another chat.

KstatidaFri 30-Jun-17 07:57 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131604, "I was really sad"
In response to Reply #0

when I couldn't seal that kill as Grokko when you had like +12 ranks on me?

KoeKhaosMon 03-Jul-17 05:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
#131644, "It's funny."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 03-Jul-17 06:15 AM

With Grokko getting pked wasn't as annoying as it was intriguing due to your RP involved with it. Your RP with him was quite amusing. I just looked through the logs and you actually did kill me once while the second time I had 9 levels on you! If I recall it was my first time dealing with someone mounted and I had literally no idea what to do. lol. I liked your RP on this one so keep up this type and you'll be loved even when you kill.

sleepyFri 30-Jun-17 12:20 AM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#131596, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Saeorad the Grand Master of Artist..."
In response to Reply #0

Thank you for your contests. A definitive boon to the community. GLWYN!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131575 Previous topic | Next topic