Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile Desp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131468
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 26-Jun-17 07:24 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131468, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile Desperado, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Mon Jun 26 19:23:31 2017

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Ghek perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:182

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Interacted as a few chars, Centaur Druid (Anonymous), 28-Jun-17 11:34 AM, #22
Reply RE: Interacted as a few chars, Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:18 PM, #25
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Vramun (Anonymous), 27-Jun-17 08:26 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:30 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., crom, 27-Jun-17 06:17 PM, #10
Reply Thanks!, Blkdrgn, 27-Jun-17 06:28 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Blkdrgn, 27-Jun-17 03:34 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Seriphax, 27-Jun-17 08:17 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:32 PM, #29
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Telez (Anonymous), 27-Jun-17 08:36 PM, #14
Reply You knew me well. , Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:27 PM, #27
Reply I really enjoyed Ghek, Guais (Anonymous), 27-Jun-17 09:38 PM, #15
Reply RE: I really enjoyed Ghek, Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:23 PM, #26
Reply You should've stuck it out to learn AI..., SPN, 27-Jun-17 09:46 PM, #16
Reply RE: You should've stuck it out to learn AI..., Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 04:00 PM, #31
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Ishuli, 28-Jun-17 02:07 PM, #23
Reply Much Thanks!, Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:57 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Much Thanks!, Ishuli, 28-Jun-17 04:04 PM, #32
Reply Whoever got my PBF, Thank you! n/t, Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 07:49 PM, #34
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 26-Jun-17 11:59 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Rahsael, 26-Jun-17 09:31 PM, #1
     Reply Everyone loves losers, Kstatida, 27-Jun-17 07:24 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Everyone loves losers, Isildur, 27-Jun-17 12:27 PM, #4
     Reply N-nope, Kstatida, 27-Jun-17 12:33 PM, #5
          Reply RE: N-nope, Isildur, 27-Jun-17 10:53 PM, #17
               Reply Human abilities are infinite, Kstatida, 28-Jun-17 01:47 AM, #18
                    Reply RE: Human abilities are infinite, Isildur, 28-Jun-17 10:46 AM, #20
                         Reply I don't care about dex statements, Kstatida, 28-Jun-17 11:14 AM, #21
                              Reply statpwned. Isildur is no longer stat king. n/t, Lhydia, 28-Jun-17 04:22 PM, #33
                              Reply RE: I don't care about dex statements, Isildur, 28-Jun-17 10:45 PM, #35
     Reply Not everybody can be try hard like you and your goblins..., Blkdrgn, 27-Jun-17 03:36 PM, #8
          Reply You're cool, Kstatida, 28-Jun-17 01:49 AM, #19
               Reply Thanks. , Blkdrgn, 28-Jun-17 03:12 PM, #24
     Reply P.S., Kstatida, 27-Jun-17 12:42 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..., Blkdrgn, 27-Jun-17 03:40 PM, #9

Centaur Druid (Anonymous)Wed 28-Jun-17 11:34 AM
Charter member
#131549, "Interacted as a few chars"
In response to Reply #0

Centaur was a test char for a few titles, and I met you the first time with him. I loved you the first five minutes and just loved you more and more even with the next chars, both as friends and as enemies.
Our last interaction was me and a fort leader getting you as my first evil kill, to join the marans. I knew how head in first you would face us and you did exactly as expected.

Your play style is very good for this game and I try to be same (by far you are better).

GLWYN

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:18 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
295 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131555, "RE: Interacted as a few chars"
In response to Reply #22

I enjoyed our travels early on. You did play druid more like a warrior though face tanking while communing prayers. That first time we interacted I was about to come hunt for you and the mino. I actually read that log the other day and it gave me a good laugh.

Vramun (Anonymous)Tue 27-Jun-17 08:26 PM
Charter member
#131507, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #0

Well done!

More when I kick the bucket. I always knew when you were about things were going to be interesting.

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:30 PM
295 posts
#131558, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #13

Tried my best . The die seemed to roll in my favor when we first started fighting, I'd woop you good, then we got even which was awesome, you'd win one, I'd win one or two, and you'd come back. Once you got Vindicator, It was so hard to get you, especially when I was wanted cause your dam redux was sick and I couldn't keep non-physical weapons.

I always wanted to tell Kreptar that he was like an gnome giant compared to you because you just had a towering presense about you but never did.

cromTue 27-Jun-17 06:17 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2016
20 posts
#131503, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked Ghek. You didn't let deaths bother you, unlike a majority of other players.

BlkdrgnTue 27-Jun-17 06:28 PM
295 posts
#131504, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #10

I tried not to let it bother me. I think the solo play was what tore at me the most. I enjoyed mixing it up, going in right after death and turning a lost into a win, or at least making sure they new I was down after the first fight. I died a lot and nearly con died, but I did have some amazing fights because I wasn't concerned about my gear or dying that much.

BlkdrgnTue 27-Jun-17 03:34 PM
295 posts
#131498, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #0

I loved the role play of this character and really had fun, but at hero, I didn't feel quite competent in battle a lot of the times. There were a few moments in my life that I shined but I am kinda a lazy player when it comes to prepping and to me outlander made it so much harder to prep. Due to my prepping fault, I hit near con death, between 5-10 deaths away, and I just got tired of being alone a lot. I just want to say sorry if I came off ill or whiney to anyone, I tried to mostly stay in character, but the losing nearly everything the few times that it happened did put me in a volatile state.

I hit a few brick walls a few times, I probably lost more weapons playing that the Tribunal just left my weapons and waited for me to come get them. I tried to play Ghek like an utter savage as his rage was boundless for civilization, even though before he became Ghek he was training to be apart of the arial guard.

Immortals: Loved the things you did for/with me. I've been playing since early 2000s and never once have I been a leader so that was fing awesome. I wish I knew where your shrine was Jormyr, but I knew you were dorment so didn't see anything going there. Once Rahsael came about I was intrigued, but I was already set in the destruction of Jormyr's way. Thank you guys for that last burst near the end when I got the title, I was seriously about to delete
at that point.

Outlanders: I enjoyed being the nightreaver, and sometimes I tried to cause interaction with the reavers I inducted. I am fairly newb and Ancient Instincts was unfamiliar to me. I learned of it shortly before becoming nightreaver and just don't general know enough about the game to be worthwhile though it's definitely useful, it is a pain when you don't know how to level it up high
enough for more consistency.

Agarak - Loved you stonehead, you and Telez were my favorite neutrals to run around with.

Telez - We were a nasty combo together, but boy did it hurt every time you logged off and there were two or three tribunal/imperials on. I still stuck around, I wanted to fight and get bloody and it usually ended up with me dying horribly.

Voorium - I enjoyed our mixing it up that day, when you were trying to speed things along. Ghek didn't personally care for it and striked a low point in the characters life.

Other Outlanders - For the most part I enjoyed you all who I met
though most it was brief. I feel like you guys don't cause enough havoc to the cities.

Enemies - I enjoyed about 95% of my encounters with my enemies though.

Tribunal: Compared to the Tribunal I use to play, the current interpretation of laws are just kinda dumb. Overall, when I, Ghek, pointed out your laws to you, it wasn't because I was whining, it was because Ghek trained to be guard, understood the laws and wanted to seep venom into your minds on how you betray your cause as Ghek cared less about wanted status and wore it proudly.

Saxonjachs - I don't know why or how you were so damn tough. Axes didn't work, swords didn't work, throw is #### lol. I think our ratio in combat was like 10/1 your favor but the time I did get you was glorious.

Vramun - Boy did we have some fights. We were back and forth in our fights except near the end when you just had my number.

Guais - You were my favorite of all the Spire. I'm sorry for killing you as much as I did, but I almost felt cave manish about beating your head in until you left the spire, but our interactions were the best I had. Glad you got Provost.

Empire: So many names and faces, you all came and gone.

Glik - Enjoyed our fights and glad I at least pushed you back once. Knew I wasn't going to kill you cause you'd run at 30% hp when I got you there. As a player/RP, wasn't a fan. Your char screamed power gamey to me, all about the kills and the loots.

That one fire giant AP - You were a tricky and always well prepared fighter. You obviously knew tons about the game but
I was able to push you back a time or two.

Buon - My combo > yours any day it seemed. I got you twice on my own. You always kept saying you were going to get me back but you couldn't do it alone .

Other enemies -

Thaedan - We did have some fun fights, but I think after that one kill where you just dogged me with tying me up you didn't come back for me which I know I cruised down eastern a few times hoping you'd fail a jack so I could get you lol.

Hunsodin - Nothing, nothing I could do to you. That last conversation we had I wasn't complaining, sorry you might have felt that way.

Undaraxyl - Just... nothing... You tried being creepy but Ghek didn't care, he just wanted you dead and just hated he couldn't do it alone but would try anyways and honestly I hate coffer corpse!

Overall I had a lot of fun on this character I just hated that I wasn't very deadly or so I felt. I died a lot, I stayed in fights a lot longer than I should and I paid for it a lot. I really am glad the games numbers are starting to creep back up and I hope CF can start flourishing again.

SeriphaxTue 27-Jun-17 08:17 PM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
#131506, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #7

You were awesome, I did admire your gusto. I only personally saw you as Skadruk, when you and the centaur Druid came at me in the past. I hoped that wasn't what was going on but you guys cleared that up pretty good. I was pretty proud that I was able to get you even though I started at 3/4 health v 2. Gave me confidence when I saw you in Udgaard right after and subsequently got outmelee'd hard. Heh, was still fun. GLWYN.

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:32 PM
295 posts
#131559, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #12

Yeah, that first fight was just failure on the dice roles lol. The second fight I rolled a natural 20 in that fight. Sad we didn't have too many more encounters cause I think we could have had a good dynamic going.

Telez (Anonymous)Tue 27-Jun-17 08:36 PM
Charter member
#131508, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #7

Sad to see you go, you were definitely great for the outlanders. And yeah, every time I logged off I was pretty sure you were just going to go head in and die, haha. The exact reason why I kept telling you that you better not die each time I logged off!

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:27 PM
295 posts
#131557, "You knew me well. "
In response to Reply #14

It sucked with you around, but was totally awesome. When you were around people feared us as they never wanted to make attempts. We did some neat stuff together and I knew you had my back. Our fire/water thing was awesome.

In Ghek's head, My/reavers fires burned away the taint of civilization, your waters washed the ash away to cleanse it and the Wardens were there to bring new life to the now cleansed land. That's why I didn't mind working with, within rp boundries, any branch of the tree. Hopefully we'll line up again and can cause more fear .

Guais (Anonymous)Tue 27-Jun-17 09:38 PM
Charter member
#131509, "I really enjoyed Ghek"
In response to Reply #7

You were hard for me to kill, but not impossible. I have a number of gripes about poisoners I will share when I am no more, but Ghek's aggressive style gave me lots of opportunity to experiment, and you have helped me learn a lot.

I felt bad seeing you die repeatedly, but I also know how good you felt when you could turn a loss to me into a win during the next round. Like you, I absolutely hate the game of 'get the limited prep', but on the positive side, we can use that to work on other aspects of our game.

You were relentless with trying to bring me over to the green side, and some day I just may try to pull off an outlander thief. You were not going to win over Guais, though, as Ishuli is the bomb. I had thought about trying to persuade you to give up a life of crime, but I find trying to win people over on CF (and in the process screw over their character) to be pretty tired and ultimately wasted RP unless they have plans to convert from the moment of creation. Most people don't have the chops for it.

You need to try Tribunal, though, even if you don't become an Ishuli follower. The Blood Tribunal is only as boring as you want to make it, for nowhere is it written that you ever have to be sitting in your guild hoping someone weak enough for you to kill will come into town to commit a crime. Psst: As a bonus, when you are on duty, they pay you so you can buy preps so you don't have to spend as much time farming gold!!!

There is no one currently playing that is like Ghek, and he will surely be missed.

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:23 PM
295 posts
#131556, "RE: I really enjoyed Ghek"
In response to Reply #15

I was in Tribunal while I made Ghek. I had a terrible necromancer that was failing pretty bad. I enjoyed both sides of the coin but my interest faded for Tribunal when I saw the over populace of numbers and that outlander was basically non-existent which means that Tribunal didn't have it's motivation that made it interesting. I hope I made you guys wanna stay logged in longer and enjoyed the encounters we had.

I loved interacting with you on both of my characters, though I got more from you as an enemy than a friend on the RP side.

Our conversations with Ghek were just perfect and we had this awesome bond even though we were enemies that made me want to cause trouble for you so we could have words. I though hate emetic poison, it's the worse fing thing in the whole gosh damn world and it killed me so many times because I was a no gold using, never having any valuable items to use for healing, outlander. The fear poison was slightly a pain too but that didn't bother me as much as emetic.

SPNTue 27-Jun-17 09:46 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#131510, "You should've stuck it out to learn AI..."
In response to Reply #7

If prepping is an issue for you, there are really good AI preps that are easy to get (Stone skin, Prot ethos, etc.) I believe leaders get a leg up on finding AI locations, from what I have heard, so being a leader you could've learned alot of them. Also, I just follow or stalk other outlanders to find them...

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 04:00 PM
295 posts
#131561, "RE: You should've stuck it out to learn AI..."
In response to Reply #16

I tried, the lonely log ins kinda did me in, even though I was a desperado. I tried to figure out what I could with AI and did find quite a few things on my own. I just have limited area knowledge.

Been playing since around 07 and I still don't know how to navigate Organia or the Jade Vaults even, though I've been many times through many characters.

IshuliWed 28-Jun-17 02:07 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#131552, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #7

Like Rahsael said, you had other fans upstairs. I was one of them.

It may sound lame that a Tribunal imm is chanting "GO GHEK GO!" as you fight Magistrates, but I was rooting for you almost every time. I LOVE people who constantly mix things up, and bring that sort of "NO, less hiding, more fighting!" styles to CF, so I was ab absolute huge fan of yours.

Had a ton of fun interacting with you as the fiery ancient, and otherwise always enjoyed watching how close so many of your fights were.

Nice job!

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:57 PM
295 posts
#131560, "Much Thanks!"
In response to Reply #23

You are a very big impact on CF right now and thank you for inducting me as that was friggin awesome! That was one of my most memorable parts in Ghek's life.

I was kinda disheartened at first that there wasn't a leader to induct so I didn't know if it was going to happen. When you showed up as the fire, it surprised me irl. I was thinking "This isn't normally in Darsalyn" and got excited.

IshuliWed 28-Jun-17 04:04 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#131562, "RE: Much Thanks!"
In response to Reply #30

Haha, glad you enjoyed it. The fact that you IMMEDIATELY used ignite seriously sealed the "Yeah, this was the right call" to me. You rocked it.

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 07:49 PM
295 posts
#131566, "Whoever got my PBF, Thank you! n/t"
In response to Reply #7

n/t

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 26-Jun-17 11:59 PM
Charter member
#131479, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #0

Have a good log of us to post when I'm gone. The double-fatality one on eastern road. We both lose! Ghek certainly wasn't afraid to mix it up.

RahsaelMon 26-Jun-17 09:31 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#131471, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #0

You had a lot of fans upstairs, myself included. Thanks for making the game a lot more exciting!

KstatidaTue 27-Jun-17 07:24 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131489, "Everyone loves losers"
In response to Reply #1

Seriously arial warrior is a mess now with int nerf. Needs some tweaking love.

IsildurTue 27-Jun-17 12:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#131490, "RE: Everyone loves losers"
In response to Reply #3

This is sarcasm, right?

KstatidaTue 27-Jun-17 12:33 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131492, "N-nope"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry you couldn't do anything to him, but that's just a bad matchup.

IsildurTue 27-Jun-17 10:53 PM
5969 posts
#131513, "RE: N-nope"
In response to Reply #5

People can't complain about dex while simultaneously arguing arial warriors need a power boost.

KstatidaWed 28-Jun-17 01:47 AM
2214 posts
#131514, "Human abilities are infinite"
In response to Reply #17

Arial can't benefit from his dex b/c no damage. The only viable option is swords and they don't flurry.

There's a reason there were no notable arial warriors in the past how many years?

IsildurWed 28-Jun-17 10:46 AM
5969 posts
#131540, "RE: Human abilities are infinite"
In response to Reply #18

Which means the statement "dex is overpowered" is dumb. If you're saying arial warriors can't take advantage of the dex, then it means "dex is overpowered" is only situationally true.

In any case, I'm pretty sure you're just trolling. In the last five years there has been one deadly human warrior and a handful of arials.

Human:
Salpcha (Battle, 2012)

Arial:
Ooglarr (Empire, 2014)
Darikir (Nexus, 2012)
Caitlyan (Battle, 2012)
Akedeh (Battle, 2012)

KstatidaWed 28-Jun-17 11:12 AM
2214 posts
#131546, "I don't care about dex statements"
In response to Reply #20
Edited on Wed 28-Jun-17 11:14 AM

My "human abilities are infinite" was about your questions "How can you complain about dex?". Thanks for catching that one.

Of the four arials you've posted, 3 are pre int-nerf, and even more so Akedeh was STSF. Which was exactly my point for "arial need some tweak love post int-nerf".

So we have one prominent arial warrior whose rate and PKs at twice the GoM are similar to Kaer's (whom I claim to be the best performing PK giant warrior of late), but who was definitely played by a much better PKer than me (0,6 KpH). Thanks for proving my point

LhydiaWed 28-Jun-17 04:22 PM
2390 posts
#131563, "statpwned. Isildur is no longer stat king. n/t"
In response to Reply #21

Gr

IsildurWed 28-Jun-17 10:45 PM
5969 posts
#131567, "RE: I don't care about dex statements"
In response to Reply #21

I thought you were saying humans make better warriors than arials.

I also wasn't talking about you specifically complaining about dex. Just people in general.

Either they're right and dex is king, or they're wrong and dex is sufficiently unimportant that whatever advantages it gives arial warriors is overwhelmed by what you're calling the "int nerf".

BlkdrgnTue 27-Jun-17 03:36 PM
295 posts
#131499, "Not everybody can be try hard like you and your goblins..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

KstatidaWed 28-Jun-17 01:49 AM
2214 posts
#131515, "You're cool"
In response to Reply #8

I don't know any of your past characters so I can't say whether you're capable PKer, but that spirit you showed is awesome and it deserved some serious credit, as well as better PK statistics.

BlkdrgnWed 28-Jun-17 03:12 PM
295 posts
#131554, "Thanks. "
In response to Reply #19

I've never had much for notable heros. I play alright, I'm surely not the best but I can get hang in there. D-elf Battle Darkavoore was probably another char I played that might have been decent. Rotdru Dwarf Tribunal was one of mine. Mirlin was one of my first hero chars ever which was Nexus felar. I've had a few things here and there that were alright, but nothing like Ravon or black jaguar big.

KstatidaTue 27-Jun-17 12:42 PM
2214 posts
#131495, "P.S."
In response to Reply #1

Pyromaniac comment made me laugh. You're cool, man

BlkdrgnTue 27-Jun-17 03:40 PM
295 posts
#131500, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ghek Ravenstorm the Volatile ..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for all the interactions, It was awesome you speaking to me as the voice those couple of times. Having IMM's DM like that breaks the stale killing NPCs, grabbing loots and potions. Whoever spoke to me with the Lin-ha, thank you for keeping Ghek's fire burning that much longer because then I wouldn't have been able to have that awesome 3v1 + captain and shine amazingly in combat that day.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131468 Previous topic | Next topic