Subject: "(DEL) Leonidas the Grand Master of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13132
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 16-Dec-02 07:40 AM
Member since 20th Sep 2024
17171 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13132, "(DEL) Leonidas the Grand Master of Changelings"

Mon Dec 16 07:36:53 2002

9 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Spring on the Theran calendar Leonidas perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:234
PK Ratio:41% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Was not so fun anymore., Leonidas (Guest), 16-Dec-02 08:15 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Was not so fun anymore., Anith (Guest), 16-Dec-02 09:50 AM, #2
     Reply Quick note:, Valguarnera, 16-Dec-02 01:21 PM, #3
     Reply how can you know that? you have something......., Amazed (Guest), 16-Dec-02 10:41 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Quick note:, Leonidas (Guest), 17-Dec-02 02:31 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Was not so fun anymore., Talfos, 16-Dec-02 01:57 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Was not so fun anymore., Bajula, 17-Dec-02 05:54 AM, #7

Leonidas (Guest)Mon 16-Dec-02 08:15 AM

#13133, "Was not so fun anymore."
In response to Reply #0

Well this was my first true shifter, playing arcanes of old, having only minor forms, and well it was fun, but I was not all to happy with the panther form. But eagle is really nice. Atleast holding its own against MOST other air forms. But the panther is hit and run, not working to well with my fighting style. Think it should get upped a bit on the dodging side, as well it dont hit as hard as most of the other offence majors, aso.
Played this char as well as a new char. Not knowing everything. I know it was noticed and I like it, its more as it should be. Learn quick, but dont know everything. I was always hesitant when people asked me, where is that?... And well shifters where a new class for me, no recall out of fights, no use of wands in fights. Little versitality. But flying was fun.

Imms who?... attempted a few prayers along the line, but never any response, and a note here and there. But I know alot of you of old, having travelled with past chars with some of you *cough*
Dont let anyone tell you folks your not doing a great job!... Always interesting to venture to new areas. Just suck playing a mage after having played a bard, and well you dont have any idea on where to look for wands. Which is a pre-req to make it as a mage these days.

Grogim I told you what I thought about you inn game, and inn char.

The rest of the villagers I knew little of, I killed a few of you, and I took only a few items, the one time I die to two or three of you you take it all. I laughed when I was returned a magical dagger, which I could not even see. Please..

Anith well no more using alot of protections on me. What impresses me is your guts. Your there when alot of folks are not. Well we both where I think.

Alnallander missed you towards the end. Same goes for Dimion your new, but hey you where fun. Happy folks. Even when the ##### hits the fan your happy.

Arengakar when you deleted my char was really depressed. Now I had to lead.....

My little entropist friend, where you go to?.... I love entropy still... Even a maker of p...... now that was impressive....

Tzaric wo hooo.... flap flap... you where fun. Liked you the first time I saw you. Gutsy flyer.

Dammit cant remember your name little bard.... its slipped my mind. cudos anyhow. you know whom you are.

Well thats it for now. Im out for a while.

Leonidas
farker_of_heaven@hotmail.com

Anith (Guest)Mon 16-Dec-02 09:50 AM

#13139, "RE: Was not so fun anymore."
In response to Reply #1

I hate fighting in the air....unless one of the participants is a moron...whoever is less prepped will just flee and flap around in circles. Ive only got a handful of kills in the air, and you were never close to falling, if memory serves me.

Anyhow, you stuck it out as well during times you were the only warlock about. I agree with your comments on the panther. I once played a shifter with the pre-change panther, and it was awesome, but they toned it down just as I was on my way out. Before the change, a panther could go toe to toe with a couple of villagers and come out winning, easily.

Take care.

ValguarneraMon 16-Dec-02 01:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13136, "Quick note:"
In response to Reply #1

Imms who?... attempted a few prayers along the line, but never any response, and a note here and there.

(Obviously you weren't praying for me, but....)

To be specific, you prayed once. (Twice if you count a bug report.)Gotta give us a little more slack than that before you complain about no response.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Amazed (Guest)Mon 16-Dec-02 10:41 PM

#13138, "how can you know that? you have something......."
In response to Reply #3

that keeps track of EVERY prayer ever sent even when theres no imms around?

Leonidas (Guest)Tue 17-Dec-02 02:31 AM

#13137, "RE: Quick note:"
In response to Reply #3

You skip the part about me actually saying your doing a good job, but my char did not pray much, but I did send a note or two, and visit a shrine a few times. My gods shrine. Most of the time I was about I used for searching for wands, aquiering wands and fighting scion or the villagers. And well if you defend/raid and participate in hunting alone well your pretty much occpuied all the time...

But for Leonidas when defending alone, speaking to the maiden and none being there but him, it was imms who?... And I was alot alone in the tower retriving alone facing bad odds. And saying to the maiden:"worry not dear maiden, we shall have our most sacred back soon" or something like that. It was more the warlock imms that I never saw, cept in the younger days of my char.

On the more precise part of praying, I fealt I could not pray to the god I had unless I had something to show for, and well the day I did pray I really had alot to show for. How do you really make a god of death happy, by dying, or sending people to him?....

And Id never say that the imm staff is doing a poor job, valg!...
Ive been around for to long to do that. As warlock scion entropist, dawnite, arbiter, master, aso...

TalfosMon 16-Dec-02 01:57 PM
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13135, "RE: Was not so fun anymore."
In response to Reply #1

Really liked all our interactions from lowbie up to hero. Leonidas was instrumental in helping Talfos out early on, and for that I truly thank you. Good luck with the next and good work on this one.

Talfos

BajulaTue 17-Dec-02 05:54 AM
929 posts
#13134, "RE: Was not so fun anymore."
In response to Reply #1

leon you were a great guy, if memory serves me you were the one who started lardovian on saving my hide hehe without which i'd have never seen so much of thera. between when i met ya and when i got word and sanctify room i'd have never made it without you, lardo, arengakar, alnallander, etc etc etc.
amusingly enough without all the people i met along the way dim was always a sad guy didn't start getting happy til way later. but yeah since the 'change' in his personality he was always in good spirits as long as his friends were around... everyone's deleting though and i think about it every day. but no way. i'm goin out con..
heh you ain't kiddin about new, but catch me with a char under 25th level. then i seem to know almost everything.
well anyway hope you have more fun with the new whoever.
anyone know what causes this 'burn out feeling' for a char anyway?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13132 Previous topic | Next topic