Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Oxias Diamondjaw the Mason of the Pa..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131181
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 02-Jun-17 12:00 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131181, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Oxias Diamondjaw the Mason of the Paragon, Commander of Battle"

Fri Jun 2 11:56:46 2017

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Oxias perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:523

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well it was fun, TJHuron, 04-Jun-17 02:06 PM, #6
Reply Stole and played with your doll for a while. , Lhydia, 04-Jun-17 05:18 PM, #10
Reply Flaayin told Thror to give me Brace :), TMNS, 04-Jun-17 05:49 PM, #11
Reply Yes! Funny story about that, TJHuron, 04-Jun-17 06:14 PM, #12
     Reply Should have worked. Grumble. n/t, Gryld (Anonymous), 05-Jun-17 08:05 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Should have worked. Grumble. n/t, TJHuron, 06-Jun-17 08:34 PM, #24
Reply RE: Well it was fun, Thaedan (Anonymous), 04-Jun-17 08:09 PM, #13
Reply RE: Well it was fun, TJHuron, 05-Jun-17 02:36 PM, #17
Reply RE: Well it was fun, Ishuli, 05-Jun-17 01:24 PM, #14
Reply Have to admit, I loved Oxias., Jormyr, 05-Jun-17 01:39 PM, #15
Reply RE: Have to admit, I loved Oxias., TJHuron, 05-Jun-17 02:35 PM, #16
Reply Au contraire ya wee ####e!, Ysaloerye, 05-Jun-17 03:20 PM, #18
Reply At least one, thendrell, 06-Jun-17 05:51 AM, #21
     Reply Svirfs are supposed to be gnomes but, Murphy, 06-Jun-17 06:54 AM, #22
Reply Darn it, SideStrider, 05-Jun-17 07:04 PM, #19
Reply RE: Darn it, TJHuron, 06-Jun-17 08:34 PM, #23
Reply Well done., Athioles, 07-Jun-17 01:59 AM, #25
     Reply RE: Well done., TJHuron, 07-Jun-17 08:52 AM, #26
Reply Barely interacted with this char...but you seemed a sho..., TMNS, 02-Jun-17 08:30 PM, #4
Reply I thought of the pillar as well. nt, Saagkri, 02-Jun-17 10:27 PM, #5
     Reply Huge compliment, thanks to both of you nt, TJHuron, 04-Jun-17 02:06 PM, #7
Reply Really enjoyed Oxias, Acra (Anonymous), 02-Jun-17 05:38 PM, #2
Reply PBF PK Deaths only go to Mar 10? n/t, Acra (Anonymous), 02-Jun-17 05:56 PM, #3
Reply RE: Really enjoyed Oxias, TJHuron, 04-Jun-17 02:07 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Oxias Diamondjaw the Mason of th..., Undemelm (Anonymous), 02-Jun-17 12:08 PM, #1
     Reply Thank you., TJHuron, 04-Jun-17 02:09 PM, #9

TJHuronSun 04-Jun-17 02:06 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131192, "Well it was fun"
In response to Reply #0

There are a lot of good players around who make this game fun. Keep it up.

I deleted because I was struggling to go further with the character. I set a deadline for myself back in April or so to make it until June and see how things were. There were a few moments of motivation but not enough. The moment that made me realize it was time to delete was my last death. I lost a piece a gear I could have regained with an hour or two of effort and I just didn't have the stomach for it. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Delete; delete.

I started this character with two goals and didn't accomplish either. One was probably attainable, which was to make the pillar, and that is completely my fault. But, as I write this I don't feel any regret. I was basically playing the last few months trying to get to the end point and that's not the way to play. I'm sure that might change later. Especially since I rolled Oxias out of regret for not finishing Bartis out. Hah...

The other goal was to hit the pinnacle of an Ysal-ite. It's my third Ysal follower and I know there is more to open up with the religion, such as the Voice, but that wasn't meant to be either. I guess Ysal wasn't in to this character very much or not in to playing very much. But thank you for all that you did offer. That much is appreciated.

I didn't always put my best foot forward with this guy. I made tons of mistakes, especially in PK, but I did have a bunch of fun. I think too that I was a pretty terrible group leader during raids. I do much better solo than coordinating.

Jormyr: That's ####ing great!!! I had no idea you were behind the whole doll thing. I mean, I considered it, but disregarded it. That really, really made this guy fun. Please continue to do things like that. Even small things from the staff like this make the game so much better.

Ishuli: I'm pretty sure I'm speaking to the same person as the former Battle bard here. You're simply wonderful. The effort and interaction you put in to the game is such a bright spot on the current state of the game. I can't stress this enough.

Constructive criticism for the staff: If you're going to promise a reward. Give it in a timely manner. I saw or experienced three instances of a failure in this. It's a major let down. It aggravates people. You need to be better here. Much better. Not only that, I actually agree with Rhyaldrin. Bring back the juicy rewards. With the loss of EPs you guys are like communists handing out bread rations when it comes to rewards. I get you don't want to make someone OP or overreward an already strong character but even small things go a long way.

So many characters I interacted with so I'll just keep this brief. No slight intended if I didn't mention you. I will reply though.

Zin: You are a stud. What else can I say? Heaps of praise, heaps of praise. I got the sense you didn't care for the induction process very much, which was cool with me. But... sorry if I'm dumping that on you because you're leader now and probably the next Commander. Good luck!

Undaraxyl: Damn you were hard for me to fight. I had a ton of respect for you, though. At least I managed to kill you. The sun shines on a dogs ass or something... I will be posting that log

Garafuka: Loved this guy. Having been bash raped a bazillion times by orcs as a rager it was so nice to be allies with one for once. You were awesome. Keep going!

Glik: The game is the most fun when everyone is enjoying themselves.

LhydiaSun 04-Jun-17 05:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131196, "Stole and played with your doll for a while. "
In response to Reply #6

Good times.

I was glad you didn't break the law for the time period I told you and was happy to give it back.

Also I agree about the 'hey we're gonna do this reward for you' stuff. I went through the Rites once and was told I was going to be made Captain of the Shields but then Thror stopped logging in again. Actually...pretty much every time that has happened to me it's been Thror. I can think of two other specific times. lol @ blueballingbeardedbastards

TMNSSun 04-Jun-17 05:49 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#131197, "Flaayin told Thror to give me Brace :)"
In response to Reply #10

Literally was like "Hey throw this poor n00b a bone" one of the few times we saw him online.

TJHuronSun 04-Jun-17 06:14 PM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131198, "Yes! Funny story about that"
In response to Reply #10

I didn't expect to get the doll back and was kind of thinking it was cool while it lasted. Then the day before you returned it one of them imms gave me a new one. So I had a spare for the rest Ox's life. Oddly enough no one tried to take it after that.

I also didn't purposely avoid breaking the law for the doll back. It just happened to work out that way! I was kind of tempted to break it so I'd get a chance you fight you and get it back. Still thanks for returning it. Was super cool. There were a number of characters after that doll for awhile!

The name is escaping me but I should also give a special shout out to the gnome shapeshifter who was dead set on getting the doll. Even went so far as to get the svirf crown to claim to be Ox's queen so I'd give her the doll. Quite clever and fun!

Gryld (Anonymous)Mon 05-Jun-17 08:05 PM
Charter member
#131206, "Should have worked. Grumble. n/t"
In response to Reply #12

nt

TJHuronTue 06-Jun-17 08:34 PM
1132 posts
#131210, "RE: Should have worked. Grumble. n/t"
In response to Reply #20

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sun 04-Jun-17 08:09 PM
Charter member
#131199, "RE: Well it was fun"
In response to Reply #6

We didn't get to interact that much, but I admired Oxias from afar. Tried to keep you informed about evil hiders when I could. Hope it helped.

TJHuronMon 05-Jun-17 02:36 PM
1132 posts
#131203, "RE: Well it was fun"
In response to Reply #13

We didn't but the few times we did were helpful and I liked Thaeden quite a bit. It's always refreshing to know there is a thief about who isn't trying to grief someone. Add to it we were after some of the same folk and it made it even better. Good luck going forward.

IshuliMon 05-Jun-17 01:24 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#131200, "RE: Well it was fun"
In response to Reply #6

You were tons of fun to interact with, both as a drunkard and as a curator. I had lots of fun watching you, since I knew peeking in almost always resulted in cool rager-rp or some awesome fights.

Sorry that ol' bard poofed away, but she still enjoyed chatting with you and watching you anyway!

Thanks for the compliments, and I thought your char was equally as awesome and great for the game!

-Ish

JormyrMon 05-Jun-17 01:39 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#131201, "Have to admit, I loved Oxias."
In response to Reply #6

Honestly, the doll bit was totally on the fly. The "Thror" cranialing you was actually me as well. I remember more than a few days when Thror'd do that, and though I forget exactly what had happened initially, it struck me as totally something he'd have done, so I faked it. After the log went to QHCF, I thought I'd tease you about the idea of whether or not Oxias imagined it or not, and dropped the doll on you. You rolled with it so well, I couldn't help but keep it up. Though, how did you find out it was me?

As to rewards...yeah, it's an area I know I specifically sucked at, at times. Part of the problem is that very few people actually have the ability to handle a number of the rewards, so it can be difficult finding the right person, who can then find the mortal, and hand it out.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed Oxias. Good luck with the next.

TJHuronMon 05-Jun-17 02:35 PM
1132 posts
#131202, "RE: Have to admit, I loved Oxias."
In response to Reply #15

I had no idea until I read the pbf comments. I forgot about the Thror cranial! You had me pretty well fooled because that is exactly the type of stuff I remember him doing back in the day.

Then when he logged in a couple times a month or two ago that really had me thinking it might have been him.

I'm not joking when I saw that was seriously a high point on playing Oxias. I know you can't do it for everyone or all the time but small stuff like that goes a long way in aiding to create a fun experience! The doll gave no advantage but was probably just as awesome as receiving some super cool quest skill or another legacy.

YsaloeryeMon 05-Jun-17 03:20 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#131204, "Au contraire ya wee ####e!"
In response to Reply #6

>The other goal was to hit the pinnacle of an Ysal-ite. It's my
>third Ysal follower and I know there is more to open up with
>the religion, such as the Voice, but that wasn't meant to be
>either. I guess Ysal wasn't in to this character very much or
>not in to playing very much. But thank you for all that you
>did offer. That much is appreciated.

Oxias definitely grew to be my fav villager and followers that have been around in a while.
Once you finally understood the Mason's path, your work blossomed and is one of the better ones in the cavern.
Alas you not making progress on the Voice was my fault and timing. I was hoping to catch you before I took off abroad, but it didn't happen, and I have been playing catch up at work since I got back. So even times when I caught your pray, I was on the way to a meeting or something. So my bad! I hope you will give it another crack. I think I have had one Voice so far. I do need to revamp some of the tattoo stuff as getting leader positions fubars some of what the Tat can be used for.

Anyway. Ace villager, and you grew into a solid commander. Probably one of the most rewarded chars in the game, so that should tell you something!

GLWTN

thendrellTue 06-Jun-17 05:51 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#131207, "At least one"
In response to Reply #18

Not sure if any others ever managed it.
Though a non-dwarf voice, what would people say?

MurphyTue 06-Jun-17 06:54 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131208, "Svirfs are supposed to be gnomes but"
In response to Reply #21

a lot of people tend to play them with mildly dwarfish manners and/or accent. They taste like another flavor of dwarf

SideStriderMon 05-Jun-17 07:04 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2007
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#131205, "Darn it"
In response to Reply #6

Well dang. Thought we were about even when I was running Sephiteth, but looks like you got me more than I thought. Bummer on me I guess.

TJHuronTue 06-Jun-17 08:34 PM
1132 posts
#131209, "RE: Darn it"
In response to Reply #19

All great fights though. Pretty sure most were down to the wire. Think just one or two more went my way than yours. I had to throw everything I had to win too so thanks for the exciting fights. Great stuff.

AthiolesWed 07-Jun-17 01:59 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#131211, "Well done."
In response to Reply #6

Given how badly you schooled me via Bartis (still my favorite villager of all time for the record) when I was Rhyaldrin I was glad to return the favor as Nazarates this time around.

Good luck with the next.

TJHuronWed 07-Jun-17 08:52 AM
1132 posts
#131213, "RE: Well done."
In response to Reply #25

Thanks. Naz was so fricking tough I was kind of relieved when you deleted since I didn't have to worry about a near impossible to kill emperor assassin in the shadows anymore. In some ways it might have been better than what came next.

Heh. I laughed when you compared Ox to Bartis in Naz's goodbyes. I was like this guy remembers and has it figured out. Sometimes you just gotta give something another try.

TMNSFri 02-Jun-17 08:30 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#131186, "Barely interacted with this char...but you seemed a sho..."
In response to Reply #0

NT

SaagkriFri 02-Jun-17 10:27 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#131187, "I thought of the pillar as well. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

TJHuronSun 04-Jun-17 02:06 PM
1132 posts
#131193, "Huge compliment, thanks to both of you nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

Acra (Anonymous)Fri 02-Jun-17 05:38 PM
Charter member
#131183, "Really enjoyed Oxias"
In response to Reply #0

You were very tough with good rager RP and always looking for a fight.

Acra (Anonymous)Fri 02-Jun-17 05:56 PM
Charter member
#131184, "PBF PK Deaths only go to Mar 10? n/t"
In response to Reply #2

nt

TJHuronSun 04-Jun-17 02:07 PM
1132 posts
#131194, "RE: Really enjoyed Oxias"
In response to Reply #2

I was happy you were looking too. Thanks for the fights! You were dangerous!!

Undemelm (Anonymous)Fri 02-Jun-17 12:08 PM
Charter member
#131182, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Oxias Diamondjaw the Mason of th..."
In response to Reply #0

This is surprising. You were tough as hell, good luck with future characters.

TJHuronSun 04-Jun-17 02:09 PM
1132 posts
#131195, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #1

Good luck to yourself. I had a bunch of respect for you. Although I can't tell you how many times I thought to myself I'm glad I'm a hand spec whenever I fought you ;>

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #131181 Previous topic | Next topic