Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Grokko Krugga the Corruptor, Lethal Pe..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130922
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 08-May-17 07:40 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130922, "(DELETED) [None] Grokko Krugga the Corruptor, Lethal Pestilence"

Tue May 2 14:42:54 2017

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Grokko perished, never to return.

Race:goblin
Class:raider
Level:33
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:254

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sorry for a late post, Zugnu (Anonymous), 09-May-17 11:36 PM, #7
Reply I was (and am) totally your fan, Kstatida, 10-May-17 02:36 AM, #8
Reply I thought you had fantastic goblin RP., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:47 PM, #6
Reply Best character ever, Kstatida, 08-May-17 04:00 PM, #1
     Reply Mechanicwise, Kstatida, 08-May-17 04:03 PM, #2
     Reply You were funny as heck., Ishuli, 08-May-17 04:27 PM, #3
     Reply I know you've read this already many times, Kstatida, 08-May-17 05:05 PM, #5
     Reply Gameplay wise, Kstatida, 08-May-17 05:03 PM, #4
          Reply raiders as raiders, Scarabaeus, 10-May-17 09:42 AM, #9

Zugnu (Anonymous)Tue 09-May-17 11:36 PM
Charter member
#130975, "Sorry for a late post"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed your character OOC, hated your guts IC. As you mentioned on the other forum, that several hour long fight was fun. It was great seeing how we both fine-tuned how we fought and what sort of tactics were the correct ones to use in response to each other. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I think we both realized that neither of us could really kill each other unless one person messed up, and it turned into a grapple weapon contest .

GLWYN!

KstatidaWed 10-May-17 02:36 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130976, "I was (and am) totally your fan"
In response to Reply #7

As orcy as an orc should be. Wish I could play with you more, Was sad you spurted to hero

TMNSMon 08-May-17 06:47 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130967, "I thought you had fantastic goblin RP."
In response to Reply #0

I just thought you should have been evil

KstatidaMon 08-May-17 04:00 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130960, "Best character ever"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I hope this character ends the rumor of goblins being underpowered and unplayable. At least on the lower end of the scale.

This character was started as an answer to Tac's goblin challenge and wouldn't make it past 20/0 or something if not for Rotwang who has managed to catch me killing people and tat me on level 16 out of the blue for killing bunch of people and being "more deadly than orcs". That occasion made me rethink the idea of the character, the role was written and so the journey started. Thanks and big thumbs up to Rotwang, you really were the reason this turned into my favorite CF experience to date (Yeah I already regret the delete ).

The major idea of the character was to make goblins eligible to rank up to level 51. For that reason I was planning to distend to hero PK and kill chief of GS (if possible - to oblivion, because pitcamping in GS is lovely for GS goblin) (I'm somewhat sad this wasn't caught by the Imm reviewing the final role chapter). Unfortunately that way of bringing freedom to your people involves a lot of bloodshed, but well, no freedom comes w/o sacrifice (preferably - that of others). Too bad I didn't have the nerve to pull that to an end.

The RP was hilarious and awesome, the only time I experienced something similar was with the drunk bard where you could go off with lots of nonsense and it was all fine. And goblin was just on another level of fun talks.

To all the people who rejected my help after being killed - learn to trust others! I was in no way going to betray you or something. If I didn't kill you before though, trusting me was dangerous. SPECIALLY if you didn't give Grokko money beforehand

Special thanks to Ishuli for Goblin outpost, I enjoyed that area a lot, didn't have much use for grenades though. That "innocent little angel" comment of yours made me laugh out loud

Very special thanks again to Rotwang, that couple of invisible patting on my shoulder with buffs and some interaction was nice and definitely reinforced my desire to play the character.

To all that hundred people I've killed - I bet you didn't expect it, huh?

Special thanks to Zugnu, Kerbak, Glikhardiz, Wabailla, Drahteus and the only Grokko's true friend - Irikdriby.

P.S. The reasons for delete I have laid out on another forum, but they become even more obvious when you look at latest PK Wins in my PBF. The character was obviously stagnating with low numbers (or it might be me playing much less than before). That really got the steam out. Too bad. I'm gonna try next for something less dependent on others.

See you in the fields.

KstatidaMon 08-May-17 04:03 PM
2214 posts
#130961, "Mechanicwise"
In response to Reply #1

I feel goblins are lacking something starting 28s. Perhaps adding a mace skill around 30s or headbutt around 35 (hey we're midgets anyway, so why not?) would make it better.

Arguably, stomp also would be a funny?

Something around those.

I already regret not playing it to the 40s, so I'd get a better picture of the gameplay.

IshuliMon 08-May-17 04:27 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2255 posts
#130962, "You were funny as heck."
In response to Reply #1

I watched you get so many people who wouldn't question your little goblin facade.

I also enjoyed playing with you while I was Graag/Orc healer guy, with you delivering me some steaks. That was fun stuff.

Glad you liked the goblin outpost, hopefully it felt homey.

KstatidaMon 08-May-17 05:05 PM
2214 posts
#130964, "I know you've read this already many times"
In response to Reply #3

But I agree with Rhyaldrin that you're one of the best things happening to CF right now (second only to Grokko's delete).

And that blacksmith in outpost should really sell some dumb ugly stuff.

KstatidaMon 08-May-17 05:03 PM
2214 posts
#130963, "Gameplay wise"
In response to Reply #1

I also wanted to emphasize on the following.

Goblin raiders are exactly what they are called - raiders. The class design is impeccable if you embrace the idea of raiding, not being a juggernaut or punching bag or something.

Your idea is to run fast (both in and out of combat), you can outrun literally anything and strike when the people have noticed you, but didn't manage to do anything about it yet, because the moment they see you on where, you're backstabbing them. Moving from past FoN to Galadon in like 20 seconds is no joke. And easily running around areas with people trying to catch you is no joke either.

You should be of course able to run around blindly, because you navigate faster than you're able to read your movements, but most vets can do that. That gameplay is unique and really is something WORTH trying and I recommend everyone who has not played a goblin to 27 level - do it. You're gonna love it.

ScarabaeusWed 10-May-17 09:42 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#130979, "raiders as raiders"
In response to Reply #4

It's good to see that you understood the trajectory of the class and were then able to run with it. At some point we may be able to complement/enhance Raiders with a bit more of the Goblin Artificer toys (and grenades were a first venture into that).

There's a lot on my plate coding-wise, but Goblin bug fixes are on that plate as well; hopefully that will smooth out the experience a bit.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130922 Previous topic | Next topic