Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edansyr the Champion of the Virtue..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130805
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 07-Apr-17 09:28 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130805, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edansyr the Champion of the Virtues"

Tue Apr 4 18:29:26 2017

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Edansyr perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:86

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edansyr the Champion of the Vi..., Quorzen (Anonymous), 12-Apr-17 07:51 AM, #4
Reply Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the cit..., Ignolmeer, 07-Apr-17 10:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..., Edansyr (Anonymous), 10-Apr-17 10:12 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..., wareagle, 11-Apr-17 11:49 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..., Edansyr (Anonymous), 12-Apr-17 09:11 AM, #5
          Reply You never once prayed after the first time or even invo..., Ignolmeer, 12-Apr-17 09:53 PM, #10
               Reply Soooo you're saying it's possible he came back. , Lhydia, 13-Apr-17 06:31 AM, #11
                    Reply Oh don't be ridiculous., Java, 13-Apr-17 07:55 AM, #12
                         Reply Reading is hard. n/t, Lhydia, 13-Apr-17 07:33 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..., Another Ignaught (Anonymous), 12-Apr-17 09:58 AM, #6
          Reply I'd be sitting there for an hour, cleaning my gun, Kstatida, 12-Apr-17 10:08 AM, #7
               Reply Exactly, Another Ignaught (Anonymous), 12-Apr-17 12:06 PM, #8
          Reply I didn't explain the reason. I simply said to come bac..., Ignolmeer, 12-Apr-17 09:52 PM, #9

Quorzen (Anonymous)Wed 12-Apr-17 07:51 AM
Charter member
#130833, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Edansyr the Champion of the Vi..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our lowbie fights and banter. Major props for being down for it when I got bored and basically just asked "wanna fight again?"

The time you killed me, my plan was to steal your prep chest (= fly potions) and then, the next time you fled onto the river to heal up, I was going to steal your boat.

I was so excited by my plan that I was too impatient to heal ... or quaff any preps at all. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.

60% 100% 90% 5900(11.28%) 2 PM civilized(lightning) <53>: steal chest ed
You step out of the shadows.
You steal a floating chest from Edansyr.

60% 100% 90% 5900(11.28%) 2 PM civilized(lightning) <53>:
You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by Edansyr!'
Edansyr's wrath MUTILATES you!
Edansyr is in perfect health.

46% 100% 90% 5900(11.28%) 2 PM civilized(lightning) <53>: flee
You parry Edansyr's wrath.
You trample around loudly again.
Your pierce injures Edansyr.
Edansyr has a few scratches.

46% 100% 90% 5900(11.28%) 2 PM civilized(lightning) <53>: flee
flee
flee
flee
flee

Edansyr brings a steel claymore up and across at you!
Edansyr's strike of faith DISMEMBERS you!
Completing his upper slash, Edansyr steps forward and brings a steel claymore
down in an opposite arc towards you!
Edansyr's strike of purity DISMEMBERS you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Edansyr has a few scratches.

10% 100% 96% 5900(11.28%) 3 PM civilized(lightning) <53>: fle
Edansyr's wrath MUTILATES you!
You have been KILLED!!

glwyn.

IgnolmeerFri 07-Apr-17 10:50 AM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130812, "Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the cit..."
In response to Reply #0

Insite into the Ancient Magus:

Ignolmeer will sponsor those with a virtuous goal... which mean empowerment and for shamans, one path that is reflective of there role. You can have nearly ANY goal that will make the world a better place and get empowered. BUT, Only practitioners of the citadel precepts will receive anything beyond that. So actively growing, strengthening, and building up others of the light, RE: Natesthal, and Kanlax as examples.

Through the freedom of choice, Ignolmeer allows you to walk your own path and reap the consequences of said choices, be they good or bad. So if you choose not to follow the path of the citadel, that is your choice. Therans are fated to make choices in there lives and they will have lasting effects.

How does all of this applies to Edansyr?

When you came to the shrine to speak with me and were told to return in an hour (because RL around dinner time isn't a good time) you then spent another 3 hours or so on but do not come back... Ignolmeer isn't going to chase you down. You come or do not that is your choice.

My availability after that did not match up with you in order to have further growth. For that, I am sorry.

From what I saw, you were doing good as a paladin, and Maran (at least in mindset and RP). You were not applying principles pf the citidel though and that had to be discussed to see if that is what you meant or if you needed guidance.

GLWYN!

Ignolmeer

Edansyr (Anonymous)Mon 10-Apr-17 10:12 AM
Charter member
#130818, "RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks Ignolmeer,

It was my first character after nearly a four year hiatus. I was surprised at how quickly everything came back, but there was also a lot of changes in the four years that made it difficult.

1. I was surprised at how much of a turnover of the good immortals. There wasnt 1 name that i recognized and it was then trying to find one that i could find to make a character align with.

2. Playerbase. In four years the amount of players on, and what was available for allies and enemies has really diminished. You either took risks exploring by yourself when you need it was too much for one character or just rank until you work yourself out of something to do.

3. Human Paladin. I am not sure if it was because I rolled this paladin out without virtues, but i couldnt bring him to substance and a pk threat like my previous characters. I tried to mirror my previous builds but i just couldnt get him to a place where he had the health and damage output to make people worries. Temperance and hope virtues are a huge boon to this and makes it a bit of a challenge when your playing a warrior without Specs.

Thank you to everyone involved, Ignolmeer, I know we couldnt always align times but thank you for the first empowerment anyways.

Werthius

wareagleTue 11-Apr-17 11:49 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130832, "RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..."
In response to Reply #1

When you came to the shrine to speak with me and were told to return in an hour (because RL around dinner time isn't a good time) you then spent another 3 hours or so on but do not come back... Ignolmeer isn't going to chase you down. You come or do not that is your choice.

Damn.

I get it RP wise, but why are you guys doing stuff like that?

So someone comes to shrine and you say come back in hour.

Why can't you find RP reason to go back to that person?

It's so crazy in a time that we are playing with all of Krilcov's alts that you guys won't go a little out of your ways to make #### happen.

Seriously, I don't want you to feel bad about this but when you say Ignolmeer won't chase you down but you already told the guy to come back in an hour with the dinner comment, I can only comment as an observer.

Carrion Fields is something I talk about pretty frequently but it's becoming more and more past tense and more and more a joke.

Edansyr (Anonymous)Wed 12-Apr-17 09:11 AM
Charter member
#130834, "RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..."
In response to Reply #3

I did come back. 1 Hour later, and 2 hours later, and i think i tried one last time before i called it quits at the end of that 3 hours.

IgnolmeerWed 12-Apr-17 09:53 PM
77 posts
#130839, "You never once prayed after the first time or even invo..."
In response to Reply #5

n/t

LhydiaThu 13-Apr-17 06:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#130840, "Soooo you're saying it's possible he came back. "
In response to Reply #10

If I knew someone had told me to come back in an hour and I went back, I'd be assuming they were already snooping and would just continue the interaction.

If someone tells me 'Meet you at the Library in an hour' I'm going to assume they'll meet me there on time without the need for me to call them first.

JavaThu 13-Apr-17 07:55 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#130841, "Oh don't be ridiculous."
In response to Reply #11

If someone told you to meet them at the Library, and they weren't there when you got there, you would call them literally 100% of the time. You wouldn't just shrug your shoulders and leave.

If this guy came back an hour later and didn't pray, then I don't know what he was thinking. That's just dumb and lazy on his part.

Could the whole situation have been handled better? Probably. But the fact that Ignolmeer actually responded and gave him a time to come back, instead of just ignoring it is worthy of kudos in my book.

LhydiaThu 13-Apr-17 07:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#130842, "Reading is hard. n/t"
In response to Reply #12

gr

Another Ignaught (Anonymous)Wed 12-Apr-17 09:58 AM
Charter member
#130835, "RE: Good Paladin, Good Maran, but let me break down the..."
In response to Reply #3

Honestly, if my God told me to come back in an hour I'd be waiting at the shrine after 45 mins. Do you want to immteract or not? If the answer is yes then why does the the imm have to hold someone's hand so much? He said be back in an hour, no matter who it is you as a follower should be there (so long as your own time allows). If you'd rather rank than talk to your deity why should they force you to do otherwise, or come asking for you?

KstatidaWed 12-Apr-17 10:08 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130836, "I'd be sitting there for an hour, cleaning my gun"
In response to Reply #6

But everyone is different.

Another Ignaught (Anonymous)Wed 12-Apr-17 12:06 PM
Charter member
#130837, "Exactly"
In response to Reply #7

And of course you right, not everyone is the same. I have sat in a shrine for hours, praying at increasing intervals of 20 mins (20 min, 40 min, 60 min, etc, so as not to annoy other imms too much) and not heard back. I wasn't upset, I just had to realize that it wasn't a time when imm X was on. With Ignolmeer I sent a note saying when I was going to be around for the next week and the next day he saw me. Patience and communication.

IgnolmeerWed 12-Apr-17 09:52 PM
77 posts
#130838, "I didn't explain the reason. I simply said to come bac..."
In response to Reply #3

Unless there is a situation that required a total OOC comment, I'm going to stay IC.

Also, as far as hunting people down... IC it's not Ignolmeers way. OOC if I see them hunting and PKing with other mortals, I'm not going to but in. It's how they choose to spend there free time. Just like I'm choosing to spend my free time this way.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130805 Previous topic | Next topic