Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ryh the Grand Master of Changelin..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130729
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Mar-17 05:12 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130729, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ryh the Grand Master of Changelings, Harbinger of Thar-Eris"

Fri Mar 24 02:01:16 2017

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Ryh perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:192

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jakhu (Anonymous)Sun 26-Mar-17 03:52 AM
Charter member
#130745, "Stonefox!"
In response to Reply #0

I certainly echo the sentiment, it was an absolute pleasure logging in to see you running around. Jakhu certainly saw you as this hard little creature that you'd snap a tooth on if you tried to eat it but appreciated the cunning way you used your forms to hunt. Stonefox was definitely an affectionate name and I am glad that you got as much enjoyment from the character as you did. Good luck with your next, I'm sure it will be as classy as Ryh.

Jakhu

AndrlosSat 25-Mar-17 06:49 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2004
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130741, "This went off the rails spectacularly."
In response to Reply #0

Mostly when I was made Harbinger. I was having fun, picking fights, planning on writing a role eventually (I had one in mind, just never got around to writing it out). Whichever imm decided the the guy with no role and no immexp should be Harbinger, I'm really not sure what you were thinking? I mean, I enjoyed coming back to the old stomping grounds, and all, but I had been absolutely certain Amaya would be getting Harbinger.

Forms were awesome. Maybe a little too suited for my playstyle (hella conservative). Howler Monkey, Fox, Mantis, Leech ended up being a just about perfect set, so long as I didn't intend to actually kill anyone solo.

Monkey: Dodged and hit (PvE, at least) like a dream, chestbeat was great. Smash was good damage and inconsistent lag. The deafen had a terrible success rate and (I think) a 0 hour timer, never really used it. Pummel though, I'm not certain what the purpose is. Four rounds of lag for 3 EVISCERATES vs. two rounds of lag for a potential ***DEVA with lag? It just didn't pump out enough damage to even function as a closer over smash. My only form with forage, really made me wait for that.

Fox: Detects were awesome. Run + windwalk was awesome. I probably should have spent the EPs for tearing jaws at some point, but just ended up sitting on them.

Mantis: A crippled air form? This felt like a trap some times, I'd want to fly around but the lag on moving in the air was such it was just faster to run. Never got destroyed by a real air shifter, though, and only fell out of the sky once.

Leech: Minor regen + bloodletting. Definitely a fan.

Imms:
I think Ryh had three or four interactions with y'all. The fire giant in the Aturi Timberlands, being made Harbinger, and a very brief conversation with Ishuli and getting kicked out of her Shrine.

-Outlander-

My old home. Maybe I won't be away for so long this time. If there's a problem with the cabal structure, it would be the independently minded characters. I genuinely like the RP side where most don't even group up for raids and then scatter to the corners of Thera afterwards. But it does make for some potentially boring logins with a cabal scattered around each doing their own thing. I think most of the current crop has passed me by, and with the recent deletions the remaining standouts are...

Gwildaththea: Thanks for the induct. You've been around forever. Hopefully you can get some more goodies in the Tree, it really is an odd balance. Not a huge IC fan of the some of the relationships you had with paladins, but Ryh was content to let you deal with most goodies.

Jakhu: Just an absolute pleasure to be logged in with you. I *almost* set Stonefox as lastname because of you.

A couple of past Outlanders:

Murmyak: Ryh was never intended to be the voice of wisdom. The hungry-earth-eating-everyone bit was supposed to be a statement of bloodthirst, though it tended towards fatalistic after I realized I lacked the forms/skills/whatever to actually pull it off. I had been contemplating deletion for a while, and had hoped you might make a good Harbinger.

Amaya: I meant it when I said it, and still believe it. You should have been Harbinger, not me.

Seldszar: You got burned pretty hard.

Kirwin: Between you, me, Amaya, and Seldszar, it was a fun group coming up through the ranks. Not really sure what happened to you, but I was jealous of how consistent the gorilla's smashes lagged.

Zoenad and Panitorop: Had no idea the two midbie applicants I was bringing gear to were going to become the pair of you. It was a heavy blow to the Refuge when you both deleted so close together.

Thanks to the air shifters and druids who let my mantis follow them for faster flights.

-Fortress-

As this point, I don't recall many. I tended to put paladins fairly low on my list of priorities to come after, and despite early antagonism to dwarves, didn't bother hunting them at all. That said, I didn't feel any real need to pursue an alliance with the Fort, and didn't hesitate to jump in when y'all attacked a Reaver.

-Empire-

Glikhardiz: Even running Resilience, there was just no way I could keep up with your maladicts. Solo, gangs, it didn't matter. I was going to lose. I did get pretty good for a while at hit-and-run retrievals, but you're a beast.

-Scarab-

Undaraxyl: Scary, intimidating. Everything a mummy should be. Had always hoped I could get enough burst damage on you with feral rage. Never did. That time at the Fortress was unintentional, and they didn't call me in. What happened there was they had told me they had the Icon, I saw you heading west near Hamsah, and many minutes later I was looking for you and happened to fly over the Fort.

Zixtarra: You had my number every. Damn. Time. No matter how much svspell I had, every one of our fights seemed to be plague/energy drain/energy drain, and I'm sitting in some random teleport destination for 50 ticks. Much respect for when I fell out of the sky over eastern and got back to my corpse with you standing over it, saying that I had a number of things you wanted but wanted to get them from me properly.

-Tribunal-

Orsil: Congrats on imming. You seemed good, and monks can ridiculous.

Saxonjachs: I recall you incorrectly flagged me once (I hit the Captain to retrieve and was flagged for it), but it wasn't as though Ryh was going to care about it. Fox wasn't a good match-up for you, but stacking maladictions wasn't a good one for me. Generally you seemed willing to fight in the city, and wouldn't flee after a round elsewhere.

Paelthar: I saw you posted the log of my howler monkey destroying your wasp in the Frigid Wastes. Here's the kicker: I was slowed for that fight.

-Rager-

Ryh just didn't care about your war. He didn't really have to worry about getting caught after heroing, and he didn't feel any solidarity with other mages.

Oxias: I suspect between you and Glikhardiz are 1/3 of my deaths.

Zinzsar: That death to you in the Hamsah cells was hilarious.

-Entropy-

Delia: I liked you. As a blunt-vuln Outlander, with your forms, I definitely wanted to stay on your good side.

-Other-

Kanlax: Always enjoyed our interactions. Never knew when you might pop up, but usually pretty glad when you did. Highly impressed you survived to see the new batch of centaurs.

--

Sorry to any I forgot. This was a fun return to Outlander and having a semi-successful character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130729 Previous topic | Next topic