Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Natesthal El'alanthalantha the Amb..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130504
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 27-Feb-17 01:00 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130504, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Natesthal El'alanthalantha the Ambassador of the Citadel, Marshall of the Fortress"

Mon Feb 27 11:56:01 2017

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Natesthal perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:195

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Suspected it was you, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 28-Feb-17 12:28 AM, #16
Reply Heh..., Twist, 28-Feb-17 12:51 AM, #18
Reply Great leader., Athioles, 27-Feb-17 10:50 PM, #14
Reply Thanks..., Twist, 28-Feb-17 12:49 AM, #17
Reply Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..., Twist, 27-Feb-17 01:20 PM, #1
     Reply You ####er., TMNS, 27-Feb-17 02:41 PM, #2
     Reply I tried..., Twist, 27-Feb-17 10:03 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 27-Feb-17 02:23 PM, #3
     Reply I'll add one comment, Magistrate_Dude (Anonymous), 27-Feb-17 07:25 PM, #4
     Reply Some Marans..., k-b, 27-Feb-17 08:28 PM, #6
     Reply This is well said, Twist, 27-Feb-17 09:27 PM, #8
     Reply I've been both..., Twist, 27-Feb-17 09:24 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..., Oxias D (Anonymous), 27-Feb-17 08:09 PM, #5
     Reply Yep, I did., Twist, 27-Feb-17 09:28 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..., Orsil (Anonymous), 27-Feb-17 10:04 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..., Twist, 28-Feb-17 12:52 AM, #19
     Reply RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..., Jormyr, 27-Feb-17 10:33 PM, #12
     Reply Heh..., Twist, 28-Feb-17 12:54 AM, #20
          Reply RE: Heh..., Jormyr, 28-Feb-17 02:35 AM, #23
               Reply That would've been cool, but...., Twist, 28-Feb-17 12:16 PM, #25
                    Reply RE: That would've been cool, but...., Jormyr, 28-Feb-17 04:38 PM, #27
     Reply We didn't talk much (tragedies of character conception)..., Ryh (Anonymous), 27-Feb-17 10:44 PM, #13
     Reply I didn't know what to make of you, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 27-Feb-17 10:53 PM, #15
     Reply You took me to school a bit, Twist, 28-Feb-17 12:56 AM, #21
          Reply RE: You took me to school a bit, Barafel (Anonymous), 28-Feb-17 01:52 AM, #22
     Reply MHUAHAHAHAHA, Glikhardiz (Anonymous), 28-Feb-17 07:30 AM, #24
     Reply I'm not sure what time on the Open Sea you mean..., Twist, 28-Feb-17 02:49 PM, #26
          Reply 2nded NT, Kstatida, 01-Mar-17 06:46 AM, #30
     Reply Thanks for a solid good character., Ignolmeer, 28-Feb-17 04:49 PM, #28
     Reply Good stuff, man., Kleiran (Anonymous), 28-Feb-17 09:35 PM, #29
     Reply Really, I'm finally on Team Twist and I end up deleting..., Onewingedangel, 06-Mar-17 10:56 AM, #31

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-17 12:28 AM
Charter member
#130521, "Suspected it was you"
In response to Reply #0

When a char just straight up owns the opposition, I always think Nep/Twist. I suspect Nep doesn't play anymore, so that leaves you.

We had good rapport without ganging I think, which is the way you prefer it and I support. Sorta coordinating raids, but not really. With you on, the codex and the icon would not be at their homes.

Deadly as always, good luck with your next!

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 12:51 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130524, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #16

...the first time you sent me a tell with your "catchphrase" I nearly channeled Alizabaz and told you where to stuff it.

Then I remembered I wasn't evil nightreaver anymore, I was lowbie elfguy.

AthiolesMon 27-Feb-17 10:49 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#130519, "Great leader."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 27-Feb-17 10:50 PM

You getting STSF charged to cut off in 3 rounds versus me was enough for me to swear off giant warriors for another 5 years. I guess it's only fair after the Naz throwfest.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the new edge system now that you've had a few leaders under it.

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 12:49 AM
3431 posts
#130523, "Thanks..."
In response to Reply #14

>You getting STSF charged to cut off in 3 rounds versus me was
>enough for me to swear off giant warriors for another 5 years.
>I guess it's only fair after the Naz throwfest.

You and the invoker together were a scary combination for me - and typically I'm not scared of non-sword giant warrior as elf STSF that has any amount of damredux.

>I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the new edge system now
>that you've had a few leaders under it.

See my post on the gameplay board.

TwistMon 27-Feb-17 01:20 PM
3431 posts
#130505, "Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..."
In response to Reply #0

Rolled this guy a short while after deleting Alizabaz. Had more success in most every aspect. Good align is easier in many ways. Yes, you sometimes have to deal with group/cabalmates that make mistakes - maybe more often than when you play evil. But you also get an opportunity to help those players without it being poor RP.

So yeah, very similar build, but taking Flow of Shadows (instead of the accidental Fluid Deceptions) was really a pretty big deal. I never really worried about getting completely command-denied, even by two who could do so.

I still died plenty, but mostly to my own mistakes, not sigil throw throw throw.

STSF - nice on an elf as always. Shines way more on a dagger (or sword) spec than a spec that doesn't do damage-on-defense (spear, for instance).
FLOW - first time taking it. 5/7 would recommend again.

Leader weapon - nodisarm=awesome. Really heavy for a dagger though - almost always ended up losing my dual wield due to strength loss, even with a really light one, because the leader weapon was over 10 pounds.

HTH - useful in some circumstances. Main reason for taking was to try to keep weight down (so no extra weapons) for dodging.

Logs - I have logs of pretty much every login, and plan to post fights that were interesting in some fashion.

Goodbyes:
Fortress: I started out trying to help each of you gain some prep knowledge that it seemed a lot of you didn't have. Especially when I first started and my standard login time (evenings US) was Empire-o-clock. I have to be honest, once evenings US started being less Empire and more Fort, I slacked wayyy off on that - so some of you newer guys didn't get as much love there. Sorry about that. Thaedan, I was glad you got made Captain, since you seem competent in PK and knowledgeable about how a Maran should act. Also so I felt less guilty about my increasingly diminishing login times. Kleiran, we made a good team. Others - sorry I'm not giving you each your own line, but there were a lot of you that have come and gone, and I enjoyed pretty much every single one of you.

Enemies: I don't have time right now to list out everyone, sorry. Maybe later. In general, all enemies were super cool. Special shout-out to Garfuka for taking the stupidity of concealed-against-an-orc in stride. It doesn't help at all, I'm sure, but there ARE builds that daggerSTSFelf just sucks against. Orcs are just not one of them.

Imms: Iggy, thanks for all the love. I enjoyed our talks - I feel like I understand your religion way better now than when I approved you to go forward with it as Twist. Jormyr, thanks for the RPing - some I know of (the Inn), some I'm only guessing at (cabal inners throwing out weird stuff (and yelling) so you know it isn't the standard prog).

Everyone else: There were tons of chars that I only briefly interacted with, as they weren't someone I was hunting or actively helping. However, characters like yours make CF feel more alive and populated. Thanks for all the interactions.

TMNSMon 27-Feb-17 02:17 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#130506, "You ####er."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 27-Feb-17 02:41 PM

Can't we ever be on the same side?!?!?!

Last time I remember was Mochodin + Laesron, and that was like 5 years ago.

God dammit.

PS Natesthal looked solid as hell.

TwistMon 27-Feb-17 10:03 PM
3431 posts
#130515, "I tried..."
In response to Reply #2

If I recall correctly, I deleted Alizabaz and was planning on rolling Fort to help out that hapless dwarf that I saw eating so many of the same types of death that I had.

Then you deleted. Heh.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Mon 27-Feb-17 02:23 PM
Charter member
#130507, "RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm a Natesthal fan boy. Big time. I was consistently amazed at how you could wade into fights where I was sure you were going die, only to emerge victorious.

I have some thoughts and suggestions of my own w.r.t. Maran powers that I plan to share once I'm gone. We can compare notes then.

Suffice it to say the next Marshall has some big shoes to fill.

Magistrate_Dude (Anonymous)Mon 27-Feb-17 07:25 PM
Charter member
#130508, "I'll add one comment"
In response to Reply #1

I respected you sticking to your guns with respect to Tribunal jurisdiction. Never ceases to amaze me how marans will stop trying to kill evil when they step into a protected city.

You were definitely not one of those marans.

k-bMon 27-Feb-17 08:28 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#130510, "Some Marans..."
In response to Reply #4

Also understand that when they get WANTED, they put other people at risk. Whether that be guards (many who happen to be good aligned) or groupmates when traveling with the WANTED character.

It's one of those grey areas where no one is absolutely correct. It's up to you as a player to do what your character would do.

TwistMon 27-Feb-17 09:27 PM
3431 posts
#130512, "This is well said"
In response to Reply #6

Natesthal probably killed...5? Good aligned guards while WANTED and I tried to (briefly, as I was usually hunting/running from evildudes) RP some disgust with myself about it. I'm sure I failed at that sometimes though.

As to putting groupmates at risk, I was always trying to tell them (especially Kleiran) not to aid me in any way while I was WANTED and in the city. Kleiran would just snort, sanc me, and start healing me.

But yeah, there's no cut-and-dried wrong/right answer, IMO.

TwistMon 27-Feb-17 09:24 PM
3431 posts
#130511, "I've been both..."
In response to Reply #4

Often my Marans are of the belief that neutral is nearly as sacrosanct as good, and killing a neutral who is "just doing his job" is starting down the path the Dark Side.

Natesthal's backstory was such that he had kind of "had enough" of Orderly behavior, so Invoker guildguard or Spire Captain - didn't matter, you were stopping me from killing evildude.

Smarter evil tribs started hiding in the Paladin guild toward the end...

Oxias D (Anonymous)Mon 27-Feb-17 08:09 PM
Charter member
#130509, "RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..."
In response to Reply #1

Pretty sure you helped me rank up some in Maethien by yourself way back when. That was super cool especially because I wasn't expecting it. And from there on out we had a pretty solid, respectful relationship, even if our dogmas put us at odds every so often. It always just felt like we understood what each other stood for and that was all part of it. Thankfully we were in opposition only a few times because you were tough as hell. Always way better having you as an ally than foe.

And yeah I wasn't trying to mislead you about who had the codex that time. I just didn't realize Zin (I think) went and grabbed it.

It always exciting to learn you played with a Twist character because they're always pretty awesome. Be fun to see what you got coming next.

TwistMon 27-Feb-17 09:28 PM
3431 posts
#130513, "Yep, I did."
In response to Reply #5

I was bored, you were non-evil and we didn't have any magi logged in, so I decided to offer. I knew in-hero-range-but-not-hero rager often sucks, and figured we'd be allies more often than enemies in the future.

And I knew you were just mistaken about the Codex, but had to give you a hard time about it.

Orsil (Anonymous)Mon 27-Feb-17 10:04 PM
Charter member
#130516, "RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..."
In response to Reply #1

I had a good time interacting with you. Orsil was very concerned with the way things were going under Asriel. It all worked out in the wash though. GLWYN

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 12:52 AM
3431 posts
#130525, "RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..."
In response to Reply #11

>I had a good time interacting with you. Orsil was very
>concerned with the way things were going under Asriel. It all
>worked out in the wash though. GLWYN

Yeah it was a nice conversation in the Citadel with you. I was glad you didn't come in with demands/requests that I tell everyone to stop attacking in town or something that I had to be like "Um, no." to.

JormyrMon 27-Feb-17 10:33 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#130517, "RE: Fun, but tapered off a lot at the end..."
In response to Reply #1

>Imms: Iggy, thanks for all the love. I enjoyed our talks - I
>feel like I understand your religion way better now than when
>I approved you to go forward with it as Twist. Jormyr,
>thanks for the RPing - some I know of (the Inn), some I'm only
>guessing at (cabal inners throwing out weird stuff (and
>yelling) so you know it isn't the standard prog).

Heh, glad it's enjoyed. I feel like it's one of the simplest ways to make CF come "alive" to have the assorted NPCs we typically take for granted actually be part of the experience. I generally try not to get too involved when there's people on both sides, though I have to admit I felt less guilt at times when I'd do something and you'd slice through it like a hot knife through butter

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 12:54 AM
3431 posts
#130526, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #12

re: Scarab inner you actually drove us off pretty good, but then we just came back later.

re: Dern I don't consider it bad RP for Maran (elf) Marshall to be like "Ok, crazy dwarf, you attacked me, you're going to need to be put down." but once you started having him rampage through Teth Azeleth, then it was like "Yeah, ok, we gotta let him do his thing and take as much of this evil out as we can."

Besides - my dwarf fellow Maran needed phat lewtz.

JormyrTue 28-Feb-17 02:35 AM
422 posts
#130529, "RE: Heh..."
In response to Reply #20

Hah, forgot the Dern one. I definitely get that, though I think everyone knows it's stretching things for gameplay to kill off crazed imprisoned dwarf. I had actually hoped you two would have "helped" him escape the Underdark. If he'd have made it out w/ your two's help, I was going to have him strip naked and run out into the glorious world above. Was kinda sad I didn't get to do that.

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 12:16 PM
3431 posts
#130534, "That would've been cool, but...."
In response to Reply #23

...it wouldn't have worked out very well for you. Dern's gear is cursed, so it would have been you trying to have him strip and then realizing he can't without each piece of gear getting uncursed...a little awkward...

JormyrTue 28-Feb-17 04:38 PM
422 posts
#130539, "RE: That would've been cool, but...."
In response to Reply #25

Hah, yeah, I haven't done dwarf to know. But hey...Strip down to skivvies in freedom excitement...Off screen canoewhack and corpse sac...Same diff, right?

Ryh (Anonymous)Mon 27-Feb-17 10:44 PM
Charter member
#130518, "We didn't talk much (tragedies of character conception)..."
In response to Reply #1

But you always seemed to be diving into fights.

Much respect. I may have also punched you over Panitorop, but I'm less certain over that. I mean, someone in the Fort got punched.

I always liked the Fort members who accepted Outlander as allies of convenience, and nothing more.

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Mon 27-Feb-17 10:53 PM
Charter member
#130520, "I didn't know what to make of you"
In response to Reply #1

I saw you blitz up through the ranks and the progression of your titles and it made me think you were "that guy". The model Maran who does everything right and lacks any hitches. But you weren't all that bland in the end. I also did notice your conflict about being wanted. And I'm probably missing a lot of the picture looking from the outside.

We PK'd together but didn't really have any long talks. After joining the faith, since you were the closest Ignolmeer had to a high priest, naturally I should've gone to you for guidance and all that, but to some degree, Kanlax still saw you as "that young boy" and he rather felt *you* needed *his* guidance. Sometimes eternal youth is a disadvantage

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 12:56 AM
3431 posts
#130527, "You took me to school a bit"
In response to Reply #15

In terms of gear/area knowledge (especially Whistlewood - I've never bothered to really learn that place).

Thanks for making the trade early on. I kept that piece of gear until I deleted.

And that last fight we had together - UGH why were so many of us bashing/throwing/shieldbashing? Geez.

Because I suck, that's why.

Barafel (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-17 01:52 AM
Charter member
#130528, "RE: You took me to school a bit"
In response to Reply #21

That fight should never ever be mentioned again. But thanks for the induct, we never really spoke after that, seemed you just logged on and if no baddies were awake, logged out. Makes sense now though.

Glikhardiz (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-17 07:30 AM
Charter member
#130531, "MHUAHAHAHAHA"
In response to Reply #1

Weakling!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

That time on the open sea - it was cowardly!

GLWYN

TwistTue 28-Feb-17 02:49 PM
3431 posts
#130536, "I'm not sure what time on the Open Sea you mean..."
In response to Reply #24

...but I definitely treat your characters with a healthy dose of wariness/respect, so it wouldn't surprise me if I withdrew earlier than I normally would.

That said, it seems to me that you do the same. You are able to quickly gauge whether the fight is going to go your way and have no reservations against getting out early, just to come back again later.

I think your pk prowess brings a lot to the game. I just wish two things:

1. You could RP a different sort of character. Every single one is essentially your forum personality in a CF character. You do "you" very well. And maybe you HAVE done others, and I simply didn't know it was you, because, well, you weren't acting like your normal character.

2. You'd drop the conspiracy theories.

Ok, three things - I wish I was as skilled at PK as you.

KstatidaWed 01-Mar-17 06:46 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130545, "2nded NT"
In response to Reply #26

NT

IgnolmeerTue 28-Feb-17 04:49 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
#130540, "Thanks for a solid good character."
In response to Reply #1

Interactions with solid characters is always a fun time. I am glad that I was able to open your mind to the ways of the citadel.

Your intentions to teach others prep knowledge and other things was spot on with Ignolmeer's charge to make the world a better place than how you found it. I know there are a few players now better prepared against the elite.

Feel free to come back when I have more time

Kleiran (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-17 09:35 PM
Charter member
#130542, "Good stuff, man."
In response to Reply #1

You sharing so much knowledge was really awesome, man. I wish I could have got more into battles in with you, but I have no time to devote to CF lately.

On a side note, I really liked the chaotic nature of the Fort when you were around. People seemed to have a problem with us being wanted, but I never understood why. I get paladins needing to be on the lawful side, but...

Anyway, I hope I get to interact with another one of you characters when I get some more time to play.

OnewingedangelMon 06-Mar-17 10:56 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#130580, "Really, I'm finally on Team Twist and I end up deleting..."
In response to Reply #1

Loved when you got on. Sometimes changed the tide drastically.

Sephira, btw, in case I'm easily forgotten.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130504 Previous topic | Next topic