Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Selvuglewuiz the Dweller of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130022
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 08-Jan-17 05:28 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130022, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Selvuglewuiz the Dweller of the Wilds"

Sun Jan 8 16:25:51 2017

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Selvuglewuiz perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:105

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply If you were a Plains Explorer Defender...I hate you so ..., TMNS, 08-Jan-17 09:57 PM, #1
     Reply I was, thank you for the hate., Abernyte, 09-Jan-17 11:17 AM, #2
          Reply Yeah, that's a dream build of mine. How'd you like it?, TMNS, 09-Jan-17 01:45 PM, #3
               Reply Yes, yes he was. n/t, Ryh (Anonymous), 09-Jan-17 02:16 PM, #4
               Reply Heh, shame on you two outlanders...shame!, Abernyte, 09-Jan-17 05:48 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Heh, shame on you two outlanders...shame!, Ryh (Anonymous), 09-Jan-17 07:20 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Yeah, that's a dream build of mine. How'd you like..., Abernyte, 09-Jan-17 05:46 PM, #5
                    Reply Yeah, I think explorer might be a better build., TMNS, 09-Jan-17 06:12 PM, #7
                    Reply I've done gnome plains explorer, incognito, 10-Jan-17 02:49 AM, #9
                         Reply In BATTLE?, TMNS, 10-Jan-17 08:35 AM, #10
                         Reply RE: In BATTLE?, Destuvius, 10-Jan-17 10:41 AM, #11
                              Reply All good points. However..., TMNS, 10-Jan-17 10:50 AM, #12
                              Reply PS Do any defenders even still use double-block?!?!?!, TMNS, 10-Jan-17 11:14 AM, #14
                              Reply RE: In BATTLE?, Kstatida, 10-Jan-17 12:30 PM, #15
                                   Reply Can't use call lightning in Battle, Boris., TMNS, 10-Jan-17 12:46 PM, #17
                                        Reply But I'm sure you can imbue ranger staff, right?, Kstatida, 10-Jan-17 12:57 PM, #19
                                             Reply Actually Boris, maybe you're not drunk enough :), TMNS, 10-Jan-17 12:59 PM, #20
                         Reply PS I did welf plains explorer and yes, they are terribl..., TMNS, 10-Jan-17 10:53 AM, #13
                              Reply I'm pretty sure I can do a badass welf plains explorer, Kstatida, 10-Jan-17 12:36 PM, #16
                                   Reply Not really. No snare means sadface., TMNS, 10-Jan-17 12:47 PM, #18
                                        Reply I think you have a wrong concept of kill sealing, Kstatida, 10-Jan-17 01:19 PM, #21

TMNSSun 08-Jan-17 09:57 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130026, "If you were a Plains Explorer Defender...I hate you so ..."
In response to Reply #0

If not disregard!

AbernyteMon 09-Jan-17 11:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#130030, "I was, thank you for the hate."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 09-Jan-17 11:17 AM

Only joking, I was a plains hunter defender

TMNSMon 09-Jan-17 01:45 PM
2670 posts
#130032, "Yeah, that's a dream build of mine. How'd you like it?"
In response to Reply #2

The Plains Explorer Defender part.

I imagine Hunter plays slightly different.

Were you able to heal to full from convulsing in about 3 ticks?

Ryh (Anonymous)Mon 09-Jan-17 02:16 PM
Charter member
#130033, "Yes, yes he was. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

Still yep.

AbernyteMon 09-Jan-17 05:48 PM
975 posts
#130035, "Heh, shame on you two outlanders...shame!"
In response to Reply #4

ONLY joking, it was fun to really test Vugle's survivability with you and the druid even if you both had 8-9 ranks on me

Good luck with Harbinger.

Ryh (Anonymous)Mon 09-Jan-17 07:20 PM
Charter member
#130037, "RE: Heh, shame on you two outlanders...shame!"
In response to Reply #6

Hey now, I only hit you because you'd ambushed me many, many before levels before (and happened to have a memorable name and build). It wasn't until later I learned you were a villager from the druid.

Went in on Kiadana, got you to flee just as the druid walked in, figured things were going well and found you healing up in the plains... and got brutalized. That home terrain bonus is no joke.

Didn't know how you were ever going to land a kill but I was rooting for you.

AbernyteMon 09-Jan-17 05:46 PM
975 posts
#130034, "RE: Yeah, that's a dream build of mine. How'd you like..."
In response to Reply #3

I liked the healing part a lot. It was a first character back for me in over a year so I went ranger as it allows me to camo and go afk if I need to and I went battle because it always felt like my first home in CF (though now, not so much). Plains defender was all about the survivability and hunter helped with that as well. I had about 1050hp at hero and could go from near death, poisoned, plagued and bleeding to full health and free of those maledictions in 2 ticks, maybe 3.

Hunters still lack any decent lag....maybe give them legsweep when using a bow or staff/spear....it would fit with the build and style....anyway, I liked the build and would have continued playing but an Imm removed the joy from the character by painting him in a poor light so I went wreckless, picked a few fights in bad terrain, letting the invoker gel everywhere and still fighting....until I died then I deleted.

Maybe next time I will go gnome plains, explorer and make use of dual wield!

TMNSMon 09-Jan-17 06:12 PM
2670 posts
#130036, "Yeah, I think explorer might be a better build."
In response to Reply #5

Mostly because, as you said, dual wield.

Though the build to me always was a "Probably won't get many kills" build. Like a village bard

incognitoTue 10-Jan-17 02:49 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130039, "I've done gnome plains explorer"
In response to Reply #5

I don't recommend it.

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 08:35 AM
2670 posts
#130040, "In BATTLE?"
In response to Reply #9

The build is specific to BATTLE.

The idea is that you're basically a village healer

DestuviusTue 10-Jan-17 10:41 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#130043, "RE: In BATTLE?"
In response to Reply #10

Imo a w-elf marsh explorer would work even better, and its one of my theory builds.

Bloodletting gives you a way to reduce the level of poison/plague/etc in order to help increase the chances of poultice curing it.

Swampmire juices your ability to stay alive huge.

Snare > Bramblepit

W-elf makes you way more survivable than gnome due to the huge dex increase, not to mention all the other passive fun perks of being w-elf over gnome.

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 10:50 AM
2670 posts
#130044, "All good points. However..."
In response to Reply #11

...the gnome plainsrunner explorer Defender build is a total support character.

Like, you'll really have no ability to seal kills at all. But between poultice/bandages/herbs/double-block, you'll be close to the ultimate support character for a BATTLE character (a comedic bard is probably the only thing better, to be honest).

I kinda came up with the build when I was looking at old logs of Sabiene (battle thief who HeroIMMd) and her title I think was "Battle Medic" or something like that. And I started to think "What's the ultimate BATTLE field medic?".

Plus, the gnome plainsrunner explorer doesn't really lose any skills/spells (except for entangle + call lightning) whereas some of the best aspects of Marshdweller (plague/poison staff, wasps, leeches, mosquitoes) aren't applicable in BATTLE.

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 11:14 AM
2670 posts
#130046, "PS Do any defenders even still use double-block?!?!?!"
In response to Reply #12

I loved that skill when I played my last defender.

KstatidaTue 10-Jan-17 12:30 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130047, "RE: In BATTLE?"
In response to Reply #11

>dex increase, not to mention all the other passive fun perks
>of being w-elf over gnome.

Like the level bonus on ranger staff and call lightning!

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 12:46 PM
2670 posts
#130049, "Can't use call lightning in Battle, Boris."
In response to Reply #15

I told you you're drunk. C'mon man.

KstatidaTue 10-Jan-17 12:57 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130051, "But I'm sure you can imbue ranger staff, right?"
In response to Reply #17

RIGHT?

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 12:59 PM
2670 posts
#130052, "Actually Boris, maybe you're not drunk enough :)"
In response to Reply #19

No, you cannot

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 10:53 AM
2670 posts
#130045, "PS I did welf plains explorer and yes, they are terribl..."
In response to Reply #9

NT

KstatidaTue 10-Jan-17 12:36 PM
2214 posts
#130048, "I'm pretty sure I can do a badass welf plains explorer"
In response to Reply #13

Just checked the skills - they have all the necessary aspects of it, including kill sealing.

TMNSTue 10-Jan-17 12:47 PM
2670 posts
#130050, "Not really. No snare means sadface."
In response to Reply #16

And if pursuit is your kill-sealing ability, I'd rather have marshdweller as a terrain since you get a better staff, more skills/spells/etc.

KstatidaTue 10-Jan-17 01:19 PM
2214 posts
#130053, "I think you have a wrong concept of kill sealing"
In response to Reply #18

Yes, snare is awesome for two-ambush tactics. But tactics are many. And as I've said, I'm quite sure I can do kill sealing with a w-elf.

Perhaps I would even try it when I decide which one of my other 10 characters to switch for it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130022 Previous topic | Next topic