Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129760
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Nov-16 07:52 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129760, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Nov 30 06:48:48 2016

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Garonav perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:110

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Felt like in a lot of ways you were Bron's padawan :), TMNS, 01-Dec-16 09:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..., Retan, 30-Nov-16 09:33 AM, #1
     Reply Damn., Kleiran (Anonymous), 30-Nov-16 10:02 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Damn., Retan, 30-Nov-16 10:29 AM, #3
     Reply GLWYN & re: religion , Ignolmeer, 30-Nov-16 02:36 PM, #4
     Reply RE: GLWYN & re: religion , Retan, 30-Nov-16 03:24 PM, #5
     Reply RE: GLWYN & re: religion , Jarmel, 02-Dec-16 12:25 AM, #12
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..., SideStrider, 01-Dec-16 10:05 AM, #6
     Reply Fun through suffering eh?, Kstatida, 01-Dec-16 11:12 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..., Retan, 01-Dec-16 02:18 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..., Zixtarra (Anonymous), 01-Dec-16 01:53 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..., Retan, 01-Dec-16 02:11 PM, #9

TMNSThu 01-Dec-16 09:41 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129784, "Felt like in a lot of ways you were Bron's padawan :)"
In response to Reply #0

Was glad to see you got Maran.

Sorry to see that the frustration continued.

GLWYN!

RetanWed 30-Nov-16 08:51 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
218 posts
#129762, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 30-Nov-16 09:33 AM

Well,

What to say about Garonav. He was a character to help me learn to PK. My entire goal was to get into fights and figure it out, because otherwise I suck lol. I had some help learning the ropes from a few people on Dios. Mostly questions about specs, legacies, and general tactics. I was at 8 CON when I deleted and knew there was no stopping the slide.

The focus was straight offense. Over/pincer/pincer/ Swap weapons/ flurry. Sadly I usually got Over/screw it Flurry, pincer or flee / run back to corpse. Its sad to say, but I agree that unless you are a major veteran with vast knowledge of preps and more experience with tactics, then Giants are dead. Dexterous races are the way to go now and I think I am finally done trying to make giant work.

Thanks and Goodbyes:

Ignolmeer:

Thanks for starting up the religion talks with me. Your religion seems extremely complex and interesting. I would have probably pushed more into it if I was not on a con slide from day 1. I read the scrolls and the book on fate but they didn’t help me focus on exactly where you wanted me to go with the religion itself. It didn’t turn me away, but made the act of coming to see you a bit more daunting. Maybe one of these days I will finally make an elf (I hate elves to be honest, Orcs are so much cooler) and try to wrap my head around your religion. Also, thanks for that meeting in your shrine. That was awesome and please promise you will do more of those meetings in the future.

The Beard:

Dude. You deleted RIGHT before we could have started doing something. WTF man lol. Thanks for all the help and I hope your enjoying your next.

Sephira:

Holy crap. Talk about fast moving. I was at hero almost before you joined the fortress, and you got not only maran the same day as me, but captain like 2 days later. Talk about fast track. I enjoyed our hunts and generally having sephira around. I knew I wasn’t going to get a leader spot just because of my con slide, and was happy to see you got it. Now stay active and don’t keep the spot by logging in once a month.

Aiwin:

I saw you one time in my entire life and it was at my interview. I know you play at different times to a point, but I play a full 8 hours one day every week(I work from home one day a week) from about 8am to 4pm and then again that night. If you’re not going to be active to induct and do the general duties of leadership then step down.

Kleiran:

Dude. The lone ranger of the Acolytes. You were awesome to play with and made me feel 20 foot tall and bullet proof. Keep trucking man. I had you pegged for Cardinal when we all made Maran at the meeting with Ignolmeer, but no movement on it yet. I noticed you got some help now which is cool. Keep at it and don’t give up hope

Loralyassa:

Why are you not a Maran? You should be freaking Marshall right now. From everything I could see you were exactly what a Marshall should be. Quick, decisive, and strong. Keep trucking and don’t give up hope.

Freun, Jotrik, Natshal, The assassin with a K that I cant remember how to spell, etc.:

Thanks for coming to help the fortress. It was really appreciated. Freun, we had a good couple of fights going our way many times.

Enemies:

Empire:

Really I didn’t get much of any RP out of any of you. Nazarates would spout some general Emperor “I’m better than you so bow down” crap at me, but not actually RP with me. Just Meh in general from you guys. Though Prasidia telling me about Sucking Skull was hilarious. Thank’s for that.

Scarab:

About the same as empire. I think Undraxl(No idea on spelling, only knew Und) and I had some good RP here and there, but Venara, Ikoxus, Malchazzar, Zixtarra, and Wehshak barely said three words to me between the 5 of them. It’s really a shame because:

1. I think the VOICE of the scarab should be a bit preachy to anyone with ears.

2. You are SO good at PK that it would just make your characters AMAZING if they were not all mutes.

Wabailla:

Thanks for letting me suicide on you there at the end. I knew I couldn’t beat you. There was no chance in hell, but I was done with the character and you were literally the ONLY evil person who would talk to me at all. So I gave you some PKWs for under your belt. I don’t know about any of the “shady dealings” that some people say you’re doing in an unchecked village, from what I saw you were deadly, and well RPed. Great job with that and keep up the awesome work.

I am not sure if I missed anyone else. Please just reply and I will comment back.

Also, I only had 1 edge for all you edge counters out there. It was Axe Murderer. I could have taken another, but I was waiting for a few different ones to come available.

Editted: Fixed some spacing issues and added a line to the first paragraph.

Kleiran (Anonymous)Wed 30-Nov-16 10:02 AM
Charter member
#129763, "Damn."
In response to Reply #1

I loved rolling with you, man. It was always fun when your were around. It's a real drag to see you go, but I understand if the frustration just gets in the way of having fun. It's funny, but when I started playing there were giants everywhere, but now it's like you can't compete unless your dex is at or over 23. Anyway, I need to learn warriors as well and I hope when I get around to rolling one I can have to same attitude that you did. Having players with the willingness to get their ass kicked and learn from it is really good for this game, I think. Good luck with you next.

RetanWed 30-Nov-16 10:28 AM
218 posts
#129765, "RE: Damn."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 30-Nov-16 10:29 AM

I enjoyed having you around too. Like I said, I felt bullet proof with you online, though our play times didn't match up well enough for us to do it all the time. You logged in about 1/2 an hour before it was my end time, so we got some stuff done, but not a whole lot.

I was kind of frustrated at hero range for the mere fact that I knew there was no way I was going to win unless I had a pocket healer and many times another person too (Sephira and Loralyassa were my big two)

This really showed that one day with Krobror, you and I just smashing Wehshak and then less then 5 minutes later Undraxl(still no idea how to spell your name, sorry). That was the highlight of Garonav's PK life.

You do me a favor and keep trucking. I check the leader boards every time I log in just waiting to see your name. Keep it up and just have fun!

IgnolmeerWed 30-Nov-16 02:35 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2016
77 posts
#129769, "GLWYN & re: religion "
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 30-Nov-16 02:36 PM

Warriors are a tricky beast and I have little experience, but what I do know is that the best way to learn them is to con-die with them a few times. Review what you and the other guys did. Sometimes you could not do anything, othertimes you can learn when you should have gotten out of Dodge. Survival is the step on the road to winning.

As far as the Ignolmeer's religion, at its core, is all about making the world a better place. Initial buy-in from Ignolmeer is easy, you have to have a plan to make the world a better place be it justice or judgement against evil, spreading knowledge, freeing the enslaved, or anything that you can think of that might fall under that scope, and then execute that plan. Being an Ambassador is about stepping up beyond that and making others better and teaching them to make the world a better place. Fate is rolled in there as the critical choices we are destined to make in our lives. We cannot avoid these choices, but we are free to choose how we will live our life. So when Garonav didn't return to Ignolmeer, and decide not to spread goodness and leadership, and focus on fighting evil that was his choice.

Hope that makes sense and again, GLWYN

RetanWed 30-Nov-16 03:24 PM
218 posts
#129770, "RE: GLWYN & re: religion "
In response to Reply #4

That totally makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. It will help on my next Iggy follower. After reading the scrolls I got the ideas of Leadership and even Cut and pasted them into a word doc so I could reference them in future conversations, but those conversations never came to fruition.

Either way, thank you again for the awesome first conversation and also that meeting. Everyone enjoyed the meeting even if Zurra Burned you pretty hard in it. (Damn Zurra, going for the throat in that one LOL)

JarmelFri 02-Dec-16 12:25 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#129785, "RE: GLWYN & re: religion "
In response to Reply #4

I have been trying to hold back but after 24 hrs I just cant do it.

He was no good at learning when you should have gotten out of Dodge because he only had 17 Dex.

#badjokes

I feel better now.

SideStriderThu 01-Dec-16 10:05 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2007
208 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#129779, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah I sort of agree about giants, as I'm currently one of the few folks playing one still. Fights with dex races are woefully one sided. Drives me bat sh*t crazy to get the drop on someone, wiff my skills repeatedly on them while they just dodge, dodge, evade, then have them chase me off because their autoskills are firing like a arsonist in a village made of straw, but hey I'm sticking it out why couldn't you? *JK*

But in all seriousness if y'all want this game to continue to last with the limited playerbase you need to figure something out. We've been reduced to a -->handful<-- of players who abuse broke tactics and will admit such in threads on the forums, yet it still happens. Nobody thinks of the fun of another player anymore it's only 'MOAR PK STATS!!!' and no RP. Players like Nazarates should be held to a higher accountability in the way they conduct themselves if they are going to hold a leadership position. Not just 'murder #1' Throw, throw, throw. "Join the Empire or die again." Leaders should be the driving forces behind RP, not the douchiest PKers in the game. It's not just you Naz. You were an example. I've encountered Aiwin, and countless outties that consistently conduct themselves the same way.

I actually wanted to fight with Goronav to see how giant on giant went, but when you were about you pretty consistently had atleast one other maran logged on with you ready to jump in and I'm always alone. That wouldn't have been a very good test.

Granted I also am terrible at PK and I always have been, but being a giant doesn't help matters these days. Even if I did choose another race it probably wouldn't personally help me out much lol, but I stick it out and try to grimace, bleed, and stomp out some RP to hopefully atleast give someone a giggle along the line. If I achieve that I atleast achieve some sort of contentment.

Always Remember even though it's a PK game, that's not the only motivator to enjoy your self.

GLWYN,
Strider

KstatidaThu 01-Dec-16 11:12 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129780, "Fun through suffering eh?"
In response to Reply #6

There's only one giant sticking out, so I suggest you become more aggressive if you want to become better at PK. It's not really about giants, cause your build has potential to wreck elves, but you don't seem to ever use it.

RetanThu 01-Dec-16 02:18 PM
218 posts
#129783, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #6

Pretty sure I know who you are, but either way.

I never got a good chance to fight you because it was always either Empire O'clock or Scarab O'clock. You never showed up for either of those so I Didn't really hunt you. I probably should have, but I didn't

Giant versus giant would have been interesting. I don't know your specs/legacies, but it would have bee neat to see.

Anyway Good Luck and keep on trucking!

Zixtarra (Anonymous)Thu 01-Dec-16 01:53 PM
Charter member
#129781, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #1

Aw. I attempted to RP with you a few times after I killed you, but I don't think you were ever in the mood after that and I never received any response.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your tenacity. I could tell you were new, but you definitely were not afraid and I really appreciated your willingness to constantly mix it up.

Sadly, it's true: Giants/str based races are pretty roughly outclassed at the moment.

I'll be looking forward to fighting your next dexy class of choice!

RetanThu 01-Dec-16 02:11 PM
218 posts
#129782, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Garonav Valen'toth the Legend ..."
In response to Reply #8

Hey thanks!

I guess I totally missed your comments or was focusing on something else when you said something. Sorry! I would have responded.

Its funny, because I am not new at all, just REALLY bad at PK. I spent most of my early years (98 - 2006) Just RPing and not really learning much about the game. I never even had a hero until 2010 after I got out of the military and returned to the game.

Zix didn't stand out to Garonav and me personally only because I had to deal with bactisum and . . .Growzar I think his name was. Its nothing bad about Zix or anything at all so please don't take it that way, but it was more or less "Oh look another Shaman for me to get plague from.... great." I thought I had a chance against you, but never really got to fight in the latter half of Garonav's short life span.

Thanks for the fighting and the fun, and keep on trucking!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #129760 Previous topic | Next topic