Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Peveuh Bregedon the Holy of Faith,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128810
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 07-Aug-16 07:00 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2024
17176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128810, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Peveuh Bregedon the Holy of Faith, Provincial Magistrate"

Sun Aug 7 06:59:04 2016

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Peveuh perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:131

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks Deormdel!, Peveuh (Anonymous), 07-Aug-16 08:56 AM, #1
     Reply damn it., Rokhwar (Anonymous), 07-Aug-16 10:29 AM, #2
     Reply For some reason the current (last year or so) rager cro..., TMNS, 07-Aug-16 03:56 PM, #3
          Reply The weapon loot policy is weird, not ragers, Kstatida, 08-Aug-16 11:47 AM, #4
               Reply Playing devil's advocate here, Murphy, 08-Aug-16 06:30 PM, #5
               Reply Yep. Why would I ever leave my enemy with anything?, TMNS, 08-Aug-16 07:13 PM, #6
               Reply I'm afraid I didn't get the meaning of this :(, Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 02:02 AM, #10
                    Reply I will go slower for your vodka-addled mind then :), TMNS, 09-Aug-16 02:31 PM, #17
                         Reply Got you, and I think you're wrong, Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 04:48 PM, #20
                              Reply Wow. A lot of stuff to get through here., TMNS, 09-Aug-16 05:02 PM, #24
                                   Reply 15 years, Murphy, 09-Aug-16 08:29 PM, #28
                                        Reply Yeah, I played on a MUD where the IMMs full-looted you ..., TMNS, 10-Aug-16 07:25 AM, #34
                                             Reply The point is I was playing another MUD, a CF clone actu..., Kstatida, 10-Aug-16 07:54 AM, #35
                                                  Reply At least on CF, there 100 players on 15 years ago., TMNS, 11-Aug-16 12:34 AM, #37
                                                       Reply This reasoning is totally valid, Kstatida, 11-Aug-16 04:29 AM, #38
               Reply Your hourly rate should be pretty low, Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 02:01 AM, #9
                    Reply Looks like you misunderstood everything I wrote. Le sig..., Murphy, 09-Aug-16 08:58 AM, #13
                         Reply Don't tell me you're seeing a person stomping on your s..., Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 09:08 AM, #14
                              Reply More like slipping ungracefully over my sarcasm., Murphy, 09-Aug-16 09:38 AM, #15
                                   Reply That's the matter of POV :), Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 10:46 AM, #16
               Reply Dude, you're a giant sword spec Nightreaver., TMNS, 08-Aug-16 07:14 PM, #7
               Reply Umm, where did I bitch?, Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 02:03 AM, #11
                    Reply Might be lost in translation., TMNS, 09-Aug-16 02:33 PM, #18
                         Reply Well it was more of a psychological analysis from my si..., Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 04:50 PM, #21
                              Reply Dude, I'm right there with you with prep-bag lootage., TMNS, 09-Aug-16 05:03 PM, #25
               Reply You do realize their power autoloots to pit weapons and..., CD, 08-Aug-16 08:26 PM, #8
                    Reply I don't realize it and generally I don't care, Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 02:10 AM, #12
                         Reply The game becomes less fun for *you.*, jalbrin, 09-Aug-16 04:47 PM, #19
                              Reply Sorry I thought it was called Carrion Fields for a reas..., Kstatida, 09-Aug-16 04:54 PM, #22
                                   Reply You didn't mention avoiding PK. You bitched about them ..., jalbrin, 09-Aug-16 05:00 PM, #23
                                   Reply I understand you're bitter about not being Russian, Kstatida, 10-Aug-16 03:45 AM, #30
                                        Reply Prep bags? This subthread ain't about prep bags, Natash..., jalbrin, 10-Aug-16 03:58 AM, #32
                                             Reply Dude, come back when you treat that phobia of yours, Kstatida, 10-Aug-16 05:53 AM, #33
                                                  Reply I'm sorry you can't remember what you posted yesterday...., jalbrin, 10-Aug-16 08:07 AM, #36
                                   Reply Um, if said Nightreaver always kills you..., TMNS, 09-Aug-16 05:04 PM, #26
                                   Reply It was not the case, Kstatida, 10-Aug-16 03:46 AM, #31
                                   Reply That being said, usually the only time I break role..., TMNS, 09-Aug-16 05:06 PM, #27
                                   Reply RE: If you don't want to PK, you go Heralds, Murphy, 09-Aug-16 08:32 PM, #29

Peveuh (Anonymous)Sun 07-Aug-16 08:56 AM
Charter member
#128811, "Thanks Deormdel!"
In response to Reply #0

I emailed you as well.

Thank you to whichever IMM has been reminding me over the last couple of weeks why it is important not to take this game seriously at all. I really did have more important things to be focusing on and I can go back to non-serious/non-time intensive characters now.

No real bad interactions other than the usual suspects.

Selionar, its awesome you were willing to promote me but please #### or get off the pot. I was super active for the last few weeks and I saw you maybe 3 times. Come on man, play or delete.

Super awesome shaman paths that I never even scratched the surface of power wise before deleting.

All enemies except Burwell were great. Pretty sure just because someone kills you at low levels and takes your weapons doesn't mean you as Commander get to treat a shaman like a mage and gang him down with transmuters while ignoring the transmuter? I would be on duty and you'd come into town to just cranial me to death, get all corpse, and leave? lolwut?

Rokhwar (Anonymous)Sun 07-Aug-16 10:29 AM
Charter member
#128812, "damn it."
In response to Reply #1

Man, I was looking forward to ongoing fights.

TMNSSun 07-Aug-16 03:55 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128816, "For some reason the current (last year or so) rager cro..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 07-Aug-16 03:56 PM

Same #### happened to me with my Trib (though I was a mage so I didn't mind as much).

But the villagers would be criminals. I'd kill them (or have guards kill them), loot their weapons and usually THAT'S ALL.

They would then threaten to full loot (and Chouinon nearly succeeded) just because I took their weapons. And they were criminals. And I'm literally bound by the rules of my cabal to take those weapons.

Lulz.

KstatidaMon 08-Aug-16 11:47 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128843, "The weapon loot policy is weird, not ragers"
In response to Reply #3

Warriors have a necessity of hoarding like 5-10 different weapons. And all of the sudden all those are looted by tribs who have no use for them. That's frustrating as hell and triggers full-looting attitude.

As Kaer I was deprived of my weapons and fulled by tribunals so many times I can't remember. Too bad that each time I've killed a culprit behind it I was hampered from messing with the corpse, because each time I was aiming for a well-deserved full-loot (I've never threatened it by the way, because that'd be breaking RP hard time, but I was definitely aiming for it).

Who cares about your cabal dogma? I'm not in your cabal, and from my perspective you're just an asshat who've dropped a heavy loot on me.

MurphyMon 08-Aug-16 06:18 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128846, "Playing devil's advocate here"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 08-Aug-16 06:30 PM

You only have two hands. You only need two weapons.
Who cares about your warrior insecurities? From my perspective you're just an asshat hoarding things you don't use.

To clarify -- you're justifying a full loot with something your character knows or cares or doesn't care about IC. Might as well full loot everyone then because IC that's the most sensible action.

TMNSMon 08-Aug-16 07:13 PM
2670 posts
#128852, "Yep. Why would I ever leave my enemy with anything?"
In response to Reply #5

That's why I hate that logic.

I also don't give a #### if you full loot, just don't try to justify it with piss poor RP that is attempting to make ME feel bad for doing something to you that fit with my character and cabal dogma.

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 02:02 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128872, "I'm afraid I didn't get the meaning of this :("
In response to Reply #6

#stupidESL

TMNSTue 09-Aug-16 02:31 PM
2670 posts
#128891, "I will go slower for your vodka-addled mind then :)"
In response to Reply #10

If we were looking at CF in a realistic way (which, honestly, you shouldn't...like ever), then if I kill my ENEMY, why would I EVER leave him ANYTHING in the corpse? I don't want my ENEMY to be able to get right back on his feet and kill my friends and allies.

So that's what I meant by the comment of 'Why would I leave them with anything?'. I'm not a fan of full loots, I've done it a total of 5 times in my CF career (and 2 of them were Quas lol). Why I will do occasionally, is say perhaps I'm playing a Destuvius Shaman. And my main foe is a Aarn Shaman. We are literally diametrically opposed. So if I kill him, while I may loot all of things, I will likely put a single item on a different goodie mob in multiple areas. This way, the character I killed doesn't actually LOSE any gear, but it keeps him out of my hair for a couple hours.

The comment about not giving a #### about full loots, explained:

I don't mind getting full-looted, to be honest. Yes, sometimes it's the death knell for a character, but often times I end up with a better set after the full loot then I did beforehands. What I DON'T LIKE IS WHEN YOU TRY TO PASS YOUR FULL LOOT OFF AS BAD RP. There are some roles where it is good RP to full loot me (Zurcon roles, Emnon perhaps, etc), but it's really ####ty when say a villager following Kastellyn (or whatever) fulls you and tells you it's because he lost 3 weapons (or, even worse BECAUSE YOUR CABAL MATE FULLED ME...GTFOH with that stupid ####). Just full me and say something like "You are my enemy, why would I leave you with anything?". When I get "You took my wakizashi so now I'm fulling you any chance I get!" tells, it completely ruins my immersion because unless the player created a character with a childish, delusional role, it's #### RP and it's the player bleeding through.

Hope that helped.

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 04:48 PM
2214 posts
#128895, "Got you, and I think you're wrong"
In response to Reply #17

In my opinion, no RP reason justifies full-looting, because it has straight away OOC griefing part to it. No RP reason justifies being an asshat, because the purpose of RP (and all other aspects of the game) is fun, and full-loot is by no means fun.

When I full loot people, I either want them to reflect on #### they do to others or I want to press on their nerves so they delete and stop ruining other people experience. At the same time I'm never threatening people that I'm going to full them - because it's straight stupid: 1) it's bad RP; 2) why warn? I'd rather surprise them.

There is one fun semi-exception out of this, and it's poison shamans. I think I'll full loot every last one of them I kill in the future just because malice.

Everyone has IC reasons to full loot each time they kill someone and sac equipment they don't need (like when they kill a mob), but there's a reason it's not done.

There's also full-loot behavior which happens because ppl are mad at imms but they can't do anything to them, so ppl either delete out of frustration or start griefing other ppl. But that's in my opinion quite weak.

P.S. It's important to note that we're talking about today. I was fulling everyone I killed in the past (15 years ago) no matter what. But those days are long since gone.

TMNSTue 09-Aug-16 05:02 PM
2670 posts
#128899, "Wow. A lot of stuff to get through here."
In response to Reply #20

>In my opinion, no RP reason justifies full-looting, because it has straight away OOC griefing part to it. No RP reason justifies being an asshat, because the purpose of RP (and all other aspects of the game) is fun, and full-loot is by no means fun.

When I full loot people, I either want them to reflect on #### they do to others or I want to press on their nerves so they delete and stop ruining other people experience. At the same time I'm never threatening people that I'm going to full them - because it's straight stupid: 1) it's bad RP; 2) why warn? I'd rather surprise them.<

So, because you only full loot people for OOC reasons, there is no valid role reason to full loot people? You see the flaw with this logic, correct?

There are a lot of roles that allow for full-looting. Mostly though, no one plays those roles because true "villains" have disappeared from CF. Sadly, mostly the players who full loot are the same players who cannot handle even losing one item after a death. It's the height of hypocrisy and childish behavior.

The other problem is that half the evils I see these days are nicer than Acolytes, and half the Maran are more evil than Scions. I don't know what the #### happened.

>There is one fun semi-exception out of this, and it's poison shamans. I think I'll full loot every last one of them I kill in the future just because malice.<

Meh, this is like fulling an assassin who misses an assassinate on you. I mean, I did it to Shaapa once 9 years ago, but yeah, I don't like #### OOC excuses like that for IC actions.

>Everyone has IC reasons to full loot each time they kill someone and sac equipment they don't need (like when they kill a mob), but there's a reason it's not done.<

Not always true. Just MOST people would do that if we really went all in on IC behavior. But, I can see certain ragers, certain APs, and many roles where a character would want STRONG foes and thus looting opponents would weaken them, and keep them from fighting strong foes.

>There's also full-loot behavior which happens because ppl are mad at imms but they can't do anything to them, so ppl either delete out of frustration or start griefing other ppl. But that's in my opinion quite weak.<

No. Just no. If players do this, they should get banned. Seriously.

>P.S. It's important to note that we're talking about today. I was fulling everyone I killed in the past (15 years ago) no matter what. But those days are long since gone.<

A) I thought you just started playing CF a year or so ago? Or are you pulling a fast one (like Warren) and RPing on the forums too?

B) I have a giant problem with today's CF being giant ####ing pussies about loot. As in, I'll loot someone's darkened helm and darkened leggings, and for the next 20 minutes they are screaming at me in vague OOC tells yelling at me for "fulling" them when I took 2 things. Players are seriously giant ####ing pussies about looting now. LOOTING IS NOT GRIEFING.

MurphyTue 09-Aug-16 08:29 PM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128903, "15 years"
In response to Reply #24

You do realize there are MUDs other than CF, right?

TMNSWed 10-Aug-16 07:25 AM
2670 posts
#128909, "Yeah, I played on a MUD where the IMMs full-looted you ..."
In response to Reply #28

What's his point?

It wasn't CF.

KstatidaWed 10-Aug-16 07:54 AM
2214 posts
#128910, "The point is I was playing another MUD, a CF clone actu..."
In response to Reply #34

The point is to discern between mature and immature behavior. 15 years ago I was a teenage asshole.

TMNSThu 11-Aug-16 12:34 AM
2670 posts
#128914, "At least on CF, there 100 players on 15 years ago."
In response to Reply #35

You'd get fulled, walk down the road a couple steps and watch someone else get killed, full them, and so on and so on.

To some, that was a lot more fun than the game is now. To some, that made gear less fanatically protected. To some, that made people min/max less.

KstatidaThu 11-Aug-16 04:29 AM
2214 posts
#128915, "This reasoning is totally valid"
In response to Reply #37

Doesn't change the fact that on average teenagers are testosterone-driven assholes on a much higher rate than grownups.

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 02:01 AM
2214 posts
#128871, "Your hourly rate should be pretty low"
In response to Reply #5

Warrior HAS to hold many weapons. Otherwise he won't be competitive. The whole class mechanics is built around switching weapons like juggling balls.

In CF, Death and loot is an IC matter. A character knows he was killed and he knows he was looted. And he also KNOWS that the enemies he kills will come after him again. This is not single-death MUD.

MurphyTue 09-Aug-16 08:58 AM
1639 posts
#128884, "Looks like you misunderstood everything I wrote. Le sig..."
In response to Reply #9

At least look up what "sarcasm" is.

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 09:08 AM
2214 posts
#128886, "Don't tell me you're seeing a person stomping on your s..."
In response to Reply #13

You're facing an 80-level Internet battle warmaster here

MurphyTue 09-Aug-16 09:16 AM
1639 posts
#128887, "More like slipping ungracefully over my sarcasm."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Tue 09-Aug-16 09:38 AM

NT

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 10:46 AM
2214 posts
#128888, "That's the matter of POV :)"
In response to Reply #15

TMNSMon 08-Aug-16 07:14 PM
2670 posts
#128853, "Dude, you're a giant sword spec Nightreaver."
In response to Reply #4

Two silver rapiers + bash + warcry will get you PKs.

Stop being a bitch about looting.

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 02:03 AM
2214 posts
#128873, "Umm, where did I bitch?"
In response to Reply #7

The character is long gone and I have never said a thing about looting when he was alive. I say weapon loot leads to frustration, and it does.

TMNSTue 09-Aug-16 02:33 PM
2670 posts
#128892, "Might be lost in translation."
In response to Reply #11

"That's frustrating as hell and triggers full-looting attitude."

That's literally the definition of bitching.

That being said, I've mentioned it before (as have others) but I'd be fine losing my weapons every death as a warrior as long as I could keep my prep bag

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 04:50 PM
2214 posts
#128896, "Well it was more of a psychological analysis from my si..."
In response to Reply #18

P.S. That being said, I've lost my prepbag to tribunals many times.

TMNSTue 09-Aug-16 05:03 PM
2670 posts
#128900, "Dude, I'm right there with you with prep-bag lootage."
In response to Reply #21

It's the worst

CDMon 08-Aug-16 08:26 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#128855, "You do realize their power autoloots to pit weapons and..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 02:10 AM
2214 posts
#128875, "I don't realize it and generally I don't care"
In response to Reply #8

The mechanics don't matter, only the effects do. I create strife, actively come to the cities to fight tribunals thinking that we all have fun in the process. Then I go spend a couple of hours running around MUD searching for the weapons. Sure tribs have fulfilled their mission of making cities safe for a couple of hours (yay IC goals, go sit in guild alone now for RL hours), but did the game win because of that? Hardly.

jalbrinTue 09-Aug-16 04:47 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#128894, "The game becomes less fun for *you.*"
In response to Reply #12

There is a difference between that and the entire mud.

KstatidaTue 09-Aug-16 04:54 PM
2214 posts
#128897, "Sorry I thought it was called Carrion Fields for a reas..."
In response to Reply #19

If you don't want to PK, you go Heralds or Acolyte or Warden or something similar. Being an evil trib and actively avoiding PK against a criminal outlander who comes to a city is... ummm... well... yeah.

Like send a note that you're pacifist and PK is no fun for you or something so I have an idea.

jalbrinTue 09-Aug-16 05:00 PM
211 posts
#128898, "You didn't mention avoiding PK. You bitched about them ..."
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Tue 09-Aug-16 05:00 PM

If you like PK so much, go fight with average 18 weapons.

It's not "I néed nice weapons fields."

KstatidaWed 10-Aug-16 03:45 AM
2214 posts
#128905, "I understand you're bitter about not being Russian"
In response to Reply #23

One of the logs I posted was about smacking down a trib with an ave 17 weapon after being heavily looted and deprived of all weapons, so this is not personal.

What I state is by artificially increasing prep downtime for people (which full-looting successfully does) you decrease PK intensity, which = less fun.

My point is: PK = fun. If you actively ruin opportunities for PK - you make the game less fun. If you join PK cabal and do it - you're an asshat.

jalbrinWed 10-Aug-16 03:58 AM
211 posts
#128907, "Prep bags? This subthread ain't about prep bags, Natash..."
In response to Reply #30

"Then I go spend a couple of hours running around MUD searching for the weapons. "

That's you bitching that the Trib power automatically loots coins and weapons.

KstatidaWed 10-Aug-16 05:53 AM
2214 posts
#128908, "Dude, come back when you treat that phobia of yours"
In response to Reply #32

You make no sense.

jalbrinWed 10-Aug-16 08:07 AM
211 posts
#128911, "I'm sorry you can't remember what you posted yesterday...."
In response to Reply #33

Nt

TMNSTue 09-Aug-16 05:04 PM
2670 posts
#128901, "Um, if said Nightreaver always kills you..."
In response to Reply #22

...why wouldn't an evil trib be a coward and not fight you? I mean, seriously dude, this isn't POS where it's just a ####ing free for all.

You're falling into Graatch logic here, be careful.

KstatidaWed 10-Aug-16 03:46 AM
2214 posts
#128906, "It was not the case"
In response to Reply #26

Avoiding PK because you have no chance of winning - I understand perfectly.

TMNSTue 09-Aug-16 05:06 PM
2670 posts
#128902, "That being said, usually the only time I break role..."
In response to Reply #22

...is when I am playing a character that isn't reckless/aggresive I still tend to play that way because I love me some hawt hawt PK action.

So I understand your desire. But your process to get to that point is flawed.

MurphyTue 09-Aug-16 08:32 PM
1639 posts
#128904, "RE: If you don't want to PK, you go Heralds"
In response to Reply #22

I will get you for this, Boris. Just you wait.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128810 Previous topic | Next topic