Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Grondarg Skull Crusher the Warlord of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128696
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 30-Jul-16 04:20 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128696, "(CON LOSS) [None] Grondarg Skull Crusher the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls"

Sat Jul 30 16:18:54 2016

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Grondarg perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:272

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Great last fight., Rokhwar (Anonymous), 01-Aug-16 08:24 AM, #8
Reply RE: Great last fight., Grondarg (Anonymous), 04-Aug-16 11:22 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Grondarg Skull Crusher the Warlor..., Grondarg (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 05:07 PM, #1
     Reply Selina Reponse, Grondarg (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 05:17 PM, #2
     Reply Oh and on edge points....., Grondarg (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 05:46 PM, #5
     Reply My favorite orc out there, Kaer (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 05:34 PM, #3
     Reply RE: My favorite orc out there, Grondarg (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 05:44 PM, #4
          Reply Secret way, Kstatida, 02-Aug-16 07:02 AM, #9
     Reply I felt you died a ton, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 07:01 PM, #6
     Reply Well played..., Sirelas (Anonymous), 30-Jul-16 07:22 PM, #7

Rokhwar (Anonymous)Mon 01-Aug-16 08:24 AM
Charter member
#128712, "Great last fight."
In response to Reply #0

Hey there,

Great fight - good interactions. I must've chased you for 30+ minutes straight. I do have a question - why did you not gravesleep? Adrenaline timer?

Grondarg (Anonymous)Thu 04-Aug-16 11:22 AM
Charter member
#128768, "RE: Great last fight."
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, there is an adrenaline timer if it is PVP. I had something I wanted to set up in the past, but you didn't give me a chance to pull it off, so once I ran out of teleport and cure blind potions, it was just a matter of time. I was out of returns, and since I was looking to con die at that point, had not bothered to restock.

Grondarg (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 05:07 PM
Charter member
#128697, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Grondarg Skull Crusher the Warlor..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm driving from Alaska to TX starting tomorrow, so finishing off Grondarg was something I had to get done today. Still Kudos to Kaer and Rohkwar on the last two fights though (one on one each time) (trying to get to the enormous giant and getting stuck in the past screwed me in that final fight).

TX isn't my final destination, so it will be over a month before I play again. Since I knew I only had a few months with this guy, and knew there would be times during those months I couldn't play as well, I went orc. Didn't want to end up being a cabal leader or something then have delete just as I was hitting my stride.

I love orcs, but I really haven't played any that got anything going since Srogpk and Gralog which were both 5 or 6 years ago. I got frustrated with my last few when I was no where close to getting the slaver edge as I was approaching hero, which was an edge I had never gotten before and really wanted to try out.

The only thing I didn't get to try out that I wanted to was brutalizer of the handicap, but I did get to try out 4 other orc edges I had not taken before, although it was at the expense of lasher and spinebreaker which I suffered for in a few fights.

Mundugunu is amazing PVE and I have always thought gravenap was a pretty incredible skill to have on a melee class. Low populations was the biggest factor in Grondarg's ability to raid, but Sootritual, Sanguine Filter, and Gravenap makes a Mundugunu particularly sooted to raiding the fort and outlander.

Thanks yous:

Thanks to Rotwang for the ink and any other immortals who might have interacted with Grondarg. I don't expect interactions if I am not playing an Empowerment class, but always appreciate them. I enjoyed the Bloodmage title and edge that was thrown my way.

Worthag:

I have played orcs before, but you taught me a ton I Didn't know. I loved facing you as an enemy in previous incarnations (Darvoderis, Valdifer, others) and had even more fun orcing it up with you. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the game.

Kaer:

The two highlights of this character where my PKWs over you and Selionar both of which I consider to be very tough characters. I've already forgotten about the 18 times I died to you. Thanks for the fights today.

Sirelas:

I wish we had more time to fight. I enjoyed our early battles and think we had a pretty good back and forth going.

Keilhal:

You definitely got the better of me. It was refreshing to see a Destuvias follower that "gets it."

Selina:

The heart blood of fort for most of your life. I enjoyed you as an enemy, and I'll address your points in another post. I understand your frustration, though I don't necessarily think this was a unique experience.

Ailanak:

Good presence. I liked our talks, I wish you would have let me bash you away from the watcher more often though.

Samara:

99 Hours! Baller! You got the drop on me a few times, and I caught you without protective shield a few times.

Ardish:

Liked our fights a lot as well. Always felt like they could go either way.

Gwild:

Felt like you went from super aggressive hunting me, to a bit more cautious.

Will post more later Post and I will respond

Grondarg (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 05:17 PM
Charter member
#128699, "Selina Reponse"
In response to Reply #1

Grondarg:

So then all my login sessions became consumed with fending you off. There was so much more I wanted to do with this character, but didn't get the chance because I spent around 75% or more of my gametime after induction dealing with you or all the other evils you would call in to deal with me since you couldn't most of the time.

Constant raiding retrieving has been my experience pretty much anytime I play an underdog cabal. I tend to gravitate to underdogs for the most part though, so I have something to do which I think makes the game more interesting.

I know you were very irritated by me taking things from your corpse ... it was the only thing I had at my disposal to slow you down in your relentless attacks on the Fortress.

It didn't really slow me down, if just meant I was going to run away at gushing. If a fight is going to go down to the wire, my preference is to see how it plays out, but I am less likely to if I know I am going to lose a bunch of my stuff if it goes against me. I die a ton, so I was used to losing any premium pieces I had in a day or two which I don't mind, as long as the other player is the one who is going to use them.

but that kind of relentlessness borders on griefing,

Once again, this has been my experience anytime I play an underdog cabal. The village has had the codex more than Empire during the course of my last several Imperials.

You're clearly a skilled player and pk'er:

Not really, but thanks!

Grondarg (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 05:46 PM
Charter member
#128702, "Oh and on edge points....."
In response to Reply #2

Orcs don't get the chance for retrieval edge points at all, so I don't feel too bad about that.

Kaer (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 05:34 PM
Charter member
#128700, "My favorite orc out there"
In response to Reply #1

You were the only one most of the time though. My build is indeed a bad matchup for you, but you were always willing to throw it at me, and I barely escaped quite a few times. In the end I think our attitudes matched each other well, and I do consider Grondarg being a great character that made the game better.

P.S. Once again I'm sorry for that incident at the giants' caravan, somehow I was positive you had the corpse sacrificed.

Grondarg (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 05:44 PM
Charter member
#128701, "RE: My favorite orc out there"
In response to Reply #3

P.S. Once again I'm sorry for that incident at the giants' caravan, somehow I was positive you had the corpse sacrificed

No worries. Orcs usually have autosac off for skins and steaks and you nailed me right as Thorgrimnr died, so it was just bad timing for me. Did you come the secret way, or did I let you walk across the whole battlefield without noticing?

From my observations, your play times are a lot earlier than Worthag's

KstatidaTue 02-Aug-16 07:02 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128720, "Secret way"
In response to Reply #4

Basicly you had no chance of seeing me.

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 07:01 PM
Charter member
#128703, "I felt you died a ton"
In response to Reply #1

Also, when others were hunting you I would lay off. Thus a bit of letting you roam. Glwyn, liked what I saw.

Sirelas (Anonymous)Sat 30-Jul-16 07:22 PM
Charter member
#128704, "Well played..."
In response to Reply #1

The player in me got very frustrated when I didn't do things right and died(several times), but I learned a lot about fighting you from those fights. There were more than a few that I felt I tried to do everything right and you still got me though too. Good deal.

I think we had a fairly even count, though I think you probably had at least a few up on me. I wish I saved more of my logs, that time retrieving from you that I got you was probably my favorite.

GLWYN, Fort could use a few good men... Just sayin.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128696 Previous topic | Next topic