Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Morlox BrightChild the Champion of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128470
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 09-Jul-16 04:03 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128470, "(DELETED) [None] Morlox BrightChild the Champion of the Virtues"

Fri Jul 8 22:28:01 2016

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Morlox perished, never to return.

Race:azure
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:127

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Morlox BrightChild the Champion of..., Umiron, 09-Jul-16 06:18 PM, #4
Reply What rule does that break?, Murphy, 10-Jul-16 10:08 AM, #5
Reply This is the most obvious one, Destuvius, 10-Jul-16 10:57 AM, #6
Reply RE: What rule does that break?, Umiron, 10-Jul-16 11:10 AM, #7
     Reply Punishing on suspicion alone? Really?, Murphy, 10-Jul-16 11:29 AM, #8
     Reply This wasn't an isolated incident, Destuvius, 10-Jul-16 11:43 AM, #9
     Reply This., Iunna, 10-Jul-16 12:50 PM, #10
          Reply Fwiw, incognito, 13-Jul-16 10:10 AM, #20
          Reply RE: This., KoeKhaos, 14-Jul-16 01:11 PM, #22
               Reply RE: This., Kstatida, 14-Jul-16 01:17 PM, #23
     Reply why are you always so afraid?, Dallevian, 10-Jul-16 01:37 PM, #11
          Reply Know a story about nazi coming after jews?, Kstatida, 10-Jul-16 01:53 PM, #12
          Reply Oh yeah, because IMMs enforcing rules is totally like t..., Lhydia, 10-Jul-16 01:58 PM, #13
          Reply No, because that's not how analogies work. n/t, Saagkri, 10-Jul-16 09:54 PM, #18
          Reply This is how people get on my "never take seriously, eve..., Umiron, 10-Jul-16 02:05 PM, #14
               Reply Your criteria are misguided, Kstatida, 11-Jul-16 02:30 AM, #19
          Reply CF teaches and encourages paranoia, Murphy, 10-Jul-16 07:15 PM, #17
     Reply This made ma little anxious since it happens a lot to m..., KoeKhaos, 14-Jul-16 01:08 PM, #21
          Reply RE: This made ma little anxious since it happens a lot ..., Jormyr, 14-Jul-16 02:06 PM, #24
Reply Possibility?, somnambulopolis, 10-Jul-16 04:11 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Possibility?, Umiron, 10-Jul-16 04:56 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Possibility?, Imam, 15-Jul-16 01:08 AM, #25
Reply That was an interesting angle to pursue, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 09-Jul-16 12:23 PM, #3
Reply I don't know your build, Kstatida, 09-Jul-16 01:19 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I don't know your build, Gulrom, 09-Jul-16 03:40 PM, #2

UmironSat 09-Jul-16 06:18 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128476, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Morlox BrightChild the Champion of..."
In response to Reply #0

Your history indicates you were realmed for racking up a lot of short "in/out" sessions, which based solely on your forum handle I'm pretty sure is something you've had issues with before. Had you not melted down you would have been asked to work on that and then let out.

If your condition had anything to do with the aforementioned behavior then there is your answer about CFing whilst doped to oblivion as well. Players are otherwise welcome to enjoy CF while injured and/or high as a kite as long as they follow the rules.

Enjoy your week of guilt-free ice cream eating.

MurphySun 10-Jul-16 10:08 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128477, "What rule does that break?"
In response to Reply #4

Short in/out sessions, I mean.
I have a lot of those too, due to various reasons, should I be worried?

DestuviusSun 10-Jul-16 10:57 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128478, "This is the most obvious one"
In response to Reply #5

* Do not exploit Out-of-Character (OOC) mechanisms to create an advantage in the game. This includes cutting link or quitting to avoid consequences.

Its worth noting that if we actually pull someone over them its because they aren't a once in a while thing, but a *very* regular occurrence.

UmironSun 10-Jul-16 11:10 AM
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128479, "RE: What rule does that break?"
In response to Reply #5

It's not that it's strictly against the rules itself, but rather that it's a good indicator that a player might be doing other, possibly related things that are.

For example, probably 90% of the people who talk to about short sessions appear to be doing it because A) they don't like their PK range or B) they're logging in just to spam locate object (or some equivalent). Both of those cases would eventually get the player in trouble.

This is all why nobody has ever been punished for these things without at least a couple warnings.

MurphySun 10-Jul-16 11:29 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128480, "Punishing on suspicion alone? Really?"
In response to Reply #7

If you suspect someone to be doing stuff for the benefit of their other character, but you can't point at that other character?

And there is a myriad reasons why one might log in and immediately out. ESPECIALLY if you are having health problems. Not liking your PK range (nobody to fight, or nobody worth trying to fight, or whatever) may or may not be a partial reason, but Morlox was uncaballed so why do you care?

DestuviusSun 10-Jul-16 11:43 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#128481, "This wasn't an isolated incident"
In response to Reply #8

No one has ever been bothered on their first offense, let alone their twentieth in most cases.

As an aside, Morlox was in Tribunal for a long time and was also a Fort pledge at the time of deletion. While technically uncaballed, its not the same.

IunnaSun 10-Jul-16 12:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#128482, "This."
In response to Reply #9

>No one has ever been bothered on their first offense, let
>alone their twentieth in most cases.

When it becomes a pattern/consistent problem, is when you're going to get pulled for a conversation. Even if you're not doing this for sinister reasons, you're not adding anything to the game logging out in under 5 minutes. It's not that hard to sit in your guild for 5 minutes, use the time command if you're not sure how long you've been logged in. Yeah, #### comes up, I get it, but if you can't make a commitment *most of the time* to stay logged in for 5 minutes, you might think about finding a different time to play.

It's also worth noting that if you consistently aren't logging in for at least 5 minutes, it makes it super hard for IMMs to catch up with you when you're online, pull you/have a conversation about this - thus you see offline RotD.

incognitoWed 13-Jul-16 10:10 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128492, "Fwiw"
In response to Reply #10

Morlox did rp with my char Garron on a few of his sessions, and went out of his way to help me without me asking for help. So even on some of those v short log ins he was adding something by interacting with other players.

That said, I do support the right for imms to challenge log in behaviour. Perhaps, though, it is something that is best raised via a tell to the player or a note that isn't prejudging. I was questioned as tsalantha about certain logging but it was done in a way that didn't assume guilt and whilst I was able to explain the behaviour I also changed it. (I was doing short log outs to deal with a buggy quest, and the time they thought I did it to avoid mobs tracking me, I pointed out my normal solution to the mobs tracking me and the fact that I hadn't used it indicating that I'd actually forgotten about them altogether. Was just unfortunate that they ended up outside galadon's north gate!

KoeKhaosThu 14-Jul-16 01:11 PM
400 posts
#128494, "RE: This."
In response to Reply #10

Based on the second response above I don't think I need to worry, but sometimes I can't stay in for longer than even 30 seconds just because the only time I can play is at work when it's quiet. People can still randomly come in looking for help or call and I have to instantly set aside my computer to help. I've died so many times because of it if I can't recall/quit in time. Granted, from the look of responses, this guy just continuously does it while playing alts or something?

KstatidaThu 14-Jul-16 01:17 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128495, "RE: This."
In response to Reply #22

I thought the guy is a father of four who has massive issues with health and medication.

Considering imms can't (and shouldn't) know our circumstances, it's the policy itself that seems to be in need of adjustment.

DallevianSun 10-Jul-16 01:37 PM
1639 posts
#128483, "why are you always so afraid?"
In response to Reply #8

you jump to conclusions so awfully considered out of fear of them being misapplied to you. why?

you've had short sessions before yet have never been rotd for it, much less warned. but because some other character was you get all afraid and paranoid that you're next.

have you ever been next on anything?

KstatidaSun 10-Jul-16 01:53 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128484, "Know a story about nazi coming after jews?"
In response to Reply #11

And neighbours not standing up for them?

LhydiaSun 10-Jul-16 01:58 PM
2390 posts
#128485, "Oh yeah, because IMMs enforcing rules is totally like t..."
In response to Reply #12

gr

SaagkriSun 10-Jul-16 09:54 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#128490, "No, because that's not how analogies work. n/t"
In response to Reply #13

nt

UmironSun 10-Jul-16 02:05 PM
1497 posts
#128486, "This is how people get on my "never take seriously, eve..."
In response to Reply #12

nt

KstatidaMon 11-Jul-16 02:30 AM
2214 posts
#128491, "Your criteria are misguided"
In response to Reply #14

Seriously

MurphySun 10-Jul-16 07:15 PM
1639 posts
#128489, "CF teaches and encourages paranoia"
In response to Reply #11

NT

KoeKhaosThu 14-Jul-16 01:08 PM
400 posts
#128493, "This made ma little anxious since it happens a lot to m..."
In response to Reply #7

I can pretty much only play from work and if someone walks or calls I need to quit. Sometimes I log in when it's been quiet and someone walks in within a minute or two of me logging in and so I have to log out again. I haven't been ROTD in well over 10 years though, so probably only a concern for people doing it for more obvious reasons?

JormyrThu 14-Jul-16 02:06 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
#128496, "RE: This made ma little anxious since it happens a lot ..."
In response to Reply #21

Somewhat. If something obviously nefarious shoes up, then they're punished for whatever advantage they're pursuing, not "short logins". Also, saying you have it happen a lot, but have never been pulled aside, that should give you an impression of how ridiculously often someone has to be doing it to get pulled aside, and that's just for an inquiry/warning.

In cases like yours (and I'm just guesstimating, no idea specific characters), it's likely some Immortal may have noticed the login/logout and maybe looked in on it or checked when you did log in, but not finding anything improper, didn't punish you. (Who knew, right?) 😂

somnambulopolisSun 10-Jul-16 04:11 PM
Member since 08th Jun 2008
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#128487, "Possibility?"
In response to Reply #4

It seems like the last couple complaints of people being offline ROtD-ed have been accompanied by, "and I have no idea why, and no one would answer my prays." Why not ease that confusion a bit with a short note explaining the reason when this is done to an offline character?

UmironSun 10-Jul-16 04:56 PM
1497 posts
#128488, "RE: Possibility?"
In response to Reply #15

I imagine that would make our job considerably harder and more frustrating far more than it would lead to a more calm, understanding outcome. That's based on having dealt with a lot of people in that context, ranging from simple warnings to delusional lying I can prove to players spamming us (and sometimes you) with things that are vulgar even by teenage video game trash talk standards.

I sympathize with the fact that it's frustrating to log in to the Realm of the Dead and be unable to get a response, but going down the road Morlox did guarantees a bad outcome where the only certainty at the time was an inconvenience. And again, whether he (or others) agreed with us or not, he was there for a legitimate reason.

ImamFri 15-Jul-16 01:08 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2007
69 posts
#128497, "RE: Possibility?"
In response to Reply #16

Not commenting on this current player or the imms in that situation, but: As a constructive suggestion, to be taken or dismissed entirely of course, perhaps a brief note in the event of RoTD (ooc note) or use of that dream thing, adding a line to RoTD that says if you were not online when transferred here, try the sleep command before praying. The conversation could then be shortened to 'pray oh ok, I understand. This is why. I will try to avoid that in the future' and a transfer could be facilitated then.

In a perfect world of course. But I think the note thing might have merit. Note to imm and playername, that way any imm might review the situation.

I just really dig that dream command you guys use on occasion, if its still around such a suggestion might break some of the rust off of it

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Sat 09-Jul-16 04:03 PM
Charter member
#128471, "That was an interesting angle to pursue"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry you didn't stick with it or it didn't work out. What happened?

KstatidaSat 09-Jul-16 01:19 PM
2214 posts
#128472, "I don't know your build"
In response to Reply #0

But your hth damage was exceptionally high for a monk. How did you achieve that?

GulromSat 09-Jul-16 03:40 PM
Member since 01st Jan 2016
4 posts
#128474, "RE: I don't know your build"
In response to Reply #1

There was no secret that i knew of.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128470 Previous topic | Next topic