Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Zermon Bladesong the Champion of the V..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128286
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 03-Jun-16 07:18 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128286, "(DELETED) [None] Zermon Bladesong the Champion of the Virtues"

Thu Jun 2 19:06:13 2016

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Zermon perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:107

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Some hopefully constructive feedback., Ilyenei (Anonymous), 03-Jun-16 12:10 PM, #1
     Reply It would be sooooooo awesome..., Lhydia, 03-Jun-16 12:42 PM, #2
     Reply Maybe that would make more sense in context., Ilyenei (Anonymous), 03-Jun-16 12:54 PM, #3
     Reply See below. n/t, Lhydia, 03-Jun-16 07:23 PM, #6
     Reply Don't mind Jalim, he's a professional troll. NT, TMNS, 03-Jun-16 09:21 PM, #9
          Reply Because the guy punished him for thinking he was a diff..., Lhydia, 04-Jun-16 08:33 AM, #13
               Reply For future applicants, Ilyenei (Anonymous), 04-Jun-16 02:09 PM, #14
                    Reply You should also stop, this isn't helping you either. nt, Destuvius, 04-Jun-16 03:00 PM, #15
                    Reply If you don't want to be called out..., Lhydia, 04-Jun-16 04:15 PM, #16
     Reply I'm stunned, Kstatida, 03-Jun-16 02:24 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Some hopefully constructive feedback., Gulromz, 03-Jun-16 07:12 PM, #5
          Reply Sorry you feel that way. GLWYN. n/t, Ilyenei (Anonymous), 03-Jun-16 07:27 PM, #7
          Reply *sigh*, Aarn, 03-Jun-16 08:10 PM, #8
               Reply RE: *sigh*, Gulromz, 03-Jun-16 10:38 PM, #10
                    Reply I vote just leave this alone, Destuvius, 03-Jun-16 10:42 PM, #11
                         Reply This (n/t), Iunna, 04-Jun-16 07:48 AM, #12

Ilyenei (Anonymous)Fri 03-Jun-16 12:10 PM
Charter member
#128296, "Some hopefully constructive feedback."
In response to Reply #0

You came to your interview with the attitude that you had all the answers. Even if you did have all the right answers, that's the wrong attitude. The very reason for being a squire before a Maran is so that you learn the cabal dogma. Thus your interview for being a squire (and truthfully, probably a magistrate of Seantryn, or anything short of Scarab) should, more than anything, demonstrate that while you may have the general idea what you really have is a willingness to learn.

With that being said, you definitely did not have the right answers. Some of your answers were actually wrong, and the ones that were correct were, as Aarn put it, "platitudes" with no real substance. You were just reciting help files with no real understanding of what they meant.

Which, again, would have been fine if you'd taken everyone's feedback. At one point two other cabal members and I spent close to two hours talking to you about one answer you were giving, each gently guiding you toward the correct answer. At the end of that time, I said, "So have your views changed?" and you actually said, "No." What the heck? It's probably good for you I couldn't figure out how to get through my computer to yours at that moment.

I dedicated over five hours of my time to talking to Zermon about Fort dogma. And your only effort to absorb what I was telling you was you saying to me, "I had an ancestor who lead the Fort." Which, really, was probably what sunk you more than anything. Straight going OOC to try to convince me to induct you instead of listening to what my character was trying to tell your character just reflects poorly on you as a player. And, to make matters worse, that particular leader was booted from his leadership position. Ostensibly, you didn't know the right way to act then either.

You have a lot of people pulling for you, and a lot of people offering good advice to you on the forums and in character. I humbly suggest you work on taking feedback and adapting.

LhydiaFri 03-Jun-16 12:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128297, "It would be sooooooo awesome..."
In response to Reply #1

If you took your own advice here.

😀

Ilyenei (Anonymous)Fri 03-Jun-16 12:54 PM
Charter member
#128298, "Maybe that would make more sense in context."
In response to Reply #2

But, whatever, I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

LhydiaFri 03-Jun-16 07:23 PM
2390 posts
#128302, "See below. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

gr

TMNSFri 03-Jun-16 09:21 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#128305, "Don't mind Jalim, he's a professional troll. NT"
In response to Reply #3

NT

LhydiaSat 04-Jun-16 08:33 AM
2390 posts
#128311, "Because the guy punished him for thinking he was a diff..."
In response to Reply #9

..then berated him for stuff he himself is way guilty of?

Ilyenei (Anonymous)Sat 04-Jun-16 02:09 PM
Charter member
#128313, "For future applicants"
In response to Reply #13

Be assured you will be judged upon the merits of your current character. Any statement to the contrary is false and silly.

Zermon's previous character was mentioned because he went OOC to bring them into his interview. It was not who (I thought) the character was, but that an OOC reference was made in a cabal interview that was the problem.

If the moderators would please keep Lhydia from trolling my active character I'd be most appreciative.

DestuviusSat 04-Jun-16 03:00 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#128314, "You should also stop, this isn't helping you either. nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

LhydiaSat 04-Jun-16 04:15 PM
2390 posts
#128316, "If you don't want to be called out..."
In response to Reply #14

..don't post higher than thou hypocritical responses to forums with active characters.

KstatidaFri 03-Jun-16 02:24 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128299, "I'm stunned"
In response to Reply #2

I thought he was you. The shame.

GulromzFri 03-Jun-16 07:12 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2016
4 posts
#128301, "RE: Some hopefully constructive feedback."
In response to Reply #1

You came to your interview with the attitude that you had all the answers. Even if you did have all the right answers, that's the wrong attitude. The very reason for being a squire before a Maran is so that you learn the cabal dogma. Thus your interview for being a squire (and truthfully, probably a magistrate of Seantryn, or anything short of Scarab) should, more than anything, demonstrate that while you may have the general idea what you really have is a willingness to learn.

No, i came trying to join and help the Fortress. When a player who is only about themselves meets a player who wants to help all of cf, there are usually problems.

With that being said, you definitely did not have the right answers. Some of your answers were actually wrong, and the ones that were correct were, as Aarn put it, "platitudes" with no real substance. You were just reciting help files with no real understanding of what they meant.

Yes, i read helpfiles.

Which, again, would have been fine if you'd taken everyone's feedback. At one point two other cabal members and I spent close to two hours talking to you about one answer you were giving, each gently guiding you toward the correct answer. At the end of that time, I said, "So have your views changed?" and you actually said, "No." What the heck? It's probably good for you I couldn't figure out how to get through my computer to yours at that moment.

Awesome

I dedicated over five hours of my time to talking to Zermon about Fort dogma. And your only effort to absorb what I was telling you was you saying to me, "I had an ancestor who lead the Fort." Which, really, was probably what sunk you more than anything. Straight going OOC to try to convince me to induct you instead of listening to what my character was trying to tell your character just reflects poorly on you as a player. And, to make matters worse, that particular leader was booted from his leadership position. Ostensibly, you didn't know the right way to act then either.

You dedicated your time to help me because you're the kind of player that wants rewards. You did it hoping for some perks. I said that because i was about to tell you how much of a true douchebag you were and delete then. Did i summon to many undead of yours or kill you as your other char? You and i both know you did this for OOC reasons and a few other players noticed it.

I was never booted, I was Marshal, Elder and Captain all with the SAME char. The helpfiles are how i managed to pull that off.

You have a lot of people pulling for you, and a lot of people offering good advice to you on the forums and in character. I humbly suggest you work on taking feedback and adapting.

Thank you, i will work on bowing down to one of the most selfish players i've met in a long while.

Ilyenei (Anonymous)Fri 03-Jun-16 07:27 PM
Charter member
#128303, "Sorry you feel that way. GLWYN. n/t"
In response to Reply #5

nt

AarnFri 03-Jun-16 08:10 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#128304, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #5

I'm disappointed you've stuck with this tune, Zermon, even after I went out of my way to talk with you about how everything went down. You've seized on this narrative that someone who disagrees with you IC must have an OOC motivation. Please remember your first negative RP experience as Zermon was with me, not with Ilyenei, and my sentiment matches a lot of what she said.

Maybe, just maybe, you have some things you could do better and it's not just mean people out to get you when they have criticisms.

Anyway, I hope you hit the ground running with your next.

Aarn

GulromzFri 03-Jun-16 10:38 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2016
4 posts
#128306, "RE: *sigh*"
In response to Reply #8

No, it had gone on a while before you. The hoops that kept adding up became very apparent with what the player of Ilyenei was doing to me. I went along with it for a long awhile, and kept jumping in and out of the hoops. One day infront of others i was told i was wrong, and the next day, i was told i was right about the same question and belief. That's when i knew what Ilyenei was all about and who they were. Pretty crappy. Oh by the way Ilyenei, i would love a response to you claiming i was Domond and being kicked out for not knowing about Fortress.

DestuviusFri 03-Jun-16 10:42 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#128307, "I vote just leave this alone"
In response to Reply #10

You aren't going to end up accomplishing anything positive for yourself as a player. Dude was incorrect in who he thought you were, it happens. Move on from it and don't take 3 steps backwards yourself.

IunnaSat 04-Jun-16 07:48 AM
473 posts
#128310, "This (n/t)"
In response to Reply #11

Drrr.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128286 Previous topic | Next topic