Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ilztyr Z'raen the High Wizard of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127883
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 29-Apr-16 06:56 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127883, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ilztyr Z'raen the High Wizard of the Arcane, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Fri Apr 29 18:52:16 2016

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ilztyr perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:153

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Belated farewells:, Sarien, 02-May-16 04:00 PM, #13
Reply GLWYN!, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 04-May-16 10:16 PM, #14
Reply Ahoy, matey, you'll be missed!, Osdryn (Anonymous), 01-May-16 11:37 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ilztyr Z'raen the High Wizard..., Drehir, 01-May-16 08:01 AM, #10
Reply So poor choice for a NR, Koh (Anonymous), 30-Apr-16 01:01 PM, #1
     Reply This post makes you look stupid, Destuvius, 30-Apr-16 01:28 PM, #2
     Reply I don't care, Koh (Anonymous), 30-Apr-16 01:56 PM, #3
     Reply a POV doesn't exempt you from being wrong, Dallevian, 30-Apr-16 03:07 PM, #4
     Reply I promise you my next will be way better and you'll lik..., Koh (Anonymous), 30-Apr-16 03:40 PM, #6
     Reply Here's the thing, incognito, 01-May-16 03:57 AM, #8
     Reply This., Drehir, 01-May-16 07:57 AM, #9
     Reply Post in nutshell - "My peepee is bigger than your peepe..., Doof, 30-Apr-16 03:39 PM, #5
     Reply From another perspective, incognito, 01-May-16 03:53 AM, #7
     Reply You sir are a poor sport!, NoobAgain, 01-May-16 11:38 AM, #12

SarienMon 02-May-16 04:00 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127902, "Belated farewells:"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you to everyone who made Ilztyr fun to play. I've just completed the first push in moving our datacenter - 40 hours of work later and 50 vhosts/associated fiber channel/10Gb network is done. I don't think my feet have hurt so much..ever..before.

Besides my chaotic work life, I had a hard time finding fun playing a mage class. This is the second mage I have heroed ever. I just do not enjoy the wand meta very much. Also, keeping track of the (seemingly) "bajillion" spell timers as a muter was tedious. I had originally intended to play an empowered class but Drehir posted he was taking a hiatus - so I rolled up a mage to toy around with. I ended up doing better than I had ever imagined.

On to goodbyes:

Drehir: Thank you so very much for the chance at Nightreaver, I enjoyed it immensely. I also owe you a farewell and thank you from Zylfaer - I had hoped to see him through, but I got caught up in my own anger as a result of game related changes and it caused me to act foolish. I took a self-imposed 2 month break as a result. Both characters were immensely fun to play, and this is large in part because of you. Thank you.

Jormyr: I know we only got to interract the one time, but I enjoyed it a good bit. When I caught the smite in the tree my heart sunk and I thought "Oh crap, I've screed up as Nightreaver somehow". I burst into laughter when you vis'd and started RP'ing with me. Great time! I will definitely end up with a character that follows you in the future.

Mortals:

Myriani - I had a great time chumming around with you. I tried to get you to take risks you didn't want to sometimes, and sometimes you would other times you wouldn't. I still think the two of us should've been able to take down the provost.

Koh - I apologized on your death thread, and I'll apologize once more here. My "Dumb giant possessed by a dumb giant" comment was not OOC at all, you were (to Ilztyr) a stupid giant. I took a jab at you as I knew we were competing for NR - I am sorry you took it the way you did. I'm not going to touch the ####-show that is the subthread below.

Gwil - I had plans for you! and instructions, I didn't get to achieve my goal with you which stinks, but perhaps I'll see you again sometime soon.

Traethen - Great scout, great reaver. I am glad I inducted you and I am sure you are going to do quite well. Keep it up, and try not to get discouraged.

Aldrych - I didn't get to help you get your last form. I hope you are happy with your forms, and that you keep trucking as well.

Kaer - Great reaver, good kills...rank up

Qinsa - Damn. I can not compete with the amount of hours you can put in to the game. I think in the end you got me 6-7 times and I got you half of that at 3. I'm sorry if I seemed gruff IC, but generally you had a knack for trying to talk to me while I was otherwise engaged. Also, running against a group of 7? NPC's one of which can dispell and burning through wands trying to retrieve was extremely tedious. It became difficult to enjoy our fights as a result.

Darvoderis - I felt badly for killing you in somewhat rapid succession when you were trying to retrieve. We had some good fights, and I'd wager they would be much more in your favor now that you are emperor.

Anyone I missed, I am sorry - but thank you all for providing me with a fun ride.

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Wed 04-May-16 10:16 PM
Charter member
#127918, "GLWYN!"
In response to Reply #13

Sorry that you didn't RP with me more when you had plans, I enjoyed our interactions. Would probably be somewhat interesting, albeit I'm the soft and fuzzy type, not sure it would've let to real murder-conflict between you and I.

Osdryn (Anonymous)Sun 01-May-16 11:37 AM
Charter member
#127897, "Ahoy, matey, you'll be missed!"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed our interactions and wish we could go on more adventures together! I really liked our dynamic over that eagle-inscribed staff - nicely done, very transmutery and very Nightreavery!

DrehirSun 01-May-16 08:01 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127896, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ilztyr Z'raen the High Wizard..."
In response to Reply #0

I want to let you know that I liked your character. However, I also want to remind you that if you do not want to be a leader anymore you can always step down. Deleting is never required for that. I hope you find more time to play again at some point and come back with a new and fresh idea.

Good luck with your next.

Koh (Anonymous)Sat 30-Apr-16 01:01 PM
Charter member
#127886, "So poor choice for a NR"
In response to Reply #0

It was obvious that you would suck on hero. Killing noobs on lowlevel isn't same as fighting vs 51. And you have proved my prophecy very well. My second prophecy, that you'll delete very soon (that I told you before you even hit level 40) you also made happen, thanks.

So, a character that is going OOC over cb in his strive to piss off an opponent, who is obviously will suck and won't stay long is getting NR. What a mistake not to see it, and the price is an empty and dead cabal. I've deleted just because of you and that appointment.

What is the most disgusting here it is that you perfectly know that you don't stay long and yet you ran for the position. Well done on shooting your own leg (it's related both of you and Drehir).

DestuviusSat 30-Apr-16 01:28 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#127887, "This post makes you look stupid"
In response to Reply #1

He had more hours at deletion than you did. If you think it means he did a poor job of sticking around, what does that say about your character?

Oh, and he also killed *7* times the people you did. He actually killed 3 times the people you did in total if you only count his hero kills. So if you think he obviously will suck, what does that say about your character?

Do I think Ilztyr was one of the best chars of the year? Nah. Was he the best option to be NR at the time? Probably. Is it his fault that Outlander is doing bad? No. Its actually just as much your fault as his because you deleted too instead of sticking it out.

Koh (Anonymous)Sat 30-Apr-16 01:56 PM
Charter member
#127888, "I don't care"
In response to Reply #2

I'm telling how I felt. Sorry that I dare to have my point of view.

About PK, my last shaman had 70/8, and most of them were made on hero, without leader powers. Before him - 160/8.

Koh was my first serious comeback character after many years of absence. Only at the end I began to remember how to fight.

But he felt that he is not welcome there, I wrote about it before. And when Iltzyr became NR, it became obvious that I won't ever get position, do sticking out was just pointless. And playing in cabal with the leader that mocking you ooc for language skills - no thanks.

DallevianSat 30-Apr-16 03:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#127889, "a POV doesn't exempt you from being wrong"
In response to Reply #3

so, yah, there you go.

Koh wasn't impressive and looks to have had a dumb role. i hope the next one is better.

Koh (Anonymous)Sat 30-Apr-16 03:40 PM
Charter member
#127891, "I promise you my next will be way better and you'll lik..."
In response to Reply #4

Peace.

PS: mind removing ban from the posting? Logging that way is a bit annoying.

incognitoSun 01-May-16 03:57 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127894, "Here's the thing"
In response to Reply #3

Not getting leader should never make a character pointless. If the only point of a character is to be a leader, that means the character was already pointless.

Also, as an outtie you have the pleasure of being able to kill the night reaver. If you are strong enough.

DrehirSun 01-May-16 07:57 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127895, "This."
In response to Reply #2

I was going to say something but you pretty much summed it up.

I do want to clarify, amount of PKs for Nightreaver is rarely a consideration as to who gets it, fwiw. Mostly due to that almost all evil Outlanders have a decent amount of kills.

DoofSat 30-Apr-16 03:39 PM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
#127890, "Post in nutshell - "My peepee is bigger than your peepe..."
In response to Reply #1

incognitoSun 01-May-16 03:53 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127893, "From another perspective"
In response to Reply #1

Pretty much every evil character of mine gets told I'll delete before hero, in a way that smacks of ooc, ruins any immersive feel to the game, and is almost always just wrong, since I almost always hero.

Tsalantha got told it a few times and yet continued after literally being full looted including pies.

By all means think it to yourself, but keep it to yourself until after the deletion.

NoobAgainSun 01-May-16 11:38 AM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
411 posts
#127898, "You sir are a poor sport!"
In response to Reply #1

Never interacted with Koh, but this post is just a projection of whatever else you have going on in your life.

I hope your attitude changes! GLWYN.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127883 Previous topic | Next topic