Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Hamza the Grand Mistress of Arti..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127877
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Apr-16 12:28 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127877, "(RAGE DELETE) [HERALD] Hamza the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Wondrous Performer of the Star"

Thu Apr 28 12:27:55 2016

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Hamza perished, never to return.

Race:centaur
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:200

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Hamza (Anonymous)Thu 28-Apr-16 02:19 PM
Charter member
#127880, "Thoughts and Goodbyes "
In response to Reply #0

I want to thank everyone who takes the time to add their creativity to this crazy world that we all have immersed ourselves in and despite all the negativity being aimed at the IMM staff lately I want to thank them as well for keeping this game going. I first played CF in a computer room at my high school and 16-17 years later I still seem to gravitate back from time to time, but rarely if ever with as much fun and success as with Hamza.

I rolled Hamza just to check out Bards. I was going to play a wood-elf bard because I read on some forum those are a good versatile explorers. I saw high wis and higher con with centaur so I (thankfully) made the switch. I never intended to be Herald, mostly because I played Wiggam (who btw was a nightmare of a character and by far the weakest character I have ever played, which is saying something), but I was 100% drawn in by the absolutely stellar RP of every single Herald. Once I knew I would be a Herald with Hamza I never logged back in as Wiggam (Sorry Xalcorin and Renize). I would have loved to have kept Hamza around, but I have WAY too much work to do right now, and knowing she was there, I would have procrastinated like hell (like I am doing right now to write this). Also when creating the name, Hamsah Mu'tazz must have fallen out of my head. Anyway, here are a few thoughts about the build if anyone cares.

Bards are awesome, but my edge choices were literally backwards. I had a chance to choose the dancing edge earlier in life, but I chose poorly. Centaur with brawling mastered, thunderhooves and tavern brawler edges made kicks incredible. Routine ***DEV*** occasional ====Oblit==== BUT rearing, which, in my understanding, is just literally two kicks from the front hooves, didn't have the same impact which was depressing, because it would have made a whole lot of sense for it to get much more powerful too. Knowing that now, I SHOULD have chosen dancing when I could, I chose wandering Minstrel which was awesome, but the build was never complete which always annoyed the hell out of me.

Goodbyes:
This group of Heralds is really something. Exploring and roleplaying with you all is one of the highlights of my many years playing this game.

Whildur - Our random rhyming rhetoric throughout the early part of Hamza's life changed my entire idea for the character. Your RP is out of this world. And the speed at which you can flawlessly type a rhyme with perfect grammar and punctuation constantly impressed me.

Osdryn - I appreciated the help you were trying to give me. I certainly feel as thought I could play a traditional bard now to great effect. Your roleplay was really well thought out and consistent. Thanks Captain!

Renize - I so wanted to try to create some kind of epic adventure/quest based on our mutual draw from the deck of fate. It would have been dope, but our exploration problems were 100% my fault, I am a lousy support character.

Daphedee - Stepping down from high herald and giving it to Renize after Laeden died, was, I thought, a PERFECT move from an RP angle which makes sense, because everything you did was at that level. Congratz on a pretty incredible character.

Aerafr - I liked your skills and spells the most. I was so pissed for you with you were getting <<<ANNIHILATE>>>> with that one spell when we were traveling and then you fought a villager and it would never hit because of spellbane. Very cool build.

Grundo - getting to Hero with you was pretty epic. 3 of the large nightwalkers at once to get you to hero, then 4 at once, then me gaining on the massive nightwalker was easily the coolest way that I have ever heroed a character. Part of my wanted to join the village for you and RP that angle out, but it was just too much fun exploring with the Heralds so I wrote a role of that Vision. You are among the hardest hitting characters I have ever seen.

Raltevio - That story of Khasolathas was super interesting to me. I really hoped to discuss more divine lore with you. Thanks for the title.

Strienat - thank you for the save in the red dragon lair. I hope you liked the song. My goal was to come to your shrine and learn more (and by more I mean learn anything) about the history of the Centaur and put something in the Lyceum, but alas...

I tried to interact with literally everyone with this character so to everyone else, I hope that my character made your experience more fun, because you all surely made it better for me. Ill see you all when my schedule get a little less nuts.

-VeggieRibs

RaltevioFri 29-Apr-16 02:02 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127882, "RE: Thoughts and Goodbyes "
In response to Reply #3

Aw this made me a little sad. I liked Hamza.

You're welcome for the story and the immteraction. I cannot take credit for the title, that was someone else.

Hopefully see you in the Fields soon.

Osdryn (Anonymous)Sun 01-May-16 11:42 AM
Charter member
#127899, "Matey Cheeky Hamza!!!"
In response to Reply #3

I really enjoyed our adventures. If I came off a bit bossy in the beginning - it was due to being overprotective and trying to prepare you for bigger and more dangerous things. (Part of it was also driven by IC reasons - but I'll leave those out of the forums.)

I really came about and learned to truly enjoy your unorthodox style of playing a bard. You were a hoot. Great character all around, I wish you had stuck around - there were a lot more places to see.

You'll be missed!

P.S.: Unable to crawl is a bigger restriction that I had originally thought!!!

Abra (Anonymous)Thu 28-Apr-16 01:13 PM
Charter member
#127879, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you. I really did, and it is sad to see you go.
Sorry if I frustrated you with those fights... I've seen that you took your death to your heart and tried to soften it with RP afterwards, but you seemed not very interested in it. Anyways, GLWYN!

Renize (Anonymous)Thu 28-Apr-16 12:41 PM
Charter member
#127878, "Awful, terrible."
In response to Reply #0

I loved Hamza. You always brought the fun, exploring with you was a blast, if disastrous at times (I need more tour guide practice). It seemed like you were quickly becoming one of my bffs, and I was looking forward to more. We'll PRESS on without you, I guess. Farewell.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127877 Previous topic | Next topic