Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Bilgritik Grummeltuff the Bea..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127852
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 22-Apr-16 12:40 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127852, "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Bilgritik Grummeltuff the Bearer of the Emerald Oak, Dwarven Defender of Thar-Eris"

Fri Apr 22 12:36:17 2016

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Bilgritik perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:246

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes., SPN, 22-Apr-16 06:26 PM, #2
Reply Meh, NoobAgain, 22-Apr-16 08:31 PM, #3
Reply Aw, Bil!, Renize (Anonymous), 23-Apr-16 01:03 AM, #4
Reply Like I said, early on I thought you were a Reaver, Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 23-Apr-16 07:09 AM, #5
Reply Oh, Billy., Tanzer (Anonymous), 23-Apr-16 07:11 AM, #6
Reply GLWYN!, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 23-Apr-16 11:19 AM, #7
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Bilgritik Grummeltuff the..., Horner (Anonymous), 22-Apr-16 01:27 PM, #1

SPNFri 22-Apr-16 06:25 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#127854, "Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 22-Apr-16 06:26 PM

So, for clarification this was not really a rage delete. The last three weeks of my life have been crazy, and didn't leave much time for CF. It started with finals, followed by hosting a 5 day training for 9 new AmeriCorps members, and then I had a week long national service conference. I knew I did not have the drive to make a second come back with ol Bil (I had taken a two week break prior to Christmas which due to the cleansing of the Scar, I got a second wind.)

Scenario: I log in to delete. Tribbies have the Fetish. I said #### it, I am going out in the blaze of glory, against two defenders one of which was a stacked Qinsa. I died, I waited 30 real life minutes to hopefully let the death tag drop and I deleted.. BOOM! Rage delete.. I didn't really want it to show up like that but, c'est la vie.

So, confession time. This was the third time I was empowered with Bilgritik Grummeltuff. First was a Nely healer, second was a Ysaloerye shaman, third was the Bearer of the Emerald Oak. Same role, same desc.. the first two never made it past lvl 25 though, and how the RP was played out in real time was VASTLY different. Bil really came to life this time.

This go around, I really want to play up the Nordiach thing as an Ancient, and tried my best to work it into Strienat's religion, and boy am I glad you played along! I had a blast. The build was pretty sick as a magic/poison/plague resist, high hp, with great mana regen via Unbound Spirit and Bioempathy on a Desolation and eventually Life's Champion shaman. But boy do I wish I went warpriest light. Why is there even a heavy option? Decked with stone leggings and bracelets (with 100% stone armor use), a 50 lb breastplate, pieces of dern gear, I felt like I never saw the benefits described in the helpfile. I would charge a group of three and swear there wasn't an anti gank code. I would have preferred the suppcraft bonus every day of the week. I feel like if any build would have shined as a heavy warpriest this was it, and I was sorely disappointed.

On to goodbyes. If I don't mention you doesn't mean your not important, there were just so many people I interacted with I can only remember my highlights. Drop me a line and I will respond.

Outlander:

Strienat: Thanks for all the Fish! Times two! My second follower, and second tatt. I love your religion and I appreciate you letting me try a very different path (though Yllonis could have been said to be different type of cat as well) and succeed with it.

Drehir: Thanks for incorporating me in the healing of the Scar quest. Bad ass all around, and I appreciate the RP your followers bring to the table.

Tanzer: Why did you take your ball and go home? You killed the pick up game that was outlander. When you imm'ed, Outlander lost a lot of its luster to me and just became really Ho Hum. I loved my interactions with mortal Tanzer, especially my rebellious behavior against Gwilly and the Goody Ancients after I helped you that one time.

Gwilly: the kicking druid, at least when I found you. You were my first and best IC buddy. I loved how we met very organically in the veil and it just became a great friendship after that. Thanks for looking beyond a character's race and being open to and embracing my Story with me. We grew together, and not just in levels but RP, and our solid presence in the lands. I appreciated your views of not acting criminally because of the repercussions, but you know.. Ta hell wid dem crap! Ol Bil ain got no need for em laws.

Horner: You were before me, and after me. Keep up the great presence and rock solid RP.

All the rest of you Outties, you rock!

All the Undead: I'm sorry. Bil was just set up to fight you. I would only say Gaspere really challenged me after he liched and built up a phylac base. But that was also Bil pre-Life's Champion. I got it, and you deleted only a few days later. I was BUMMED!!

Emnon: Thanks man! Thanks for the RC win and reward. Thanks for the RP. Thanks for letting me be a defiant dwarf to unlife. And thanks for making everyone around me pay for it. My apologies for getting you on the player base's #### list when you scourged me during an Inn event because I would not stop saying your name. That was one form of my defiance, since I knew I could not truly do battle with you, and not to say I didn't try!

Heralds: Renize, Daphee, and Whildur: You all rock. I loved my RP and my exploring with you all. I guess I took a really utilitarian approach, and as soon as Daphee lost her spells I didn't see a whole lot of point in hanging around other than to chastise you for losing them. Renee you were Bil's second best friend to Gwily. Thanks for all the travels and RP, and chance to contribute not only a submission to the Exhibition, but also to give you the second theme for it. And Whildur you just rocked, keep it up.

Spire:
Oh Laeden, I respected you as a player, your skills, and leadership you gave the Spire, but boy did Bil despise you IC. I could not stand your total disregard for alignment and how you would hunt goodies as relentlessly as you did. I truly wished you had been turned neutral. As I said on your death thread, the first time I fought Caec beside you I didn't know who you were or that you were a Tribunal. The first time I raided the spire, I didn't have detect good up. But then I found out you were not only a goodie hunting goodies, of the spire, but then you married to of of my best buddies, I was irate, and boy did I let Reni know every chance I got(Sorry Renize!). I made a point to not act like criminally or raid the Spire after our deal which was with you not the Spire. That said, I would make a point to push you, and later other goodie tribunals to try and break my perception of the good alignement.

Qinsa: You’re a beast. Your welcome for the belt. I had no clue you could perma lag via ground control, and that was the one time I went in without protective shield or storm cloak. Seems like your following in Laedens and Hit’s footsteps and making a solid presence for the Spire.

Aesoakob I HATED you. I tolerated paladins, I tolerated dwarfs, I could accept a lot of things but not you. I could not tolerate a goodie paladin summoning the Duergar King or evil frost giants to defend the Spire. Mabey the imms don't have anything against that, but to me an experienced paladin player, I thought that was one of the most blatant violation of the Code. And after that it was all I was trying to do, to get you break your Code and the RP after it. But you just would tow the line of the Spire blah blah Order blah is more important than the goodie alignment or paladin code blah.

(Sidebar) I think summoning mobs needs to be level dependent. I think it is ridiculous for a solo level 20 shaman/necro/paladin/AP defend against a hero, decorated character by summoning a horde of mobs at the inners. Yeah, I know its easy to say just don’t earthrend, but, that is really all Desolation gets to go to town. And I would not touch demon fire for RP reasons, and fatigue or affliction just didn't have the punch. I might as well kick or blast through what ever other mobs were around. I just didn't have any good single target nukes.

The rest of the Spire, I just thought were easy pickings. Thanks for the frags!

Empire: Caec you suck, Golthazar you suck, Gaspere you suck. Just kidding, you all continually proved to me I am still a noob. Thanks for the reality checks.

Battle: the Snot Hammering BEAST!! I just remember one of the first times we clashed, we had an invoker, me and Gwily.. and you sent all three of us packing. And every time after that I was lucky if I escaped with my life. I think I only died once to you, but that was to me over staying my welcome.

Sekope, Praghirk and other RBW duergar: Thanks for always being around and ready for a throw down. I am sad that I didn’t get you that first time I used Luminous Assault Sekope.. I thought I would pull that out as a surprise finisher… Almost got you there… almost.

I know I am forgetting a lot of folks that I interacted with, but hopefully you all had as much fun as I did. I had a to of fun with this character, but with my absence from him and the game, I just need to move on and start anew.

Bil is off to feed the mold one last time...

Bilgritik Grummeltuff the Bearer of the Emerald Oak, Dwarven Defender of Thar Eris
Yllonis the Healing Touch of the Emerald Oak, Cardinal of the Golden Sun
Alanabra (Joheem Outlander Druid)
(Mabey I will try a non empowerment character! or get over 300 hours...)

NoobAgainFri 22-Apr-16 08:31 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
411 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127855, "Meh"
In response to Reply #2

"So, confession time. This was the third time I was empowered with Bilgritik Grummeltuff. First was a Nely healer, second was a Ysaloerye shaman, third was the Bearer of the Emerald Oak. Same role, same desc.. the first two never made it past lvl 25 though, and how the RP was played out in real time was VASTLY different. Bil really came to life this time."

Just browsing the forums. I never interfaced with you IC. Sounds like Bil was a very successful character. That said, the part quoted above is kinda lame.

Renize (Anonymous)Sat 23-Apr-16 01:03 AM
Charter member
#127857, "Aw, Bil!"
In response to Reply #2

Goodbye, dear oldest friend. I always enjoyed our chats, even if we did hang out much less later on in life. As for the opining on Laeden, it of course exasperated Renize (but her player got the biggest chuckle out of it). You will be missed. And thank you for contributing to the exhibition. I was delighted at being able to convince Bil that art comes in many forms. Good luck with life.

Laeden Leech (Anonymous)Sat 23-Apr-16 07:09 AM
Charter member
#127858, "Like I said, early on I thought you were a Reaver"
In response to Reply #2

because I misunderstood a mob yell about no rest for the wicked. But even when I figured things out... Good Tribs have always hunted Good criminals, that's just how the cookie crumbles.

To be fair, you weren't in a position to notice any of my efforts to stand up to my alignment. Laeden would say, you were too busy destroying Galadon.

Speaking of that, I always viewed the "no offensive powers" law as a law against collateral damage; the game mechanics don't simulate it, but logically an earthquake or fireball in a crowded city like Galadon would harm dozens of residents (and destroy their homes), even if no actual mobs or PCs are in harm's way. Not every one of the 10000 citizens of Galadon is represented by a mob in-game but it doesn't mean they aren't there!

I tried to explain that to you IC, and you just brushed me off. And now you're saying I didn't come off as a goodie...

Anyway, CF is about drama and conflict. We could have just avoided it and sat each in our own cabal and done nothing, but isn't it more fun to have clashes and angst and whatnot? That's how the stories thrive. So... thanks for being what you were.

Tanzer (Anonymous)Sat 23-Apr-16 07:11 AM
Charter member
#127859, "Oh, Billy."
In response to Reply #2

First of all, this is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about one of my characters.

Secondly, wow, I loved Billy.

I tended to leave you alone when you were a pledge because there were always worse enemies and I also thought you'd be a bit of an easy meal.

I was wrong about that.

The couple of times I took a poke at you I was amazed at how tough you were and how much damage you could put out.

Once you were in the Tree you were a tremendous asset who was never afraid to mix it up, which was nice to see in a warden.

I suspected you were gonna get dumped on for helping me gather gear, but keep smiling, keep shining, that's what friends are for.

Definitely one of my favorite Outlanders of all time, just really top notch.

GLWYN

Gwildaththea (Anonymous)Sat 23-Apr-16 11:19 AM
Charter member
#127860, "GLWYN!"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to see you go, you were the closest to IC friend Gwildaththea ever had. We came up together, more or less, and to see you delete is sad. I wouldn't quite say that killing you with herbs was the pinnacle of my char, but it's up there in the amusement value.

Horner (Anonymous)Fri 22-Apr-16 01:27 PM
Charter member
#127853, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Bilgritik Grummeltuff the..."
In response to Reply #0

Rage Delete..what happened?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127852 Previous topic | Next topic