Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lathlaeril Ar'dan Elorinathas the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127835
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 20-Apr-16 06:08 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127835, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lathlaeril Ar'dan Elorinathas the Light's Unwavering Knight, Marshall of the Fortress"

Wed Apr 20 06:07:28 2016

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Lathlaeril perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:473

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Light guide you, and thanks for all the fish, Lathlaeril, 20-Apr-16 01:34 PM, #2
Reply RE: Light guide you, and thanks for all the fish, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 20-Apr-16 02:56 PM, #4
Reply Sad panda, Calion, 20-Apr-16 04:13 PM, #5
Reply Ah, hello, dear Lathlaerilandanarias., Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 20-Apr-16 10:07 PM, #6
Reply I interacted with you as few characters and i think you..., Shaapaa, 21-Apr-16 01:14 AM, #7
Reply Brother Lathlaeril!, Sollin, 21-Apr-16 06:48 AM, #8
Reply Elven Standards, Luthantulas, 23-Apr-16 12:35 AM, #9
Reply So much for unwavering :), Kstatida, 20-Apr-16 12:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: So much for unwavering :), Lathlaeril, 20-Apr-16 01:55 PM, #3

LathlaerilWed 20-Apr-16 01:34 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127838, "Light guide you, and thanks for all the fish"
In response to Reply #0

It has been a wonderful ride, and for that I would like to thank each and every one of you. I would have liked to con or age die this character, but my available playtime took a dive and playing the odd server times didn't amount to having many people to interact with.

IMMS: Thanks for keeping this place alive and running. You truly do not get enough recognition for what you do.

Baerinika, thank you for everything! I was really surprised when you made me Maran. When I rolled Lathlaeril I hadn't decided to follow a religion. As the character developed it made sense for him to worship Shokai and the traditions of the Maran. I know that you held the door open for me to decide in which way I would like to interact, and I had some ideas, but whenever it came to writing them down in a role it became a choice between writing a role entry or playing the game and I chose the latter. In hindsight I regret that choice, you would have been fun. I do not know if it was you or Avderlain but whoever gave me the opportunity to lead thank you, I had a blast.

Luthantulas, Lathlaeril looked up to you as to a paragon among elves. I really had fun talking to you on those few occasions, and for what it is worth I had a blast that time when you talked me down that I was not eloquent enough by elven standards. I loved that experience, the problem is I was already giving it all I've got

FRIENDS:

Seayon, you showed me more than anyone else how this MUD works. Only few players are able to make a simple run through an area like a self-contained adventure on its own. You really made the game enjoyable and I was looking forward to the next time I was able to log in. I hope you are still around.

Lithodora, thanks for inducting me. I ended up using the elf_only gear and the preps you showed me for the rest of the character's lifespan.

Domond, you thought me most of what I know of preps. It was unfortunate that you left when you did, but we got the blasted mummy at least.

Arrashaw, cool beyond words. I can never roleplay a felar and you're nailing it. I am really sorry we didn't get to travel more together.

Lhotki, good luck with the Brigade. I suggest you dig deeper in the story of the Fortress, the Brigade and Maran in general. I have had a lot of fun with it, and I am sure you can have great time with it too.

ENEMIES: I had made an attempt never to back out of a fight with this character. If I wasn't hunting people more actively it is because I really have no idea where to find them. But when fights came my way I tended to fight back as best as I could. The only time I didn't respond to a raid was when Gaspare raided and I was still trying to get up on my feet from a run in with his scourge.

Tsalantha, Lathlaeril was sphere purity and thought elves were superior to all other races. Drow to his view were a cautionary tale of what happened to elves who disregarded the guidance of the divine. And there you were, a drow, following a cult that perverted and corrupted both Purity and Truth. I could think of no better antithesis to Lathlaeril, and shame it didn't last longer. I loved our interactions, I think you did a very well! CF enters a different category of fun when there are BigBads running around intimidating everyone, and I hope in the future there are more of them around.

Tanzer, you stuck out. I'm used to nightreavers being.. well for a lack of a better word, creeps. It was unfortunate that we didn't fight more, I was curious what the hydra could do, but talking to you was even better as I have always appreciated the clash of ideas more than the clash of character builds. Your mortal shell confounded me, Tanzer Vick. But your divine form is not safe, as I have ascended to the Azure Fields as a Maran Tara'bal and will keep a constant vigil.

Well it has dragged on longer than I had expected. Sorry for that, but Lathlaeril was intentionally longwinded at times.

Lastly I would like to offer an observation. I have been around for a long time (since the late 90s) but I get to play only occasionally and whenever I come back I find myself having to learn the game anew. This aspect is very daunting in CF, but this time around I have been shown more things than in all the years before, and in general people were far more gallant in victory. I like those changes in the attitude of the playerbase and I hope to find it grown in that direction when I return next time.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Wed 20-Apr-16 02:56 PM
Charter member
#127840, "RE: Light guide you, and thanks for all the fish"
In response to Reply #2

I liked your take on elves and it's fair to say you never backed down from a fight with me.

You were a pretty tough match up and were unlucky not to kill me the first time we fought. Unless I prepped fully, in which case you'd easily escape. The one time I thought I probably would get you was in the temple, when I got you blind, and maybe poisoned or something, but you managed to keep fleeing north from the lich each time I got you to flee black into him instead of fleeing the wrong way from the lich. MAybe good use of retreat?

Anyway, well done, and thanks for not backing down.

CalionWed 20-Apr-16 04:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127841, "Sad panda"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 20-Apr-16 04:13 PM

Wow, you are too kind, I certainly don't feel worthy of such praise. But it was always a pleasure to see you, Lathlaeril definitely had this air of a dutiful, gallant elven knight and noble about him that I will sorely miss. And so sad that now there'll be no more chances of running around together. =(

Anyways, top notch character and I wish you all the best.

Edit: I don't get it why this won't appear anonymously, even though I put the char name there when I first posted. Stupid phone or something.

Laeden Leech (Anonymous)Wed 20-Apr-16 10:07 PM
Charter member
#127843, "Ah, hello, dear Lathlaerilandanarias."
In response to Reply #2

Intentionally longwinded was a trait we shared.

I couldn't help but compare you to Adesoka because you both had a few distinctly Maran-ish traits that came into conflict with mine. It was also the fact that you both stood out as someone willing to discuss the conflict we had.

I didn't exactly consider you an ally because you were so aloof and never really cooperated much, and along with that I think you nailed the part about being a superior elf yet not coming off as snooty and condescending. Like, a true gentleman and all that.

See you in the fields.

ShaapaaThu 21-Apr-16 01:14 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2016
6 posts
#127844, "I interacted with you as few characters and i think you..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm very sorry there weren't many people to play with at the time when you was usually awake.

SollinThu 21-Apr-16 06:48 AM
Member since 31st Jan 2011
78 posts
#127846, "Brother Lathlaeril!"
In response to Reply #2

Hey mate!

Thanks for all the fun adventures. I liked Lathlaeril from the first moment I gated to you randomly in the Desert and right up to the very end of our crazy journeys. Your RP was fantastic, the character seemed to grow stronger and more bold the older he got and the more foes he vanquished for the Light!

It was a true pleasure, you were perhaps my favourite character I came across in my brief return to the game

Thanks again, Brother Bobandarilas...

Seayon

LuthantulasSat 23-Apr-16 12:35 AM
Member since 20th Mar 2016
9 posts
#127856, "Elven Standards"
In response to Reply #2

I too enjoyed our conversation. I'm glad you enjoyed our discussion on elven eloquence and as it seems from others who have already replied, you ran with it and excelled. I cringe every time I see an elf say along the lines of, "sup dude."

GLWYN

KstatidaWed 20-Apr-16 12:59 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127837, "So much for unwavering :)"
In response to Reply #0

You were cool. Pretty noobie at times, but still cool. Props for sticking it out, it certainly took much to play so much in lowest population times.

LathlaerilWed 20-Apr-16 01:55 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
86 posts
#127839, "RE: So much for unwavering :)"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks man! Sure, the low population time is a bitch for some things, but there is a perk to it as well. You often get to pretend you are the King of the Hill and there is no one around to tell you otherwise.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127835 Previous topic | Next topic