Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Izana Nyne the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127109
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 07-Feb-16 04:48 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127109, "(DELETED) [None] Izana Nyne the Planewalker"

Sun Feb 7 15:44:32 2016

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Izana perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:76

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I didn't like your familiar, sorry n/t, Zqoemoa (Anonymous), 11-Feb-16 12:05 PM, #7
Reply Was fun to have the awesome cat., KoeKhaos, 09-Feb-16 04:32 PM, #1
     Reply Wish you the best., Jorje (Anonymous), 09-Feb-16 04:42 PM, #2
     Reply Didn't forget you so much..., KoeKhaos, 09-Feb-16 04:46 PM, #3
     Reply you know conjurers have a class spell to be immune summ..., laxman, 09-Feb-16 04:58 PM, #4
          Reply Also makes you immune c word though., KoeKhaos, 09-Feb-16 05:28 PM, #5
               Reply Maybe think of angels as a one shot, incognito, 10-Feb-16 03:46 AM, #6

Zqoemoa (Anonymous)Thu 11-Feb-16 12:05 PM
Charter member
#127139, "I didn't like your familiar, sorry n/t"
In response to Reply #0

gr

KoeKhaosTue 09-Feb-16 04:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127125, "Was fun to have the awesome cat."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 09-Feb-16 04:32 PM

This character was made to have fun. I saw people talking about not looking at descriptions and I tried to make a point to look at people and notice things about them and talk to them about them. I tried to talk to anyone and share things with them if I could. Have debate,etc. The goal was to explore the #### out of all the new areas I don't know, which seems to be a LOT now. I also planned to host events where people argued in game theories and idealogies. A bit sorry I didn't get to make that happen. Play hours would have made it darn near impossible anyhow.

I just can't play anymore. People probably noticed I went AFK in the middle of fights or randomly logged in and out a lot. I am only able to play at work anymore and with that comes the fact that work comes first. People walk in or someone calls and I have to respond immediately which would leave me to die and such. This last bit I spent 2 con fighting a mob for a couple hours and had it to convulsing finally when another player decided to hound me for the next hour. At that point I just thought... what am I doing sitting here wasting time on this when I can't really actively play like this game requires. I decided to quit then.

Now on to the good part. I was actually very surprised to have won the role contest. I was full expecting to RP for a long time in hopes of getting a cat if I didn't get one by chance. Getting a buffed out cat was just a shock and it was amazing. The cat was literally the only thing that kept me going for this long so thank you Verathi and Raltevio for the Role Contest win and RP. The enhanced cat familiar was just absolutely amazing and pretty beastly. I did notice it was a lot weaker than I remember my previous familiar (I had all three familiar edges) being though, taking a lot more damage than I remember from a ton of others. It would die to single breath attacks and such. Not sure if that was nerfs over the past 10 years of just being the cat having a weakeness. The thing was just overall amazing though. Loved it. Wish I had more time to play is all.

Now on to neutral conjurers. Neutral conjurers are just so tough to play anymore. I've been playing neutral conjurers since they released, and they always were a bit hard, but in the past few years they have gotten much worse it seems. I feel like possibly since edges went int they made them harder to manage so that pre-edge abilities were the same as fully edges abilities as once I get the edge for archons they felt closer to what they used to and I had a few less problems. Either that or char level helped. 100% of the time no matter how strong my bindings, angels would always turn on me within 20-30 hours. I mean a 0 mana angel with 600 mana binding would turn long before it's timer came off and kill me. I gave up on angels after the third of fourth one like this. Archons were hit or miss before I got the edge too. I don't know if balance on neutral conjurers could be looked into or not, but it's just how I feel.

I also wish there was a way to set pets not to auto-track. I still feel like Mhirnal constantly summoning me on the roads and iceballing pets then going into town to try to warrant me, considering I could just step out of Udgaard, be summoned, flee once, and he runs south twice, pet tracks south, and bam. I am wanted. Pretty damn close to what happened and I still feel it's mechanically pretty lame. People say stay away from towns, but that means every area even conntected between towns which means most of the game. Either that or just not have pets. End rant on that issue since it doesn't really matter at this point and most people think it's ok as is.

Jorje (Anonymous)Tue 09-Feb-16 04:42 PM
Charter member
#127126, "Wish you the best."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our conversations and some RP early on but it seemed you forgot me later in life. I hope your situation improves so that you can get back into the game. Overall, I wish you well and glwyn if you make another go at it.

KoeKhaosTue 09-Feb-16 04:46 PM
400 posts
#127128, "Didn't forget you so much..."
In response to Reply #2

Just didn't have the focus at all to play. I would have liked to have explored with you but the only time I saw you after I got to hero was right after that thief made me promise not to give you back the convegnos... and it was only shortly after that that I decided to delete anyhow. I had planned to invite you as a speaker at my first convention, but alas... Hope you get some convegnos back and keep on exploring the class.

laxmanTue 09-Feb-16 04:58 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#127129, "you know conjurers have a class spell to be immune summ..."
In response to Reply #1

Neutral is tough because you need to constantly "feed" your servitors. With fewer people around to help this a neutral conjurer might not want to always have servitors. And the detect hide familiars are silly low HP for all alignments.

KoeKhaosTue 09-Feb-16 05:28 PM
400 posts
#127131, "Also makes you immune c word though."
In response to Reply #4

And you need to know you are going to need it to have it up, though it is something. And yeah, I did think of it being that the cat is vuln. It might also have less hp, though I recall the flying ones mostly being the weakest. I still feel like the warded familiar was nerfed compared to old days based on the damage incoming before and after it, not neccesarily the worst thing so not the top of my list. Considering my familiars used to solo the dracolich. And that is long after the nerf to early familiar(which were doing demolishes at level 17 lol). As for feeding angels, the last one was with a group constantly killing evils. Still turned super early on me. 0 mana conjurer, 600 mana bind. Angels are impossible as a neutral currently I feel. At least a young one. I've mastered neutral conjurers in the past and I am telling you they have changed a lot in these areas. They can still be fun, if you are willing to die a hell of a lot no matter how cautious/skilled you are though. Goodies are mostly all you see now for a reason though.

incognitoWed 10-Feb-16 03:44 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127134, "Maybe think of angels as a one shot"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 10-Feb-16 03:46 AM

When you know you are going into a specific fight?

Or as something to leave unbound when a Necro is heading your way.

Even as an evil I got a lot of use out of archangels. But generally just for whacking a single tough mob, and almost always one it was aggro to.

For example the lich in barovia. The guys at the top of calandryl etc. they were actually my regear mobs and I used angels to do it.

I also managed about 12 hrs with an archon but it would only heal me when I got down to about 200 hp. And that was constant fighting against undead. Still kept me alive through thorn heart long enough for the outlander scouts to stop staking out thorn heart ridding locations though.

As a neutral I'd probably expect to use and angel to fight an ap like mhirnal. But if he knew what he was doing it would have to be a strong one, because aura of despair is surprisingly effective dam redux vs them.

Even as a goodie angels occasionally turned on me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127109 Previous topic | Next topic