Subject: "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Tsalantha Del'Anilienu the Fist of D..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127085
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 05-Feb-16 04:40 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127085, "(DELETED) [SCARAB] Tsalantha Del'Anilienu the Fist of Darkness, Flame of the Scarab"

Fri Feb 5 15:36:52 2016

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Tsalantha perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:677

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks to many, incognito, 05-Feb-16 06:12 PM, #1
     Reply The loss of a great player :(, Torak, 05-Feb-16 06:21 PM, #2
     Reply Known you a long long time., Gaplemo, 05-Feb-16 08:26 PM, #3
     Reply Great char and we'll miss you. Good luck IRL!., TMNS, 05-Feb-16 10:58 PM, #4
     Reply Also, just because I am curious (no e-peen stuff)...how..., TMNS, 05-Feb-16 11:00 PM, #5
     Reply Well, incognito, 06-Feb-16 02:58 AM, #6
          Reply Without going into anything too secret, Gaplemo, 06-Feb-16 03:36 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Without going into anything too secret, incognito, 06-Feb-16 07:50 AM, #8
                    Reply TBH that is pretty much how you would have to do it., Gaplemo, 06-Feb-16 08:09 AM, #9
     Reply So, trying to donate, incognito, 06-Feb-16 11:55 AM, #10
     Reply Never mind, incognito, 06-Feb-16 01:27 PM, #11
     Reply All the best, Jarmel, 06-Feb-16 06:08 PM, #12
     Reply You did kill me!, incognito, 07-Feb-16 03:28 AM, #13
          Reply RE: You did kill me!, Jarmel, 07-Feb-16 03:35 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Thanks to many, Lathlaeril, 07-Feb-16 03:57 AM, #15
     Reply A shame we didn't finish it, incognito, 07-Feb-16 06:49 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Thanks to many, Rdenbrel, 08-Feb-16 04:23 AM, #17
     Reply Few things, incognito, 08-Feb-16 01:27 PM, #18
     Reply Well done, TJHuron, 08-Feb-16 03:36 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Thanks to many, Horner (Anonymous), 08-Feb-16 06:24 PM, #20
          Reply I respected your courage, incognito, 09-Feb-16 03:37 AM, #21
               Reply RE: I respected your courage, Horner (Anonymous), 09-Feb-16 12:22 PM, #22

incognitoFri 05-Feb-16 06:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127086, "Thanks to many"
In response to Reply #0

Great experience being in scarab. Atmospheric and some interesting plot threads with clever mechanics. I am privileges to have seen them.

Many great enemies. Too many to name. I think the greater frequency of marination was a good thing from my perspective. I struggled to kill marans but it was good to have a foil to oppose me.

Too much meta gaming these days. It almost seems to be seen as avceptable. If you ever once log out to avoid a dangerous situation you lose all right to claim credit for your pk achievements imo. Most of my log ins were devoid of anyone that couldn't hide. Those who did log on and fight came close to killing me on multiple occasions. Electric eels pretty much killed me at will. But seriously, if you log out to save your gear, or avoid dangerous fights, you are doing a disservice to your fellow players.

People claimed I expected everyone to walk to certain death against me, but I'm sure those I never killed can vouch for the respect I gave them for standing up for their beliefs without stepping over the line into suicide.

It's all academic to me though as I can no longer play. Jalim, I'm sorry I won't be able to do the shield ded pally. If, against my expectations, I ever can play again, I will make sure I play one as the first char.

I really hope cf prospers. Now that I no longer play I'll be making a donation in the hope that it helps. But the playerbase need to avoid skewing balance through questionable means if that's to happen.

Good luck everyone and thanks for many years of struggle and entertainment.

TorakFri 05-Feb-16 06:20 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127087, "The loss of a great player :("
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 05-Feb-16 06:21 PM

Going to miss you.... we'll see how much longer I can hold out before I follow the same path.

GaplemoFri 05-Feb-16 08:26 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127089, "Known you a long long time."
In response to Reply #1

Wish you luck with future endeavors. Will be missed man.

TMNSFri 05-Feb-16 10:58 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#127090, "Great char and we'll miss you. Good luck IRL!."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the fights.

I agree with you. At least, in our fight, if I had done a few things different I may have actually put you in some danger of dying.

Oh well.

TMNSFri 05-Feb-16 11:00 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#127091, "Also, just because I am curious (no e-peen stuff)...how..."
In response to Reply #1

And man did your logs of the battles with Sodsob make my brain start going crazy hoping we could see another rash of badass APs that would create a CF "Game of Thrones" super-weapon.

incognitoSat 06-Feb-16 02:54 AM
4495 posts
#127092, "Well"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sat 06-Feb-16 02:58 AM

Both sodsob and I risked a lot fighting each other, but I think we'd both come to the realisation that the only way to build a super weapon was to take lots of charges from aps that had gathered them. Because our own ranges basically emptied.

That said, things like lashes of the slave are pretty useless now even with the charges I had. It has been nerfed in every possible way. Less damage, way less maladiction, can wimpy from it etc. I had switched back to whip but only so I could try cleaving the lich. It was suboptimal otherwise. Don't think I saw him after the switch tho.

Lich alone wasn't scary as, unless he knows some sneaky way to bypass saves, I was safe enough apart from the split second after a retrieval. But I couldn't stand against the damage he out out.

Oh, charges wise, around 135 in my main weapon, and the odd charge in random weapons. Overall I probably took around 220 charges but I lost a few significant charges on the way. Think I lost a little over 40 in one go when I got looted to the pies by a char I'd never heard of, which was kind of my fault because I let a conjie talk me into a duel on water, didn't use protections, and didn't even heal fully before the fight. Didn't expect the electric eel.

GaplemoSat 06-Feb-16 03:36 AM
619 posts
#127093, "Without going into anything too secret"
In response to Reply #6

A lich can do things to bump their saves that makes the skill TOIW look like the armor spell. Seriously, its absurd. Multiple ways, at that.

incognitoSat 06-Feb-16 07:50 AM
4495 posts
#127096, "RE: Without going into anything too secret"
In response to Reply #7

Yeah, but then, I would only ever try cleaving the lich. Wouldn't expect him to die to anything else vs my build. Spells are rubbish even if he doesn't do lichy stuff.

GaplemoSat 06-Feb-16 08:09 AM
619 posts
#127097, "TBH that is pretty much how you would have to do it."
In response to Reply #8

However, my good sir....

I had something at one point. I won't say what, but had I given it to the Lich, there is no way you would have killed Gaspare. I found a way to make him effectively invincible, and that includes from cleave, assassinate or pwk. Dude would have never died till age death nailed him, especially with the talent he possesses with the necro class. No idea who is playing him, but I would be willing to bet my screen name that Gaspare is NOT his first undead. The dude is extremely versed in the class.

The mostly good news is it is highly unlikely that any other player goes and gathers that item again, so you can pretty much forget it as an option.

Your AP was impressive, and I know you had been wanting to try another for a while. Glad you found your groove with this one so well, you didn't seem too rusty on the class.

incognitoSat 06-Feb-16 11:55 AM
4495 posts
#127098, "So, trying to donate"
In response to Reply #1

But the donate link from the pbf won't let me change country of payment from us to uk?

incognitoSat 06-Feb-16 01:27 PM
4495 posts
#127099, "Never mind"
In response to Reply #10

Solved that issue but paypal's password reset crashes my phone. Will have to wait until I have my laptop.

JarmelSat 06-Feb-16 06:08 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#127100, "All the best"
In response to Reply #1

Holy hell as Kregan you totally had my number.

I couldnt find a way i could kill you i hope i atleast made it frustrating for you to get me with the fights we had 😊

All the way throught you were super classy. My one regret is i could sleep you to save Aaoltha when i was an anathema and you had them messed up on dragon sea.

All the best!

incognitoSun 07-Feb-16 03:28 AM
4495 posts
#127103, "You did kill me!"
In response to Reply #12

When I retrieved vs you and the mummy you roundhoused me to death after he made me drop my weapon. But then you returned my 12 charge weapon so I could kill lilyth.

I promptly then died to lilyth. Heh.

JarmelSun 07-Feb-16 03:35 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#127104, "RE: You did kill me!"
In response to Reply #13

Totally forgot about that.

But ganks dont count. Even when they are awesome roundhouse ones.😁

LathlaerilSun 07-Feb-16 03:57 AM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
86 posts
#127105, "RE: Thanks to many"
In response to Reply #1

You were a great enemy. Always classy and constantly pushing for a fight. Well done, you will be missed.

And thus our bladesong ends my lost kin. Abruptly and with out resolution it remains a mere echo in eternity.

incognitoSun 07-Feb-16 06:49 AM
4495 posts
#127106, "A shame we didn't finish it"
In response to Reply #15

I think it could have gone either way. You were really tough and the first time I seriously underestimated you. To parry that many hits from your flurry was exceptionally lucky for me.

I liked how we both brought the fights to each other too. Thought I might have you when you came within the temple but I couldn't stop you fleeing north every time. Other than that time you mostly kicked my ass.

It's because of chars like yours that I'm generally in favour of more marination now.

RdenbrelMon 08-Feb-16 04:23 AM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
#127112, "RE: Thanks to many"
In response to Reply #1

Eh, sad to see..
Why is this?
Something in RL?

Whatever it was, thank you for all interactions and fights we had.
And good luck with your next, if this will going to happen.

incognitoMon 08-Feb-16 01:27 PM
4495 posts
#127115, "Few things"
In response to Reply #17

New job starting 22nd feb and on hol from 17th abroad, so no time to play.

Also my pk range was normally empty of anyone I could attack and people generally didn't attack me. So I was a bit isolated. The problem with focussing too much on rp instead, is that you are guaranteed to get jumped while typing a tell. And as an ap that's too costly.

I liked your characters though and you really improved a lot over my lifetime. Hope you continue because the mud needs more players like you. If I'm right about your latest incarnation I think you were one of a very few to defend your cabal, and im glad you survived it comfortably. Most people that fight me had builds suited to it. Yours was less so but you still did well.

TJHuronMon 08-Feb-16 03:36 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127117, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

Hey just wanted to say great job. Pretty sure I interacted with you with 2 characters. The experiences were all fun.

Horner (Anonymous)Mon 08-Feb-16 06:24 PM
Charter member
#127118, "RE: Thanks to many"
In response to Reply #1

Can't say we had a lot of interaction but I do recall I time you came to the Huntress. After a brief skirmish, you mentioned that since you respected my defense that no more harm was going to come to me or the Huntress that day.

incognitoTue 09-Feb-16 03:37 AM
4495 posts
#127121, "I respected your courage"
In response to Reply #20

Think I also tried to give you some ic tips to help you stay alive? You seemed quite new to the Druid class. But yeah, I think when I realised you were new I stopped trying to kill you. You did well to fight, but don't stay in the fights too long. As a Druid you can probably heal and refresh yourself regularly as long as you keep clear while doing so.

Good luck and keep it up. Being willing to have a go is key to learning ( but log everything and review your logs to try to work out what might have worked better).

Horner (Anonymous)Tue 09-Feb-16 12:22 PM
Charter member
#127123, "RE: I respected your courage"
In response to Reply #21

Yes, this is my first attempt at a Druid and first attempt at a creature requiring empowerment too.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127085 Previous topic | Next topic