Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ichetkal the Dai Sensei of the Miyam..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127073
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 03-Feb-16 12:08 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127073, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ichetkal the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"

Wed Feb 3 11:05:57 2016

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ichetkal perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:139

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JormyrWed 03-Feb-16 06:39 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127076, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ichetkal the Dai Sensei of the M..."
In response to Reply #0

A little disappointed in this, but I don't know that I can be too saddened at losing the guy who comes across having deleted because they didn't get leadership in the Rites. I do feel as though you may have taken things a little personal.

1) Getting smited in the Rites wasn't about having done anything wrong. Jormyr's just evil, and can be a petty jerk.

2) Overall, I thought Ichetkal did decently well, particularly when it came to individual fighting. Unfortunately, you got demolished in the 2nd round of the Rites.

Ultimately, yeah, it does stink not to get picked. I've been there, too. Hopefully you were ready to delete beforehand and just decided to stick around for the Rites, rather than the results causing the deletion.

SaagkriWed 03-Feb-16 11:47 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#127077, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ichetkal the Dai Sensei of the M..."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't mind the smite at all. But if I had just ignored it IC, I think it would have either been disrespectful, or warranted a more severe rebuke. I just wasn't happy with some edge choices I made with Ichektal and said before I left on CB that I had made plans to leave the village previously but stuck around to experience the rites (As I'd never seen them before).

I was disappointed that I didn't make it to the interview part. The rites, like battle, are imperfect and it's difficult to see and take into account everything that happens. I didn't even realize until I saw the log that I tripped Tril during my duel with Grim because I hadn't had time to set my new target. Also, with an assassin, not knowing who you're going to be fighting, it's difficult to know when to use martial trance, as you won't have 24 hours before the next battle.

That said, you make the decisions and ultimately, I think you chose the best Commander and drillmaster out of us all.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127073 Previous topic | Next topic