Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Varnon Magmacarn the Dogged Warmong..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127013
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 26-Jan-16 11:04 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127013, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Varnon Magmacarn the Dogged Warmonger, Commander of Battle"

Tue Jan 26 22:02:24 2016

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Varnon perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:628

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Salute to you!, Selionar (Anonymous), 13-Feb-16 10:48 PM, #14
Reply Goodbyes and Stuff, Polmier (Anonymous), 27-Jan-16 06:51 PM, #3
Reply So long. , Nydfeldt (Anonymous), 27-Jan-16 07:39 PM, #4
Reply RE: So long. , Varnon (Anonymous), 27-Jan-16 07:49 PM, #5
Reply So the score stays even forever, Zqoemoa (Anonymous), 28-Jan-16 10:39 AM, #6
Reply RE: So the score stays even forever, Polmier (Anonymous), 28-Jan-16 11:19 AM, #7
Reply Enjoyed your run, Tiissana (Anonymous), 28-Jan-16 10:49 PM, #8
Reply RE: Enjoyed your run, Varnon (Anonymous), 02-Feb-16 07:46 PM, #13
Reply Pretty solid character, Belulia (Anonymous), 31-Jan-16 01:01 PM, #9
Reply RE: Pretty solid character, Varnon (Anonymous), 02-Feb-16 07:45 PM, #12
Reply Thanks for all the company, Torzen (Anonymous), 01-Feb-16 12:27 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Thanks for all the company, Varnon (Anonymous), 02-Feb-16 07:45 PM, #11
Reply Classy, Kstatida, 27-Jan-16 04:21 AM, #2
Reply You prick., Jormyr, 26-Jan-16 11:42 PM, #1

Selionar (Anonymous)Sat 13-Feb-16 10:48 PM
Charter member
#127170, "Salute to you!"
In response to Reply #0

Had some great fights and you always seemed willing to mix it up.
Gotta give it to you holding the Village together during the empire
roving bands of mayhem times.
Well played lover of war!
GLWYN

Polmier (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jan-16 06:50 PM
Charter member
#127027, "Goodbyes and Stuff"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 27-Jan-16 06:51 PM

This character was a lot of fun. Time for some non-villagers though.

My specs were mace and sword. Damn do I regret swords. I know they work, but they do not suit me. I should have went polearm, but just finished a polearm spec.

My legacies were whispers and cry for all but the last 30 hours of my characters life. Thanks Jormyr for Fires at the end. Excellent legacies both of the first two. Fires was very hard to judge.

Jormyr: You made this character a lot of fun. Thanks for the interactions and for the tattoo. Sorry I never did complete that task. I am too easy on all other characters (interviews, magi, etc.). I did cranial a few that used magic in front of me. Should have done them all.

Verathi: For whatever part (maybe all) you played in me being commander thank you.

Ahjevhi: Thanks for everything. Wish you had been around longer, but when you are done you are done. Thanks for the drillmaster. Thanks for the task at the interview. I had fun with that.

Aaoltha: Damn what fun. Lots of fights. I was a hard fight for you, but yet you still came. Got me a bunch when I thirsted. Way to many deaths to thirst and the damn felar chief.

Aufang: Great foe and great fights. We should have roleplayed more, but an assassin is hard to talk to.

Varaez: Damn good fighter. Damn good talker. I loved you while your enemies probably hated your mouth. Wish you could have ran with me longer.

Kowelu: Tough foe and always prepared.

Tummel: Thanks for holding down the village while I had house repairs for two weeks. Good character.

Current villagers: Good luck with the rites currently villagers. Most of you are quite good at either RP or PK. A few at both. I have my prediction on the next commander, but I will keep it to myself.

Golrum: Good talk at the end. Should have done that sooner. Sorry it ended early.

Sindulr: Tough foe. I was quite pleased when I got the final blow on your final death.

Gaspare: My bane. Almost had you so many times when you were coming up. Never got you and in the end you probably got 3 or 4 con off of me.

Sodsob: So good at pk. Might have another 2 or 3 con from me as well. No roleplay whatsoever that I saw, but perhaps that was the intent. Always was honorable to me though.

Golthazar: Very good. Best warrior (all around pk and rp) I have played against since Marintok.

Hitrilipmi: Favorite character in the game. So much con to you as well due to flags, but I had to continue to play the chaotic dwarf that seeks strife.

Others: Please reply to this and I will respond. I know I missed a lot, but the characters life was so long.

I am one of those silent majority that loves this game and tries to adept with the changes.

Keep up the good work Umiron and all other imms.

Nydfeldt (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jan-16 07:39 PM
Charter member
#127028, "So long. "
In response to Reply #3

Had a few fights against you with multiple characters and enjoyed the bit of rp back and forth but I still enjoy it more when we're on the same side. GLWYN

Varnon (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jan-16 07:49 PM
Charter member
#127029, "RE: So long. "
In response to Reply #4

I enjoy our fights as well. Hard to talk with an outlander shifter.

Zqoemoa (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jan-16 10:39 AM
Charter member
#127036, "So the score stays even forever"
In response to Reply #3

Loved our fights. And you were always there when I needed to stir up some trouble at Redhorn - thank you for that.

Polmier (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jan-16 11:19 AM
Charter member
#127037, "RE: So the score stays even forever"
In response to Reply #6

You were one of the ones that always kept me on my toes and going to places assassins cannot hide.

I am interested, how you will do with the anathema. Good so far.

Tiissana (Anonymous)Thu 28-Jan-16 10:49 PM
Charter member
#127040, "Enjoyed your run"
In response to Reply #3

With Tiissana, however brief that was, and with other characters. Good job all-around from what I saw. Good luck with your next, I hope it'll be memorable again.

Varnon (Anonymous)Tue 02-Feb-16 07:46 PM
Charter member
#127068, "RE: Enjoyed your run"
In response to Reply #8

Very fun to run with. You made me want to try that ranger build.

Enjoyed it.

Belulia (Anonymous)Sun 31-Jan-16 01:01 PM
Charter member
#127053, "Pretty solid character"
In response to Reply #3

It's been a while since I played Belulia, but I've interacted with you briefly with other characters more recently. When I was playing Belulia, I always looked forward to you logging on.

Varnon (Anonymous)Tue 02-Feb-16 07:45 PM
Charter member
#127067, "RE: Pretty solid character"
In response to Reply #9

You were very good at pk. It was a shame you burned out on the character as I enjoyed you.

Torzen (Anonymous)Mon 01-Feb-16 12:27 PM
Charter member
#127060, "Thanks for all the company"
In response to Reply #3

Was great to roll with you - had a lot of fun cooperating and doing rager-ly things together. Really appreciate the opportunity at being DM and the various pieces of advice you gave.

Good luck with your next, and there's a hut always open for you!

Varnon (Anonymous)Tue 02-Feb-16 07:45 PM
Charter member
#127066, "RE: Thanks for all the company"
In response to Reply #10

Congrats on commander. I enjoy your character from the beginning.

Stick it out with the village in the lean times.

KstatidaWed 27-Jan-16 04:21 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127022, "Classy"
In response to Reply #0

I loved it how you pushed even when outnumbered. Making it to 628 hours with that manner of yours is well... surprising.

JormyrTue 26-Jan-16 11:42 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127016, "You prick."
In response to Reply #0

Here I log in and you have one death left, and when I finally actually log out to actually do some work, you die within 30min.

Varnon was definitely a solid, archtypical dwarf villager. In some ways, it makes it hard to stand out, but in others it's sometimes easier to do it "right". My times don't always make it the easiest to watch people, but from what I saw, you were out there mixing it up. Though I do have to wonder when you actually manage to burn through dwarf leader con, heh.

The only significant complaint that really sticks out in my mind about Varnon was that you could be overly "soft" towards the random non-mage using magic around you. You're a dwarf! Teach 'em right by smacking 'em in the face with a mace!

Anyways, overall I enjoyed Varnon. Never flashy, but went out and got the job done. Good luck with the next.

- Jormyr

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127013 Previous topic | Next topic