Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Mhirnal Dhu'mri the Evil King,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126923
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 18-Jan-16 06:04 PM
Member since 08th Jun 2024
16916 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126923, "(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Mhirnal Dhu'mri the Evil King, Provincial Magistrate"

Mon Jan 18 17:00:53 2016

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Mhirnal perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:500

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply For the record., Umiron, 20-Jan-16 06:16 PM, #26
Reply Thanks for the feedback n/t, mharlndarn, 20-Jan-16 06:39 PM, #27
Reply Short farewells., mharlndarn, 18-Jan-16 06:42 PM, #1
     Reply Well, there goes my default mortal to torment., Jormyr, 18-Jan-16 11:53 PM, #2
     Reply Personally I think you were a piece of #### for what yo..., Conjurer (Anonymous), 19-Jan-16 10:56 AM, #3
          Reply Dude, you should never go with angels, demons into the ..., mharlndarn, 19-Jan-16 11:38 AM, #4
               Reply I didn't even try to fight you, let alone in/near the c..., Conjurer (Anonymous), 19-Jan-16 12:20 PM, #5
                    Reply Two things:, Destuvius, 19-Jan-16 12:21 PM, #6
                    Reply I'll bite., Conjurer (Anonymous), 19-Jan-16 12:44 PM, #7
                    Reply Hello Conjurer,, Tsunami, 19-Jan-16 12:58 PM, #8
                         Reply My intention wasn't to say he cheated or anything of th..., Conjurer (Anonymous), 19-Jan-16 01:14 PM, #9
                         Reply I'm unclear on what he did, incognito, 19-Jan-16 01:39 PM, #10
                         Reply RE: I'm unclear on what he did, incognito, 19-Jan-16 03:50 PM, #13
                         Reply Beront is Beront. He's a great bad guy., TMNS, 19-Jan-16 11:08 PM, #16
                              Reply Or the new guy, apparently, incognito, 20-Jan-16 12:07 AM, #17
                                   Reply Do you realize that I didn't play in a long time , mharlndarn, 20-Jan-16 12:58 AM, #18
                                        Reply Having also had a 5 year absence, incognito, 20-Jan-16 05:00 AM, #19
                                             Reply I only had a few run ins with mhirnal, so could take ex..., Onewingedangel, 20-Jan-16 06:12 AM, #20
                                             Reply I just don't know, mharlndarn, 20-Jan-16 07:44 AM, #21
                                                  Reply RE: I just don't know, incognito, 20-Jan-16 08:16 AM, #22
                                                       Reply To be fair, mharlndarn, 20-Jan-16 08:47 AM, #25
                         Reply i'd be curious to see how the concept of ORDER fit into..., silat, 19-Jan-16 01:39 PM, #11
                              Reply Hello Silat,, Tsunami, 19-Jan-16 02:50 PM, #12
                                   Reply Said I was curious about his take, not yours, silat, 19-Jan-16 07:39 PM, #14
                                        Reply Hello Silat,, Tsunami, 19-Jan-16 07:52 PM, #15
                                        Reply I thought that was a nature of a cop? NT, Kstatida, 20-Jan-16 08:21 AM, #23
                                        Reply All PCs are serial killers., Murphy, 20-Jan-16 08:34 AM, #24

UmironWed 20-Jan-16 06:16 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126954, "For the record."
In response to Reply #0

The only questionable (Tribunal) thing I ever saw Mhirnal do was the thing with the conjurer. If I had noticed that become a pattern then he probably would've found the door eventually.

Tribunal (or at least, my Tribunal) is left largely to the mortal leadership. If someone is getting away with too much or pushing the "dirty cop" angle too far and I hear about it then I sometimes intervene. I even prefer to leave dead-to-rites bad flags IC as long as I don't suspect player malice or something OOC. And them's the breaks.

On one hand, Mhirnal probably didn't do the most for Tribunal's reputation as lawmen who can be relied upon to do right by you, but he was also effective in areas like defending the Spire, killing criminals, deterring crime, etc.

The final fraction of my two cents is that I typically don't like the corrupt Tribunal role archetype. If done with sufficient classiness and sportsmanship (it never is) it can be fun and entertaining, but most of the time I'm actually pretty eager to have the Executioner open a can of you-know-what on those types. Of course, that varies heavily based upon how active I am and how often I'm watching, too.

mharlndarnWed 20-Jan-16 06:39 PM
Member since 23rd May 2011
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126955, "Thanks for the feedback n/t"
In response to Reply #26

n/t

mharlndarnMon 18-Jan-16 06:42 PM
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126925, "Short farewells."
In response to Reply #0

Four months ago, I was playing the Divinity original sin - then I said to myself, why the #### I play this bad clone of CF and rolled the char.

I didn't want to roll the anti-paladin. I regret it! God, I hate anti-paladins. I hate everything about it. I hate drow anti-paladins. I hate being with no abs sources at all. I hate flee/sleep. Soo much hate

I lost my weapon - hey don't play at 3am and rebuilding it wasn't the opinion - also I HATE DROW ANTIPALADINS!

Now to farewells.

Thanks to imms for the great game. Damn, after all those years, its still a great game to play. And I like the direction that you lead it.

My special thanks to that Imm who rped me with the mob. Damn, it was soo fun. Big thanks.

And thanks for letting me play my bad trib role. I enjoed every moment of it (despite being the anti####ingpaladin.)

I said it on qhcf. Once I got it, I just couldn't remove my bad ass tribunal hat.

See you in the fields.

PS: Thanks for the keyboard, bro

JormyrMon 18-Jan-16 11:53 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
420 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126927, "Well, there goes my default mortal to torment."
In response to Reply #1

Honestly, I just dropped by to poke fun at you guys over the comments on CB. You running with it is why you kept getting more from it. I was worried for a moment I was going to figure out how to get out of an awkward situation when you took her somewhere secluded, then I realized about halfway there that you were totally going to kill her/me. Mhirnal's IC meltdown when she disappeared was priceless.

Ah well, glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully you'll be back relatively soon, just don't roll dark-elf AP.

Conjurer (Anonymous)Tue 19-Jan-16 10:54 AM
Charter member
#126928, "Personally I think you were a piece of #### for what yo..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 19-Jan-16 10:56 AM

I probably didn't get to see any other side of you so maybe this one instance colors me badly, but the use of game mechanics in the way you did to make me wanted tied as the sleaziest thing to ever happen to me in the game next to rogue's rangers asking for help pretending to be a newbie then killing me back in the day. I tried to think reasonably at first and even asked for some way to have some ways to avoid what you did, since it isn't technically cheating or anything, but Scarab basically said he was cool with the cheap behavior. I literally almosted deleted on the spot and quit playing and lost all desire to play for several weeks.

Other than that you seemed fine. I don't know why you complain about drow when your sleep lands nearly 100% of the time from what I saw as people lower level rarely had amazing svs. Throw in the sneak, extra mana, extra landing of spells and it seemed you did quite well to me. People didn't want to play with you around because of how dangerous you were.

Come back and play a char that isn't a #### please.

mharlndarnTue 19-Jan-16 11:38 AM
195 posts
#126929, "Dude, you should never go with angels, demons into the ..."
In response to Reply #3

Especially if you just fought somebody outside.

It was always like that. And I am sorry that you feel that way.

As for drow Ap - you an do nothing in the combat. You can't land the #### on your opponents - nor you have the hp pool to try it.

Conjurer (Anonymous)Tue 19-Jan-16 12:15 PM
Charter member
#126930, "I didn't even try to fight you, let alone in/near the c..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Tue 19-Jan-16 12:20 PM

You specifically summoned me any time you saw me on a road way from the city to right outside the city and would iceball my archon hoping I would flee into the city to make me wanted, which is what happened. I had literally just walked a step outside Udgaard(not a protected city) when you did it this time. What if I wanted to be a Tribunal and you just ####ed that in a way I have no way to avoid, other than staying in extremely isolated places or not playing when you are on. That's what is #### to me, using mechanics in a way that could screw a character over. But fine, you and the staff thinks that's cool. Personally, I feel it was sleazy as all hell and think that conjurers should be given some way to tell their pets not to auto-attack or something. Granted, griefers probably just get off on hearing this kind of thing so I don't know why I am bothering other than peace of mind getting it off my chest.

And if you think you can't land #### on people as a drow(which I know is #### since you landed them all the time) I don't know how you think you would do better with another race...

DestuviusTue 19-Jan-16 12:19 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#126931, "Two things:"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Tue 19-Jan-16 12:21 PM

1) don't edit anon posts because it outs you

2) anon posting isn't mean to be used in a way to vent with things that you disagree with while also trying to bash another character.

Edited again to save your anon status..... Seriously, just quit

Conjurer (Anonymous)Tue 19-Jan-16 12:44 PM
Charter member
#126932, "I'll bite."
In response to Reply #6

1) I didn't know this and had no way to know this. Thank you for fixing it.

2) How should I communicate with the player, as adults do, that I felt something he did was wrong then? I am not supposed to post as my account obviously. The alternative is to not communicate these feelings at all which only leads to resentment on one side and a lack of knowing what you did was wrong on the other. As for "trying to bash another character" that was not my intent, nor do I feel it was what I did. I did indicate that HE the PLAYER acted in a manner that was rather sleazy and wrong and hoped that he would understand this and come back not acting in a more positive manner.

3) The childish "Seriously, just quit" isn't needed when I was in the middle of typing my post when you posted the initial response. I had no one of knowing this prior to it so you responding this way is just not warranted in any way. I'm really not sure why you have a problem with me and act this way towards me. If you would like to communicate privately to discuss further, I have messaged you and we can do so there.

TsunamiTue 19-Jan-16 12:58 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#126933, "Hello Conjurer,"
In response to Reply #5

Thank you for choosing to roleplay with Carrion Fields Inc.

I apologize for your bad experience with our game. Please be aware of the following two points if you choose to continue using our free service:

1. Carrion Fields is a roleplay intensive game which includes a gamut of alignments from Good/Orderly to Evil/Chaotic. When playing Carrion Fields, you should keep in mind that whoever just killed you might be playing an evil aligned character. Sometimes evil can be "cheap" and that is often exactly what makes them evil. To expect otherwise would be to expect everyone to play good aligned, but on different teams. That would not be Carrion Fields. Let me also add that roleplay often means playing a character that has to overcome diversity and/or challenge. Had you wished to become a Tribunal, this incident would have been a great opportunity to enhance your roleplay.

2. Carrion Fields is a highly competitive player vs. player environment. Rules regarding fair play can be found in the helpfile RULES (ie. Help RULES). If you feel a player has violated these rules, please notify immortals via the pray command immediately. However, in this case, no rule was broken. Please be aware that using mechanics to defeat your opponent is at the core of competitive gameplay. In a case where you feel like mechanics should be changed to add value to Carrion Fields, Inc: Please be sure to create a post on the Gameplay thread to start a discussion. These posts are most effective when outlined reasonably and without caustic emotion or tantrums.

Once again, thank you for roleplaying with Carrion Fields, Inc. I hope this post will help you understand a bit more about this game and increase your enjoyment of it.

Regards,
Tsunami

Conjurer (Anonymous)Tue 19-Jan-16 01:14 PM
Charter member
#126934, "My intention wasn't to say he cheated or anything of th..."
In response to Reply #8

But to make him aware that what he did was very lame. He may not be aware that some people feel the use of mechanics to screw people over was lame and hoped he learned from me letting him know. Adults use communication to alert other to their concerns or issues and that is what I attempted here, probably to my detriment it seems. As a player I hope he keeps playing as I hope most/more people keep playing, I just wish he was a little bit more sportsman like about it. The chances are slim and it seems I am in the minority that think griefing or screwing characters over is poor playing. I may just be getting too old for these games as the mentality in games seems to be changing with the younger generations. CF is the greatest game I have ever played and, as most of you, I am very passionate about the parts I love as well as the parts I hate.

If Imms wish to delete the posts from my initial post I would be fine with it as I didn't intend for this to become a long discussion on his farewell post.

incognitoTue 19-Jan-16 01:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126935, "I'm unclear on what he did"
In response to Reply #9

But if it was hitting you right outside the city, that's legit.

If it was pissing off your servitors outside of the city, then letting them attack him in the city, that's legit. As a conjurer, or nightwalker toter, or Orc with pet (iirc) you have to make sure you keep angry pets clear of the city.

If he attacked you right outside (or indeed inside) udgaard, that's fine. It isn't under trib law. If he flagged you because your mobs hit him in udgaard, that's not fine.

incognitoTue 19-Jan-16 03:50 PM
4495 posts
#126940, "RE: I'm unclear on what he did"
In response to Reply #10

Forgot to add:

An evil trib is quite likely to have joined to use the law to his advantage in any way he can. He'll play dirty while technically staying in the law.

Like bargaining with devils. They adhere to the bargain but often in a way which isn't how you think they should.

TMNSTue 19-Jan-16 11:08 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#126943, "Beront is Beront. He's a great bad guy."
In response to Reply #9

But always remember...he's the bad guy

incognitoWed 20-Jan-16 12:07 AM
4495 posts
#126944, "Or the new guy, apparently"
In response to Reply #16

How people can mistake a Beront char for a newbie is beyond me, especially given who was first saying he was new.

mharlndarnWed 20-Jan-16 12:58 AM
195 posts
#126945, "Do you realize that I didn't play in a long time "
In response to Reply #17

and I forgot almost everything? 1.5 months in sumner - doesn't count.

I don't know areas, I don't know eq. Hell I didn't play for 4 or so years. Indeed, I am new.

I was new to the class as well.

But still you continue and continue to butthurting. Maybe you should calm and get over it?

incognitoWed 20-Jan-16 04:57 AM
4495 posts
#126946, "Having also had a 5 year absence"
In response to Reply #18
Edited on Wed 20-Jan-16 05:00 AM

You may forget area layouts (I don't know several major ones, like kiadana), and gear (I recognise less than half) but that doesn't make you new. You still know how to control the flow of a fight which is the crucial thing in pk, and you'll know most of what other builds can do. That takes time and hence you are far from new.

Or are you claiming that you truly would have gone 100+ wins and 6 losses if new?

Don't get me wrong. I liked your character in game. But not the reaping of benefits by claiming to be new. You can't come back as the player of kostyan and play the inexperience card.

OnewingedangelWed 20-Jan-16 06:12 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#126947, "I only had a few run ins with mhirnal, so could take ex..."
In response to Reply #19

We fought three times. Two of them involved sleep. One he caught me spamming directions on Sea and killed me with trip lag.

mharlndarnWed 20-Jan-16 07:44 AM
195 posts
#126948, "I just don't know"
In response to Reply #19

You blame me for my pk score and 100 charge weapon.

Qhcf blame me for being noob and for sucky 100 charge weapon.

I don't know what to think, guys.

incognitoWed 20-Jan-16 08:12 AM
4495 posts
#126949, "RE: I just don't know"
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Wed 20-Jan-16 08:16 AM

Heh. If someone is calling you a newb for having only 100 charges, you can probably discount what they say about newbie'ism. Until a true newbie gets 100 charges in a weapon without a lucky leeching.

Dying doesn't mean so much either when you attack some of the nastier match ups in an effort to get souls. It's always a possibility if the other guy doesn't panic.

I don't blame you for building a big weapon either, or have a problem with it being returned to you. In fact, I kind of like that it got returned since you took some bad matchups. I just didn't like that the reason it got returned turned out to be an ooc spread story that you were new, which may not have been your fault. I still don't think it was wrong of me to try to counter that rumour.

mharlndarnWed 20-Jan-16 08:47 AM
195 posts
#126952, "To be fair"
In response to Reply #22

My weapon was never returned to me

In first case - the warrior failed to loot the weapon. He was busy full looting me. It was zero charge weapon in that fight

The second time - it was zero charge weapon as well And the necro just didn't notice when he pass past me in sewers

I started to use my real weapon only when I got to 40

silatTue 19-Jan-16 01:39 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2011
153 posts
#126936, "i'd be curious to see how the concept of ORDER fit into..."
In response to Reply #8

nt

TsunamiTue 19-Jan-16 02:50 PM
1509 posts
#126939, "Hello Silat,"
In response to Reply #11

Please refer to help file 91 (ie. Help Alignment). This help file gives general descriptions of each alignment. Particularly relevant to this discussion is Orderly Evil as shown below:

Orderly Evil: The use of society and its laws for personal benefit. Structure and organization elevate those who deserve to rule as well as provide a clearly defined hierarchy between master and servant. Laws and societies are supported so long as they fit with personal concerns. Laws are obeyed out of fear of punishment.

My apologies if you were not talking about Conjurer's specific instance, but it is quite clear that Orderly Evil is expected to use the laws for personal benefit. In this case the Orderly Evil character is using his power as a Tribunal to his benefit (ie. A dead enemy and the enemy's soul, with the possible addition of gold and loot.)

Were this not an expected outcome of Carrion Field's unique alignment and cabal system, I suspect Tribunal would become a Good-only and/or Good/Neutral-only cabal.

Regards,
Tsunami

silatTue 19-Jan-16 07:39 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2011
153 posts
#126941, "Said I was curious about his take, not yours"
In response to Reply #12

I like the idea of a shady trib, but Mhirnal was more like a wanton serial killer pretending to be a cop.

TsunamiTue 19-Jan-16 07:52 PM
1509 posts
#126942, "Hello Silat,"
In response to Reply #14

My apologies. I assumed that since your post was created in response to mine, that it was directed at my explanation of role play with regards to Carrion Fields, Inc. Furthermore, since this sub-thread is regarding Conjurer and his experience with Mhirnal, I (apparently incorrectly) assumed your post was with regards to his/her experience as well.

That said, the "take" I shared was not mine but the "take" of Carrion Fields itself, as quoted directly from a help file.

Regards,
Tsunami

KstatidaWed 20-Jan-16 08:21 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
#126950, "I thought that was a nature of a cop? NT"
In response to Reply #14

NT

MurphyWed 20-Jan-16 08:34 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126951, "All PCs are serial killers."
In response to Reply #14

I'm just saying.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126923 Previous topic | Next topic