Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Tummel Eastwing the Hand of the Unse..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126835
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 08-Jan-16 07:38 PM
Member since 04th Jul 2024
16983 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126835, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Tummel Eastwing the Hand of the Unseen, Godfather of Voralian City, Drillmaster of Battle"

Mon Jan 4 08:54:41 2016

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Tummel perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:391

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaagkriFri 15-Jan-16 10:55 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126909, "Late farewell as Tummel's grave was stuck in limbo for ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 15-Jan-16 10:58 PM

After playing three back to back Half-drow Neutral/Neutral Battle Thief Thug Defenders averaging 440 hours each, I think it is out of my blood now.

Gergan auto'd while I was out of the country for a month.
Heaghul age died.
Tummel deleted.

I can say that the continuing trend of making it more difficult to acquire edgepoints resulted in progressively less enjoyment and, not coincidentally, weaker characters and more grind with each iteration. I know this was not the intent of the changes, but it is what it is. You cannot win a battle against human nature. We want more, not less, else we lose interest. There is a reason movies don't climax during the opening credits.

As an example,
Gergan (Drillmaster) had the prereqs for 2xdevious versatility.
Heaghul had the prereqs for 1xDV
Tummel (Drillmaster) never saw 1xDV

Overall, I enjoyed them each to the last. CF is like no other addiction. No, actually it's exactly like them.

-One of my favorite moments from Tummel was the following after playing for way too long(from memory):

(NEWBIE) Jortahl: Is hand to hand worth learning if I use swords?
(BATTLE) Tummel: Yes, how good you are in hand to hand determines how well you defend against them and most NPC's use hands to fight.
(BATTLE) Gorbornno: Gooorrrr!
(NEWBIE) Tummel: Does Empire hold da head?
(BATTLE) Gorbornno: Goooorrrrr!
(BATTLE) Tummel: Hush, bull.

Oops. I was dying laughing.

-Funniest joke that didn't get a laugh from Verathi:

I was tasked to hunt and kill a foe without using the shadows. I picked Gnus because he was tough and we fought a lot. He deleted before I killed him and this followed...

>You whisper 'Unfortunately, he passed away before I could complete it...of course, it ain't all bad...'
>You whisper 'Dey say no Gnus is good Gnus.'
>You chortle at the humorous events before you.
>Verathi gives a short nod, barely moving his long beak.

I find it difficult to recall so many interactions without being prompted, so if you post, I'll remember and respond.

Verathi: It took me too long to realize where to look and then I was banned from the Inn. Thanks for the time and IMMxp. Still not sure why mageslayers aren't titled now.

Akresius: You came vis and gave me props after a fearless attack on an imperial duergar warrior that almost went my way. I was happy for that and was hoping that a wee bit of IMMxp would follow, but

Biddy: Thanks for the talk and Drillmastering. Always entertaining and everything you say makes me jump.

Varnon: Thanks for Drillmaster, too. Had a really fun defense with you I'll post when and if you ever kick the bucket. Never got around to your intervention.

incognitoSat 16-Jan-16 04:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126914, "RE: Late farewell as Tummel's grave was stuck in limbo ..."
In response to Reply #2

That's a great joke!

And Akresius is a great imm.

Liked what I saw of tummel. Hope you keep playing.

TMNSSun 17-Jan-16 12:39 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#126917, "We fought a few times...and in general I was a fan. NT"
In response to Reply #2

NT

Varnon (Anonymous)Mon 11-Jan-16 02:48 PM
Charter member
#126880, "Well Done"
In response to Reply #0

You know I liked this character a lot.

Thanks for holding the village down for those 2 or 3 weeks I could not log in much do to home remodeling. Also, for holding the village down while my drunk arse was there.

You did a good job as drillmaster.

I saw this coming a while ago as it was becoming more and more of a chore for you to play.

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126835 Previous topic | Next topic