Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Adira the Ashen Reaver of an Ine..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126690
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 19-Dec-15 12:44 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126690, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Adira the Ashen Reaver of an Inevitable Web"

Fri Dec 18 23:42:34 2015

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Adira perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:358

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Adira the Ashen Reaver of an..., Rdenbrel, 19-Dec-15 04:07 PM, #11
Reply That's to be kept in game - so I can't really reveal mu..., Warren, 20-Dec-15 12:23 PM, #14
     Reply RE: That's to be kept in game - so I can't really revea..., Rdenbrel, 20-Dec-15 11:41 PM, #19
          Reply What part of "kept in game" confused you?, incognito, 21-Dec-15 02:47 AM, #20
               Reply perhaps.., Rdenbrel, 21-Dec-15 04:45 AM, #22
                    Reply Forgive Daurwyn. Sometimes he forgets everyone can't re..., Lhydia, 21-Dec-15 07:21 AM, #23
                    Reply Whether your character is dead wouldn't affect what he ..., incognito, 21-Dec-15 08:53 AM, #24
                         Reply It wasn't about a tattoo power - ongoing outlander ques..., Warren, 21-Dec-15 09:40 AM, #25
                              Reply RE: It wasn't about a tattoo power - ongoing outlander ..., Rdenbrel, 21-Dec-15 10:28 AM, #26
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Adira the Ashen Reaver of an..., Horner (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 10:32 AM, #7
Reply Haha really?, Gromm (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 11:02 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Haha really?, Horner (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 12:34 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Haha really?, Warren, 20-Dec-15 12:24 PM, #15
Reply Farewell, and what an awesome ride., Warren, 19-Dec-15 01:07 AM, #1
     Reply Ok, I *should* have figured you out., Murphy, 19-Dec-15 01:39 AM, #2
     Reply Oh man. Nerplunket! That character was insanely fun. , Warren, 19-Dec-15 01:52 AM, #3
          Reply The stunt of playing Nerplunkt and Rydell and Mirozah, Murphy, 19-Dec-15 02:50 AM, #4
               Reply Ah yes. The game within the game., Warren, 19-Dec-15 07:47 AM, #5
     Reply Ah, the Ashen Reaver, Drehir, 19-Dec-15 09:51 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Ah, the Ashen Reaver, Warren, 19-Dec-15 02:05 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Ah, the Ashen Reaver, Selionar (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 10:06 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Ah, the Ashen Reaver, Warren, 20-Dec-15 12:25 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride., Nydfeldt (Anonymous), 19-Dec-15 10:08 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride., Warren, 20-Dec-15 12:27 PM, #17
     Reply Thank you., Tanzer (Anonymous), 20-Dec-15 11:37 PM, #18
     Reply As for the expectation of the drow nightreaver, Gromm (Anonymous), 21-Dec-15 03:20 AM, #21
     Reply RE: As for the expectation of the drow nightreaver, Warren, 21-Dec-15 12:23 PM, #27
          Reply Liantae never called to arms, Gromm (Anonymous), 21-Dec-15 01:42 PM, #28
          Reply Almost always got away, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 21-Dec-15 02:01 PM, #30
               Reply RE: Almost always got away, Warren, 21-Dec-15 03:18 PM, #31
     Reply Mirozah and Halifan vs. Adira and Tanzer, Warren, 21-Dec-15 01:52 PM, #29
     Reply Faldor, where'd you go?, Falor (Anonymous), 21-Dec-15 11:22 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride., Strienat, 21-Dec-15 04:04 PM, #32
     Reply RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride., Warren, 21-Dec-15 04:20 PM, #33
     Reply Sorry I missed the end of Adira...., Faldor (Anonymous), 21-Dec-15 11:26 PM, #35
     Reply Well done., Voszoad (Anonymous), 22-Dec-15 07:37 PM, #36
     Reply Toad!!! Thanks!! "Perfect Job" is an amazing compliment..., Warren, 23-Dec-15 09:08 AM, #37
     Reply I kept waiting for the sneak attack., Varnon (Anonymous), 11-Jan-16 02:52 PM, #38
          Reply RE: I kept waiting for the sneak attack., Warren, 19-Jan-16 02:27 PM, #39

RdenbrelSat 19-Dec-15 04:07 PM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126710, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Adira the Ashen Reaver of an..."
In response to Reply #0

That was a fun character! Very good for Drehir religion I think. Can you reveal now what has happened with the shackles we all sought so much?

GLWYN

WarrenSun 20-Dec-15 12:23 PM
Member since 17th Dec 2012
396 posts
#126715, "That's to be kept in game - so I can't really reveal mu..."
In response to Reply #11

Thanks! Might I ask who you were?

RdenbrelSun 20-Dec-15 11:41 PM
86 posts
#126734, "RE: That's to be kept in game - so I can't really revea..."
In response to Reply #14

>Thanks! Might I ask who you were?

Dionis can't reveal even via PM?

incognitoMon 21-Dec-15 02:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126735, "What part of "kept in game" confused you?"
In response to Reply #19

Why would pm be ok if posting here would not?

RdenbrelMon 21-Dec-15 04:45 AM
86 posts
#126737, "perhaps.."
In response to Reply #20

>Why would pm be ok if posting here would not?

Both characters are dead... what to hide here? *shrug*

LhydiaMon 21-Dec-15 07:21 AM
2390 posts
#126738, "Forgive Daurwyn. Sometimes he forgets everyone can't re..."
In response to Reply #22

gr

incognitoMon 21-Dec-15 08:53 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126741, "Whether your character is dead wouldn't affect what he ..."
In response to Reply #22

And he knows his is dead.

So effectively whatever he isn't sharing is because of rules restrictions. Probably those about tattoo powers being no go outside of the game.

WarrenMon 21-Dec-15 09:40 AM
396 posts
#126743, "It wasn't about a tattoo power - ongoing outlander ques..."
In response to Reply #24

Which is why it cannot be shared.

RdenbrelMon 21-Dec-15 10:28 AM
86 posts
#126745, "RE: It wasn't about a tattoo power - ongoing outlander ..."
In response to Reply #25

>Which is why it cannot be shared.
>
Uh huh!
Still ongoing? I thought it was over.. I'm sorry.
Will see then ingame of course.

Horner (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 10:32 AM
Charter member
#126702, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Adira the Ashen Reaver of an..."
In response to Reply #0

Ugh, Had I known you were that close to a con loss I would have stayed on last night to help your path. I am guessing that your deception of taking the codex only to walk me into a room for an attack was what you eluded to in your post.

I did enjoy our interactions and learned from you. Still wished we had taken the key and given it to the Spirit together. Guess I will have to find another Reaver to do that. Thar-Eris is weaker now with your loss.

Gromm (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 11:02 AM
Charter member
#126703, "Haha really?"
In response to Reply #7

Now I know why I never felt comfortably going anywhere near her. Sixth feeling was right.

Horner (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 12:34 PM
Charter member
#126706, "RE: Haha really?"
In response to Reply #8

Yes, but she needed another creature to soften me up prior to attacking me. As she learned in Silverwood and below the Huntress that she couldn't best me without that or in the wild. Should have seen it coming after we didn't stop to call a beetle on the way to taking the codex.

WarrenSun 20-Dec-15 12:24 PM
396 posts
#126716, "RE: Haha really?"
In response to Reply #9

I could have killed you at least a dozen times. I just didn't want to.

In the silverwood you had a healer with you. Under the tree, I wasn't trying to kill you.

But its all good. Good job with your Harbinger, sorry about your other char.

WarrenSat 19-Dec-15 01:04 AM
396 posts
#126691, "Farewell, and what an awesome ride."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 19-Dec-15 01:07 AM

First,

Thank you to Drehir for making this character soooooo much fun, in a good to be bad kind of way. Every interaction with you was awesome. I loved how you really encouraged me digging at the Warders. I might have taken it TOO far, but as you hinted in your shrine.. it is kind of hard to go backwards.

Thank you to Strienat for providing the very fun and terribly hostile interactions. Really made me feel like you hated the crap out of me. You kind of vanished towards the end of my char, I wish you didn't.

What a way to go out.

My last login I killed like 5 people, had some awesome RP in Drehir's shrine, and got a betrayal in I've been wanting to do for a long, long time. I couldn't have ended on any higher of a note than if Drehir came down and killed me himself.

I just felt it was time, and it was PERFECT.. well at least for me.

Reavers:

I had fun. There really is nothing like being a Reaver. The entire RP is so dark and just downright evil. More than even Scions/Scarabs IMHO. Sorry for killing most of you. That one RP I had with Tanzer and Faldor was ammaaazzing. Taunting you to kill me after getting the quest item to take my place as nightreaver was awesome. If one of you has some of that logged, I'd love to see that.

Sentinels:

You guys have the hardest job in the whole tree. How do you keep the peace and spur the other branches on at the same time.. man. No idea. Sorry for killing most of you.

Warders:

Crap. I won't even go there. Sorry for killing most of you. I never looted any of you, so I hope that counts for something.

Gaspare:

Dude. That one time you got me INSIDE the tree, I was just .. DAMN that was good. I sorta felt an ambush coming, but I didn't expect you to be camo like, right in front of me. Kinda crappy that you looted my five-color after a teleport death.. but hey. It's a five-color - I don't blame you.

There are just so many people I interacted with over the life of this character that made it fun as hell. Thank you all for everything. Post and I'll be glad to respond to you. See you in the fields.

Some past chars:

Mirozah Barra'cres the Maw's Dastardly Nightmare in the Shadows

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=48310&mesg_id=48310&listing_type=search

Diri Dauntless the Death-Defying Daredevil, Lucky Reckless Stuntgnome of the Eternal Star

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=51361&mesg_id=51361&listing_type=search

Rydell Feanathiel the Proven Friend of the Storm Giants, Cardinal of the Golden Sun

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=45851&mesg_id=45851&listing_type=search

And my most recent failure - Altrana.

MurphySat 19-Dec-15 01:39 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126692, "Ok, I *should* have figured you out."
In response to Reply #1

I just had so much faith in you after you pulled that stunt with Rydell and the drunkard herald invoker. I always assumed you will turn out to be someone I least expected to be you.

WarrenSat 19-Dec-15 01:52 AM
396 posts
#126693, "Oh man. Nerplunket! That character was insanely fun. "
In response to Reply #2

What stunt are you talking about with Rydell tho?

The one where I lost my mind and became senile? lol. That was funny.

MurphySat 19-Dec-15 02:50 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126694, "The stunt of playing Nerplunkt and Rydell and Mirozah"
In response to Reply #3

...all nearly in the same season and me never figuring out all three were you.

WarrenSat 19-Dec-15 07:47 AM
396 posts
#126696, "Ah yes. The game within the game."
In response to Reply #4

Who is who.

I like playing opposite characters. Rydell was obviously very peaceful. Mirozah was not. Nerplunket was just plain fun. Diri was my favorite Herald tho. Because Whiysdan.

DrehirSat 19-Dec-15 09:51 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
#126700, "Ah, the Ashen Reaver"
In response to Reply #1

You did really well as a Drehir follower and the course of the character really could not have gone any other way with how you designed her. It is very hard to change your reputation, especially with the volume of Outlanders you killed compared to enemies.

I honestly was not expecting you to CON die last night. I thought you'd have at least another day. Oh well. I hope you had fun and good luck with the next.

WarrenSat 19-Dec-15 02:05 PM
396 posts
#126709, "RE: Ah, the Ashen Reaver"
In response to Reply #6

I did. I know we had that nightreaver stuff to finish up but in the end it didn't matter a whole lot to Adira.

I had just the perfect login, it coudn't have gone any better. I wanted to go out on a really really high note and I did that.

I did have a good run, and I certainly learned more than I anticipated with both your religion, and the reaver branch.

Thanks for all your support, quests, and everything. Huge fan of Drehir.

Selionar (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 10:06 PM
Charter member
#126712, "RE: Ah, the Ashen Reaver"
In response to Reply #10

I will miss being a thorn in your side always trying to foil your trickery. Always assumed you had workings with the dark on a deeper level and tried to thwart them whenever possible! Loved our fights.
GLWYN

WarrenSun 20-Dec-15 12:25 PM
396 posts
#126717, "RE: Ah, the Ashen Reaver"
In response to Reply #12

You were the nut I just couldn't crack. We had.. 20-30 fights?

Both times I *almost* got you, you were saved by the belt lagging me.

You almost got me a few times too, but I always managed to get away.

I really enjoyed you as Altrana.

Nydfeldt (Anonymous)Sat 19-Dec-15 10:08 PM
Charter member
#126713, "RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride."
In response to Reply #1

It's official, we've interacted with this and every past character you named to some degree of significance, except that failure you listed. Anyway, Great job with Adira and I hope I catch your next great success. Also, why did you never come after me?

WarrenSun 20-Dec-15 12:27 PM
396 posts
#126718, "RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride."
In response to Reply #13

That's kinda spooky, but I guess it is bound to happen in the sandbox we play in.

I really never had a reason to kill you. Your instincts were sharp, you were competent, and you said the right stuff.

I knew you and I could be not enemies when I killed one of your branch, and you said, "well, reavers are dangerous, you should be more careful" or something to that effect.

I was like, yeesss. this guy gets it.

Tanzer (Anonymous)Sun 20-Dec-15 11:37 PM
Charter member
#126733, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #1

Thank you for the induct, and thank you for some of the most fun I've had playing this game in a long time.

I feel like it wasn't until the last night that we managed to work out how to successfully PK together, and it's a shame we were missing the third member of the crew (Faldor, where'd you go?) but I still had a hell of a time.

I know people both in and out of the tree didn't like you, but what do they expect from a drow nightreaver? I liked you, even though you did kill me.

It was fun to be part of a big quest again, even though I really don't know how that all turned out.

GLWYN.

Gromm (Anonymous)Mon 21-Dec-15 03:20 AM
Charter member
#126736, "As for the expectation of the drow nightreaver"
In response to Reply #18

Liantae is the role model. She was openly hostile towards warders, and intimidating towards sentinel and had a dangerous attitude towards reavers as well (I for one was freaking scared everytime I went near her). But given that, she definitely was their leader. Adira, although an awesome character, didn't feel like a leader.

WarrenMon 21-Dec-15 12:23 PM
396 posts
#126747, "RE: As for the expectation of the drow nightreaver"
In response to Reply #21

The character was never meant to be a "rally behind me while we storm the gates" type of character.

When the role comes out, you will see why.

Adira was always a solitary pk'er... and she led by killing in order to sharpen the predatory instincts of those in the tree.

She "rewarded" people who made her happy (by killing tribunal/imperial/duerg) and killed others who did not.

I haven't needed/swapped gear in 250+ hours, so whenever I looted something, it went to someone else in the tree.

The only person I've died too in months was Gaspare, and that was really to crimson scourge and plague. I always got away.

Gromm (Anonymous)Mon 21-Dec-15 01:42 PM
Charter member
#126748, "Liantae never called to arms"
In response to Reply #27

But it always felt like "oh if I don't rally right now, I'm really screwed"

I think she was the only leader who actually made me storm the city, and that's an indicator. Perhaps Pon has managed to do that a couple of times through sheer enthusiasm (which is rare for Nightreaver, but awesome nevertheless).

P.S. Once again, I think Adira was awesome, big props for playing the character. You sure were creepy and frightening.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Mon 21-Dec-15 02:01 PM
Charter member
#126750, "Almost always got away"
In response to Reply #27

But you took death well. Seayon might have been looking to loot you but I attacked him when he entered the room where you died and he cleared out, so you got to keep your very nice set apart from the phylactery which was once mine.

I liked knowing its full ownership history. Me, nachminides, sodsob, you and me again. I forget who had it in the first place though.

WarrenMon 21-Dec-15 03:18 PM
396 posts
#126753, "RE: Almost always got away"
In response to Reply #30

Ha! Yeah. It is funny.

I can trace almost all of my gear back because I died so rarely. Like I know I got the five-color from Jeede, the phylactery for Sodsob, etc.

Once I got my set I think only you and Gaspare managed to kill me.

Gaspare killed me with two spells once. Faerie fire and scourge. Meh.

WarrenMon 21-Dec-15 01:52 PM
396 posts
#126749, "Mirozah and Halifan vs. Adira and Tanzer"
In response to Reply #18

Thanks Tanzer. Good luck with everything, and especially the stuff we talked about in Drehir's shrine. I hope it comes together.

I had the same exact problem with Mirozah and Halifan (Lion/Vulture).

Together, we couldn't seal kills for ####. Between the two of us we had like 500 pk's, and we couldn't get our #### together.

I was much more effective on my own, similar with Adira.

I think it worked better in the end with you because you were much easier to communicate with, and as I remember it, faster to respond. Maybe that is an IC reason, or just your playstyle.. Whatever it was, it worked.

When I said go, you were attacking within that tick. If you weren't going to, you said so.

The fact that we could both be camo in the same room also played a huge part with some of the PK's.

But that one on Worthag was just perfect.

You made my last login with Adira awesome. Thank you for that.

See you in the fields.

Falor (Anonymous)Mon 21-Dec-15 11:22 PM
Charter member
#126760, "Faldor, where'd you go?"
In response to Reply #18

Had some RL stuff I thought was going to take a few days, but hasn't worked out yet. Running into the holidays now, its going to be quite a while before I can play again. I did manage to log today to send a note though.

StrienatMon 21-Dec-15 04:04 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
#126755, "RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the kind words. I was still around at the end of your character, I watched you some and always enjoyed your PKs. You never wavered in the way you acted with Adira, and that was impressive.

As far as Strienat goes from a IC perspective, if Strienat could have gotten away with killing you sometimes, he would have. But you always did exactly what you should and not pushed it to the breaking point. Well done on that. I hope you come back and enjoy something else.

WarrenMon 21-Dec-15 04:20 PM
396 posts
#126756, "RE: Farewell, and what an awesome ride."
In response to Reply #32

Hey thanks! Means a lot coming from the "hooved one". I actually had one of your first (if not your first) follower, Phen, many Moons (get it) ago...

It takes a ton of effort to be a consistent evil manipulative murderous betraying sociopath. Glad my efforts paid off.

Faldor (Anonymous)Mon 21-Dec-15 11:26 PM
Charter member
#126761, "Sorry I missed the end of Adira...."
In response to Reply #1

Had some RL stuff I thought was going to take a few days, but hasn't worked out yet. Anyway I had a blast running around with you. The questy thing cost me a few deaths, but was a lot of fun and I am glad we finally got through it.

I am still pissed I didn't hit a throat bite post quest. I didn't log any of it sorry.

Voszoad (Anonymous)Tue 22-Dec-15 07:37 PM
Charter member
#126771, "Well done."
In response to Reply #1

Perfect job as a Nightreaver. I put two and two together
early on and figured....This has got to be Mirozah...
Awesome job again..

WarrenWed 23-Dec-15 09:08 AM
396 posts
#126779, "Toad!!! Thanks!! "Perfect Job" is an amazing compliment..."
In response to Reply #36

Especially since your mortal was absolutely one of my favorites.

That battle royal we had in Spiderwood when I got tatt'ed by the Imp was ridiculously fun.

You and I had major disagreements about the Warder branch, and I'm really unsure if that hindered me more than helped me... or if Adira's point of view was acceptable RP from a Nightreaver.

I'm glad I stuck to my guns and didn't get un-leadered for trying to split the tree.

Thanks for all your help and guidance throughout Adria's character arc, I really enjoyed your pokes about Drehir's religion.

Varnon (Anonymous)Mon 11-Jan-16 02:52 PM
Charter member
#126882, "I kept waiting for the sneak attack."
In response to Reply #1

Having played a transmuter, I do not blame you for not fighting one on one with a battle berserker dwarf, but I did expect a sneak attack at some point.

I enjoyed or discussions even though they were somewhat brief.

GLWYN.

WarrenTue 19-Jan-16 02:27 PM
396 posts
#126937, "RE: I kept waiting for the sneak attack."
In response to Reply #38

Honestly, the worst possible build to fight as a transmuter is a berserker dwarf mace spec. Seriously.

I learned that #### with Mirozah.

Love your char, always makes me want to roll up a villager. Never can do it tho because, you know, magic.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126690 Previous topic | Next topic