Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dionis Dendrites the Verdant Min..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126642
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Dec-15 03:04 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126642, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dionis Dendrites the Verdant Minstrel of the Troupe"

Mon Dec 14 02:02:49 2015

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Dionis perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:630

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What's with the name?, KoeKhaos, 16-Dec-15 10:01 AM, #23
Reply Isn't it obvious from his signature? NT, Kstatida, 16-Dec-15 10:41 AM, #24
     Reply No? But..., SPN, 16-Dec-15 11:42 PM, #26
          Reply Was obviously RPing a Greek God, sans the god part., Murphy, 16-Dec-15 11:52 PM, #27
          Reply This was spotted early on.., Raltevio, 17-Dec-15 04:37 AM, #30
               Reply RE: This was spotted early on.., Kstatida, 17-Dec-15 05:14 AM, #31
               Reply I like your attitude!, KoeKhaos, 17-Dec-15 06:06 AM, #32
          Reply RE: No? But..., Rdenbrel, 17-Dec-15 02:08 AM, #28
Reply What was the deal with all the date rape ####?, Athioles, 14-Dec-15 10:48 PM, #10
Reply RE: What was the deal with all the date rape ####?, Rdenbrel, 15-Dec-15 03:53 AM, #15
     Reply Nope., Athioles, 15-Dec-15 04:50 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Nope., Rdenbrel, 15-Dec-15 06:24 AM, #18
          Reply No humor, true story., Batman (Anonymous), 15-Dec-15 01:47 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Nope., Raltevio, 15-Dec-15 02:33 PM, #21
               Reply RE: Nope., Rdenbrel, 16-Dec-15 04:33 PM, #25
                    Reply I have some stuff to put in., Raltevio, 17-Dec-15 04:24 AM, #29
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dionis Dendrites the Verdant..., Adira (Anonymous), 14-Dec-15 11:25 AM, #7
Reply Aye! When you betrayed me that time in Palace, I was no..., Rdenbrel, 15-Dec-15 03:07 AM, #12
Reply I'm around - you just can't see me. I also don't play A..., Adira (Anonymous), 15-Dec-15 11:00 AM, #19
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dionis Dendrites the Verdant..., Isildur, 15-Dec-15 04:31 PM, #22
Reply Farewells, Rdenbrel, 14-Dec-15 05:40 AM, #4
Reply RE: Farewells, Glutch (Anonymous), 14-Dec-15 02:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: Farewells, Rdenbrel, 15-Dec-15 03:19 AM, #13
Reply Ah crap., Raltevio, 14-Dec-15 07:04 PM, #9
Reply RE: Ah crap., Rdenbrel, 15-Dec-15 03:37 AM, #14
Reply Enjoyed our interactions., Brizda (Anonymous), 15-Dec-15 12:57 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Enjoyed our interactions., Rdenbrel, 15-Dec-15 04:02 AM, #16
Reply Somehwat irritating, but fun nevertheless, Gromm (Anonymous), 14-Dec-15 04:11 AM, #2
Reply Great progress from your last char I know by the way, Gromm (Anonymous), 14-Dec-15 04:12 AM, #3
Reply RE: Somehwat irritating, but fun nevertheless, Rdenbrel, 14-Dec-15 05:51 AM, #6
Reply I heard you were probably close to con death, incognito, 14-Dec-15 03:58 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I heard you were probably close to con death, Rdenbrel, 14-Dec-15 05:45 AM, #5

KoeKhaosWed 16-Dec-15 10:01 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126669, "What's with the name?"
In response to Reply #0

Like, how did you choose it? Every time I saw it I just thought of little brain stems running around eastern road sparking at people.

KstatidaWed 16-Dec-15 10:41 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126670, "Isn't it obvious from his signature? NT"
In response to Reply #23

NT

SPNWed 16-Dec-15 11:42 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#126674, "No? But..."
In response to Reply #24

with all the Raping/bard drunkenness reminded me of Dionysus, a Greek God, which made me not want to interact with this character.

MurphyWed 16-Dec-15 11:52 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126675, "Was obviously RPing a Greek God, sans the god part."
In response to Reply #26

nt

RaltevioThu 17-Dec-15 04:37 AM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
#126678, "This was spotted early on.."
In response to Reply #27

And actually I was less inclined (initially) to approach the character.

Dionis, I think, is the Russian variant of Dionysus. The last name Dendrites was also not missed.

While I'd have rather have a wholly original character, or at least, a better hidden inspiration, I do appreciate someone who puts effort into their character and takes a proactive stance in roleplaying and learning the game.

KstatidaThu 17-Dec-15 05:14 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126680, "RE: This was spotted early on.."
In response to Reply #30

"Dionis, I think, is the Russian variant of Dionysus"

Spot on.

KoeKhaosThu 17-Dec-15 06:06 AM
400 posts
#126681, "I like your attitude!"
In response to Reply #30

I hope you stick around.

RdenbrelThu 17-Dec-15 01:29 AM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
#126676, "RE: No? But..."
In response to Reply #26
Edited on Thu 17-Dec-15 02:08 AM

>with all the Raping/bard drunkenness reminded me of Dionysus,
>a Greek God, which made me not want to interact with this
>character.

That was a shot not in the eyebrow but exactly in the eye!

Of course Dionysus! And EXACTLY Dendrites ("he of the trees"), as a fertility god! That is, damn, very well known (enough just to use 'Google as help' if someone don't know)! And i never hided it! Those, who had read my description could recognize this Greek Gog of wine without any doubts:
"His hair is curly and falling below his shoulders, hiding his ears. A wreath of ivy, that seem to continue its growing, twists his head and ends with two bunches of grapes. He is medium height and very well athletic built."

Only blind will not recognize here Dionysus!

This is why Dio very liked to stay in the first circle of Inferno, there is so much bound with Greek mythology: all those Orpheus and Charon, who transfer you on the boat in Inferno for an obulus.

If such characters or names are offending you, so I suggest you never to descend in Hell! You will be deeply insulted and maybe even humiliated there! Do not descend in inferno! Maybe you will be wondered, but you can meet even Avicenna and Seneca there!

AthiolesMon 14-Dec-15 10:48 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#126653, "What was the deal with all the date rape ####?"
In response to Reply #0

It was an..... interesting rp angle but it triggered Batman.

RdenbrelTue 15-Dec-15 03:53 AM
86 posts
#126659, "RE: What was the deal with all the date rape ####?"
In response to Reply #10

>It was an..... interesting rp angle but it triggered Batman.

Hmm what do you mean by that? You've played that necromancer Acitavian as i can judge..
But who was your character, which got raped on the date then?

AthiolesTue 15-Dec-15 04:50 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#126661, "Nope."
In response to Reply #15

I was hidden in the Inn and overheard you talking about putting a certain character to sleep and impregnating her without her knowing.

As for Batman he was date raped on the campus of FSU by a former Seminole football player whose name we can't reveal because of an out-of-court settlement.

Thankfully the unholy union brought forth no child.

RdenbrelTue 15-Dec-15 06:14 AM
86 posts
#126662, "RE: Nope."
In response to Reply #17
Edited on Tue 15-Dec-15 06:24 AM

>I was hidden in the Inn and overheard you talking about
>putting a certain character to sleep and impregnating her
>without her knowing.

What to say, Overhearing is no good.
Putting someone to sleep and impregnating was one of the favorite Dionis hobby. Kidding of course. But in every joke there may be a part of truth.
Yes, i remember this dialogue with Daph in the Inn.

>
>As for Batman he was date raped on the campus of FSU by a
>former Seminole football player whose name we can't reveal
>because of an out-of-court settlement.
>
>Thankfully the unholy union brought forth no child.

What is the unholy union? *HIC* sorry, seems, I did not got this humor about Batman, football and campus of some University...
I'm not so good in English you know..

Batman (inactive user)Tue 15-Dec-15 01:47 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #18

Little do people know I did give birth, and Stevers is helping me raise the child.

RaltevioTue 15-Dec-15 02:33 PM
134 posts
#126666, "RE: Nope."
In response to Reply #17

>I was hidden in the Inn and overheard you talking about putting a certain character to sleep and impregnating her without her knowing.

I actually missed this but I can definitely feel the Bern. I'm going to go hang out in my safe space for a while.

RdenbrelWed 16-Dec-15 04:32 PM
86 posts
#126672, "RE: Nope."
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Wed 16-Dec-15 04:33 PM

>>I was hidden in the Inn and overheard you talking about
>putting a certain character to sleep and impregnating her
>without her knowing.
>
>I actually missed this but I can definitely feel the Bern. I'm
>going to go hang out in my safe space for a while.

It all was about love and life. not less not more.
It's all gone with Dionis. Maybe something could be in the role. I have no logs. Maybe Daphedee has.

Raltevio, and what about the statue of this certain character in the Villa?

RaltevioThu 17-Dec-15 04:24 AM
134 posts
#126677, "I have some stuff to put in."
In response to Reply #25

In a couple of areas (the Villa being one) but given the (fixed amount of) time it takes to update and load the updated files, I'd rather save up the work and do it all in one go that put them in with piecemeal uploads.

There are a handful of player works that I want to get in. I expect I'll have them uploaded at some point after Christmas.

Adira (Anonymous)Mon 14-Dec-15 11:25 AM
Charter member
#126650, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dionis Dendrites the Verdant..."
In response to Reply #0

Goodbye.

You did much better this time around.

My favorite interaction with you was when I killed you after the Imperial raid; I shall explain.

You were starving, and unable to feed yourself. Adira thought this was extreme weakness and it did not belong in the tree. When you asked for food, it was basically asking me to kill you.

So, she did what a good nightreaver would do. I "fixed" your hunger, by killing you, and thereby sharpening your instinct for the future, making the tree "stronger".

All the fallout and tension from me betraying you a few times, I think made you a stronger character (by you being prepared for death), and made our interactions a bit more fun.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

RdenbrelTue 15-Dec-15 03:07 AM
86 posts
#126656, "Aye! When you betrayed me that time in Palace, I was no..."
In response to Reply #7

But in the end it all was even fun.
Sad, that I haven't seen you in realms last week or two..
It would be one of good logical ends for Dionis' life - death in the embrace of Adira the spiderwoman, who ate her buck.

Wish you all the best too!

Adira (Anonymous)Tue 15-Dec-15 11:00 AM
Charter member
#126664, "I'm around - you just can't see me. I also don't play A..."
In response to Reply #12

Pity.

IsildurTue 15-Dec-15 04:31 PM
5969 posts
#126667, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Dionis Dendrites the Verdant..."
In response to Reply #7

Out of curiosity, would you have killed him if he hadn't asked for food on CB?

RdenbrelMon 14-Dec-15 05:05 AM
86 posts
#126647, "Farewells"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 14-Dec-15 05:40 AM

Eh, it was sad again, that Dionis hadn't the opportunity to finish his life with the age death.(likewise and with my first character in CF Rdenbrel) I’ve asked for the vitality quest but alas too late. And it was boring to wait for the age death in Hell. (for those who know what i'm about) Thus, I do not regret at all. As I've consciously chosen this risky path of permanent counter raids, as a true follower of Raltevio, whose life was game and risk. Yes, there was a lot of tragedy and love too and this all made this character even more precious for me.

Dionis was my third experience in CF and this character was a really great fun for me, which was possible thanks to all the staff of immortals and to all players with whom Dionis did interacted.
So my special thanks to all of you:
Raltevio, Drehir, Strienat, Verathi, Baerinika, Daphedee, Miakoda,Sodsob, Adira, Gasparre,Yentral,Tsalantha, Brizda, Acenith and many others … this list is endless.. So better I will just reply on your farewells, my friends, if there will be any.

Glutch (Anonymous)Mon 14-Dec-15 02:35 PM
Charter member
#126651, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #4

Didn't get to run with you that often but when I did it was a pleasure, bards are way better than a healer in my opinion, but they both have their strengths and weaknesses, glad to get your sword back to you, and aid in finding that thing. It's all a learning curve, I didn't know you ad the other bard, but you seemed decently competent. Glwyn and come back to the tree with a druid or ranger!

RdenbrelTue 15-Dec-15 03:19 AM
86 posts
#126657, "RE: Farewells"
In response to Reply #8

I have played my second bard before Dionis. But as soon, i prefer to play only one character at once, i have dropped to play her and began a new tragic bard-build.

It was a pleasure too, to solve with you the immortals quest about Thar-Eris binding... I was looking forward to find out, what was the end of this quest... Alas, it all ended without any explanations..

Thank you, and wish you luck!

RaltevioMon 14-Dec-15 07:01 PM
134 posts
#126652, "Ah crap."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 14-Dec-15 07:04 PM

I tried to stick around for the CON death this morning but you dropped link on me. I've been haunting you in the AM for a couple of days in anticipation. Alas.

You honestly grew on me, and I mean that in the best possible sense. I have not been a fan of your previous characters, but I think with Dionis you progressed a lot. Your RP was markedly better, your writing improved, your PK improved.

I really hope you enjoyed the tatt., I know that giving it to you likely raised a few eyebrows, but I could tell you put a lot of effort into the character.

Sorry about the lack of CON quest, I'd expect someone to be out mixing it up and taking a little more risk than you were to get access to a quest. Branch out a bit in future, take some risks, try different cabals and classes. Mix it up and you'll continue on the trajectory you're on. Anyway, you did great with Dionis. I hope you had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

Good luck with whatever comes next

RdenbrelTue 15-Dec-15 03:37 AM
86 posts
#126658, "RE: Ah crap."
In response to Reply #9

>I tried to stick around for the CON death this morning but
>you dropped link on me. I've been haunting you in the AM for a
>couple of days in anticipation. Alas.

Aye, it was even more hard for me to haunt you I've often logged in from mobile phone (so I've dropped link sometimes indeed) in the early mornings of Moscow time, to haunt for you or Miakoda Alas.

>
>You honestly grew on me, and I mean that in the best possible
>sense. I have not been a fan of your previous characters, but
>I think with Dionis you progressed a lot. Your RP was
>markedly better, your writing improved, your PK improved.
>

This all was able thanks to you, i think! You are really great immortal character. And writing, yes... i understand that i sound gibberish almost all the time, and that was your strong side too, that you had patience to understand all, that i have written..

>I really hope you enjoyed the tatt., I know that giving it to
>you likely raised a few eyebrows, but I could tell you put a
>lot of effort into the character.
>
Tattoo is just perfect! Who cares of someone's raised eyebrows?

>Sorry about the lack of CON quest, I'd expect someone to be
>out mixing it up and taking a little more risk than you were
>to get access to a quest. Branch out a bit in future, take
>some risks, try different cabals and classes. Mix it up and
>you'll continue on the trajectory you're on. Anyway, you did
>great with Dionis. I hope you had a lot of fun and learned a
>lot.

Do not be sorry, all is fine!
And yes, i really want to try some risky and unusual build. (if immortals will allow this build at all.)

>
>Good luck with whatever comes next
>

Thank you for all fun! Hope it was fun and for you too!
Good Luck, Raltevio!

Brizda (Anonymous)Tue 15-Dec-15 12:57 AM
Charter member
#126654, "Enjoyed our interactions."
In response to Reply #4

Thank you for RP'ing around with me. Sort of interesting "enemy" relationship we had. I felt bad we got your last bit of CON, but I know you anticipated it coming soon. Again, really enjoyed the interactions. Good stuff, and GLWYN.

RdenbrelTue 15-Dec-15 04:01 AM
86 posts
#126660, "RE: Enjoyed our interactions."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Tue 15-Dec-15 04:02 AM

Aye that was one of favorite and funniest parts of Dionis' RP.

There was one part in his life, when he flirted and wooed many women. And sometimes this part of his life awakened again and again
All in all Miakoda did not tamed him, as it was supposed from beginning. So he became an untamed buck (Haven't you seen the tattoos on his breasts?)

From his description:
"...His bare brawny chest covered only with blackthorn and ivy is all tattooed:
On the left breast a tattoo of a beautiful elven lady can be seen with a
neat inscription enclosed in a heart: "Miakoda". One of the thorns went
through the skin right on the painted heart, and a small drop of ruby blood
froze there, as if bleeding from this wounded tattooed heart. On the right
breast of this bard a tattooed card bearing a smirking harlequin is shining
with a bright greenish light breaking through all the plants..."

Thank you, as well! And wish you all the best, lady Brizda.

Gromm (Anonymous)Mon 14-Dec-15 04:11 AM
Charter member
#126644, "Somehwat irritating, but fun nevertheless"
In response to Reply #0

Sometimes I thought half of the global notes were from you, even thought about axing your head because of it a couple of times. Glad I didn't.

Gromm (Anonymous)Mon 14-Dec-15 04:12 AM
Charter member
#126645, "Great progress from your last char I know by the way"
In response to Reply #2

You've really progressed A LOT skill-wise. Something I don't quite manage to do

RdenbrelMon 14-Dec-15 05:23 AM
86 posts
#126649, "RE: Somehwat irritating, but fun nevertheless"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Mon 14-Dec-15 05:51 AM

My thanks, Gromm, I liked to re-raid with you those couple times we did..
Once you saved me from an inevitable PK when I slept Baiden in the Spire and you waked him I thought about 'knifing/axing/swording ' your head too in that moment and I'm glad that i did not!

All in all I remember you as one of the oldest and most dangerous reavers. Strange why you are not a Nightreaver still.

Hope to meet you on the Carrion battlefields again!

incognitoMon 14-Dec-15 03:58 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126643, "I heard you were probably close to con death"
In response to Reply #0

Well done on playing an involved character that wasn't a complete pushover in pk either.

It amuses me that where I was concerned you went into situations that so called elite players refuse to because they claim it is certain death, and not once did you die from doing it.

I'm really looking forward to your next. Maybe something a bit different, build wise?

RdenbrelMon 14-Dec-15 05:14 AM
86 posts
#126648, "RE: I heard you were probably close to con death"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 14-Dec-15 05:45 AM

>Well done on playing an involved character that wasn't a
>complete pushover in pk either.
>
>It amuses me that where I was concerned you went into
>situations that so called elite players refuse to because they
>claim it is certain death, and not once did you die from doing
>it.
>
>I'm really looking forward to your next. Maybe something a bit
>different, build wise?

Thank you!
I’m tired from bards for now after this third one, but one day I will surely return..
And for now you can remember me as: Rdenbrel and Dionis. (I bet, you know and the third one of my bards, but I'm not going to play her soon)
And yes, I have one so called 'wise build' in my mind for now, and if immortals will approve it, maybe we will meet soon on the battlefields again. I will focus on my new Role for now.

What about PK, I think, Dionis has not killed anyone at all. Amusing, but i think, i'm even proud of it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126642 Previous topic | Next topic