Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Altrana Me'a Lakilea the Champion of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126559
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 05-Dec-15 09:06 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126559, "(DELETED) [None] Altrana Me'a Lakilea the Champion of the Virtues"

Sat Dec 5 00:03:18 2015

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Altrana perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:121

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks., Altrana (Anonymous), 07-Dec-15 11:43 AM, #
Reply The only impression I've got of your character, Gromm (Anonymous), 07-Dec-15 12:07 PM, #5
Reply RE: Thanks., Akresius, 07-Dec-15 12:23 PM, #6
Reply Oh, also... Thanks for.., Altrana (Anonymous), 07-Dec-15 12:36 PM, #7
Reply RE: Paladins, Tac, 07-Dec-15 03:02 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Empowerment, Umiron, 07-Dec-15 04:13 PM, #9
     Reply Fwiw, incognito, 07-Dec-15 04:24 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Paladins, Kstatida, 08-Dec-15 04:34 AM, #11
Reply Re: Luthantulas the Akresius Monk, Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 09-Dec-15 07:11 PM, #12
Reply Thanks., Altrana (Anonymous), 07-Dec-15 11:43 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Altrana Me'a Lakilea the Champion ..., Dionis (Anonymous), 07-Dec-15 09:34 AM, #3
Reply So what exactly caused the train wreck with this one? n..., Lhydia, 05-Dec-15 12:03 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Altrana Me'a Lakilea the Champion ..., Demos, 05-Dec-15 11:47 AM, #1

Altrana (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-15 11:43 AM
Charter member
#126587, "Thanks."

Akresius: Thank you very much for all your interactions. I really enjoyed your religion (however brief) and I had high hopes for what I could accomplish. You were huge thumbs up. I'd do again - just never again as a good align.

Luthantulas: You were the very reason I decided to role up Altrana. I always thought your RP was stellar, and thought it would be a ton of fun to have an Akresius Monk. If CF is still around in 10 years, I hope you are too.

Kolo, Lith, Yiralis, Yentral, Seay, Bert, and the many other mortals who interacted with me. I truly enjoyed you, and your efforts to bring me back into the Fort. Thanks for being around and making the game fun.

Daphedee: Without going into much, our interactions were strained. I think you are doing an amazing job of high herald, and wish you the best of luck going forward. Altrana just thought you should be nuetral, not good.

If I missed anyone, sorry. Respond and I'll respond.

Gromm (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-15 12:07 PM
Charter member
#126589, "The only impression I've got of your character"
In response to Reply #0

It's pretty hard to ambush someone who sits in an Inn so much

AkresiusMon 07-Dec-15 12:22 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126591, "RE: Thanks."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 07-Dec-15 12:23 PM

>Akresius: Thank you very much for all your interactions. I
>really enjoyed your religion (however brief) and I had high
>hopes for what I could accomplish. You were huge thumbs up.
>I'd do again - just never again as a good align.

You are welcome. FWIW, I thought this character had some real potential for a goodie seeking redemption. I can't comment on your desire to get back into Fortress, because that had nothing to do with me. I will say, however, that trying to achieve an ultimate goal but never quite getting there can make for a really great character. It all depends on what is fun for you.

You seemed to understand my last point (below) well, so this is more for others:

As an aside, I've been getting a lot of paladins lately and should reiterate that Akresius is NOT a goodie imm, so potential empowerees would do well to keep that in mind. If anyone has questions, they can email me or start an open discussion on the Gameplay forum.

Altrana (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-15 12:36 PM
Charter member
#126592, "Oh, also... Thanks for.."
In response to Reply #6

Thanks for responding to emails, notes, etc.

Really shows you care about the playerbase and the game.. So thanks for being responsive and communicative. Makes a huge difference.

TacMon 07-Dec-15 03:02 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126595, "RE: Paladins"
In response to Reply #6

>As an aside, I've been getting a lot of paladins lately and
>should reiterate that Akresius is NOT a goodie imm, so
>potential empowerees would do well to keep that in mind. If
>anyone has questions, they can email me or start an open
>discussion on the Gameplay forum.

That's probably because there aren't any "murder evil" Imms for goodies right now but that doesn't kill the desire to play a paladin that likes to murder evil.

This seems like a fundamental issue with the Empowerment system. Imms want to play a char they want to play (w/ Religion etc.) and players desire have to match up. When they don't both sides are left somewhat unhappy (Imm has no followers for their cool persona/religion and/or Player follows "wrong" god and ends up in a bad state). I'd much rather see Religion decoupled from Empowerment entirely, but I doubt that is a likely result given the problems with something like Greenways.

I wonder if trying something like removing empowerment for say 3 months and judging the results might be worthwhile with the caveat that the Staff fully *expects* to return to status quo (sp?) unless there is a very obvious benefit for both sides to the change.

UmironMon 07-Dec-15 04:13 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126598, "RE: Empowerment"
In response to Reply #8

Disclaimer: this isn't announcement, sneak peek, or offer to change anything. It's an anecdote that players should base absolutely nothing on. I don't even particularly care if people think it is/was a good idea or not.

I had a version of this discussion with Destuvius recently. The tl;dr version goes something like I wouldn't mind seeing Paladins and Shaman receive all their supps (i.e. no empowerment required), but only receive virtues and shaman paths (or maybe just a second shaman path) by beseeching a god with an open religion. However, I'm 100% against letting Druids and Healers go nuts without empowerment and I didn't particularly like drawing a line between the two sets of classes versus having a consistent theme across all priests like we do now. I also have no clue how the rest of the staff would feel about this, as it's a huge divergence from the status quo.

I would agree though that the outlook for a Paladin or good Shaman right now is rather bleak, and many of the options available are either poorly suited for those roles or at the very least make it too easy (if not difficult not to) be a crappy Paladin / lightwalker and ultimately suffer consequences. As people have learned the hard way over the years, being an amazing NotGoodieImmortal follower and even being rewarded specifically for that does not make one a proper goodie, Paladin, Squire/Maran, etc., and that path is definitely easier when ones religion essentially amounts to "be a good goodie, damnit".

incognitoMon 07-Dec-15 04:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126600, "Fwiw"
In response to Reply #9

I quite like the idea you were batting around.

KstatidaTue 08-Dec-15 04:34 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126614, "RE: Paladins"
In response to Reply #8

"Imms want to play a char they want to play (w/ Religion etc.)"

I don't feel this is an issue, e.g. Drehir and Emnon are definitely religions that NEEDED to be created gameplay-wise.

Baerinika was slay-evil imm, so now that she's dormant something will be adjusted.

Luthantulas2 (Anonymous)Sun 20-Mar-16 05:43 PM
Charter member
#126625, "Re: Luthantulas the Akresius Monk"
In response to Reply #0

First of all thank you for the compliment. I do want to clear some misconceptions that I think may be floating around about Luthantulas the mortal.

Though he was a good Akresius follower he was not a great Maran. Although he focused a lot of his NEED for combat by fighting evil he did not shy away from a challenge or fight of neutrals or fights with good. Which are all very bad things for a Fortress member.

Luth was heading down a road of strife and possible alignment change in the long term. Had Luth not been accepted to be an Immortal when he was his continued actions would have seen him removed from the fortress as well.

My only observations of Altrana were our conversations and by the rhetoric Altrana spouted she was spot on for Akresius, but very far afield of Fortress. It was never my intention to be seen as a "test" or "rite of passage" for you to talk to me. I simply was trying to nudge you onto what Altrana was missing in ideology for a Fortress memeber. Sorry that there was confusion.

I'm going to be around CF as long as they let me.

Altrana (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-15 11:43 AM
Charter member
#126588, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #0

Akresius: Thank you very much for all your interactions. I really enjoyed your religion (however brief) and I had high hopes for what I could accomplish. You were huge thumbs up. I'd do again - just never again as a good align.

Luthantulas: You were the very reason I decided to role up Altrana. I always thought your RP was stellar, and thought it would be a ton of fun to have an Akresius Monk. If CF is still around in 10 years, I hope you are too.

Kolo, Lith, Yiralis, Yentral, Seay, Bert, and the many other mortals who interacted with me. I truly enjoyed you, and your efforts to bring me back into the Fort. Thanks for being around and making the game fun.

Daphedee: Without going into much, our interactions were strained. I think you are doing an amazing job of high herald, and wish you the best of luck going forward. Altrana just thought you should be nuetral, not good.

If I missed anyone, sorry. Respond and I'll respond.

Dionis (Anonymous)Mon 07-Dec-15 09:34 AM
Charter member
#126586, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Altrana Me'a Lakilea the Champion ..."
In response to Reply #0

We had some good interaction, sad you are gone.

GLWYN

LhydiaSat 05-Dec-15 12:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#126565, "So what exactly caused the train wreck with this one? n..."
In response to Reply #0

gr

DemosSat 05-Dec-15 11:47 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#126564, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Altrana Me'a Lakilea the Champion ..."
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping you got immducted! You were tough & looked like you were doing really well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126559 Previous topic | Next topic