Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Terxaxous Arainduin the Legend of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126527
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 02-Dec-15 10:25 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126527, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Terxaxous Arainduin the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Dec 2 21:24:38 2015

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Terxaxous perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:173

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Terxaxous Arainduin the Legend o..., Dundlin (Anonymous), 04-Dec-15 04:45 PM, #7
Reply Some Comments , TJHuron, 04-Dec-15 11:15 AM, #4
Reply You'll be missed..., Tummel (Anonymous), 04-Dec-15 12:49 PM, #5
Reply RE: You'll be missed..., TJHuron, 04-Dec-15 01:18 PM, #6
Reply Meh., Raltevio, 08-Dec-15 04:18 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Terxaxous Arainduin the Legend o..., Dionis (Anonymous), 03-Dec-15 08:47 AM, #1
     Reply There is, sort of, incognito, 03-Dec-15 10:25 AM, #2
          Reply RE: There is, sort of, Dionis (Anonymous), 03-Dec-15 02:16 PM, #3

Dundlin (Anonymous)Fri 04-Dec-15 04:45 PM
Charter member
#126551, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Terxaxous Arainduin the Legend o..."
In response to Reply #0

We had some good fights. It did take me a few times to figure out how to fight you. I think you ended up one ahead in the count. Oh well. Maybe next time. Two in a row I had fun with. Keep them coming.

TJHuronFri 04-Dec-15 11:15 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126546, "Some Comments "
In response to Reply #0

I've said alot on qhcf that I wanted to say here. I nearly deleted early on over the swiftstrike deal and re-rolled as a wood-elf. I really didn't want to deal with the goodie rager bit but things started to flow and Umiron said he'd look into the swiftstrike deal so already feeling committed to other aspects, I plugged on hoping he might make the change.

I would like to throw a comment out to whoever graded my first role. The imm comments mention wanting to know more about class/sphere. I thought I outlined his being a hand warrior clear enough in this passage:

"Many tried to bully Terxaxous for being different and a freak and it resulted in him getting into many fights over the years. Perhaps if he lived in a different community he might have found acceptance among the elven warriors, but, as it was, the order dominated the community and magic was the sole profession."

I suppose I should have been more specific to fist fights but when do young kids fight any other way?

I even made a reference later to him having a revelation about his path in life indicating what his sphere would be. I'll admit it was a loose connection but it was there. I dunno, maybe that's what frustrates me about these roles & RC. I thought I addressed his race, class, sphere, weapon choice, background & motivations all fairly well in the role.

Anyhow some goodbyes:

Raltevio: You were a lot of fun. I had one more really good (at least I thought so) painting to give to you but we weren't able to meet up. No hard feelings on that, it's the way things go. I actually thought you gave me a ton of attention, so thank you for that. It was actually kind of by chance that I decided to follow you. I had been ranking in the early ranks before I had decided on a sphere and stumbled on to your shrine. I thought what the heck, let's give this a shot, so I wrote the revelation into my role (see above). I went into it knowing it would be a strictly RP path, despite having said in the past I like to see religions give some sort of advantages. I was OK with it. I know you aren't in favor of mechanical advantages. Understanding what you're getting in to upfront makes it ok for me. Thanks again. Oh, and that was super cool to see the paintings get put into the shrine! Super awesome. Thank you.

Tummel: You're a pretty damn good DM. Not many are willing to hold the hard line like you are. The talks were cool over the tribunal incident. Honestly, it is complete #### to be able to warrant someone in another cabal. Complete ####. I tried to deal with it IC as best I could instead of whining on the forums or sending immortal notes. Whatever, I guess. Good luck going forward.

Varnon: You did not talk much. I don't know if it was RP driven, or you didn't like my character, or what. I mean, we got into some good fights together, but, beyond that there wasn't much. This isn't positive or negative, its just it. I felt like we interacted more as enemies (Aufang) than as allies. I kind of expected to hear something from you when you returned from vacation over all the notes I sent regarding the tribunal incident but we didn't have a word over it. Like I said, this is not a gripe about your character. I've always liked Varnon.

Gaspere: Man, I've great things to say about your character. It was interesting that the Troupe let us interact more than we would have otherwise. You've an interesting character arc and were a super cool guy to RP with. You were also a lot of fun to fight, most of the time (when you weren't coming at me with hastened zombie armies!) Good luck going forward.

Dundlin: Liked you through two characters now. Once you realized the best way to beat me I became a lot more wary of you. Well done and good luck!

I know there are lots I'm missing but I'm running out of time. Post and I'll reply.

Lastly, I walk away from this character just feeling disenchanted with certain aspects of this game. I'm not going to get into it all because I believe the staff really does put a ton of work into this game and I don't want to detract from it. I think it's important to be a positive part of the game and community as a player, not negative. I will say, however, that I just ordered a new laptop and when I receive it I will not be loading up my client software. I'm sure I'll be around the forums and reserve the right to change my mind, but, that's where I'm at now. Feel free to email if you want.

Later!

Tummel (Anonymous)Fri 04-Dec-15 12:49 PM
Charter member
#126547, "You'll be missed..."
In response to Reply #4

I liked Terxaxous and the interactions we had. I completely appreciated your frustration over the tribunal situation and hope that came across. The whole incident really created some good RP opportunities and interactions for Tummel and others that would have not occurred otherwise, so definitely a net positive imho.

The paintings were awesome and I was hoping I would get to keep the one of Hiltitirrpi, it was a classic!

Great job and hope to see you again sometime.

Tummel

TJHuronFri 04-Dec-15 01:18 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126548, "RE: You'll be missed..."
In response to Reply #5

I left all my things in the pit. If the game hasn't rebooted the painting should still be in my sack. Maybe you can still have it!

RaltevioTue 08-Dec-15 04:18 AM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126613, "Meh."
In response to Reply #4

I liked Terx a lot. I hope you had fun. Unfortunately life and school got in the way toward the end. I think there was 7-8 day period when I was unable to log in.

I honestly felt like I am spread thin with respect to keeping track of everyone. I enjoyed the character concept a lot though.

If you have any specific criticisms, especially related to the religion, feel free to email me. While positivity generally is a good thing, it's good to have feedback.

All the best and GLWYN.

Dionis (Anonymous)Thu 03-Dec-15 08:47 AM
Charter member
#126531, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Terxaxous Arainduin the Legend o..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 03-Dec-15 08:47 AM

Eh why you all delete with so much con left?
I wish there would be such ability to gift all those 'not used constitution' between characters...

GLWYN

incognitoThu 03-Dec-15 10:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126532, "There is, sort of"
In response to Reply #1

Occasionally imms allow a PC to rp their way to giving someone else a few of their con.

Dionis (Anonymous)Thu 03-Dec-15 02:16 PM
Charter member
#126534, "RE: There is, sort of"
In response to Reply #2

Oh if so, then I'm ready to receive those 'spare con' as a gift!
We can RP it of course

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126527 Previous topic | Next topic