Subject: "(AUTO) [SCARAB] Yuno Glaciem the Grand Master of Change..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126487
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 29-Nov-15 09:32 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126487, "(AUTO) [SCARAB] Yuno Glaciem the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sun Nov 29 08:30:13 2015

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Yuno perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:188

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply ARGH!, Yuno (Anonymous), 01-Dec-15 09:53 AM, #3
Reply Goodbye, Tsalantha (Anonymous), 01-Dec-15 11:32 AM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbye, Yuno (Anonymous), 01-Dec-15 01:31 PM, #8
Reply RE: ARGH!, Dionis (Anonymous), 03-Dec-15 08:40 AM, #9
Reply Don't edit when you post as anonymous handle NT, Kstatida, 03-Dec-15 01:20 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Don't edit when you post as anonymous handle NT, Rdenbrel, 03-Dec-15 02:24 PM, #11
          Reply You would be surprised, incognito, 03-Dec-15 04:55 PM, #12
               Reply RE: You would be surprised, Rdenbrel, 04-Dec-15 02:42 PM, #13
Reply shame I never got to drag you here and make your delusi..., Scarabaeus, 17-Dec-15 12:45 PM, #14
Reply RE: ARGH!, Selionar (Anonymous), 17-Dec-15 10:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: (AUTO) [SCARAB] Yuno Glaciem the Grand Master of Ch..., Isildur, 29-Nov-15 12:06 PM, #1
     Reply I really hope he didn't decide to delete after our figh..., Gyrdiandaan (Anonymous), 29-Nov-15 09:52 PM, #2
     Reply Ah, now the pieces fit., Yuno (Anonymous), 01-Dec-15 09:55 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Ah, now the pieces fit., Isildur, 01-Dec-15 12:12 PM, #6
               Reply Shows how much I'm paying attention to CF!, Yuno (Anonymous), 01-Dec-15 01:29 PM, #7

Yuno (Anonymous)Tue 01-Dec-15 09:53 AM
Charter member
#126505, "ARGH!"
In response to Reply #0

I thought I had another week or so to log back in and save Yuno. Time was flying faster than I thought.

Ranking up Yuno, although a short process, was a ton of fun because of the interactions I had with people. He was a paranoid delusional and saw conspiracies in everything. I think people appreciated a shapeshifter with a good role he role-played and life was good.

Once I got sky flash and could PK some people decided Yuno was a "murder shifter" and life was less fun and interactions harder to find. Add to this your quest form gripers and I pretty much gave up on starting interactions with other players. I was always happy to role-play with those who came to me, and my stellar cabal mates, Jeede and Tsalantha.

I wrote this role 100% for following Jormyr, and I picked him mostly because I thought our play times lined up in perfect sync. That turned out to not be at all true, and interactions (although fun and good) were frustratingly sparse. It's my own fault... but probably more Jormie love would have kept me more inspired.

A final thought for the PB. If you want to win at PK, you have to be willing to die in PK for a while. Playing it safe may net you a 20:10 ratio, but you'll never get scary deadly until you're willing to mix it up with a few characters that get a 40 0 ratio.

Much love to all, thanks for the good times.

- Yeti

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Tue 01-Dec-15 11:32 AM
Charter member
#126508, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

I hope you enjoyed the character, especially as you got a quest form which always adds some uniqueness to a character.

I feel like you are being too generous in describing me, at least, as a stellar cabal mate as we hardly ever saw each other. Maybe twice? With no travel together. Almost grouping for a raid on empire but not quite.

In terms of what you were after in the cabal, I gave you a qualified thumbs up, in that I said you seemed like a decent candidate but I really hadn't seen enough of you to be sure. In fact I think my first input was that I didn't know you well enough to comment, but after our talk in the temple I went back with what I felt able to.

I also wanted to see more of you to get to know your character better so as to decide how best to involve you in ic events, but it just wasn't happening, which is probably mostly my fault, so sorry. I did want to confirm that you were not a griefer or hanging out with imperials etc before taking the next steps. Felt like you were not but wanted to be sure. Who have your past characters been?

Glwyn too.

Yuno (Anonymous)Tue 01-Dec-15 01:31 PM
Charter member
#126511, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #5

True.

This was a comeback character for me. I haven't played anything since, uh, 2012 or so. Before that probably 2010.

Dionis (Anonymous)Thu 03-Dec-15 08:37 AM
Charter member
#126530, "RE: ARGH!"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 03-Dec-15 08:40 AM

It was a pleasure to interact with you when we met first time and after. ( it was interesting to RP the love to freedom and friendship on its ground between the Beast of scarab and an outlander).. But then all those your nightwalkers , and this open war against Scarabs, though my hand could not hit you still.. Seems and your too..

GLWYN

KstatidaThu 03-Dec-15 01:20 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126533, "Don't edit when you post as anonymous handle NT"
In response to Reply #9

NT

RdenbrelThu 03-Dec-15 02:24 PM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126535, "RE: Don't edit when you post as anonymous handle NT"
In response to Reply #10

Oh? All will see my account?
I never hided myself, and post anonymously becouse moderators asked so.
I'm new here and had only three characters, so my account name is of no interest to anyone I bet.

incognitoThu 03-Dec-15 04:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126537, "You would be surprised"
In response to Reply #11

Some people would target you for being relatively new. However, I will say that your pk skills have improved hugely since your earlier efforts. You used to practically pk yourself and now you are hard to pin down. I prefer the fights now

RdenbrelFri 04-Dec-15 02:42 PM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
#126550, "RE: You would be surprised"
In response to Reply #12

>Some people would target you for being relatively new.
>However, I will say that your pk skills have improved hugely
>since your earlier efforts. You used to practically pk
>yourself and now you are hard to pin down. I prefer the fights
>now
Thanks for warm words. Actually I just do not like only PK for PK. Yes, PK is fun, but it should have a nice background for being attractive for me. And I do not care if anyone will target me just because I'm new to this game.. All in all I understand, that for some people it's still like 'counter strike.' This is why I was forced to learn to survive here

ScarabaeusThu 17-Dec-15 12:44 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#126682, "shame I never got to drag you here and make your delusi..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 17-Dec-15 12:45 PM

.ons come true...

An Interrogation Room
This shadowy chamber is lit by candles on shelves hung on the eastern and
western walls. A door to the north is the only exit, as the windows in the
south wall have been bricked over. The floor is made of paving stones, the
walls are of stone and timber. A table in the center of the room holds a
bowl of water, a towel, and an unusual metal device that appears to fit over
the head. Two chairs sit on the west side of the table, one chair sits on the
east side. Displayed on the western wall is a rack full of instruments. A
clicking sound comes from above this chamber.

{Exits: north}

Selionar (Anonymous)Thu 17-Dec-15 10:22 PM
Charter member
#126685, "RE: ARGH!"
In response to Reply #3

Got to give it to you for mixing it up, never seemed affraid of a fight. Will miss beating up on the ice monkey! best of luck and GLWYn

IsildurSun 29-Nov-15 12:06 PM
5969 posts
#126488, "RE: (AUTO) [SCARAB] Yuno Glaciem the Grand Master of Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

So glad you didn't have horned owl or vampire bat.

I enjoyed Yuno's paranoid delusional role-play. You did it pretty well. Get tired of the character?

Gyrdiandaan (Anonymous)Sun 29-Nov-15 09:52 PM
Charter member
#126498, "I really hope he didn't decide to delete after our figh..."
In response to Reply #1

Since he killed me, I am hoping it had nothing to do with me.

It was a rough day for him, as I think he had already died several times before we fought.

Yuno (Anonymous)Tue 01-Dec-15 09:55 AM
Charter member
#126507, "Ah, now the pieces fit."
In response to Reply #1

Pretty sure I know who you are based on that one comment.

Had some fun interacting with you. You played a better thief than I played vulture/yeti. I always told myself I was going to spend a login focused just on getting you, but it just never seemed very fun to sit and wait in any of the traps I knew would have a shot.

IsildurTue 01-Dec-15 12:12 PM
5969 posts
#126509, "RE: Ah, now the pieces fit."
In response to Reply #4

I age died and commented on the battlefield thread, so it's no secret.

Yuno (Anonymous)Tue 01-Dec-15 01:29 PM
Charter member
#126510, "Shows how much I'm paying attention to CF!"
In response to Reply #6

I should have mentioned in the goodbye - closing on the sale of my business this month, moving states, and opening another. Busy.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #126487 Previous topic | Next topic