Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Vokrem the Warlord of the Grinning Sku..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125991
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 20-Oct-15 09:10 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125991, "(DELETED) [None] Vokrem the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls"

Tue Oct 20 21:08:55 2015

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Vokrem perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:134

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 07:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125992, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vokrem the Warlord of the Grinning..."
In response to Reply #0

You win CF for keeping a good attitude while enduring all those deaths.

Vokrem (inactive user)Wed 21-Oct-15 10:29 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

I really appreciate the kind words. It helped that I went into it knowing that I loved orcs but that as a newly returning character (with basically no remaining game knowledge) I was going to get my ass handed to me.

I just tried to learn as much as I could in the process, and at the very least I was able to re-learn the basic layout of the cities, a couple (really commonly known) shortcuts, and a tiny bit about really basic preps.

Thanks to everyone who could smell the newb from a million miles away and clearly went out of the way to help/teach.

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 11:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#125997, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #2

> Thanks to everyone who could smell the newb from a million miles away and clearly went out of the way to help/teach.

I would have done more to help in-game if it had been possible. Check out my reply to you on Dio's about potential preps for an orc.

One thing to think about: try to get to the point where you can decide with "reasonable" accuracy whether to fight certain characters or just avoid them entirely.

This is pretty hard and nobody gets it exactly right. Some vets err on the side of caution and miss out on kills because they avoided someone or took too much time to prep beforehand. Some err on the side of riskiness. This probably gets them some more kills at a cost of more deaths. But you generally don't want to be in a place where you regularly choose to fight people and then get steamrolled by them.

In your case with Vokrem the percentage of enemies it was "prudent" for you to engage may have been relatively small. That's okay. Just focus on killing the people you match up well against and avoid the ones you match up especially poorly against. For those enemies who are somewhere in between "pushover" and "no point in fighting them", try to catch them by surprise (and/or wounded) and be ready to bail immediately if things go south.

Also: continue to increase your area knowledge. It's a pretty big deal w.r.t. PK success.

Groonak (Anonymous)Mon 26-Oct-15 02:38 AM
Charter member
#126028, "Well hell."
In response to Reply #2

Boo! Whose Nak nak supposed to play with now?

Think with orcs no other orc ever seems to be around when you are. I think out of the handful of orcs you were about the only one I ever saw on a fairly consistent basis. Makes me kinda have a sniffle

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125991 Previous topic | Next topic