Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Peace,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125398
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 05-Sep-15 06:10 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125398, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Peace, Elder Prophet of the Light"

Wed Sep 2 00:33:44 2015

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Liffy perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:537

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No worries and come on back., Luthantulas2 (Anonymous), 04-Sep-15 12:20 AM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..., Jhyrbian, 04-Sep-15 11:51 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..., Liffy (Anonymous), 07-Sep-15 01:11 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..., liffy (Anonymous), 08-Sep-15 09:57 PM, #17
Reply Just to settle a bet I have going; were you Ryu? (nt), Bemused, 04-Sep-15 12:10 AM, #11
Reply Characters like this are good for the game. Some thoug..., TMNS, 03-Sep-15 11:20 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..., Bertrame (Anonymous), 03-Sep-15 03:41 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..., Lithodora (Anonymous), 02-Sep-15 01:40 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..., Vladamir, 03-Sep-15 08:16 PM, #6
Reply You had your critics but, incognito, 02-Sep-15 03:01 AM, #1
     Reply Those weren't critics. We all liked Liffy., Murphy, 02-Sep-15 03:08 AM, #2
          Reply Not me, not in any way, shape or form., Vladamir, 03-Sep-15 08:07 PM, #5
               Reply Maybe it was an IMM trying to challenge RP of the Fort, Sertius, 03-Sep-15 08:41 PM, #7
               Reply Ok, everyone OUTSIDE Fortress loved Liffy., Murphy, 03-Sep-15 11:48 PM, #9
               Reply Here's the thing, incognito, 04-Sep-15 12:09 AM, #10
               Reply Sanc on enemies., Murphy, 04-Sep-15 04:39 AM, #13
               Reply There are "Characters who can heal some" and then there..., Vladamir, 06-Sep-15 06:22 PM, #15
               Reply Have to agree with him, Torak, 04-Sep-15 03:03 AM, #12

Luthantulas2 (Anonymous)Sun 20-Mar-16 05:43 PM
Charter member
#125426, "No worries and come on back."
In response to Reply #0

I had no problem with Liffy as a character. As a mortal I knew you were a pacifist and you were not or could not play a competent healer. Luthantulas, being a priest of Akresius, has nothing but contempt for a someone who avoids confrontation and combat. It compounds with the fact that when you were in combat you were not a skilled combatant. I constantly pushed acolytes to be more aggressive and Maran-like. That is who Luthantulas is.

Then I became an Immortal and was put in a position of power from an IC point of view. I have never dictated policy or how you choose to play your character, but if you engage Luthantulas in game you're going to get Luthantulas's view of the world. Sorry man, acolytes and especially pacifist acolytes are not his favorite people.

When you engaged Luthantulas on CB about attending the "spark of life" party it was not going to be a pretty conversation. To be honest, I simply just thought you were drunk in real life and left it at that. I had no hard feelings in the end.

Good luck with your next.

JhyrbianFri 04-Sep-15 11:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125434, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..."
In response to Reply #0

i love these replies, i didn't know this character, but i wish i did. you had an impact.

Liffy (Anonymous)Mon 07-Sep-15 01:11 AM
Charter member
#125447, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..."
In response to Reply #14

I had a lot of fun with this character. thanks to the immortals and Avderlain. second tatted character and first or second leaders Sorry I was really drunk playing on a I phone half of the time with this
Character. got to
Learn all kinds of stuff! thanks for all the fun Maybe next time we try a easier class to play. Anyways thanks! had a new job also take over my life and
A female friend is taking a lot of cf away oh well!

liffy (Anonymous)Tue 08-Sep-15 09:57 PM
Charter member
#125471, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..."
In response to Reply #16

Also, In regards to in this character, I enjoyed all character interactions mean or good ..

BemusedFri 04-Sep-15 12:10 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125425, "Just to settle a bet I have going; were you Ryu? (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

TMNSThu 03-Sep-15 11:20 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#125422, "Characters like this are good for the game. Some thoug..."
In response to Reply #0

I can only speak for the first ~300 hrs of this character...that being said...

1) First and foremost...you were an utterly horrible mechanical healer. To the point I never relied on you to keep me alive or heal/sanc me. It is what it is.

2) You were a fantastic CHALLENGE for good align roleplay. I'll expand on this if asked.

3) You seemed to have an almost "child-like" personality. While some people saw that and thought petulant, it makes sense. Luckily I dragged Liffy around on some explore trips so I got a full glimpse of the "wonderment" side.

D) I was/am/is sure this was Krilcov, because I swear the player was on some crazy strong drugs. Occasionally Liffy was nearly competent as a healer, and other times I wasn't sure if the player even understood how to play CF (or use a computer, to be honest). Not only that, sometimes Liffy would seem downright normal with his RP, and other times he was INSANE.

All in all...interesting char.

Bertrame (Anonymous)Thu 03-Sep-15 03:41 PM
Charter member
#125413, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..."
In response to Reply #0

Ugh! I know many in the land will have different views. Miss I will the pillow talks and the assistance you lent me as I ascended toward Cardinal. Remember the Spark that shines bright is never extinguished.

Lithodora (Anonymous)Wed 02-Sep-15 01:40 PM
Charter member
#125405, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..."
In response to Reply #0

Won't even mention the mechanical stuff. People make mistakes. Some more than others. I'm more or less fine with that, although Liffy did make some pretty spectacular ones. Live and learn, come back better next time.

The low point for me was the time you got into a spat with Lutanthalas over cb. Not only did you treat him in a manner that seemed totally inappropriate given his status as an immortal, you actually threatened to kill yourself if you ever became like him.

Now, really nobody in Fortress should be threatening suicide over cb, but least of all an Acolyte leader. That is, someone whose main job is to keep the Maran from all coming down with PTSD because of the terrible things they see and do as Maran. Someone who's supposed to be a Beacon of Hope (TM).

That said, I thought some of the crap you took from other Fortress members was also inappropriate. I mean, I understand where those guys were coming from, but like with you and Lutanthalas there needs to be some deference to authority. You were a leader and they weren't; that should have meant something.

VladamirThu 03-Sep-15 08:16 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#125419, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Liffy the Radiant Beacon of Pe..."
In response to Reply #3

>That said, I thought some of the crap you took from other
>Fortress members was also inappropriate. I mean, I understand
>where those guys were coming from, but like with you and
>Lutanthalas there needs to be some deference to authority.
>You were a leader and they weren't; that should have meant
>something.

Tolerance has it's limits. I deleted before he made EP because, and solely because, I was so fed up dealing with him and there was just no way to avoid it. It sucked all of the fun out of the game for me to be so beyond frustrated with someone, and have no decently RP'd way to handle it. Other people were obviously more inclined to keep their characters and let loose more of their vitriol. I just chose to hang it up and stop joining the Fortress till after he was gone, because I couldn't deal with him at all.

incognitoWed 02-Sep-15 03:01 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125399, "You had your critics but"
In response to Reply #0

What I saw was good.

You did save more than a couple of people from me.

MurphyWed 02-Sep-15 03:08 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125400, "Those weren't critics. We all liked Liffy."
In response to Reply #1

nt

VladamirThu 03-Sep-15 08:07 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#125415, "Not me, not in any way, shape or form."
In response to Reply #2

Dude, we would be getting raided, assraped because our healer was off doing Christ only knows what instead of healing us. You were IN THE FORTRESS at times, while fighting was going on at the Maran, just chilling with people screaming at you over the CB as politely as possible to get off your ass and do something. There was a STRONG rumor going around at one point that you were Krilkov, deliberately punking the Fortress you were so terrabad, and I actually talked to an imm about the possibility. Then at times your attitude was so counter to what you should have been doing (Arguing with an imm over the cb? Seriously? As ####ing EP?!) that I was utterly put off by the character. Frankly, we were inducted at the same time, and when you made full Acolyte I about fell out of my chair, because I had worked my ass off to get it and you basically just got it handed to you the same day for just showing up and sucking, and not seemingly trying very hard. Then you made Elder Prophet, and I just deleted because OMFGWTFDNR!

The amount of frustration you caused me, especially after you sanced someone I was fighting at the time, was beyond epic. You need a special word just for how badly interacting with you made me feel, because I had to still play nice with you and that just stretched beyond my ability to roleplay.

SertiusThu 03-Sep-15 08:41 PM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
#125420, "Maybe it was an IMM trying to challenge RP of the Fort"
In response to Reply #5

But yeah, as healers go, Liffy was not the best to put it extremely mildly.

MurphyThu 03-Sep-15 11:48 PM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125423, "Ok, everyone OUTSIDE Fortress loved Liffy."
In response to Reply #5

Hilarious.

incognitoFri 04-Sep-15 12:09 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125424, "Here's the thing"
In response to Reply #5

If you knew you couldn't rely on liffy, why was your life any harder than for others who have no healer?

It's not like fort doesn't normally have numerous other chars with some kind of healing ability.

MurphyFri 04-Sep-15 04:39 AM
1639 posts
#125428, "Sanc on enemies."
In response to Reply #10

Man, I wish I was there to see it.

VladamirSun 06-Sep-15 06:22 PM
1179 posts
#125441, "There are "Characters who can heal some" and then there..."
In response to Reply #10

Most of the rest of us were busy fighting at the time, and Liffy's presence not only didn't scare our enemies at all, it emboldened them because odds were he would do something stupid to cause at least one of us to die. You can't have a healer present and simply discount them from the plans, and he should NEVER have gotten promoted with his lack of ability to handle even the basics. Ever. EVER. NEVER EVER.

TorakFri 04-Sep-15 03:03 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
#125427, "Have to agree with him"
In response to Reply #5

Man, the headache Liffy caused for my Marshall.... oi. I borderline broke RP a few times just having you around, even going as far as getting a "warning" from Baerinika that I was too harsh - but damn, I remember watching you spam heals to your death on someone not taking damage with 100% health while you died in 4-5 rounds. I've seen you sanc enemies, I've seen you talk #### while we're being raided and people are asking you to show up.... even watched you spam complete nonsense over CB like you rolled your face on the keyboard or played drunk.

The fact you made it this far shows dedication that I just cannot understand. Cheers, I guess.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125398 Previous topic | Next topic