Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ahjevhil Comfrey the Herbalist o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125194
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 01-Aug-15 04:50 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2024
16985 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125194, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Ahjevhil Comfrey the Herbalist of the Emerald Oak, Commander of Battle"

Sat Aug 1 16:49:55 2015

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ahjevhil perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:269

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks all!!, Ajhevhil (Anonymous), 01-Aug-15 05:04 PM, #1
     Reply You just made my S-list..., Varaez (Anonymous), 01-Aug-15 06:53 PM, #2
     Reply Yeah I know, I made my #### list too. , Ajhevhil (Anonymous), 01-Aug-15 08:07 PM, #4
          Reply Haha - too funny, Varaez (Anonymous), 01-Aug-15 08:14 PM, #6
     Reply Can't believe you deleted, Aufang (Anonymous), 01-Aug-15 07:28 PM, #3
     Reply No problem, good character. , Ajhevhil (Anonymous), 01-Aug-15 08:11 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Thanks all!!, Trillen (Anonymous), 02-Aug-15 05:38 PM, #7
     Reply I have high hopes for you! , Ajhevhil (Anonymous), 02-Aug-15 06:15 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Thanks all!!, Strienat, 02-Aug-15 07:55 PM, #9
     Reply Ha, no, wasn't you.., Ajhevhil (Anonymous), 03-Aug-15 05:41 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Thanks all!!, Verathi, 03-Aug-15 09:16 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Thanks all!!, Varnon (Anonymous), 03-Aug-15 06:33 PM, #12

Ajhevhil (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-15 05:04 PM
Charter member
#125195, "Thanks all!!"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry I didn't go further Strienat, I really did want to play this out so you'd have a follower on the pillar. This was my first SUCCESSFUL attempt at playing a Villager follower of yours out of two other tries that fizzled out.

Thanks for all the interactions Verathi. Seems like you're still finding your place in the pantheon. There were like 3 questions I tried asking you that you said you'd have to speak to Ysal. You're a Village IMM, just go for it. Diversity amongst IMMs is okay and actually adds flavor to the cabal.

Had fun for a while, stopped having fun a little bit ago so I'm moving on while there are still people to fill my shoes and shake things up.

Til the next one!

Varaez (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-15 06:53 PM
Charter member
#125196, "You just made my S-list..."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed the fact that you and I were often at odds about almost everything. I also understand your frustrations, and I have had a hard time with some of the same 'things' myself.

That said,

You showed me new things - that is awesome, and I am very grateful for it. I'm not sure if I was able to return the favor or not, sometimes I can sometimes I cannot.

All in all, while we had our disagreements I think you were a good commander, and in general brought positive things to the village. I admired your 'take no prisoners' mentality when it came to war, I also liked that regardless of the opposition in any argument you stuck to your guns. I never saw you flip-flop.

However, you've made my S-list because you talked a big game about villagers deleting and how you wouldn't.

Regardless, GLWYN - I hope you had fun with Ahjevhil

Ajhevhil (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-15 08:07 PM
Charter member
#125198, "Yeah I know, I made my #### list too. "
In response to Reply #2

Goal was to get on the pillar, I was just getting too bitter listening to people and the character wasn't an enjoyment to play.

I'm not going to play the game if it isn't fun. =P

Plus there are tons of people to carry the torch at this point.

Also I liked your character, I stayed on top of you and provoked you all the time because Verathi told me to keep a special eye on you. Meaning I held you to a higher standard and harassed you whenever possible.

So yes, it is a #### list I deserve to be on but we'll both get over it.

Varaez (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-15 08:14 PM
Charter member
#125200, "Haha - too funny"
In response to Reply #4

For the record, one time after you had thoroughly chewed me out publicly (likely the time I charged ahead at the Island)

I turned to Varnon and asked 'Does he hate you too, or is it just me?" hah.

Varnon of course said you were hard on him as well. Anyways, I will miss Ahj.

Aufang (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-15 07:28 PM
Charter member
#125197, "Can't believe you deleted"
In response to Reply #1

I also was surprised to see a villager who followed Strienat. I remember reading his helpful awhile back and thinking no way you could do that as a villager. Let alone an assassin. I bet you didn't assassinate anyone.

You were very competent and very tough. Assassin on assassin can kind of be a boring fight because it's almost like who wins the RNG battle. I still enjoyed our fights and thought you a most worthy opponent. If you were logged in it changed my whole game plan and made me a heck of a lot more wary.

I've only got thumbs up for you. I don't know why people are talking at you about parity stuff. I didn't see many problems myself and anything that was potentially an issue I was asking for it and actually would have defended you on it. Ask Varaez.

So great job. Thanks for being a great opponent and thank you especially for taking care of my #### against lowbie looters.

Ajhevhil (Anonymous)Sat 01-Aug-15 08:11 PM
Charter member
#125199, "No problem, good character. "
In response to Reply #3

Enjoyed having you as an enemy as well.

I tried to assassinate a couple of people but never really TRIED like I usually do.

My take on the religion was probably pretty unique. This character was all about promoting life to a dead village to restore it. In addition he felt that magic itself corrupted pure and healthy life so that destroying magic promoted life. Magic and mages are like cancer. You have to cut out the tumor so the overall body can flourish and grow.

Trillen (Anonymous)Sun 02-Aug-15 05:38 PM
Charter member
#125207, "RE: Thanks all!!"
In response to Reply #1

Wow... this incredibly bums me out.

Regardless, I liked your style and balls-to-the-walls attitude. Watching you fight four guys and pick some off in the process was pretty amazing.

I was really looking forward to seeing what we could accomplish when I was up there in hero range, but... If the love for the character was no longer there, you did the right thing-- so as to not become a deadbeat Leader that never plays. So kudos to you for that and all that you accomplished. I'm definitely a fan.

Ajhevhil (Anonymous)Sun 02-Aug-15 06:15 PM
Charter member
#125208, "I have high hopes for you! "
In response to Reply #7

Bard is total game changer for cabal wars and I'm pretty sure you could get the Village out of its lurch if you wanted to.

StrienatSun 02-Aug-15 07:55 PM
Member since 23rd Dec 2013
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125209, "RE: Thanks all!!"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed watching you. Your take was interesting and pushed the envelope on how far I felt someone should go in attacking. You made me want to come down on you a couple of times, but every time I would start, you played it exactly the right way and I really enjoyed that.

I'm sorry that it stopped being fun for you. I hope it wasn't anything on my part. I wish you had continued trying to come talk to me, I really did not ever hear much from you after getting my tat. I would watch and see if I could push in something to get a talk going, but really never found time with all the warring you had going on. All in all, I really enjoyed watching you, as stated above, and hope that you come back and find something fun to play.

Ajhevhil (Anonymous)Mon 03-Aug-15 05:41 AM
Charter member
#125210, "Ha, no, wasn't you.."
In response to Reply #9

Given that I was following your religion and our play times didn't mesh I only attempted to go talk to you a couple of times. You were typically pretty good about being vis, and when you were I would always seek you out. You also didn't hesitate to start interacting with me randomly which I really liked, I just thought that was your chosen interaction style.

Knowing our play times via your wizlist didn't mesh, it sort of seemed like a waste of time going to sit in your shrine just in case you might be playing off your set times. Has nothing to do with getting your tat, I'd say we interacted just as much before and after.

Glad you enjoyed the character and thanks again!

VerathiMon 03-Aug-15 09:16 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
#125211, "RE: Thanks all!!"
In response to Reply #1

In general, I was a fan of Ahjevhil. I had started to notice you were getting bitter though. I didn't notice any questionable behavior while watching you, but our hours don't closely overlap either. This was actually a problem in that I was trying to catch you recently for some interaction and our hours hadn't lined up in weeks. I really thought you had potential to really be a force with this character, so kind of sad you deleted.

As far as it goes, seeking Ysal meant I was likely pretty neutral on the decision or just didn't care too much one way or the other. Still, you may say to just go your own way but others get mad when different imms punish for different behaviors. There will never 100% conformity, but it really is better to aim for some unity when I easily able to.

Varnon (Anonymous)Mon 03-Aug-15 06:33 PM
Charter member
#125218, "RE: Thanks all!!"
In response to Reply #1

I had a feeling that this or con death or something was coming, because I could sense the frustration. Nothing to blatant or anything, just little things.

I appreciate the induction, the task after (I love that by the way and thought it was perfect ic and awesome to coming up with something ooc). I also learned a lot from time we traveled together. Most importantly was the do not cranial target when confused. In all my years of playing, you would think I knew better but somehow I did not or I forgot. Hope you were not that mad as I know that was stupid of me.

Thanks a bunch for drillmaster recommendation as that was very cool. Also the help on legacies and tactics.

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125194 Previous topic | Next topic