Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Soressh the Ogoshi, Village Applicant" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125077
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-Jul-15 04:05 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125077, "(DELETED) [None] Soressh the Ogoshi, Village Applicant"

Thu Jul 23 16:04:25 2015

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Soressh perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:30
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:61

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm going to repeat what Tommy Lee Jones said to Jim Ca..., Vladamir, 30-Jul-15 10:16 PM, #3
Reply It sure seems that he upset you much, Kstatida, 31-Jul-15 03:10 AM, #4
     Reply He also didn't ever get inducted to the Village which m..., Observer (Anonymous), 31-Jul-15 05:24 AM, #5
     Reply Please delete all the extra posts., Vladamir, 31-Jul-15 10:40 AM, #
     Reply The Commander, thank god. He sounded fairly disgusted h..., Vladamir, 31-Jul-15 10:39 AM, #7
     Reply The Commander, thank god. He sounded fairly disgusted h..., Vladamir, 31-Jul-15 10:39 AM, #8
     Reply He did. Quite a lot., Vladamir, 31-Jul-15 10:37 AM, #6
          Reply I don't., Tsunami, 31-Jul-15 04:02 PM, #9
               Reply I suspect he does speak for the majority, incognito, 31-Jul-15 04:27 PM, #10
               Reply I suspect, Tsunami, 31-Jul-15 05:40 PM, #11
                    Reply I can remember being new, incognito, 31-Jul-15 06:14 PM, #12
                         Reply RE: I can remember being new, Isildur, 01-Aug-15 02:47 PM, #14
               Reply RE: I don't., Vladamir, 01-Aug-15 10:31 AM, #
               Reply RE: I don't., Vladamir, 01-Aug-15 10:31 AM, #13
Reply You're really good at being a douchebag., Athioles, 23-Jul-15 11:05 PM, #2
Reply Just was not feeling this guy after your spamming me wi..., Commander (Anonymous), 23-Jul-15 04:52 PM, #1

VladamirThu 30-Jul-15 10:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#125163, "I'm going to repeat what Tommy Lee Jones said to Jim Ca..."
In response to Reply #0

'I hate you. I really don't like you,I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'

You brought absolutely nothing to the game except for another worthless throw-away character whose sole purpose was to cause other people to not enjoy the game. Were you beaten as a child, not beaten enough or what? What kind of ####-knuckle gets his kicks just going around and trying to upset as many people as he possibly can? Did mommy not love you enough, so now you log into an internet game just to piss all over everyone else?

As for the staff, you all saw what he was doing. You saw he was only out to grief the maximum number of people, and you did absolutely zero about it. I'm all for giving someone enough rope to hang themselves, but his #### was essentially condoned by being ignored. I've been trying to be nicer to the staff for the last couple of years, making the necessary kissy kissy noises and trying to not comment too negatively, but I'm throwing a big chunk of the blame for all of the people who this guy pissed off squarely on you.

You can argue "We step in and people bitch, we don't step in and people still bitch" but that's just passing the buck, don't you for one second tell me there was a single other person on the mud who would have shed the slightest tear over Soressh, or said a bad word about you for stepping in.

The single biggest thing about this game that pisses me off are the people who play for no reason other than to ruin someone else's day. It SHOULD be fairly high on your list too, since most of the players who wind up being griefed are the low hanging fruit known as "newer players". You know, the things we want to attract to the game.

KstatidaFri 31-Jul-15 03:10 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125169, "It sure seems that he upset you much"
In response to Reply #3

You are not the whole of playerbase though.

Observer (Anonymous)Fri 31-Jul-15 05:24 AM
Charter member
#125170, "He also didn't ever get inducted to the Village which m..."
In response to Reply #4

asdg

VladamirFri 31-Jul-15 10:39 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#125173, "Please delete all the extra posts."
Edited on Fri 31-Jul-15 10:40 AM

My hands spasm really badly these days and my clickie finger did a little dance when I clicked post.

1179 posts
#125174, "The Commander, thank god. He sounded fairly disgusted h..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

1179 posts
#125175, "The Commander, thank god. He sounded fairly disgusted h..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

VladamirFri 31-Jul-15 10:37 AM
1179 posts
#125172, "He did. Quite a lot."
In response to Reply #4

Nothing makes me more angry about this game than assholes who do nothing but make things unpleasant for the players. The reason being, newer players are exponentially more likely to be the ones who bear the brunt of it, as well as the ones having a harder time recovering. This is NOT good for the game, and our numbers are low enough.

I remember the days when we had 100 plus players on, and let me tell you it was fantastic. I want higher player counts again. The game becomes so much more realistic and interesting with a healthy population of players. People who take away the fun for other people just to get their sad little rocks off make me furious. we need MORE players, not less and this kind of rampant jackassery is BAD for the game. Do you seriously not see that?

TsunamiFri 31-Jul-15 04:02 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125176, "I don't."
In response to Reply #6

I don't see it I mean. I specifically enjoy Carrion Fields because not only is that sort of play possible, people actually adhere to it. I don't much care for scoreboard mentality, but it is a necessary evil to enjoy Carrion Fields for Carrion Fields.

"Because new players!" is a tired argument and honestly doesn't make much sense. New players should be allowed to know what they are getting into by answering what name they wish to be mourned by. Let's have a mob full loot/sac them straight off the bat in fact. Just because someone is new doesn't mean they necessarily lack the drive to play a game that is hard on them. Were that the case, none of us would have come to play here either since in y(our) mystical hay day of 100+, full loot was par for the course.

That kind of jackassery may drive people that don't like that sort of jackassery away, but I say good riddance. The game is built on conflict and hardship.

My opinion only, and just pointing out that you don't speak for the playerbase at large. Even if you do fall in the majority.

incognitoFri 31-Jul-15 04:27 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125177, "I suspect he does speak for the majority"
In response to Reply #9

Which is why the majority are not full looting/saccing cocks.

Many players, both experienced and new, find the psychological impact of a full sac too much because they know that some other player has wilfully chosen to make their lives as unpleasant as they could.

However, if you like being full sacced by all means tell all your enemies and we will try to accommodate your wishes.

TsunamiFri 31-Jul-15 05:39 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#125178, "I suspect"
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Fri 31-Jul-15 05:40 PM

that he speaks for the majority too. EDIT: (Just like I said in the original post)

I think your response is illogical and is not a necessary follow through to my post. "I like playing a game where being full looted is a possibility" is not the same as "Oh boy, I hope everyone full loots me constantly."

Anyone who finds the "psychological impact" of a full sac too much, needs to not play here. It's really not healthy for such an individual to play in an environment that they find to be too harsh to handle.

I'm not sure why I piped up anyway. It's been hashed out a bajillion times. Full looting is still a thing and CF is not CF without it. I'm just tired of hearing complaints under the guise of "For the new players!" Let's all be adults and just admit you (general you) don't like being full looted (because who would?) and stop acting like white knights for Mr. Newbie. Especially when those same people, I'll wager, won't hesitate to put a dagger in Mr. Newbie's back for the sake of +1 PK.

I'll go further to say that I doubt there is much difference to Mr. Newbie between getting curb stomped without a chance and getting curb stomped + losing cityguard armor. So, unless you are going to stop PKing people without a formal, written agreement that they aren't a "newbie" before hand, stop with the ####.

incognitoFri 31-Jul-15 06:14 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125179, "I can remember being new"
In response to Reply #11

And getting curb stomped wasn't a problem (much) but getting stomped without time to regear all the slots was demoralising. As were big exp holes.

I don't enjoy being full looted but I can roll with it, and indeed have done. But for others it is evidence that the players ruin the experience.

IsildurSat 01-Aug-15 02:47 PM
5969 posts
#125192, "RE: I can remember being new"
In response to Reply #12

The great thing about being new is that typically your gear is such crap that people have no motivation to loot much more than your gold and return/teleport potions.

Also, if you suck as bad as I did, it's obvious your new, and most people will have some modicum of pity on you. Most.

VladamirSat 01-Aug-15 10:31 AM
1179 posts
#125187, "RE: I don't."

"Back in the day" regearing was also a 5 minute process for anyone. Top tier? No. But good enough to be competitive and common knowledge about how to do it? Yes absolutely, and well within the ghost timer period, ESPECIALLY if you had summon. Red dragon, a couple of Spitfire cloaks and a pair of Pain-killers, a couple of purple potions and you were set. Being griefed was being miltikilled back then, because (as my whole point is) it increased the time spent doing un-fun things.

These days regearing in the mid ranks well enough to be competitive is no 5 minute process if you want to be able to fight someone. First you get the quick regear set (which you can't go out and buy the missing elements to like rings, since newbies probably won't be putting anything in the bank), then you get to spend all the time (and risk, further adding to the suck factor should you die in the process, thanks to the xp hole, because you don't use the aforementioned bank so probably won't have a return potion) regearing from top to bottom. I'm not talking caballed players who just have to pop off to their cabals pit either, remember a lot of the players never join a cabal for one reason or another. Newer players are more likely to not be caballed, and have no access to free non-guild #### in a pinch if they get full sacced.

As for "new players have to get used to it" that's a steaming sack of #### right there. It's incredibly uncommon for someone to drop a full loot on another player these days without some sort of history being involved. You (generally)have to have done something to earn that kind of behavior, because most people feel like I do about the time sink the game has become. I don't want new players to come out thinking that kind of behavior is the norm, since it's not, and deciding to go outside and have a life or something. I want them at their computers, playing the game.

If you can't enjoy CF without dropping a full sac on every person you kill, you're not playing CF. You're playing "Let's Be a Jackass" and should probably just go jerk off to crush videos or something where other people don't need to deal with you (not YOU you I hope you understand, I mean you as in the person full saccing everyone).

FYI, as for your comment about "nobody cares about newer players" I think there are a lot of people who play who would say that (when role appropriate) I will spend literally hours of my login time just showing them new things or helping them out. Why? Because I want them to keep playing. Maybe bring a friend or two.

VladamirSat 01-Aug-15 10:31 AM
1179 posts
#125188, "RE: I don't."
In response to Reply #9

"Back in the day" regearing was also a 5 minute process for anyone. Top tier? No. But good enough to be competitive and common knowledge about how to do it? Yes absolutely, and well within the ghost timer period, ESPECIALLY if you had summon. Red dragon, a couple of Spitfire cloaks and a pair of Pain-killers, a couple of purple potions and you were set. Being griefed was being miltikilled back then, because (as my whole point is) it increased the time spent doing un-fun things.

These days regearing in the mid ranks well enough to be competitive is no 5 minute process if you want to be able to fight someone. First you get the quick regear set (which you can't go out and buy the missing elements to like rings, since newbies probably won't be putting anything in the bank), then you get to spend all the time (and risk, further adding to the suck factor should you die in the process, thanks to the xp hole, because you don't use the aforementioned bank so probably won't have a return potion) regearing from top to bottom. I'm not talking caballed players who just have to pop off to their cabals pit either, remember a lot of the players never join a cabal for one reason or another. Newer players are more likely to not be caballed, and have no access to free non-guild #### in a pinch if they get full sacced.

As for "new players have to get used to it" that's a steaming sack of #### right there. It's incredibly uncommon for someone to drop a full loot on another player these days without some sort of history being involved. You (generally)have to have done something to earn that kind of behavior, because most people feel like I do about the time sink the game has become. I don't want new players to come out thinking that kind of behavior is the norm, since it's not, and deciding to go outside and have a life or something. I want them at their computers, playing the game.

If you can't enjoy CF without dropping a full sac on every person you kill, you're not playing CF. You're playing "Let's Be a Jackass" and should probably just go jerk off to crush videos or something where other people don't need to deal with you (not YOU you I hope you understand, I mean you as in the person full saccing everyone).

FYI, as for your comment about "nobody cares about newer players" I think there are a lot of people who play who would say that (when role appropriate) I will spend literally hours of my login time just showing them new things or helping them out. Why? Because I want them to keep playing. Maybe bring a friend or two.

AthiolesThu 23-Jul-15 11:05 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#125079, "You're really good at being a douchebag."
In response to Reply #0

Too bad you're not roleplaying it.

...or well, anything.

Commander (Anonymous)Thu 23-Jul-15 04:52 PM
Charter member
#125078, "Just was not feeling this guy after your spamming me wi..."
In response to Reply #0

Just because you get mage kills does not mean you get auto-inducted.

You are skilled at lowbie pk with your pants on, yes, but just not village material without the RP.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125077 Previous topic | Next topic